Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Infiniti G37 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    em_geem_ge Member Posts: 15
    I got a quote form a dealer in southern CA that was offering invoice price. This was before we talked about any financing by the way.
  • Options
    hswhsw Member Posts: 26
    I'm looking to buy in the Chicagoland area this summer. Which dealers were offering 300-500 over invoice? Thanks.
  • Options
    This is general question about MSRP prices and destination prices...

I posted this question in the M section, but no one has replied, I was wondering if some of you could help. I appreciate it a lot.

Can someone tell me what the invoice price should be for this car? If I want to pay invoice price, does that include the destination fee of 715?

here are some numbers:
    M35x AWD (base)
    MSPR : $44,550
    Invoice: $40,938
    Dest: 715

Technology package
    MSRP: $2950
    Invoice: $2542

Whats the real cost to the dealer for the M35x AWD with Technology package???

is it: $40938 + $2,542 = $43,480

or is it: $40938 + 715+ $2,542 = $44,195

I've talked to a few dealers to see who can give me closest to Invoice price, they all seemed to add the $715 dest. on top of the $43,480. But I wasn't sure if they actually paid the $44,195 or if the $715 they were adding was just extra profit for them and if the $715 was included in the $40,938 invoice price.

thanks

emge
  • Options
    Infiniti Barrington Motorwerks was talking to me with some prices pretty close to invoice. I think it was about $500 over... I was trying to get it at invoice, he said he had to check with his manager, but hasn't called back. End of month seems a little easier to get answers from these guys. What kind of car are you trying to get?

Has anybody ever met someone here who was interested to buy around the same time and then both of you went to the dealer to buy together? I mean I think that would help a lot in negotiating invoice and below invoice prices, don't you guys think? Well if anyone is interested to buy in either, chicago area or southern WI, let me know. I plan on buying within 2-6 weeks probably.
  • Options
    vidurvidur Member Posts: 22
    As far as I know, invoice includes destination.
  • Options
    triple_7triple_7 Member Posts: 63
    MSRP includes the 715 destination charge. invoice refers to what the car actually cost including any options you might want on it. I highly suggest doing a configuration of the car you want here on edmunds. they will give you the msrp price next to the invoice price. for example: splash guards msrp= 140, invoice=109 nav=2100; invoice-1800 so on...
    that way when you contact the dealers, you know exactly what each item and package really cost and can get the best deal.
    The confusing part would be dealer actual cost as it is different from invoice when there are factory holdbacks 2% and factory to dealer incentives. which is why some dealers often sell cars at invoice price knowing that they will still make money off the holdback and any incentives that are offered. again do the search here on edmunds with the options you want.
    and have fun shopping,
  • Options
    triple_7triple_7 Member Posts: 63
    is it: $40938 + $2,542 = $43,480

this would be the dealer cost plus any holdback and incentives.
    however; yes they would have to add the destination charge to that. Destination charges are one of the few legit fees that you would have to pay if buying along with whatever your state allows for doc fees. here in cali, there is a max of $55 I believe. other states are different. other than that such as finder fees, transportation fees and advertising fees should all be avoided.
    hope this helps
  • Options
    bulletidbulletid Member Posts: 1
    only my 2nd lease...here goes

2007 g35 journey w. nav, prem 18" wheels

sticker 37666
    paid 36000
    lease 24 month 15000 miles @571 a month plus taxes (610) w/ 1500 down

how much off of invoice should most lease deals be?
    what would be invoice on this vehicle?

any info would help
  • Options
    sweendogysweendogy Member Posts: 1,310
    smoothie your in the wrong chat --this is for g35 not the highend m35x-- good luck with that car--i drove it over a long weekend in a snow storm and it was fantastic in the snow -- but does not have the get up as its younger g.. which is why i went G :surprise: :surprise: :surprise: :surprise: :surprise:
  • Options
    did you get a good deal-- well i cant say for certain but it depends on where your leasing.. ny ca ma?? invoice information can be located on edmunds.com -(your lease price looks inline) -.. and leases are not based off invoice they are off the price you agreed on.residual..and other factors. now i have a question why get the journey or the base G?? to me there is 2 choices for the g sedan-- sport or awd.. I was debating getting the 6spd (have never had an auto) but due to newengland weather went with the awd.. MPG not the best--but i can tell you the technology and power of the car is terrific for the price
  • Options
    patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    You could try asking other M35 owners in the general 2007 Infiniti M35/M45 discussion in case there are folks there who missed your post in the PP & BE topic.
  • Options
    mproberts0mproberts0 Member Posts: 2
    Hi there, new to this forum, and I have to say it ROCKS! Anyway, I'm looking at buying an 03' infinity G35 40K miles, in perfect condition. He his asking $13500. There's the catch, it has a rebuilt title. I've driven the car and checked it over, there are no signs of damage, or anything. It drives straight, tires are worn normally. etc...
    Edmunds says the PP value is $18754 with a clean title.
    So how much to offer? Should I just run the other way?
    Thanks in advance for any help.
    Marc
  • Options
    stkntrafficstkntraffic Member Posts: 172
    Call your insurance company first and see what they say, and if they will even cover it.

I would trust your instinct to run the other way. You have no idea what kind of damage that car has.
  • Options
    mks3mks3 Member Posts: 10
    My sister and I bought matching G's last week from Sacramento Infiniti. I think we did great....they both are blue slate, graphite interior, premium, nav, technology, wood trim, cargo net, splash guards. My sister got AWD ($37,400+ tax/lic), mine is a Journey model with premium wheel package($36,500 +tax/lic).

My sister lives in Washington and they weren't dealing, and didn't have the car she wanted, so I worked the deal in Sacramento where I live, chechked out the car, and had it transported. She got the car last Thursday and is in heaven!

I traded my 2005 G35 Sport with Premium, Nav, Prem wheels, and splash guards..Ivory Pearl/w Wheat. Loved the car...but I wanted all the 2007 enhancements now! I've owned 3, 5 series BMW's and a Jaguar...I never would have thought Infiniti could be so good!!!
  • Options
    scottm123scottm123 Member Posts: 1,501
    blue slate, graphite interior, premium, nav, technology, wood trim, cargo net, splash guards. My sister got AWD

Your sister and I have the same exact car, right down to the additional add-ons.
    Only difference I can think of would be that I switched my interior lights to super-white LEDs (awesome inexpensive mod) and I have the 3M protective film.
    The Blue Slate is amazing when clean and sitting in the sun.
  • Options
    Yes, I thought it was awesome too...which is why I traded my 2005 G for the 2007 Journey:-)

So what did you pay for yours?? I think I did OK.....
  • Options
    You actually did very well.
    I paid about 1K more than you.

When I went shopping for mine, the x was nowhere to be found with the Tech Package w/ Wood Trim, as they sold way before ever hitting US soil.
    I had to order mine and met the dealership right between Invoice/MSRP.

Of course, as time passes on, deals become better and better.
    I'm super happy with the deal and the car itself.
  • Options
    vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    NOT AT ANY PRICE! Run away! Unless you can find out what the actual damage was, you could be buying a vehicle that is totally unsafe (forget about the silly state inspection required for a rebuilt title--if your state even requires it).

If you're hell bent on buying it, I'd offer half of blue book at most (and only if I was desperate).
  • Options
    Yes, I know they are hard to find with all the adds. The Sacramento dealer brought it in from a Bay area dealer...there were none in Washington. I worked hard for the deal I made on my sisster's car...it was going to be $37,800, but when it was brought from the other dealer it had a few more miles then I was told. That got me another $400 off:-)

I wasn't going to get a new car yet, as mine was the 2005 model, but when I went to tie up some loose ends with my sister's transaction, I saw they had just recieved the indentical Journey model...still wrapped in plastic. I think it was fate:-)

Did you get your warranty yet?
  • Options
    Not yet... still in the stage where I think and rethink before writing the check.
    I know it had to be done though... as I have the worst luck in the world.
    If I don't buy it, everything will start to go wrong once out of warranty.
    If I do buy it, I'll never need it.

I'll most likely have it done by week's end though.
  • Options
    what exactly is this LED upgrade? which lights did you change?
    and how much was it? do you have any before and after pictures? or any other website with pics?

thanks a lot
  • Options
    I'll start by saying that I don't have any pics.
    I meant to take before/after pics, but forgot to take before shots... and I'm not about to swap the bulbs back out again.

I ordered some super-white LED bulbs and replaced the bulbs for the Map Lights, Rear Passenger Lights, Front Doors, Trunk and License Plate.

The original bulbs give a warmer yellowish light.
    These are bright and white.
    Whole new look and I love it.
    I paid approx $30 for 10 bulbs, including shipping.

I got them through ebay, and they were shipped from hid-lights.com.

The map lights were easy.
    The trunk light was the easiest.
    The door lights took a little more patience, but it's worth the time/effort/cost.

I'll take some pics and if they come out okay, I'll post them.
  • Options
    I'd hate to talk about this if it's not true at all as I am seriously considering to buy an Infiniti soon.

But someone posted a rumor that Infiniti might be pulling out of the US? Could this be true? Has anyone heard anything similar? If not then this message and that one should be deleted so no such rumors are started. thanks,

This was posted on the Lexus GS350AWD vs MS35X forum.

#7 of 7 Lexus GS350AWD vs MS35X by snuggy3814 Jun 06, 2007 (11:55 am)
    Bookmark | Reply
    I have been car hunting and have narrowed it down to the GS350 & the MS35X. I have read comments on purchaes on both vehicles and am still having a hard time deciding which car to purchase. I heard a rumor recently that Infinity is possibly pulling out of the US. If this is true what will that do to the value of Infinity autos? Has anyone heard this rumor? Can anyone give me add'l info to help me make a decision on my purchase?
  • Options
    Um, I hold no weight on comments made by someone who can't even spell the manufacturer's name correctly.

I've personally not heard anything about this.
    If it is true, I sure am happy I bought mine when I did.

Nobody else will have them so they're not seen on the streets often, and mine will sky-rocket in value! :P ;):D
  • Options
    Plus, Infiniti has just reporting high gains in US Sales...
    Auto Spies

INFINITI HIGHLIGHTS
    · Sales for Infiniti were up 5.6 percent, with 10,748 units sold, as compared with last May’s 9,786 units.
    · The all-new G Sedan contributed sales of 5,007 units, up 71.9 percent over last year.
  • Options
    smokey75smokey75 Member Posts: 434
    And Infiniti was ONLY an American make until last year I think when they expanded a couple of other countries. Infiniti's were still made in Japan but not even sold there. In the US luxury brands are more important.
  • Options
    rmcneicermcneice Member Posts: 20
    I've been shopping a G35x AWD, with a premium package and wood trim. I'm looking both with and without navigation. Here's the quotes I've received so far (damn, these are pretty close to invoice feom what I see).

Cars Direct w/o Nav : MSRP 37265 Invoice 34177 Price Target 36515
    Edmunds w/o Nav: MSRP 37265 TMV 36522

Costco: Price w/o Nav 34650
    Manhasset: Price w/o Nav 34286 Price w/ Nav 36186
    St James: Price w/o Nav 34500 Price w/ Nav 36000
    Lynbrook: Price w/o Nav 34311 Price w/ Nav 36956
    Massapequa: TBD this weekend after a 2nd test drive

So the lowest I've seen is

w/o Nav: 34286
    w/ Nav: 36000

I'm still torn between the G35 and a Lexis ES350
    - better performance from the G35 and nicer exterior looks
    - better gas milage from the ES350 and nicer interior looks

Torn between the two,
    Bob
  • Options
    This is an easy decision, once you decide what you want from your car.
    The ES350 is a very nice car, but when it comes to heart-pounding performance... it's snoozeville.

The G is a blast to drive, but it's offering less of that 'float on a cloud' ride that the ES offers.
  • Options
    zekeman1zekeman1 Member Posts: 422
    I've had both. The 350 has lots of little touches the G does not have...auto wipers, puddle lamps, terrific interior lighting, and I could go on. The one thing the 350 also has is a very troublesome transmission with flaring which is causing many owners big time headaches & frustrations. These are 2 VERY different cars...the 350 is a much more comfortable car, but not a rocket like the G. It's going to come down to a personal choice. You should peruse the 350 forums to get a feel for everyones likes & dislikes about the car.
    Z
  • Options
    dwynnedwynne Member Posts: 4,018
    Edmunds has shown a $1,500 dealer incentive for G35 coupes for a couple of months. I as told today (by a normally reliable source) that the dealer does not get the incentive if you do the "cheap" lease. In this case, 4.5% to 5% rather than the 6.6% a 3rd party bank would charge. When I run the numbers, paying $1,500 less for the car but using the 3rd party MF results in a higher payment by about 25%.

Can anyone confirm this? Anyone know the current (June) MF ?

Thanks,
    Dennis
  • Options
    sprinkler13sprinkler13 Member Posts: 452
    Just be aware of what the normal fees are before you go into the dealer. Many people will quote a nice cheap price on the car, but then they just make up for it by overcharging on other fees...or not including certain fees that are normally included.
  • Options
    Make sure you get the quotes to include destination - you would be surprised how many dealers "forget" to put that in the quote. This is $715 for a G35, so leaving that out dramatically changes the quote.

As as user sprinkler13 mentions, get all the quotes to include the dealer "doc" or "prep" fees as well. Many high line car dealers have high line doc fees. My local Infiniti dealer charges nearly $500 - others may charge as little as $50 (state mandated) or $200-250 or something.

So when you compare, get quotes for the car and MAKE SURE they included destination and dealer fees. Then you can compare apples to apples when you decide where to get your new car.

The nav has a nice screen, but the maps are fairly out of date and the updates, whenever they are available and quite spendy. The local dealership's road and the road leading to it are not on the latest maps. So you can navigate to the dealer's door using the maps in the nav systems of the cars they have sitting on the lot unsold! Infiniti also locks the controls out when the car is moving, so you can only operate it using voice commands or stop the car. Other OEM systems do not do this. You can get the top of the line Garmin for a lot less than the OEM Nav and it works so much better. The only plus with the OEM system is the backup camera, on models so equipped. So I would not pay the asking price for the factory nav, I don't think. I have had OEM nav systems in a couple of cars and they are not as good as the cheapest Garmin.

To me, the ES is a really nice, overpriced Camry and not something I would consider. If I wanted to settle for FWD, the Acura TL would be a better choice. Other than the dealership experience maybe being better, an Avalon or Camry could be loaded up nice and still be a lot less than the ES.

Sounds like you are getting some good prices, just add in the doc fees and pick the best deal then go pick your color :D

Dennis
  • Options
    rphmanrphman Member Posts: 29
  • Options
    I am about to buy an infiniti g35 sport
    Blue Slate
    Premium
    Navigation
    Splash guards
    Cargo net
    MSRP 38,815
    Invoice 35,474

for $325 dollars over invoice??
    What do you guys think...
    Deal or no deal???

Any input would be appreciated....

I am to go to dealer next week...

WB
  • Options
    For an 07 sedan? As long as the dealer fee is not outrageous then I would say that is a good deal and about VPP pricing.

For an 07 coupe? With the $1,500 dealer incentive they are making $1,825 plus holdback so not such a good deal.

Dennis
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 238,949
    Hey, Dennis..

Shopping for a G35 Coupe? :)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Thinking on it. The lease is about up on the RX-8 and (other than gas mileage) I love the car and was thinking of buying it off lease. I went and looked at some other cars and nothing that I like better than the 8 for a reasonable price. The kids all have their own cars now and I have the xB if I need to carry more than 2 in comfort.

Then I noted that the G37 is on the way and the $1,200 dealer incentive and/or cheap lease deals on the G35 coupes. I looked at Infiniti before I got the 330i, before I got the M5, and again before I got the RX-8 but had never driven the G35 coupe. I took a test drive and decided I could live with it. It all just depends on how good a deal I can get. I can likely get a VPP code which nets out to just under $300 under invoice less incentive. The trouble is finding a 6mt coupe (seems like 90% of the cars on the lots are auto) in the right color equipped like I want and THEN trying to get it without paying for crap-o-la on the dealers side sticker, $500 doc fees, and inflated money factors.

With the right deal, it would be cheaper to drive a new G35 coupe than it was to drive the RX-8.

I really do hate shopping high-line cars, they push the "experience" and jack up the price and the money and expect me to be happy. They can keep the "experience" just give me a low price, cheap money, and the car keys :D .

Dennis
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 238,949
    Doesn't your favorite Louisville dealer have the Infiniti store, also?

I had a neighbor that bought down there... because our local dealer was high..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    sieveboysieveboy Member Posts: 4
    2007 G35x Prem, Nav, Splash Guards and Net. $36250 (inv + $500). I think it's not bad. Any feedback? Thanks.
  • Options
    sieveboy,
    its a good deal i got the X a month ago for 36500 same exact options -- if your not in the northeast then go with the blue slate ( i dont want to see your car next to mine) its the best color-- i also went with the darker interior (graphite)..car is fantastic --a little wider then i thought but a real cruiser on the highway wish I could open her up but due to the fact that i have only 400 miles on her. one more thing consider the tech package as the car is a little higher then most in the back and for the added smart cruise control i might have gone that way for the extra 1k. Good luck on your purchase-- make sure they put the right pressure in your tires before you drive off..
  • Options
    325 over invoice for a g35 sport sedan...

other fees
    $58 document fee
    $15 plate fee or something like that
    and sales tax....
    that is it
    What do you guys think??? Deal or no deal....
  • Options
    sieveboysieveboy Member Posts: 4
    I'll be dammed, sweendogy, I also got the blue slate with graphite, and I'm in northeast!! West Boston 'burbs. Thanks for the info.
  • Options
    i'm in cambridge keep your car out of the city ;)
  • Options
    rmcneicermcneice Member Posts: 20
    Inked the deal Saturday morning. The wife nixed the ES350 as an option saying it's too much of an old man's car and I would probably be sick of the soft drive in 6 months. The G35 is far sportier and better for me at this stage. Way to go Laura (I love you). She also talked me out of a white car and into the Blue w/ a black/slate interior.

Anyway, I will be getting a G35x with premium package without nav and a dealer installed wood trim package (which looks better then the factory wood to me and covers more surfaces). $34486 plus a $50 dealer prep and a $10 license plate transfer fee + NYS tax.

They also gave me a decent trade in amount on my '96 I30, better than other dealers where I've gotten a quote; it basically covers the tax.

Thank you Massapequa Infiniti.

Bob
  • Options
    johninnjjohninnj Member Posts: 243
    Take the tech package!!!! Rearview camera, smart cruise, and adaptive front lighting for 1K. I might have passed..but the one on the lot had it. I think the camera alone is worth the grand.
  • Options
    da763da763 Member Posts: 14
    I'm looking for an 07 G35S 6MT w/Premium and Sirius and am trying to determine what a reasonable final price range is.

I've seen a few statements here and on other boards indicating $300-$400 below invoice is do-able, but I'd really like to know what dealers are doing these deals. I live in San Diego, but will go anywhere up to Santa Barbara to secure this type of a deal.

Thanks for your help.
  • Options
    sprinkler13sprinkler13 Member Posts: 452
    If you are talking about a sedan...I think you are mistaken in what is doable. the 07 is not selling for invoice or below yet. And I think that anyone who says that is forgetting to mention that they probably have a trade involved too and have to take that into consideration. If it's a coupe, then I believe you should be able to get invoice or below..especially since you aren't looking for too many options...however I believe the MT models are harder to find so there probably isn't as much selection. That being said, the coupes have 1500 dealer incentives so they can go below invoince and still make money on the car.
  • Options
    carliker1carliker1 Member Posts: 2
    I'm with you on the ES. Just bought a G35x w/ premium for 33,950 (a little north of NYC). From what I've been reading 100 under invoice is a good deal.
  • Options
    rfscorfsco Member Posts: 2
    I don't know about sedans, but, Kearny Mesa Infiniti quoted on a coupe 6MT 24 mo lease for $299 mo + tax, 12,000 mi/yr; $5,000 drive off--- Escondido Infiniti quoted $4,000 off sticker (you do the math.) They both had several coupes, but, I am waiting to see the 08 G37 in Aug or Sept, 2007. Maybe this (G37's coming) is the reason they want to move the G35 coupes. Like I said, I don't know what they are doing on the sedans.
  • Options
    They have "cheap" lease rates on the coupes, but you can't combine the lease special and the $1,500 incentive. So most dealers will lease you a coupe for about invoice and the discounted rate (around 5% for a 39 month lease). As long as the doc fee is not too bad, that is a pretty good deal for a nice car. Or you could buy for well under invoice, I would guess.

At some point - many months after the G37 intro if sales go well - you may can find some deals on them. If you can do VPP you will be $300 or so over invoice, but I am would bet the lease rate will be a good bit higher.

If you can do VPP you can do it now on sedans and end up $300 or so over invoice + doc fee + dealer installed stuff.

I don't know if I have heard of folks getting under invoice for the sedans at this time.

Dennis