Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    asanvanasanvan Member Posts: 5
    Did you purchase the MDX? what was the final price you got?
    Can you please share the quote if possible?

Thanks!
  • Options
    jerseyshopjerseyshop Member Posts: 17
    Just an FYI that the Costco member auto buying program includes the MDX. Here in central NJ one dealer quoted invoice + 900 for base MDX.

we went with Springfield Acura who quoted us straight invoice for base model MDX [though the real invoice price is ??]
    We got (writing a little hard to read but I am pretty sure this is right) - all these are supposed to be the Costco prices --
    car 37364
    backup sensors 695
    wheel locks 149
    body side moldings 375
    all season mats 129
    cargo tray 129
    cargo cover 183
    door edge guards 159
    anti theft etching 188
    door guard protectors 149
    lost key protection 249
    --taxable total supposed to be 39769, then + nj sales tax 7% + NJ title fee + NJ tire fee + $354 to register + $258 documentation = grand total of 43,331.40 out the door.
    Did we get a good deal? What do others think of Costco program? btw financing was 2.9% for a 3-year term, I think that is Acura's deal thru Mar3 for those who are doing a 3 year term.
  • Options
    gohawks2gohawks2 Member Posts: 4
    That is about on par with what I was able to get from Lynnwood Acura, just north of Seattle. Feel free to e-mail me if you want more details, rglasser AT gmail.com
  • Options
    theroux1theroux1 Member Posts: 13
    I've decided to trade my Land Rover (which has been great - my 3rd one) for a new (Sport & Entertainment) MDX. Dealer has agreed to sell for $500 over invoice plus give me fair market value on my trade.

They are saying invoice is $44,552 but my research says it is $44,305. I'm not planning on pushing the issue for $250 but has anyone received a more aggressive deal overall?

FYI - I'm in the Southern NJ / Bucks County, PA area.

Also, anyone out there trade their Land Rover for an MDX? Any regrets?

Thanks.
  • Options
    gdwmdxgdwmdx Member Posts: 1
    This forum greatly helped my car buying/negotiating experience and I therefore wanted to "pay it forward".

I live in Raleigh, NC and began shopping locally for a 2008 MDX - eventually also contacting all NC & several VA Acura dealers. None could come close to Pohanka Acura in Chantilly, VA where I was able to save over $2K vs. the best Raleigh area pricing. I highly recommend Kathryn Piper - very professional and no surprises after my 4hr drive to pick-up the car - everything as promised.

My advice: start with dealer invoice pricing (which can of course be found on the web), allow for a dealer "destination charge" and then call Kathryn.

http://www.pohankaacura.com/
  • Options
    wadhwaniwadhwani Member Posts: 2
    Guys,

Brought a New 2008 Acura MDX Base Model for 36300 (Including Feight) + 399 Doc Fee +TTL. :)

Got 4.9 Financing as well

Pohanka Acura, in Chantilly, VA .. Ask for OMAR or JON

Have Fun,

Girish.

2008 Acura MDX, Pearl White.
  • Options
    bugatibugati Member Posts: 14
    Yes.. it is about invoice price of MDX base ( http://www.kbb.com/kbb/NewCars/PricingReport.aspx?VehicleClass=NewCar&VehicleId=- - - - - 223982&ManufacturerId=2&ModelId=3&Path=Research&YearId=2008 ).. but... they get (at least) 1K from the accessories...

Accessories:
    - "wheel locks for 149"... is way too much..
    - "anti theft etching 188" ... ( 5_auto_scams_you_absolutely_must_avoid ) ... If you really want to have it .. it is $20 @ http://www.vinshield.com/
    - What is the "lost key protection" ?

Installation:
    - Backup sensors: is the most difficult to install... you have to take the whole rear out.. (695 - 440 =)... $255 for installation is OK
    - Other accessories... are very easy to install by yourself...

MDX accessories:
    http://www.handa-accessories.com/mdx07.html
    http://www.curryacuraparts.com/mdx07.html
    http://www.hondacuraworld.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=A- - - - - - MDX
  • Options
    ironpanthrironpanthr Member Posts: 1
    Folks,

Just put a $1,000 refundable deposit down to secure a 2008 MDX Sport Package for $42,399 including freight, excluding TTL. Dealer was very friendly. Rosenthal Acura in Gaithersburg, MD.

How'd I do?

Happy hunting,
    Kam
  • Options
    mdxtimesthreemdxtimesthree Member Posts: 13
    I just wanted to share a few thoughts on the 08 sport/ent i picked up a few days ago ....i've been driving an 04 mdx for the last 4 years and i can honestly say what a huge difference in automobiles....i couldnt grasp the difference in 3 test drives that i can while driving the car everyday now,its really a great ride with enough technology to satisfy any techno geek.....the price was right on also about 9% off sticker....i tried 3 of the comparable competitors and all were fine but acura has really put together the best overall vehicle when you factor in cost...
  • Options
    yoda425yoda425 Member Posts: 3
    I have a quote for a 2008 MDX TECH from Nalley Acura in Marietta for $41,295 plus TTL. Do you guys think this is a fair price? Anyone bought from Nalley recently? This is through their internet department. Also offering body side mouldings and wheel locks for $495.
  • Options
    that is over $1000 below invoice right....you must mean $37300 is what you brought it for.
  • Options
    I agree , pricing in Atlanta seems much more agressive. I am communcations right now with a dealership in Marietta. so far so good.
  • Options
    ballaballa Member Posts: 5
    Yoda- Nalley Acura was the only dealership that was straightforward with me from the beginning when I bought my 2008 Sport/ENT last month. The price they quoted me was a little higher than a couple of dealer quotes that I recieved, but when I went into one of those dealerships, they started hitting me with destination, pro pack, etc... It really pissed me off that they would quote one thing and then change it when I got there. When I went to Nalley to see if they would do the same, it was like night and day. Everything that we talked about prior to me going into the dealership was right on. NO GAMES!!! I have bought over 50 cars in my life, and this was the easiest and most enjoyable car buying process I have ever been through. Make sure you talk to Karl :shades: in the internet department, he was my salesperson, he took great care of me. I will definitely be buying from Karl and Nalley again and again. They have earned a customer for life!!! I hope this helps, good luck! ;)
  • Options
    fresh2fresh2 Member Posts: 1
    I just leased an 08 mdx tech last week from Jackson Acura in Roswell. Cap cost on the lease was 39,995, 36 mo/12k lease for $999 up front and $585/mo plus tax. This price included the side molding and wheel locks, which were already installed on all their mdxs on the lot. Deal was done through the internet dept. good luck
  • Options
    smoss1smoss1 Member Posts: 8
    I paid 40,379
  • Options
    bimmerguy288bimmerguy288 Member Posts: 21
    I just purchased a new 2008 MDX with technology and entertainment package from Tischer Acura in Laurel, Maryland. Here is the price:

$42,397 (INCLUDING destination charge AND a set of matching all season floor mats)
    $300 for body side moldings (installed)
    $99 doc. fee
    plus tax and title

P.S. the dealership couldn't get me the MDX of the color/option combo we wanted before the sales tax started to hike in Maryland by the end of last year and they agreed to pay the increase in sale tax due to the delay, which was about $425. I am a happy camper.
  • Options
    hey there, see my message re the Costco deal I got. That was for a base model but I cannot believe yours is $7K more. The dealer I cite is in Central NJ and would be around 1.5-2 hours from you, might be worth your while to call.
  • Options
    I'm innocent, it was my spouse!

"etching" is supposedly the etching plus some insurance garbage re if it is stolen and not recovered blah blah blah.

Lost key protection is supposedly if you lose a key or it breaks, you get free replacement keys.

I don't even want wheel locks. I figure guaranteed I'll lose the key when I need to change a tire.
  • Options
    homeagain3homeagain3 Member Posts: 10
    I am still driving my 01 MDX with 122,000 miles. Hey, it's paid for! We hope to purchase the 08 with tech/ent next month. I wish they made the steel blue with parchment interior, but it looks like I will have to decide on one or the other, since I can't have both. We are looking to add, roof racks, crossbar, all weather mats, front tint, wheel locks, chrome side steps, side body molding and front/rear garnish. We are in Central VA and will most likely try to purchase in No VA. Any suggestions on which dealer would most likely give us the best deal? Would love to be able to get all that (before TTL) for less than $45,000. Does that sound possible? Based on many of the recent postings I have read, the tech/ent is going for just below invoice. I was hoping that by purchasing at the end of March I could take advantage of end of the month/quarter sales goals.
    Thanks for any input!
  • Options
    asanvanasanvan Member Posts: 5
    Could you please share your email address?
    or is it possible to share the quote details and mail to santoshv at live dot com.
  • Options
    yarikyarik Member Posts: 9
    Hi, I am looking for MDX with Tech in Maryland. How did you negotiate? In person, e-mail? Thanks for your help.
  • Options
    harmstrongharmstrong Member Posts: 13
    We have been looking for about a month now for this vehicle and from reading some of the posts I wanted to ask what is a good deal and how does it get achieved?
    This is our first time buying a new vehicle and are green in respect to dealing with greasy dealer tactics.
    I have gone to Consumer reports and have purchased the price guide which posts this invoice for $41,376 and I have been receiving offers at 42,900 and lately 42,600.
    These prices are before any tax or title so on.
    We live in MA and there aren't many willing to deep discount or even deal for that matter.
    Since we will be financing through Acura to get 4.9% it seems they should be a bit more willing to get our business.
    What is the fair price to pay without getting gypped later on?
    Thanks
  • Options
    Is it better to wait until say May or June or is it wise to buy the car now?
    With the economy tanking I don't know if the sales figures are up or down since all of the sales managers are calling me promising to do better...
  • Options
    lordnkvlordnkv Member Posts: 2
    I got mine with the 19" chrome wheels, running boards, wheel well trim, roof rails and crossbars for $42,500.
  • Options
    wcd1wcd1 Member Posts: 15
    I'm also in MA and am receiving the same quotes as you from Framingham. I'm quite frankly shocked by some of these dealers i.e. Boston and Pime Acura. Apparently they think we are idiots and do not know we are in a recession. I'm leaning towards waiting a bit as I think prices will come down and incentives will be better. IMO the sales figures cannot be good.
  • Options
    mtairyordgemtairyordge Member Posts: 144
    I am in MD and in the market for a Tech/Ent also. Who did you deal with? What accessories did you get and did they deal on those. I have found accessories for about 19 to 25% cheaper before installed.
  • Options
    wadhwaniwadhwani Member Posts: 2
    No. I paid 36,300 ;) including (715 Feight) +TTL

Thanks
  • Options
    lordnkv:
    42.5K included destination charge?

That is a great deal... where (dealer name) did you get it ?
    What kind of tire did they give you with the 19"?.. and how is the ride?
  • Options
    maries15maries15 Member Posts: 3
    Just signed a lease deal for an '08 MDX no tech 36mo/12k.

MSRP = $40910
    Cap Cost = $36785

$360.00 out of pocket at signing

$551/mo

I am in NJ.

Car_Man.... did I get a good deal?
  • Options
    Yes :
    I didn't want to mention names but you are right about Framingham.I have found them to be arrogant and pushy and for the amount of money we are to throw down I felt like we were totally disrespected.
    I have found the sales person at Prime to at least follow up and give a quote.

Boston forget as it was like "well we can take a couple thousand off but how's today sound?"
    Now I have found the sales managers are calling me back by tempting me with $200 dollars less as I have since told them Consumer's Report of 41376 cost and the reply is the best we can do is $42600.Today the Sales manager called me and said we'll beat that deal by a few dollars...
    I know now they are pressed to sell as before when I visited their lot they would give me bottom for my trade and now it is ,Ya ok we can give you what you want.

First Acura gave a price as well for 42,900 and the Ron Bouchards in Auburn was like well if you know the prices we can match them. I asked him for a price that was the answer.

There shouldn't be this much frustration in buying such a high priced car.
    Especially now.
  • Options
    tamparobtamparob Member Posts: 4
    I just bought a 08 Tech/Ent today from Regal in Lakeland, Fl.. Paid $500 over invoice (42898 w/ dest. charges), with free mudflaps, Acura floor mats, wheel locks, cargo liner and full tank of gas.... I had emailed Regal last night, and was on my way to another dealer that had quoted me $200 more, when Rita called me on my cell, and told me that I could have the exact color/etc. that I was looking for at $500 over invoice, Made a U turn... and had NO hassle or problems period once i got there! Nice dealer to deal with, none of the usual BS..:shades:
  • Options
    Sounds like we are having the exact same experience. I'm disenchanted at this point. The kicker is that all of the dealers have a ton of stock. I'm going to wait at least a month and see if Acura offers up some new incentives or if the dealers feel the quarter end crunch and start playing ball.
  • Options
    bimmerguy288bimmerguy288 Member Posts: 21
    I bought mine from Tischer Acura in Laurel. The sale guy I dealt with was Robert Luu. He was assigned to me by the internet manager when I first contacted them via e-mail.

The bottomline is I paid invoice price for tech/ent, plus "free" all season mats. But I paid full price ($300) for the bodyside molding (installed). I didn't try hard to negotiate at all. I told them I knew what deals other people were getting from their competitors and I didn't need to have the best deal but I wanted a decent deal. They knew I was well informed and I knew exactly what I wanted. We agreed on the price through just two e-mails.

I told them I would only buy one before the the sales tax hike took effect on Jan 1. They said no problem. But it took them longer than they thought to find the exact one with the color (silver/taupe)/option combo so they had to swallow the $430 increase in tax. They dealt with the situation gracefully. I bought an MDX from them in 2002 at MSRP. How time has changed, it's only the beginning of 2008 and they are willing to sell the 2008 model at invoice price.
  • Options
    frank08frank08 Member Posts: 5
    Hi Wcd1 and Harmstrong,

I am in Boston area and looking for Acura08 Tech/Enter too. Followed all post for several weeks. Seems price is getting down in some states. I am going to wait for lower and fare offers in several month. It is worth to wait due to this chilly econormic situation forseeing. Is it worth to get a descent offer from the dealers outside MA? Like Maryland can offer an invoice as just posted.Please keep me posted if you guys get any offer around. I am looking for something close to invoice.
  • Options
    cheerioboy26cheerioboy26 Member Posts: 412
    Thanks to this board, and Jim specifically, I closed a deal for this same configuration and price ($42,485) for my new Tech/Ent. That was it - no other fees. I got a Nimbus Grey/Taupe MDX, that my dealer acquired via a trade. I bought from Jones Acura in Lancaster, PA, however they immediately matched the price that I was also offered from Jim's dealer (Pohanka Acura in Chantilly, VA). Jones knew I was working on another deal and agreed to the price in about 30 seconds. No negotiations needed.

Made the deal last Saturday and picked it up yesterday.
  • Options
    frank08:

I'm actually debating going out of state myself. I will definitely keep you posted on the offers that I receive.
  • Options
    Hello
    I also have tried going out of state for the tech and entertainment pkge.
    I tried Milford CT acura and the price was the same as I could get from Herb Connolly too expensive 43900 so why bother? Inskip in Rhode Island was the same thing same price..
    I have been telling these dealers that we need to be as close to invoice with our trade to make the payments work and Acura Boston like I mentioned dropped his price 3 dollars.. makes me want to run and buy right?It shows they have 80 MDX's in stock.Telling me free inspection stickers for life and service and so on big deal I am paying for all of that in the inflated price.
    I believe if the price comes down I will deal with Prime even though Herb Connolly is right up the road. As the woman that I have been dealing with doesn't seem slimy as the rest.I haven't visited the dealership yet so that may change when we do.
    I'll be posting more on this as I'm sure I'll get bombarded with calls this week saying we can do better and so forth.
    I'll let you know Frank08 thanks
  • Options
    mtairyordgemtairyordge Member Posts: 144
    Thanks,
    I appreciate the information. I am getting ready to start some serious negotiations with 6 weeks. Gonna wait till after my vacation in March. Looks like I can squeeze something real close to 41k foir a tech/ent. I want the ebony interior.
    Hey let me know if you experience any isues with the car.Contact me at mtairyordge at yahoo dot com
  • Options
    flemo123flemo123 Member Posts: 20
    I don't think the imminent recession has really sunk in to the dealers heads quite yet. I have just started shopping in the Boston area. At this point I'm not going to even talk deals until after Presidents day. Normally a big sales weekend for car dealers, I hope if their numbers are not meeting forecasts they will get scared into some better deals. I do note that NO Acura dealers even bother advertising in the Boston Globe. Not a good sign for potential buyers, and judging by the number of MDX's on the road around here they may be doing just fine.
  • Options
    lordnkvlordnkv Member Posts: 2
    Bugati

I bought from Ed Martin in Indianapolis. They actually had this car with the said accessories already on it because they took it to the local auto show. Because the accessories were already installed they could cut a whole lot more off the cost of the add-ons.

The 19" chrome wheels are wrapped in the Michelin Latitudes. Slightly harder of a ride than the stock wheels, but not much.

And the $42.5 included destination.
  • Options
    lornkv: Thanks for the info...

You got a very good deal....

I think... 19" upgrade alone probably will cost at least 2K

$1.8K for the wheels
    $1.2K for 4 tires Michelin Latitudes 275/45ZR19 (=~ $270 x 4 + labor)
    - $1K credit for stock 18"
    =~ 2K
  • Options
    hkthkthkthkt Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

I have been looking through the posts but haven't been able to find a solid answer. Would appreciate input re: what is the real dealer cost meaning invoice minus any holdbacks for the 2008 Acura MDX with Tech/Ent only. No added accessories. Prior to Destination and TTL. I have seen 42,395 as a listed invoice.

I have a quote for 41,682 (Not including dest, TTL). Can I do better? This is in central NJ.

Thanks
  • Options
    The real invoice cost for the dealer is $41376 according to Consumers report.
    I had to pay to get the information but i got more information off of this site so far for free.
    good luck.
  • Options
    kurtkbeekurtkbee Member Posts: 22
    hey hkthkt , can you tell me the name of the dealer you are using ?
    Thanks,

-Kurt
  • Options
    $41,682: is invoice w/o destination charge
    + $715: Destination Charge
    = $42397: is invoice price

Dealer holdback... is between dealers and manufacture.... (for acura it is 3% of MSRP)
    Most of the time... dealers don't want to discuss with you about that...(they have to pay rent, electric, loan interest, etc… ) unless they are so desperate to move the car out of their lots...

* They can sell you at (or below) invoice and make money on higher doc fee, extended warranty, finance, accessories…

FYI:
    Holdback: http://www.edmunds.com/advice/incentives/holdback/index.html
    Acura Jan sale: http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2008/02/01/076471.html
  • Options
    mylegsmylegs Member Posts: 4
    Getting quotes from area dealers. Best so far is $40,799. Possible accessories include sport running boards ($618 installed) and body moldings ($249 installed). Also trying to get Bernardi pricing on AcuraCare 6/100/no deductible $1055. Anyone in central Texas know of or have gotten better deals?
  • Options
    Hi harmstrong-

Thank you so much for the info. That will be a big help! I appreciate your sharing.
  • Options
    Hi Kurt,

The quote I got was from Open Road Acura of East Brunswick. It was an email quote, so but I can't guarantee that they will honor it when it I actually get there, but I'll let you know.
  • Options
    Hey Bugati,

Thanks for your input. I guess they are quoting me an invoice price basically. Should I be satisfied with that or do you think there is room to negotiate? I know they can always try to manipulate document fees, etc., so I figure it's best to get the lowest sale price first?

Thanks
  • Options
    kdfdawgkdfdawg Member Posts: 2
    hello boys and girls --

been quoted a price of 46,055 (including destination) for sport/ent with the following accessories installed: body side moldings, roof rails and sport running boards. dealers are telling me that the color combo that i want - aspen white/parchment is a hard find. the price quoted was for a formal black/ebony. how's this deal look to you guys?

thanks all for your input