Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    ddv1ddv1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Jim417, Could you send me the dealer's location?

Thanks,
  • Options
    backintxbackintx Member Posts: 11
    Hi -

That sounds like a good price. I am in texas, but would love to get the details of your dealer. Did you get the special financing with that?

Regards,

Sri
  • Options
    jfillarejfillare Member Posts: 7
    I am debating the purchase of a used 2010 or a new 2011 MDX. The used purchase is from a friend of a friend so I trust them and know the vehicle history, price paid, etc... It is a 2010 Tech (with a Rosen dual headrest DVD, roof rails and running boards - estimated to be $3K worth of options) that is 8 months old with 10K miles. The price we are settling on is $38.5K - he paid $49K out the door. I shopped new MDX's and was quoted $42.6K for Tech and $44.6K for Tech/Ent - including dest, but not TTL.

We do have 3 kids under 6yo (1 boy, 2 girls) so the Ent may be nice, especially the dual screen. Anyone have experience with either of these? Pro's/Con's? Can you see the headrest from the 3rd row?

Anyway, the price dif is about $4K for the Tech and $6K for the Tech/Ent, not including the options included on the used one. Any thoughts on which "deal" is better, advantageous, etc...? Financing would be 1.9% for new vs 2.9% for used.

Appreciate any feedback!
  • Options
    nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,437
    From $38.5 to $42.6 isn't such a big difference that would make me buy used. Especially with the 1.9% financing.

Why is the guy getting rid of his MDX so soon?

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options
    I agree! His spouse never liked the car/won't drive it/finally complained enough for him to dump it as they do need a "family" car for their kids.

For what we would finance, new @ 1.9% would save us $800 over the 5yr loan vs 2.9% so it makes it more even.

Of course, my spouse is leaning towards the Ent package so we're looking at the $38.5 to $44.6 difference - and the dual headrest vs single overhead difference. Ugh!

And I thought we were so close once we finally decided on the MDX!
  • Options
    yogi18yogi18 Member Posts: 1
    would you mind sharing which dealer you worked with?
  • Options
    tomamutomamu Member Posts: 13
    Does anyone know where mdxwanter got his 2011 MDX Tech/Ent ?
  • Options
    Hi yogi18
    Did mdxwanter reply to you regarding 2011 MDX Tech/Ent ?
  • Options
    sav3greensav3green Member Posts: 3
    My brain is mush from reading, watching and comparing prices on the Acura MDX. I know it's a great SUV. I am looking for the best price (who isn't...)

A 2011 MDX Tech/Ent package nothing extra quoted at $46,996. Is that decent considering that does not include taxes, or any extras?

I'm wondering if any dealers have a 2010 in their lot with the same options...

Thanks!
  • Options
    An Acura dealer in Nj is offering 44500 + tax for 2011 MDX Tech/Ent package. R u shopping for MDX in this area?
  • Options
    achadha1achadha1 Member Posts: 65
    i got my 2011 for 44200 includes destination... that is 800 under invoice..
  • Options
    Do u live in the NJ area ? Can u pls share ur dealer information please.
    Thanks
  • Options
    The DC area is offering 800 below invoice including destination but plus TTL. Not a lot of 2010's left, can check dealers inventory on their website.
  • Options
    Hey All. Thanks for your replies. I live in the NW. Anyone from the NW here?
  • Options
    wantanmdx1wantanmdx1 Member Posts: 3
    A common theme here is that everyone needs to page through all the posts just to figure out what is a decent price, a steal, or what would be considered too much.

Can anyone post what good prices would be for each trim? I am personally looking for and MDX Tech in NY metro area.
  • Options
    jatt2011jatt2011 Member Posts: 1
    I'm also looking to buy 2011 Tech with chrome running boards...
    Unfortunately, none of the Seattle/Portland dealers are willing go below 46K!

I am open for traveling to the neighboring states if that gets me a good deal.
    Any leads (e.g., dealers in California...)
  • Options
    While I'm not currently in the market for an MDX (I will be in 2 years when my wife's 2010 TSX tech is paid off), I would think invoice is what the MDXs are going for now. Where in the NY area are you? LI, NJ, CT, the City, Westchester?

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options
    smartwatersmartwater Member Posts: 3
    I am from the NW. Seattle to be exact. Looking for an MDX Tech Ent and not having luck wither getting one less then 46K.
  • Options
    Smartwater
    I got an offer from Acura of fife for 46 via email from David. 46 included the tech/ent package plus accessories: side steps, side moldings, NW protection package, moonroof/hood deflectors. When I got down there, I saw a practically new certified 2009 tech/ent with the above accessories minus the deflectors for 40,5.
    The MDX only had one owner with 11,000 miles on it. I felt pretty good considering their sticker price was almost 45.

Good Luck on finding one. Oh, I think Acura of lynnwood has a 2010 w Advance package; it's one of their last ones so you might b able to negotiate a good deal.
  • Options
    jensadjensad Member Posts: 388
    I hardly ever post here but maybe this will benefit someone.

I live in Nor. Cal. Here in the bay area there are about 10 -15 acura dlrs. When I purchased my 08 rl I sent emails to all of the dlrs after I had looked at CR and read about the rl b and I had checked the sticker price on the rl I wanted to buy.

I purchased my 08 rl from my local dealer at a sticker price of 52000 for 43500 out the door. (about 18 % off sticker price) I.e.tax and license was not included in the price. They seemed not to be interested to discount, and I told them on the phine that I won't buy from them.

Suddenly they called again and tried to tap dance me into paying their price. I said no . I told them about the other dealers and mentioned some of the offers . After 15 minutes they called back and said I had a sale at my price - $42500. I told them I was willing to come down with a check for the car NOW.

We went to the dealer and they again tried to get a higher price. My wife caught it and I had my calculator with me. We got up and started to walk out and they assented at our price, not theirs.

We won, they made a small profit and we left in our RL with all of the bells and whistles at our price not their price.

Here on this web site I have seen others paying less sticker and close to 18-20 % discounted. I wish all well, we love our rl.

My wife has an 06 Pilot with few mechanical issues and still on the road. The mdx is the acura equivalent and I think when my wife retires, our :) next car I look at in about 3-5 more years will be an mdx.

Good luck to all to an excellent group of posters and stay safe.

jensad
  • Options
    smartwatersmartwater Member Posts: 3
    Did you end up leasing or purchasing that one?
  • Options
    xcellentdriverxcellentdriver Member Posts: 5
    Just got a quote which I thought I'd share. Let me know if you feel that it is a good or a bad deal.

$43,650 for a 2011 MDX with technology and entertainment packages, excluding documentation fee, destination fee, tax, and title/license/plate/registration fees. Once everything is factored in the total is around 49.2K. This is with non-Acura financing. What do you think? Thanks for any advice. Good luck to everyone.
  • Options
    Acura has the 1.9% APR for up to 60 months (and 0.9% if you can pay off in 36 months). You should consider this. Did the dealer forget to mention this?

Regards,

Sri
  • Options
    Sri, thanks for your message. I am aware of Acura financing, and I most likely will ultimately go for it, as I'm confident that I would qualify for the 1.9%. However, I'm holding back the financing at the moment as a hedge if further negotiating can be done. I've heard that dealerships and dealers sometimes go a little lower if you're willing to get the loan from them. Any comments as to the truth of this?
  • Options
    Yup! - I think there is some truth to this. However, I don't know that they stand to make anything on loans that low (and those provided by Honda/Acura financial). I know that in the past they stood to gain when "external" (bank financing) was used.

Of course, no harm in trying. What I don't understand is your purchase price is $43,650, but you say the total was $49.2K. What kind of Sales taxes etc are you paying? (Or did you add some accessories etc?)
  • Options
    Hi -

Can you share the name and location of your dealer? (Especially if around the Texas area)

Sri
  • Options
    Sri,

I'd be happy to comment on the dealer's location, but if you don't mind, I'm going to wait until the deal is completed. That way I can be sure the final price I post is the correct one from the correct dealer.

It's interesting that dealer's used to benefit from external financing--it seems counterintuitive. I certainly agree that their profit margin is markedly reduced these days with these new low APRs.

Anyway, thanks for your comments and I'll have that update for you within the week with luck!
  • Options
    earlthepealrearlthepealr Member Posts: 1
    Xcell,

I'm looking to purchase the same vehicle. Based on what others are paying $43,650 for 2011 Tech/Ent sounds good. Reading the forum you will see that others have done slightly better, but overall that's a good price.

I would question the total of $49.2K. Destination fees are $860 and taxes will vary by state, but I don't see how that comes to $49,200 unless that includes a bunch of accessories. If not, have them breakdown the entire price and make sure there aren't some hidden dealer fees.
  • Options
    Earl,

Thanks for your input. Two hours, one migraine, and some serious eyestrain later, it seems that the lowest prices on this board since October (excluding tax/title/license/dest/doc/registration) are ranging between $43,100-43,500 or so, or around $1,800-2,300 below invoice. This is according to truecars reports on 2011 MDX with tech + ent.

Still waiting on a few dealers, but it seems like I will pay between $150-550 more than a few here, which isn't so bad. Unless I'm calculating the taxes incorrectly, $49,200 is the right final price OTD so far. The taxes in my area are VERY high. I'll spill the beans on location, dealer, etc., once I've decided on price and dealer.
  • Options
    Anyone in the Houston/Dallas area get a good deal on a 2011 MDX Tech? I'm still checking dealers but as of now the best quote I have is $43,998 (including destination) without TTL. It just feels like I could do better...
  • Options
    apauloseapaulose Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2010
    The lowest quote I got so far for a 2011 MDX Tech is $43362 + tax and tags from Delaware. I live just West of Philadelphia so I am willing to look in the South Jersey/Philly/Delaware area.

Does anyone know, if I can get a better price in this area?

Thanks
  • Options
    apauloseapaulose Member Posts: 2
    Which dealer would that be. I live in the Philly area but would be willing to look in NJ and DE for a good deal.
  • Options
    enfgyojenfgyoj Member Posts: 9
    Hi -

I also live in Dallas and looking for a 2011 MDX Tech/Ent Package. Could you let me know the dealer name you are working with?

Thanks
  • Options
    cha2cha2 Member Posts: 13
    I have a 2008 Tec/Enter which has the adjust susp (ie sport/comfort).
    Looking at a 2010 or 2011 MDX: either Advanced or Tec.
    Need to know the following:
    Suspension; Is the 2010 Tec susp THE SAME as the Adv Sport-not comfort & is the steering the same in both vehicles?
    I never use the comfort setting & would not be happy with a 2010/2011 MDX Tec if the suspension defaulted to anything other than the sport mode. Don't believe the Adv is worth the ext $ if the standard susp is the "sport"
    Is there any difference in the 2011 MDX as comp to the 2010?
    All thoughts are greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    Springfield Acura NJ is giving us 47900 for a 2011 Tech/Ent package on road price includes everything.
  • Options
    Okay, I have a quote of $43,300 from an Acura dealership here in Houston for a 2011 with Tech. That comes to about $46.500 or so wiith TTL.

From Springfield Acura - Any accessories etc. included?
  • Options
    I think u r talking about Acura mdx tech package. The price I got is for tech and entertainment package. If anyone got a better deal than 47900 on road this( price includes everything taxes, DMV, etc) in the Nj area pls post it here. Couple of dealerships in our area are offering the same price. I have a trade in so I will go with whoever gives me the best trade in value for my minivan.
  • Options
    thatmanthatman Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2010
    I just got a beautiful MDX from MD area. I received 2 quotes :

41K for Base model AND 45K for Tech.pkg. OTD.

Base model was more than enough for me.
    All the transactions were smooth and flawless.
    Hope this gives you an idea of your future shopping.
  • Options
    Today I got a out of the door price of 47600 from a dealer in morris county nj for a 2011 Acura MDX tech and entertainment package. If anyone got a better deal than 47600 on road ( price includes everything taxes, DMV, etc) in the Nj area pls post it here. Pls mention the dealer also. Thanks
  • Options
    schmed75schmed75 Member Posts: 3
    Best offer so far on an MDX with the Advanced and Entertainment PKG is $49044 with an OTD price of $53292 ($3k taxes, $860 freight, $388 tags and other fees).

Any thoughts on how good this offer is?
  • Options
    coolshyguycoolshyguy Member Posts: 6
    What was the average price paid on 2010 MDX with tech package. ?

I have a deal who is looking to sell me a demo model with 6000 miles on it for 45000, (based out of Portland).

Does anyone know any good dealers in the West who are selling at a good discount price. ?

Thanks,
    Sach.
  • Options
    limartinlimartin Member Posts: 2
    Sach:

We just got a great deal from Acura of Lynnwood (WA), much better than any of the other local dealers, all communication via e-mail, pretty much arranged everything via e-mail and get there to pick up the car.

pm if you need the contact :)
  • Options
    Is 47600 OTD good price for a 2011 Acura MDX Tech and Entertainment package.
    We live in NJ area. Did anyone get discount on accessories at the time of purchase, if so how much ? we are looking to install side steps, roof racks, cross bars, mats and wheellocks. Can all these be purchased at Pep boys,auto parts shop and online and installed locally. what would u guys suggest?
  • Options
    svofan2svofan2 Member Posts: 442
    Congratulations!!!! ...I am also in NJ and I will recommend that you do your purchases at Curry Acura in NY...their prices are including shipping via FedEX and I got my Advance side steps for $465 delivered (no tax no shipping) and I got ithem in 2 days...they are the cheapest because their prices include shipping...
  • Options
    rtxcrtxc Member Posts: 1
    Picked up a base MDX last week in Houston for 39,600 (including destination) but excluding TTL + dealer doc fees. Sharing my pricing experience for the benefit of the group....
  • Options
    frincyfrincy Member Posts: 1
    limartin,
    We just PMed you about your experience from Acura of Lynnwood(WA). It seems there aren't many posts about deals in WA area, so very much want to know your sweet deal.
    We are currently looking for the base model. The invoice price we are told now from another dealer is just the same as the one on Edmund site.

Thanks!
  • Options
    I would AVOID Curry Acura in Scarsdale like the PLAGUE. I had a terrible (non) buying experience there. I wanted to make things easy for me and buy the car literally 4 miles down the road from where I lived.

I service my wife's TSX at Acura of Westchester. I find them to be very competitively priced. If you want genuine Acura accessories, check out handaaccessories.com. They have amazing prices.

• Options
    Hey buddy...

I tried PM you but it didn't seem to work. I'm fairly new to this website.. Can you please share some info with me on coolshyguy @ carspace dot com

I really appreciate your help on this.

Sach
  • Options
    taylor614taylor614 Member Posts: 9
    Hi Sach -

We bought a 2010 MDX Tech loaner car that had 5200 miles on it about 4 weeks ago from a dealership in Chicago. Price for the vehicle before tax, title, etc was $39,750. Hope this helps!
  • Options
    Hey Talyor,

You got an awesome deal. What dearlership did you work with ? Can you send me the contact details of the dealer & contact person.

I'll find out if they have any more 2010 models available.

Thanks,
    Sach