Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Infiniti G37 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    vegasflyervegasflyer Member Posts: 4
    AAA has auto referal service, which you end up paying just $300 over invoice on Infiniti G35 Coupe, which was pretty cool since there was no haggling and no jumping through the hoops. They were charging MSRP on options though. This was in Southern California.

On side note, I prefer current style over 2008 G37 style. Anyone know if the 2007 supply is going to be sufficient enough to make deals or it'll be in a tight supply since the new model is coming out just around the corner?
  • Options
    jakbarjakbar Member Posts: 12
    $300 over invoice is not a deal at the current time on a g35 coupe. There is 1500 in dealer incentives right now so you should be able to get under invoice at the least. Make sure they know that YOU know about the incentives going on when you go to buy.
  • Options
    tgalluptgallup Member Posts: 9
    Just purchased a G35 Journey 4 dr. Sedan with the Premium and Navigation Packages, plus trunk cargo net and splash guards from Hoehn Infiniti in San Diego County, CA:

Price: $34,530
    Tax: $2,680
    Doc Prep Fee: $55
    Registration/Titling Fee: $272
    CA Tire Fee: $8.75
    Smog Abatement Fee: $12

Paid $506 over invoice (if you don't throw in the holdback of approx. $906). If you add the holdback, it appears the dealer made a 4% profit on this car. We were extremely happy with our experience. The transaction was smooth and the dealership staff very pleasant to work with.
  • Options
    triple_7triple_7 Member Posts: 63
    CONGRATS, On your new G. That is a great price. I've been talking with a few dealers out here and should be ready to purchase by the end of this week or the weekend. I'll will call hoehn today and see what kind of a deal they offer. If i get a great deal like yours,then with the money I save, I'll make it a weekend vacation trip for me and my family to the dealership and then the San Deigo animal park.
    :shades:
  • Options
    as0105as0105 Member Posts: 4
    Does anyone know when the $1500 dealer incentives end?
  • Options
    Dealer is offering $950 over invoice. Dont have the car I want in stock so im thinking of placing a hold on one coming in the mid of May.Sunny San Diego here we come. ;)
  • Options
    newg37newg37 Member Posts: 1
    What does anyone think of this? I'm in NC

G35 Journey
    Nav
    Premium
    Tech
    Tire and Wheel (which I don't want but the color combo I want has this)
    Wood Trim
    Cargo Net

$36,696 plus tags and tax
  • Options
    scottm123scottm123 Member Posts: 1,501
    If you don't want the tire/wheel package, don't get it.
    All they have to do is swap them with another Journey/X which doesn't have the package.

Shouldn't be that big of a deal.
    If it is, they should be willing to hack the cost of the option down to nothing for you.
  • Options
    amyj513amyj513 Member Posts: 2
    I am looking to buy a G35x with rosewood and the premium package sometime in the next week here in Nebraska. What has the buying experience been like in the midwest and what kind of price before TTL can I expect to pay for this combo. Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    Thank You for all who posted here and have provided great information. This being my first NEW car purchase, didnt really know what to expect when dealing for a new car. I have to say that it has been fun and the internet buying experience is the way to go. No more wasting time,enegry and gas on driving dealership to dealership lot looking for a good price.
    If your not sure on which car you want- by all means go out and take a look around and have fun test driving. but once you know the car you want place an online quote and let the madness begin. you will get calls immediately from the dealers giving you a fair price offer. most that i have dealt with(only Infiniti dealers) have been great. no pressure sales quote over the phone and email. some will try to have you come in to their lot but most are willing to deal through email.

I just Placed a hold on a g35 sedan journey, blue slate, graph interior, prem, nav, tire pack.cargo net.
    delivery date is scheduled for may 4th. give or take a few days. just glad that the wait will not be long.

Thanks to everyone here again and keep this site going for others to benefit from. my six month research/buying adventure will soon come to an end. so I'll see you on the other treads about the G.
    -soon to be onwner-
  • Options
    Start the facial exercises now.
    The endless smile the G provides causes aches and pains.

Congrats on the ride... and the short wait.
    4 weeks nearly killed me. :cry:
  • Options
    fuzzywasfuzzywas Member Posts: 1
    They are sooo easy. We basically split the diff. Much compet. for sales here in Cornhusker land. Had a friend looking, the sales person wined and dined her, offered her a set of tickets for a game next fall, then they bought a Lexus anyhow. Go in with a real low ball price, you might be suprised. :)
  • Options
    amyj513amyj513 Member Posts: 2
    I spoke to the dealer today and they are only willing to take $1300 off MSRP for a G35x with wood trim and premium. This takes it to $36,140 before TTL. Anyone getting better?
  • Options
    newg36newg36 Member Posts: 7
    I want to buy a 2007 G35, Prem. pkg without nav. I live in Houston, the dealerships here are very notorious price wise. Nothing below MSRP as of my last encounter a month ago.
    What does anyone think of ordering from out of state and pay delivery costs?
    Any thoughts? OTD pricing, etc.
    Thanks for you suggestions
  • Options
    The thought of what delivery costs from out of state would be kinda scares me.
    When I was looking for mine, I tried to skip the waiting period by searching other local dealers.
    They wanted over $1,000 just to flatbed my car in from another dealer who was only a few hundred miles away.

You should not be paying MSRP for a Prem/No Nav unit.
    In fact, you should be down close to Invoice.
    At least here in NE, the price games don't start until the Tech package is added (Hard to find here)

Pricing depends on region and what's currently selling the most, but no matter what, MSRP is just to high.

Do you think out of state, plus shipping, would save you any money?
    Have you thought of driving it home from another dealership?

My purchase was 75 miles away, but my friend lives in MA and he bought his M3 in Chicago and drove it home!
    The entire deal was done over the phone and through email.
  • Options
    So $34,530 is with navigation? If I don't want the nav. option do I just take-off the invoice price on that?

Thank You
  • Options
    Thank you for your analysis. Price obviously is the reason why I am considering from out of state. There seems such a disparity in G35 pricing from Texas to other parts of the country as I see from this forum.
    I dont mind driving couple of hundred miles but the dealerships in San Antonio, and Austin are also the same. They talk to me like I must be kidding to expect the car below MSRP.
    I dont know why Texas pricing is this bad.

Any thoughts from other buyers in Houston or Texas?
  • Options
    So $34,530 is with navigation? If I don't want the nav. option do I just take-off the invoice price on that?

Try configuring your car on the edmunds site here. You can add or delete options or packages and it will give you an invoice price next to an MSRP. Keep in mind that Some options require the prem. package to get other options.
    It will also give you the market value in your area. (what others in your area are paying. Not completely accurate but you get an idea how the car is doing in your specific zip code area
  • Options
    sharpmesharpme Member Posts: 1
    I live in Austin and was forced to drive to Fort Worth for my 07 Sedan 6MT w/ Prem. pkg and Sirius. I paid $36,500 OTD back in early February which figures out to be about $1450 over invoice if I remember correctly. I thought this was a steal, as I didn't see too many getting deals much under MSRP for a 6MT.

I would avoid the Austin dealership (only one in town), as it just seemed shady to me.
  • Options
    Looks like my delivery date was sooner than expected. Got a call this evening that my G journey, prem, nav, tire pack, cargo net, arrived today. they indicated that the master tech was going to look it over and it was ready. Unfortunately, I am working tomorrow and will not be able to pick up my ride on sat. It will have to sit in their lot for a whole day. :cry:

Im calling them early tomorrow morning to make sure those salesguys dont touch my car and take it for a nasty test drive. Place a sign that says -HANDS OFF!!!- Will be there on Sunday to start the inspection process. Lets hope that I can sleep well and dream of G sedans. :shades:
  • Options
    blsingsblsings Member Posts: 1
    I bought my new G35x with prem/nav/tech/wood for approx $37045, which is slightly below the invoice. I had a great buying experience, and I am waiting for Monday to take delivery of my car.

Initially, I was looking to buy a G35x with prem/nav. On the phone, the dealer agreed for 35,900, slightly above the invoice of 35745. When I reached the dealership, the dealer was unable to locate the car with my color options. He had one G35x(with my color combination) coming to his dealership in 2-3 weeks, but in addition to prem/nav had the wood on it.I did not want to wait that long. So, the dealer started looking if any nearby dealer had the same car.

All he could get was one G35x with prem/nav/tech from another dealer. He agreed to let me have that for 36800. But, then the dealer would have the car driven from the other dealership, approx 50-60 miles away. My wife firmly declined that offer.

Then the dealer sweetened the deal, and said pick any car on my lot for invoice. We decided on a G35x with prem/nav/tech/wood, for OTD price of approx 39560. Finally the dealer rounded down the OTD price to 39,500. I think it was a great deal, and the best part was there was absolutely no sales pressure. We were at the dealership for 3 hours, took our time to make the decision.
  • Options
    Yes, that price included the navigation, which was hard to come by in January. However, I hear that more dealers are getting G35's in w/navigation. Good luck. I hope things work out for you.
  • Options
    Sounds like you got a great price. Usually, you pay a little more when the dealer has order. Just curious, where did you purchase from in San Diego? Thanks.
  • Options
    smokey75smokey75 Member Posts: 434
    What dealership & where?
  • Options
    vegasflyervegasflyer Member Posts: 4
    It ends in April. Edmunds has this info.

I remember seeing a $419 Infiniti lease deal not too long ago, then I saw $3xx something lease deal in April.

I'm hoping that they'll have better lease deal/incentives on G35 coupes in May.

If you check out the sales numbers at Nissan/Infiniti New Bureau website, you'll see that there is sharp decline in G35 coupe sales numbers in recent months. I'm not sure it's because consumers are waiting for 2008 new coupe model or there is not enough supply on coupes, but lower sales numbers usually means better incentives.

I'm ready to buy the 6MT coupe. I'm just waiting for great deal to come around in Southern California area.
  • Options
    Montclair, I had talked to them a few weeks ago and had received a price of 35500. I called Hohen in San Diego and they offered $950 over invoice and was ready to make it a weekend trip out of it. But montclair came through. I called them back and told them I was ready for purchase and if they could work with me on the price. I was hoping for $500 over but not over $1000. They actually offered 750 over- right in the middle. Not the best deal out there but a good deal in my opinion and one that I am comfortable with. They had one available at a nearby dealer but I informed them that this was going to be My first NEW car purchase and wanted to find something with the least amount of miles on it as a personal choice. since the car offered was going to have 30-40 miles on it I had to decline. fortunately for me, they had two coming in for the week of may 4th. and appears to have come a few days earlier.
  • Options
    nos684nos684 Member Posts: 4
    I am getting an offer of 35,850 for 07 35x, with navi, wood trim and prem package. with destination...any one get the exact for lower? if so which dealer?? I am in the northern jersey area...any dealer close to that would be helpful.
  • Options
    Just picked up my G from Montclair. Overall it was a good experience. No hassle and they offered but did not try to shove extra warranties or plans at me. drove it home yesterday and it only had 8 miles on it, just like I had hoped for. I got about 110 on it now and I know that they are all mine. hopefully the car can reach 100,000 with no problems so I can say the same. Here are my numbers for those in the area looking for purchase:

G35 Sedan Journey- prem, nav tire pack, cargo-MSRP-37,515
    invoice-34275. Paid $35025. OTD- 38272

Still playing around with all the controllers and the nav system. should keep me busy for a few weeks trying to figure out all the gadgets. the car drives amazing and has a lot of cool features that almost make me feel lazy such as the push start system (which I love), and the auto tilt seat adjustment when entering and exit. I hope this smile never goes away.
  • Options
    alfster3alfster3 Member Posts: 25
    According to Edmunds the invoice price of your vehicle is $35,987. Looks like you are getting it for below invoice. Based on the research I've been doing here, that is a great deal.

Would you be willing to post the dealer's name? I don't live far from northern NJ and am currently looking for a similar car.
  • Options
    I am curious of the holdback figure you mentioned ($906). What is the source of this information. I want to use this as a means to get a good price, say 800 to 1000 over invoice.
  • Options
    Just curious about your thougts on Navigation.
    I am looking to buy a G35 w/Prem. Pkg. but no navigation. Am I losing anything more than the navigation itself?

:confuse:
  • Options
    you will be losing the music box and the compact flash card which sounds great. still need to go get my cf card. to busy ripping cd's on the HDD music box. Along with the map/ nav system with voice guidance. And one more that just came to mind, the digital clock on the top right hand corner of the screen, although i prefer the analog clock.

maybe others can add more. Ive only had the car one day so may be leaving some stuff out.

from infiniti:
    Infiniti Navigation System (hard disk drive-based) with touchscreen, Lane Guidance and 3-D building graphics
    - XM NavTraffic® providing Real-Time Traffic[1] information
    - XM® satellite radio[1]
    - 9.3-gigabyte Music Box hard drive and compact flash slot for playing MP3 files
    - Infiniti Voice Recognition for climate control, audio, information and navigation systems
  • Options
    Without Navigation, you gain the Memo Recorder, where you can record little 30 second blurbs on how not to forget bread after work.... but then, you'll forget to listen to the memo asking you to remember the bread.

Then, you'll go home, the wife will ask where the bread is, and you'll say that your 30K+ car forgot to remind you, causing the wife to do what all wives do.. complain about why you spent so much on a car when an Altima could have done just fine.

Next thing you know, it's all out war, all over you car.
    Just get the NAV and a "Post It" pad. :P
  • Options
    traderbtraderb Member Posts: 38
    anyone know if the lease terms have changed for MAY?
  • Options
    sprinkler13sprinkler13 Member Posts: 452
    They usually aren't posted until the 5th of the month (or the next business day). From what I've noticed over the last few months is that in terms of the final monthly price it is working out about the same as previous months assuming the cap cost stays the same...it's typically a lower MF along with a lower residual. However, I have also noticed that for leases above 36 months the numbers aren't always as good as what you might get from an outside bank. Hope this helps until the new numbers arrive.
  • Options
    jagguarjagguar Member Posts: 25
    Hey triple7, congrats on your new car. I'm also picking up my special order sedan 6MT from Infiniti of Montclair next week. It's scheduled to arrive on the 11th. The only thing I'm really worried about at this point is that Jodie wants to run my credit even though I already have a check for her from my credit union. Did you have to have your credit run by them as well (assuming you didn't finance it through them)? The only other thing is that I told her that I want to be there while the technician does the full inspection of the car. I want to see every little detail that they inspect. She said she can't promise anything, but I guess I'll see how it goes.
  • Options
    I should first thank you for hinting to me to get a quote from Montclair, they were a little out of my area but it was worth the extra few miles to get it from them. they were very professional, and did not appear to play any games.

I also got a check from my credit union as they provided a good rate. she did indicate that they had to run my credit which I did not mine having good credit and wanted to compare rates with them. After the credit run, it did not appear that the rates were as good as those that I had acquired on my own(i let them know I had a check from my union upon arrival) but she took it to the finance manager and they were able to match the rate, which was nice knowing that I had options. I ended up going with the union since I had already made arrangements with my bank regarding being able to make a large down payment within 60 days before recalculating the interest and monthly payment. Again they were very professional and did not try to push their finance on me at all.

I would have liked to have been there for the inspection myself like you but my car came in sooner than i expected and was not able to get there until two days after it had arrived. You would be smart to let them know not to wash or polish the car so you can do that yourself with your zaino kit. Just got mine today via UPS and will spend sat. morning and probably afternoon following the cleaning procedure :)

congarts on your car and hope all goes well. I know you have been waiting a long time for you G.
  • Options
    No problem. That's what I love about these discussion boards is that everyone has the opportunity to share about their buying experiences and let everyone else know when they find a great deal somewhere. Btw, how did you get your car so quick if you ordered it after I ordered mine?

And btw, about the Zaino kit, I paid $240 for mine and got everything including the Z-CS and Z-8 and several towels and applicators. I double checked with Sal about the absolute best method/process and he agreed on the following: Dawn wash --> Clay --> Z-7 wash --> Z-2 w/ZFX --> Z-6 between layers --> Z-2 w/ZFX layers --> seal everything with Z-CS --> top it off with Z-8. Sal agreed it just doesn't get any better than that. It's a brand new car, so it really doesn't need Z-5 yet unless your car's a dark color. I ordered mine from lazaino.com (So Cal distributor) and was able to order towels and everything. And btw, I'm going to practice Zainoing this weekend on my old car. I'm sure it'll help me sell the car anyway, so I might as well.

Enjoy your new G. Let me know how it goes. And if I disappear from this discussion board for a few days, it's probably because my car arrived and I just haven't stopped driving it yet.
  • Options
    I followed the procedure above about 2 weeks ago and the car looked amazing.
    Last night, I washed the car with Z7 and once I had it good and dry, I tossed on a quick coat of Meguiar's NXT Liquid Wax.
    It was like an emotional experience (LOL)
    The car looks better than with the Zaino products alone.
    I had heard it elsewhere, and didn't think much of it, but toss a coat or 2 of wax on toap of everything once it's had time to sit and cure.... WOW!
    I'm in the market for some Pinnacle Souverän Carnauba Paste Wax, but I'm waiting for someone to put it on sale... $70-$80 for a little tub of wax is a little much.
  • Options
    Really? Alright, thanks for the info. Let us know how that lasts. Also, a little tip I heard somewhere is that when you're claying, wear surgical rubber gloves. It helps you hold the clay without dropping it.

And triple7, about the credit, no matter how good your credit is, an extra inquiry always hurts your credit score just a little. I've been working long and hard to keep my credit score pristine and I prefer to minimize inquiries as much as possible. I told Jodie she can't beat 5.5% and she agreed. She said she can't compete with that. And btw, for everyone out there, if you've ever been in the military or if you have any family links to anyone who is, I strongly recommend joining Navy Federal Credit Union and USAA. They offer great rates and they honestly have the best customer service I have ever experienced.
  • Options
    5.5%, That is a great rate, beats my credit union. How much multiple checks affect a score is hard to say. From What I've read and heard is that if you get a few checks within a certain time frame such as 3-4 in a one week period, it counts as one inquire because they know that you are shopping for a loan such as a car loan or a mortgage. But Im sure getting more than one can affect it a little in some way. And your right, They probably wont beat your rate.

I actually did not order my car. reserved one of the two with my specs that they had coming in the next week. they had one at another dealer but I declined it because I wanted one with the least amount of miles as possible on it being my first NEW car. I got lucky in that they had two coming in so placed a deposit on it. only had to wait a few days.

Scott, thanks for the wax tip. Claying my new car scares me a bit, I'll have to try it first on my J30.
  • Options
    christytchristyt Member Posts: 1
    So I'm getting ready to get a new G (yeah!), and I really like the red exterior color, but it's impossibly difficult to find. Anyone know why I'm having such a hard time finding red? I like the black also, but I'd kinda like to hold out for the red unless anyone knows something I don't.

Thanks for your info!
  • Options
    I know color preference is so personal; but what do you think of Lake Shore Slate (light blue)?
    Most of the ones I have seen on the road are - - Gold or Gray (Platinum Graphite). Same with TL too! How come new buyers are not getting bored with these?
  • Options
    vincent50vincent50 Member Posts: 20
    Have been using Zaino for years. The more you use Zaino the more it shines. You do not need any other wax. I had a Lexus GS 300 a while back. I had so many layers of Zaino on it. I parked it in a shopping lot and when I came out the side of the car was all scratched. What the he-- had hit my car? I went home and put some more Zaino over the scratches and the car was fine. The more layers you use the better it looks and protects your car. Thank you Zaino.
  • Options
    vidurvidur Member Posts: 22
    Hey,

This is my first car buy & I am looking to buy the Coupe 6MT w/ premium & NAV in a week or 2. What kind of offers are you folks getting for this car? I have gone to Infiniti of Pleasanton which offered 2500$ (including $1500 factory rebate) of the list price & said we can talk when I come in to buy. I am arranging for my own finance.

Also, any exp. good or bad w/ any of the bay area dealers?

Thanks, Vidur
  • Options
    roln4byroln4by Member Posts: 2
    Pleasanton and Santa Clara dealers are good - very proactive and didn't try to push extras. Peninsula is the worst experience.
  • Options
    If color is that important to you, go to a dealership (or email them) and ask them to check all the dealerships in the area for a red one with the options you want. They can check the inventory in every dealership in pretty much half the US.

Btw, I'm guessing by your name that you're a female, but I just have to point out the red G35 is not a standard red. It's more of a feminine red. I think it has a very slight purplish tinge to it. I would highly recommend seeing one in person before deciding on that color. And the problem with black is that it gets so hot inside when it sits out in the sun (assuming you have California weather), and it also gets dirty really fast. I would recommend sticking it out to get the color you want. If they can't find the color and options you want anywhere, you can always special order the car. You just have to wait about 3 months for it to arrive.
  • Options
    ladybug11ladybug11 Member Posts: 1
    I found G35x car with all needed options, color and a good price ($650 over invoice), but dealer mentioned that car has 14mls on it. Is it a red flag or its normal for new car to have a few miles?
  • Options
    zekeman1zekeman1 Member Posts: 422
    What!? You're worried about 14 miles??? Come on, be real...many have way more than that test driving. Personally, I wouldn't worry about 50 miles. Btw, have you test driven one? What will they do with the one you drove? They sell those too. $650 over invoice...I would be waiting at the front door when they opened. Sounds like this is the first new car you've ever purchased.
    Z
  • Options
    Up to 10 miles are put on the cars at the factory.
    In fact, the car comes with a letter stating how many miles were placed on the car during it's testing phase and this can be found in the glove box.
    Most dealers, however, throw this letter out while cleaning the car and prepping it for delivery.
    14 miles is nothing out of the ordinary, as the other miles are put on the car while bring it off the boat, moving it through the storage lots, on/off trucks, storage at dealer, etc.

Mine had 10.5 on it when I took delivery.
    14 is no red flag.

Good Luck.