Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Infiniti G37 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    ngongo Member Posts: 8
    On Carsearch.com, it states that INVOICE price already includes freight and desitination. A majority of the time.

Not sure
  • Options
    zekeman1zekeman1 Member Posts: 422
    Do you really think the dealer is going to pay the freight on the car to get it to his dealership? Uhh, no. The freight charge is usually a flat fee and everyone pays it. Of course, they probably can say they'll waive it but include it somewhere else hidden...you know, creativity with numbers? Whatever you pay, it'll probably look like a great deal (to you), but the dealer is still making money otherwise you wouldn't be getting the car. My suggestion: quit wringing your hands over the freight fee and pull the trigger.
    Z
  • Options
    sweendogysweendogy Member Posts: 1,310
    yeah they only let me put down 2k for the deposit something about the dealer having to pay a 2% service charge --this is not the first time I ran into this at a dealership.. anyway car was delivered tonight-- looks good to bad its raining out.. the salesman stayed 2 hours to show me a couple of things on the car--(phone, navi, etc..) .the salesman now on his way back to the dealer with my VW JETTA GLI (i will miss the 6 speed manual) to clarify a previous post I purchased the car (not lease) -- looks like a real stunner sitting in my spot-- the blue slate with dark interior and the wasabi (wus up) metal.. the XM/SIRI thing wont happen in the first 3 months of free service --might never happen with as the FCC is all over it...
  • Options
    dasc151dasc151 Member Posts: 3
    Hi, I was wondering if a price quote of $32865 is good for a:
    2007 G35 Journey Sedan
    Premium Package
    Wheel&Tire Package

I looked it up on TMV and it appears to be about 400 above invoice. Thanks!
  • Options
    dmk11dmk11 Member Posts: 2
    This seems like a good price. Which state / dealership you got this price at? Thanks
  • Options
    99rams99rams Member Posts: 19
    I sent a local dealer in NJ(Salerno Duane Infiniti) an email seeing the availability on the 2007 G35 journey. They sent me an email back saying “First off let me thank you for your “interenet” inquiry for the G35 Journey. Unfortunately it is unavailable in the north east. What I can offer you however is a great deal on a G35X with any of the packages your ”refering” to.” Do you guys think this is true or are they trying to push me into an X b/c its what they carry in there inventory?
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,149
    It might not be widely available, but Infiniti of Ardmore, PA claims to have one. Maybe it's a mistake as I could not find a single other dealer within 50 miles that had one listed.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    sprinkler13sprinkler13 Member Posts: 452
    I must say I'm a bit jealous...while I was able to get every feature I wanted (and even one I didn't), and get it for only a few hundred over invoice (back in Jan too!!)....the one thing I couldn't get was the Blue exterior with the black interior. I had to go with the Platinum Graphite...which is a great color, but I REALLY wanted a blue one. There just weren't any sport models with nav in that color at the time...and I checked the entire state of california. Oh well...anyway...enjoy the new ride...it's a blast!
  • Options
    That looks like a good price and you are right about it being $400 over invoice. Now, you just have to make sure they don't overcharge/doublecharge you on the fees and closing costs.
  • Options
    dasc151dasc151 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for your inputs!

I got this quote from Pleasanton Auto Mall Infiniti (Bay Area). Many other dealerships around me are offering to pricematch and even beat it.
  • Options
    doco77019doco77019 Member Posts: 2
    I'll be buying a G35 Sport pretty soon, but am debating if I should just wait a little longer and buy a '08 model, or instead bet an '07 at a discount in the fall.
    When do the '08 hit the dealers?
    Any rumours re price increases?
    And what kind of price reduction do dealers generally offer for last years model?
  • Options
    asmangasmang Member Posts: 1
    I'm also considering buying w/VPP from Infiniti of Gwinnett. Could you provide me w/more detail on your experience. I'm looking at the '07 G35 Journey.

Thanks!
  • Options
    go4g35go4g35 Member Posts: 4
    People in Calif., and Eastern states seems to get G35 Premium for $500 to $900 above invoice. Whereas, Houston and elsewhere in Texas they are holding up at well over 2500 from invoice.
    Any ideas why this is the case. When mentioned dealers dismiss the claims and say in TX they offer free two-year service and extras....
    Please share your thoughts, especially if you bought for less than $1000 above invoice. What is going on here?
    If you dont get the free 2-year service, is it worth 1000 plus? Is tint included in your pricing? what is tint worth anyway?
    Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    topgun7topgun7 Member Posts: 412
    I think you need to be aware that competition drive the car price. If you only have one or two dealership within 50 miles or so from you house, the price is pretty much guaranteed to suck. I am shopping for a Journey/Nav/Prem/Tech/tire in N. California and I have 8 dealers within 50 miles. I think there is even more dealers in LA area. And that is pretty much the reason why price are lower. May be there is a trip to LA in you future? The 1500-2000 dollars differnce should pay for your airfare + a nice vacation in Disney land
  • Options
    skyykj1skyykj1 Member Posts: 1
    Hello,
    My dealer offered me 32500 for G35 Journey with Premium package, cargo net, and splash guard. Is this a good deal?
    Thanks
  • Options
    knhicksknhicks Member Posts: 4
    You are so right, all of the dealerships here in TX, (I live in Houston)from houston, san antonio, dallas, etc. were not offering anything close to invoice. I was shopping for a 2007 G35 sport with premium package, and drive out was just over 40k at any of the dealerships around here. One salesman told me that they weren't going to go down on the price, when they are flying off the lot at the current price. Needless to say I ended up finding a used 2007 G35 sport with 10K miles for 32K.
  • Options
    go4g35go4g35 Member Posts: 4
    I am looking at buying out of state and pay shipping (about $600).
    Did you buy the used at a dealership? was it a demo vehicle? If I am looking at a demo with 5K miles on it how should I assess the pricing?

Thanks
  • Options
    keifskeifs Member Posts: 6
    Has anyone purchased a G35 in upstate new york recently?
    Looking at G35X Premium, Nav., Wood. How much over invoice should I be shooting for?
  • Options
    alfster3alfster3 Member Posts: 25
    Just took delivery on a G35x w/prem, nav, tech in Albany, NY for $485 over invoice. Did not require much negotiation, and I thought that was a fair price. Edmunds TMV is much higher. Might be able to get it lower for an in stock vehice as the end of the month approaches.
    Got mine at Lia Infiniti (near Albany).
  • Options
    keifskeifs Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for the input. I'm in Syracuse it may be worth the drive. Did they hit you with any additional fee's?
  • Options
    im_blueim_blue Member Posts: 2
    Assuming an 8.75% sales tax in Alameda County, your OTD price should be:
    $32865
    + $45 doc fee (taxable)
    + $2880 sales tax
    + $182 license fee
    + $5 tire fee
    --------------------------
    $35977 total
  • Options
    castelinocastelino Member Posts: 26
    I'm getting a G35 Journey with Prem/Nav/Tech/Wood trim offered to me for $1100 over invoice in TX - I hear TX dealers aren't negotiating so this seems good. Has anyone tried dealers in neighboring states as leverage to get a better price? Just curious.
  • Options
    alfster3alfster3 Member Posts: 25
    They did not add any bogus fees. Other dealers I received quotes from had "dealer" fees and doc fees of $190-$250.

I was charged $45 doc fee, $12.50 tire fee, and sales tax on the acq. fee (I am leasing). Any excess DMV fees will be refunded to me.

They were easy to deal with, and will get the car the way you want. I would, however if I were you, prefer to buy from my local dealer even if it cost a bit more. For me, the ease of being able to just drive 10 minutes, get a loaner, etc. is worth something.

I would encourage you to get quotes from other dealers and present them to your local dealer as a way to negotiate a better deal. It worked for me.

Good luck!
  • Options
    smokey75smokey75 Member Posts: 434
    If you're referring to service loaners.... you can still take your car for service at your local dealer even if you buy somewhere else.
  • Options
    jagguarjagguar Member Posts: 25
    So I told you I would disappear for a week once my new car came in. I picked it up on the 11th and the thing is just beautiful. For anyone in the So Cal area, I highly recommend getting an online quote from Infiniti of Montclair. This was honestly the easiest car purchase I've ever had. I special ordered my 6MT and I told Jodie that I wanted the car untouched. She said it would be a challenge because the car could come in before she sees it and immediately get its inspection and wash/wax. But she did a great job making sure I got it untouched. She called me and told me it had come in and no one laid a hand on it. When I showed up, it still had the plastic on it and everything (I have pictures). And get this, it had 7.7 miles on it (I got a picture of that too). After looking at the other cars that that they had waxed and meeting the 1 guy they have do their hand wash/waxes, I decided to let them do it after all. He did a great job (I still removed the wax and polished it myself immediately anyway). The car was perfect (still is!). They went over everything with me, financing was easy. I asked them not to check my credit even though they always do, and they were able to avoid doing it. They were very flexible, very accommodating, and very friendly. A great no pressure sale. They told me about the suggested warranties, clear bra, and Lo Jack but didn't pressure it at all. A very easy transaction and a great price too. For anyone who doesn't remember, I got a 6MT with prem and nav for $35096, $900 over invoice (it was originally $35098 but registration went up $2 so they just dropped the price $2 for convenience). No hassle, no negotiations necessary. It was the lowest price I found anywhere. I have no complaints.
  • Options
    scottm123scottm123 Member Posts: 1,501
    Congrats on the new ride! :)
  • Options
    bocatripbocatrip Member Posts: 194
    Sedans on 07 G35s can be purchased for under invoice (Dealer Cost) for the educated shopper. There have been dealer incentives that are not volunteered to the public as well. 07 G35 Coupes will be a fantastic value very soon if not already as some dealers are loading up with them due to incentives as well. The G35 sedan has totally cooled off so there should be no issues with purchasing one right. Most of the work can be done on line. Of course you will have more leverage if buying a car in stock, but you can still make deals on ordered cars.
  • Options
    triple_7triple_7 Member Posts: 63
    congrats on your car. Glad they were able to work with you and not touch the car. got mine with 8.1 miles. doesn't matter much now that i got over 800 but it was important to me to get it with the least amount of miles on it.

I have to agree with you in that they were very easy to deal with. they offered to match my finance offer from my credit union but did not pressure when i declined. also offered the standard lojack and extended warr. but again did not pressure.
    this being my first new car purchase, I'm glad they were able to offer such great service. Got mine 3 weeks ago for 750 over invoice prem . nav. tire pack. enjoy the car. and im sure you got a few coats of zaino on it by now. I got three of z2 on mine. although i got to order more z-6, i think i've been using to much of that stuff :blush:
  • Options
    Bocat, I think you need to tell us which dealer is willing to sell G35 below invoice. I just lease a G35 last Sunday in N. California and I sent email out to every dealer within 50 miles. None is close to selling below invoice. I am aware that new car price is regional depending on local supply and demand. But you need to be specific about which dealer did you get one below invoice. If you did not get one below invoice and are just guessing, then may be you should just guess on your own time...
  • Options
    bocatripbocatrip Member Posts: 194
    There are numerous G35 Forums that discuss in detailed specifics, the price paid and where from. Unfortunately, as we all know, it is against forum regulations to use other forum names. Anyone can find these popular forums and do a general search on pricing. There is a wealth of information out there.
  • Options
    Bocat, may be just cut out the information and share with us. There shouldn't be any problem with the fourm rules if there is no link. I take it that you did not get one below invoice yourselves? May be you can shop for one and let us know? heh heh. Sorry. I busted my butt for the last 3 weeks trying to shop for one and thinking that getting 500 above invoice is pretty good. And you just proclaimed that everyone should get one below invoice. And I was asking myself, HOW and WHERE? N. California and S. California are the two best car makret for buyer because of competition and so far I have not read anywhere that anyone get below invoice and I have heck of time getting to 500 above inovice ... Someone can obviously do better than I could. Why not post some names and real life experience instead of a proclaimation. May be the detail info will help everyone who want to shop for a G35 in the future (isn't that the purpose of this forum?). So let's put some real information here and help everyone...
  • Options
    Why not post some names and real life experience instead of a proclamation. May be the detail info will help everyone who want to shop for a G35 in the future (isn't that the purpose of this forum?). So let's put some real information here and help everyone...

AGREED, I also worked hard for my deal and I know it was not the best one out there, but a fair one and more importantly one that i was happy with. But as the summer approaches and the coupe gets ready for release in the fall, great deals are sure to be out there.
    Bocatrip, for the sake of this forum, post some real information if you say there are incentives other than holdbacks that lower the cost that one can use to bring there own price down. of course I've purchased mine already so it wont help me much but Ive been very appreciative of all the help I ve gotten here and would would like to see the site continue to help others like myself that are new to the car market.
  • Options
    rphmanrphman Member Posts: 29
    Jason,

I am in Indiana and was wondering who you spoke with at the columbus dealer??? I am considering buying G35 Sport...

Can you send me an email with some more details...my email address is:
    boughman@sbcglobal.net

thanks
    Wade
  • Options
    I would say that there is probably no way that he got one below invoice...unless there was a trade involved and then really that doesn't count since the trade can drastically affect the cost of the new car. That being said, I'd say that $500 over invoice is really good...and it definitely pays to be in Cali. I spent a good month or two on the phone and email with every dealer in California and even a couple in Nevada ;) unfortunately for me, I was pressing for VPP pricing (about 350 over invoice) back in December which was hard to get considering Nav Sport models were hard to find here. Anyway...congrats on the new ride!
  • Options
    I live in Indiana and I am looking at the infiniti G35 and was wondering if any one out there has bought an infiniti below invoice or how much over invoice????
    What type of deals is everyone seeing and getting?
    Any dealers around my area selling car around invoice??
    Thanks for any info...

Wade
  • Options
    mbrown8mbrown8 Member Posts: 1
    Okay, so I know what I want (G35 coupe 6MT, black w/ wheat leather, aero and premium pkg., w/ side moldings) and I know that KBB's MSRP is $38315 and New Car Blue Book Value is $37740. The only dealership here in Austin is saying they start at $37600. What should I do? I am more than willing to drive somewhere else to buy this car, but I think that I shouldn't pay the MSRP/KBBValue for it. Am I crazy? Advice?? :confuse:
  • Options
    zeongzeong Member Posts: 31
    Did you try Houston or San Antonio? From what I heard, the dealerships in Texas are not willing to offer close to invoice price. I don't see that many G's in Austin.. i don't think demand is that high.

IS250/350 are everywhere.
  • Options
    Car is Lakeshore Slate, wheat interior, wood trim.
    Journey/Premium/Nav/Tech/Splash guards/Tint.

Price: $1100 over invoice (tint was free). Fees were about $250 and Lic was 127.05. Taxes were just over $2k. Total OTD is a hair over $39K for a fully loaded car - pretty nice for TX from what I can tell.

Bought at Austin Infiniti - ask for Howard Shaw and tell him I sent you if you want this deal - process was very simple, he had a high degree of integrity over the 3-4 trips I made to the dealership. I told him it was $1100 over when I walked in the second time and I didn't get any run around. Met the financing guy, service manager - great experience all around.

I get the car in a week or two! Great buying experience.

Happy Shopping!
  • Options
    Go back there and tell them that there is dealer cash on the coupe (at least there was I believe) of $1500 so you shouldn't be paying over invoice for a car that will be outdated in 6 months when the G37 comes out. If your sales guy gives you the run around get online and get price quotes from all the dealers in the Dallas and Houston area and then go back to the Austin guys. BTW - be sure to get some free stuff when your done too - like tint, wheel locks etc.

Happy buying....

Also, I just bought my G at Austin Infiniti today so the deals can be had! Although I didn't buy a coupe so my pricing reference is a little different.
  • Options
    abusymomabusymom Member Posts: 3
    We were thrilled to pick up our new automatic coupe yesterday at Sam Swope in Louisville. Can't say enough about how easy they were to deal with. We made the deal online and by phone and when we picked up the car everything was ready for us. It took under an hour to finish the deal. As we were getting in the car, they had Infiniti champagne classes for us (with non-alcoholic sparkling cider, of course!!!) Then they took our picture with our new car. It was a real "event" and a lot of fun to close the deal. It was the best car buying experience we have ever had.

I will put the $$ specifics at the end of the message and give some advice about getting the best deal. We were willing to drive 4-5 hours to get the best price so we contacted 6-7 dealers in that geographic range by e-mail with our specifics, saying we were ready to buy immediately if they could offer an attractive price.

We had first done our homework, buying the Consumer Reports invoice price report (most helpful in learning the dealer holdback amount.) We also learned of the $1500 marketing rebate for May (disclosed on Edmunds.) So we knew the bottom line cost and could easily see what the dealer profit was with any offers.

Some dealers didn't bother replying--perhaps they didn't want to sell cars that day, or didn't have the color we wanted (we had checked dealer inventories on line first, though, and knew of many that did have the car we wanted.) A few dealers replied offering only MSRP and were not interested in talking about our invoice figures. Guess they didn't want to sell cars that day either.

A couple of dealers did reply, understanding that we knew the costs and were ready to buy. It really helped to know what a few dealers would sell the car we wanted for, and Swope, after a couple of back and forth exchanges, ended up matching a weekend Memorial Day sale price we found in Chicago. Sam Swope really likes to sell cars, I do believe. It probably helped that they had a decent inventory of coupes on the lot.

If you want a deal on a coupe, now is the time to buy, while the 2007's are still left. But be prepared to check around and go to several dealers to let them compete for your business. Also be willing to drive a few hours from home for the best price.

Bottom line: We got an automatic with premium package, painted splash guards, and trunk mat, for $33,400, or $700 below invoice. As we were signing the papers, the business manager commented on our "extraordinary" deal.

When we got home, we parked in our driveway and were the envy of the neighborhood.

We have wanted this car for 3 years and have gotten much good advice on Edmunds. Presenting the particulars of our deal is our "thank you" to all the posters on this site!
  • Options
    Congrats....

Who was your sales person....i have been contacted by Sam Swope..but have not talked numbers yet...

if you could post the name here if it is not against the rules..if not here is my email
    boughman@sbcglobal.net

Thanks and enjoy your ride :)
    Wade
  • Options
    ggmacggmac Member Posts: 2
    I had a similar experience at Sam Swope. I'm in Indiana so I contacted several dealers in the Midwest and they were willing to match (the deal ended up being a little better) an offer I received on a 2007 G35S automatic sedan from a dealer in Chicago. I dealt with the internet sales department and everything went very smoothly. They made an offer, I told them the offer on the table in Chicago (which was considerably less than theirs), and within a half an hour they made their offer. I drove down to Louisville on Friday and we had the deal ironed out in about a half an hour. They were by far the easiest and most pleasant people to work with in my search. The car I'm purchasing will arrive around the 31st and I can't wait to pick it up and drive it home.

Details: 2007 Blue Slate/Stone G35S automatic with premium, splash guards, cargo net MSRP: $36,715 and paid $34,300 and got a free clear bra to boot.

Just wanted to share the experience as this forum has been a great tool for my negotiations. Thanks to all who have posted before me.
  • Options
    smokey75smokey75 Member Posts: 434
    What fees did they charge and what did they charge for documentation, etc? I'm in Louisville and I'm about to contact dealerships. I'm also willing to travel to get the right price but it's good to hear I may not have to.
  • Options
    ggmacggmac Member Posts: 2
    Just over $350 for everything. That may have been an additional negotiating point, but it was still the best deal I found in the area.
  • Options
    who did you deal with?
    what was your out the door price?
    MSRP $36,705
    Invoice $33,649
    Is the $34,300 what your final price was?

$34,300.00
    - $350.00
    =$33,950.00

Invoice $33,649.00
    - $33,950.00
    ======================
    Difference of $301 you paid over invoice...

Can you give us a breakdown...did you have to pay taxes??
    Did you have written offer from the chicago dealer? Or was it your word? What dealer in chicago and what was their offer?

If you don't want to post this on here here is my email:
    boughman@sbcglobal.net

Where do you live in Indiana???

Thanks
    Wade
  • Options
    yogiowneryogiowner Member Posts: 117
    does anyone know what happened to Park Ave Infiniti? it is now Infiniti of Englewood.....

did they lose the franchise? i can't imagine that they would sell or not renew a lease on a profitable dealership...

my buddy bought wheels from there too....this is somewhat concerning. :surprise:
  • Options
    atlantabuyeratlantabuyer Member Posts: 2
    In April I purchased a new G35 from Troncalli (Now Nalley) Infiniti in Decatur Georgia. The salesman had numerious salesman of the month awards in his office. After driving the car and discussing color, options etc I asked if there was room to deal and the salesman said yes. We talked some more and the salesman asked what did I have in mind and I said $1000 over cost. The salesman said he could do that further discussions revealed that the dealer holdback was untouchable and what the salesman was talking about was dealer invoice. The car I wanted was the Journey G35 with the Premium package and the XM radio.
    Well, then we got into that the cars all came with the sport wheels and tires plus $400, and the trunk mat and net $45?, and the stone guards $135, and that there was a $700 distributor charge and a $595 charge for shipping tthe car from the port. And he didn't have a Journey in stock but he had one that was due that day that was perfect except that it didn't have the XM radio in it and I would have to pay $785 for the Xm radio to be dealer installed instead of the $259 dealer cost for XM already installed.
    I know I should have gotten up and left right then but I didn't.
    So, he wrote this up showing a total price without the breakout of each item. And I gave a deposit and left expecting the car to be ready the next day. Well, the next day the car wasn't there he didn't know where the car was but he was checking and will call me when he knew something. Finally two days later he called and said the car had been damaged and that obviously I didn't want that one but I had found one just like it but it had Serius radio instead of XM and the installation of XM on that car would require a seperate antenna instead of the "sharks fin" antenna normally used. I asked if he had any alternatives to that car and he said yes he had a car that had everything I had asked for but it was a different color. The only exception was that this car did not have the sport tire and wheel Package, remember all cars only came with the sport wheels and tires. He agreed to adjust the price to reflect the wheels and tires and I accepted this car.
    So, I this point I believe I am getting a G35 Journey with standard tires and wheels, dealer installed XM radio, stone guards, trunk mat and net, and the Premium package, $700 distributor charge and $595 charge to ship the car from the port. I picked up the car and signed all of the paperwork, note all the paperwork still did not list the options on the car just the VIN number and the total cost plus the taxes.
    You can imagine my surprise when a few days later I look in the glove box and the window sticker says that this car came with the XM already installed This would cost me $259 vrs the $785 I paid.
    When I called up the salesman he says the there was an additional $400 charge to bring the car in from another dealer and he just forgot to mention it and figured that the offset would cancel the difference out. When I said he was still $126 off he said the the quality control preson would call me in a few days and to work it out with her.
    When she called I said I really thought I should get the full $785 for the deception she said she would check into it and get back to me. I have yet to hear from her.
    I have bought a number of premiun and non premium cars. This is not the kind of deception I expected when buying the Infiniti so I was not prepared to deal this way and it caught me completely by suprised.

This is my experience as nearly as I can relate it.
  • Options
    Dont want to kick you when your down but yes Your' first instinct was right-"I know I should have gotten up and left right then but I didn't"
    anyway, sorry to hear about your bad experience. Which is the purpose of these forums, to help educate each other about the deals that are out there and the packages and prices of each. $595 to ship the car from the port sounds like a bs fee. isn't that what the destination fee is for.
    what ive been recommending to friends and people that ask about my car and where i purchased is to get online quotes as well as this site that will give you a break down of prices for each item you want. might not be 100% accurate but give a general idea.
    i hope it all works out, but i doubt that the dealer will want to refund you back some of their profits.
  • Options
    Legally there is probably not much recourse since you signed a blank purchase contract (there is no breakdown with only the serial number) and the due bill. However, you can make a big sting of what the salepersons did (at the very least he will think twice about doing it again) by filing a BBB report, write to the GM. And if there is some kind of radio or TV program for consumer, write to them and see if you can make them interested. But if you step back, they deliver the car at the price that you guys agreed upon. It is the sales tactic that is deceiving but the sales itself seems to be going with what you agreed.
  • Options
    em_geem_ge Member Posts: 15
    I have seen a couple of dealers in chicago-area willing to deal at about 300-500 over invoice.

if you need more info feel free to message me, not sure if we can post dealers info here.