Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• acurabmwacurabmw Member Posts: 11
    Acura 101 West in Calabasas, CA. Salesperson was Josh. If you can't get a hold of him, talk to Freddy, he is the GM and the person who matched Center Acura's $1,200 over invoice quote. Salesperson at Center is Daniel.
  • mlevinemlevine Member Posts: 581
    For a lease I would try not to fix things as you are giving it back. Some companies allow a certain amount of scratches. If you are staying with the same manufacturer, they wave certain damage. I would only fix scratches and even detail the vehicle if you owned it, as you could get more significant tarde-in value.
  • tiffany18tiffany18 Member Posts: 3
    Hello Everyone, Tiffany Here.
    I purchased a new 2014 MDX two weeks ago. There is a noticeable defect with the rubber weather strip around the windows of the rear passenger doors. There is a point at the 3 o'clock position of the window seal that bends roughly 30 degrees. At that point, the seal is popping out. Looks ugly and water can get inside.

I examined all five 2014 MDX on the dealership lot, they all had this same issue. Dealership doesn't know how to fix it, and Honda Canada is asking the design engineer in U.S.

THe 2013 & 2012 MDX have the same 30 degree angle, but no such problem.

I'm asking all affected owners to ask HONDA to fix this.
  • iamgortiamgort Member Posts: 82
    My older brother is in the market for a new SUV to lease. I was looking at numbers and the mDX seems to have great residual and money factors. Any advice on best places to go in the washington dc area and likelihood of getting near invoice pricing?
  • irishys17irishys17 Member Posts: 30
    Well, last Friday I went for my test drive of the 2014 MDX. We are looking to (eventually) replace a 2012 Honda Pilot. The difference between these 2 vehicles are night and day. The Pilot - while $10,000 or so cheaper - drives like a truck, while the MDX is a much more luxurious ride. Of course, I loved the car and 6 hours later, I drove home in it.

As previously posted, I was driving a 2011 Acura TL w/Tech package and had 5 more lease payments before the lease ended. My intention was to trade up to the MDX with as little financial repercussions as possible. This was my 5th time buying/leasing a car at this dealership.

As expected...initially there was very little negotiation on price. I was told that these are selling in my area (NJ) at or above MSRP. The dealership had about 6 of the MDX/AWD/Tech in stock and 1 in the color I wanted. Initial offer from dealer was $500 off the MSRP + $2200 or so in fees and no money down. This put my payment at $654 (or so) for a 36 month lease.

Something I thought to do - after reading so much about negotiating - was to turn the "4-square" approach around on the dealership. I made my own 4 square with the invoice price in one square, lease equity/dealer cash in the next, a list of all up front fees in the third and all the reasons why they should give me the deal I want in the 4th. (LOL) My salesman knows me and even though he was shaking his head at this and telling me there was no way anyone was going to sell me this car at "invoice"...I told him I wanted it as close to invoice as possible and to show it to the sales manager. Next thing I know, the sales manager was out shaking my hand and laughing at how "no one has ever done this before". Anyway, it got him out of his "tower" so I could talk to him directly and plead my case. I did not mention what I wanted my monthly payment to be or how much I was willing to put down.

End of deal...I got a 66% residual value...a .0001500 money factor (Acura super preferred credit tier). I promised them I would not say exactly how much they took off the car, but I will say we met approximately in the middle of Invoice and MSRP. I did put $3000 down and got a monthly payment of $480/month for 36 months. This is a 10,000 miles/year lease but I had 15,000 miles left on my old lease that is being "rolled over" into this lease (Acura customer loyalty program) giving me 45,000 miles on this lease. Even though I did have some equity in my lease from 2011, it went to cover the remaining 5 lease payments on my TL...so that was a wash.

Also, I did not need to fix the scratch that was in my TL, it was covered by the $1500 damage waiver, nor did I have to have the TL's scheduled service...saving me about $450.00 at this time.

So...I'm driving...and loving my White with Parchment interior MDX!
  • jeff_14mdx2wt1jeff_14mdx2wt1 Member Posts: 4
    I looked at my rear doors and I see the area you are referring, the angle in the door post just above the exterior door handle. Mine do not seem to be "popping out." I have washed mine only once so far and there are not leaks.

It may be that there was a problem in the production line for yours and the other vehicles you looked at that has affected a limited number of vehicles.

Can you post a photo of your seal (or post a link to your photo)

Interested to hear about how Acura handles your issue.

jeff
  • carbond007carbond007 Member Posts: 2
    Interested in finding out if anyone has recently bought a 2014 MDX w/ Nav & Ent. How much did you pay and which dealer did you use? Interested in the NY/ CT region.

Thanks in advance for your help.
  • aim64aim64 Member Posts: 2
    My car was purchased for 57400 plus NYS tax, total around 62,400 out the door. The car has over 800 miles, and is by far the best MDX, I have owned. This is my 3rd one.
  • billy3554billy3554 Member Posts: 148
    I have purchased multiple Acura vehicles in the DC area. I have found good deals at Rosenthal and Norris from which I bought. I also found good pricing at Radley and Pohanka, though I did not buy for logistics reasons. When I was shopping, I did not find good pricing at Chevy Chase, Criswell, or Tischer.
  • mu8318mu8318 Member Posts: 20
    This is the deal I got today for 14 AWD tech mdx lease:

15k miles per year
    45824 price (invoice price. This is the price I got the deal for)
    5500 equity for trade in (I put this in as a down payment which covered the fees and remaining as cap reduction or down payment whatever you call it as)
    At Preferred credit tier (I was not qualified for premium tier, which would have saved 28 per month) my final payment was at 498 per month including everything.
    Please comment on my deal.
  • carbond007carbond007 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks. Which dealer gave you this deal? I have seen offers of 50,460 to 50,960 for a 2014 MDX w/ Tech & Entertainment. Does that sound reasonable?
    Nope. Try to get for invoice price and I assume its around 48000 to 48400. Try to get in that range. I got an offer in this range from dch Montclair acura,nj last month.
  • vikkuuvikkuu Member Posts: 9
    I got it from NJ Dealers (actually got from 2 dealers)
  • rkld273rkld273 Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

I am looking to purchase a 2014 Acura MDX FWD w/Tech Pkg in the Atlanta area. I am checking to get a sense of quotes others have seen for this model/configuration. The costco negotiated price is a $1000 off MSRP. Anyone had better luck than that ??
  • steevosteevo Member Posts: 389
    Can you confirm your MF was .000150? Did you mean to write .00150 ?
  • irishys17irishys17 Member Posts: 30
    I apologize...I meant .00150 MF.
    I did get a 66% residual.

I love this car!
  • nid15nid15 Member Posts: 11
    Hi,

Can you tell me which dealer is that? I am looking for 2013 also
  • tiffany18tiffany18 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Jeff,
    Thanks for your response, very sweet of you.
    I have another active post going on this issue as other owners have discovered the same problem. You can see the picture I posted on this forum:

http://www.mdxers.org/forums/94-new-2014-acura-mdx/58153-2014-window-seal-defect- -take-action.html

My user name is Tiffany18. Best wishes to you.
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801
    I'm loving the 2014 MDX and ready to buy a FWD with Technology Package very soon! The only issue is trying to decide on a color combination AND actually find it!

I love the White Diamond Pearl, but every one I find in inventory at local Acura dealers has the Parchment interior. The interior is also available in 'Eucalyptus' (looks to be a very nice green-gray hue) according to Acura's website.

Has anyone actually seen the Eucalyptus interior on an actual vehicle???
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT
  • offcityoffcity Member Posts: 6
    I do. I have SH-AWD, Advance, White and Eucalyptus. I bought it on June 19 or so, which is the very first batch. It seems that Eucalyptus is very hard to find right now. Only you can do is just wait, or order the car (and wait again).

But, I love the color. I didn't want a bright leather color. It can be easily dyed and we have young children. So, my choice was right. Acura should produce more diverse colors.
  • jeff_14mdx2wt1jeff_14mdx2wt1 Member Posts: 4
    I have one, Yes they are rare. When we were shopping the Dealers told me that there were only 3 in all of CALIFORNIA at the time. I had a Lincoln prior with light leather seat and hated having to clean it all the time.

I love the color combination. I have had my MDX about 3 week and love it more every day. It is truly a very remarkable vehicle. I did a road trip to LA- 160 miles freeway and got 34 mpg. Read my other post about what I paid and where I purchased, search my name. jeff_14mdx2wt1
    I currently have a 2012 Mazda CX-9 with “Sand” (light beige) leather interior. Mazda only offers two choices- Black or Sand. Black Leather in Atlanta heat is (literally) painful, so Sand was the only way to go. The saving grace was that it’s two-tone, with dark brown accented inserts that look very sharp and it still has Black carpeting! But I already have several spots on the light-colored leather that I haven’t been able to remove yet….maybe some “20-Mule Team Borax” would do the trick? Or maybe not…

If the State of Georgia wasn’t so strict about wrapping kids in plastic or putting them in straight-jackets while they’re in the car, it wouldn’t be an issue!!! =)

I actually love my CX-9 and the only reasons I’m only trading it because my sister and I finally sold a rental house we’ve been trying to unload for two years! I’ve never averaged more than 18.5mpg on a tank of gas either, so the improved fuel economy is very nice!

I test drove the MDX with the Parchment interior and, for me, that interior color is a deal-breaker. I would destroy it, not to mention the ‘mischievous’ offspring of my baby sister! I share custody of my 3-year old nephew and 7-year old niece with my parents because their mommy prefers a needle in her arm over being a parent! Gay uncles with paternal instincts are very useful when one of their siblings is an addict! =)

BTW, does anyone have the “2nd Row Seat Cover” shown in the ACCESSORIES catalog for the MDX? It’s $275, made of “durable wetsuit-like material and machine washable”…I must have it!!! It’s black but I don’t care what color it is, it’s like a huge kid-resistant drop cloth!

I have even considered the “Silver Moon” exterior as my (distant) 2nd choice. It comes with Ebony or Graystone interior. But even the Graystone is too light for my tastes! The Ebony interior is absolutely gorgeous with the Wood Accents, but it’s just not a viable option in the South.

What color is the carpeting with the Eucalyptus interior? I’m assuming it’s the same color as the seats?

I applaud Acura for offering something different. But I also agree that they Honda/Acura (and most other car companies) should offer more medium to dark interior colors! Saddle Brown has a very upscale look, for example. The Hyundai Santa Fe Limited is available with a Saddle & Black interior (Saddle Brown seats, black dash/door panels/carpeting) and they sell every one they can build. BMW offers a Mojave Leather in the X3 and the X5 is available with Mocha Leather or Terra Leather (Terra Cotta, oddly appealing).

For almost 20 years, I only drove Honda or Acura vehicles. Each time I went to buy a new one, my first step was to choose the interior color(s) I could tolerate then back into an exterior color from there! One of my early 90s Accords had Blue interior (somewhere between Royal and Navy) which only came with Frost White. When I bought my ’93 Accord, I liked an interior color they called Brown-Red (the seats were brown, the dash had a slight burgundy hue) but it could only be had with Seattle Silver or Rosewood exterior….I went with the Rosewood, but it wasn’t my first or even my second choice for an exterior color.

As much as I like BMW’s interior color variety, it amazes me that their vehicles have “Leatherette” standard…even on the X5 with a $56k base price! At least we can be thankful that Acura makes Leather standard across the board. Along that line, can anyone comment on the difference between the Perforated Milano Leather on the Advance model vs. the other trim levels?

It’s ironic/irritating that I drive by the factory where they build these at least once or twice each month (in Lincoln, Alabama, located between Atlanta and Birmingham). I wish I could just stop by and wait while they made me one with Eucalyptus interior….
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,142
    If you're shopping for a new car and are under 5’2” or over 6’2” please email [email protected] with your daytime contact information no later than Friday, September 13, 2013 to be interviewed by a reporter.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,359
    Congrats on the shared custody of your niece & nephew. You are doing a wonderful service to our planet by making a difference in the lives of 2 innocent children.

I have a 2011 Pilot EXL, not an MDX, but do have the 2nd row seat cover made of "wet suit" material. I have 3 children (almost 7, 4 1/2, & almost 2) and can tell you that this thing not only fits perfectly, but does a great job at protecting the seats.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

Thank You for the input on the 2nd row seat cover! I can't believe every SUV didn't offer these years ago! In addition to the two kiddos, I also have a Golden Retriever that loves to ride whenever he can....I spent at least one hour every weekend just trying to vacuum up all the golden fur off the Black carpet in my CX-9! It just slides right off the leather seats into the floor and into every nook and cranny....

God knows I had to put up the fight of my life to get custody of my nephew! She was using throughout her pregnancy with him and Child Protective Services tried to take him from the hospital when he was two days old. They were going to place him in a temporary foster home until I could go through the process of becoming his foster parent, followed by the process to be named his legal guardian, etc. I was approved as a Foster Parent in the county where my parents and I live and where my niece was born. I had fostered my niece two different times before she turned four.

But my nephew was born in an adjacent county and they wouldn’t accept my county’s approval to be a foster parent for him! Thankfully, the Juvenile Court Judge in my county is a friend from high school and my county’s Superior Court Judge is a friend of the family. They both told me to go ahead and take my 2-day old nephew into my custody, bring him back into our county and they would protect me from any legal fallout!

They protected me, just as they promised, but when I went before the judge in the county where he was born to formally petition for custody, she was NOT happy about it! She also had NEVER awarded custody of an infant to a single male who was not a blood relative. My little sister was technically my step-sister until she turned 18 and my mother legally adopted her. My mom raised her from the age of 4 when she married my step-dad and he had custody, but her mother would never allow my mom to adopt her or her 2-year older brother. My mom had to wait until each of them turned 18 and they could legally make her their Mom!

The judge wouldn’t award custody to my parents because my step-dad had just been released from the hospital after a near-fatal battle with Spinal Meningitis! I ultimately had to go WAY over her head (via the Governor’s office) to have them reassign the case to the county where I live. Then it was a piece of cake…..

It may sound corny, but during her 2010 Oscar Acceptance Speech, Sandra Bullock said something that has motivated me and kept me going as I’ve suddenly had to be a mom and dad to two kids for the first time in my life. She said, “I would like to thank what this movie was about for me, which are the moms that take care of the babies and the children no matter where they come from!”

I hope I’m making a difference in their lives…even if I am that parent (Mr. Mom) that drives all the other moms and teachers crazy because I’m always running a little late and/or missing one or two things, but I try! My niece just started 2nd grade and one morning a few weeks ago we were running about 10 minutes late getting to school and I flew into the parking lot like a ‘bat out of hell’ and we practically jumped out the car before it stopped and I walked her inside. One of the teachers said, “It’s actually a good thing that you run late all the time because all of the other children are safely inside the classroom before you fly in here on two wheels!” Before I could stop myself I said, “They pay you to teach, not to be a smart @ss!” and walked out….I don’t think she likes me very much! =)
  • s2kromas2kroma Member Posts: 9
    I never lease a car before, purchase only. I own 2012 Passat (finance through VW) and still own money on it.

If I would trade in my 2012 Passat for 2014 MDX base front wheel drive how would that work?

What about tax that I paid on the vehicle when I purchased it? Will that apply to my new MDX?

Looking to get a 15k miles a year/ 36 month lease
  • jizhangjizhang Member Posts: 5
    It will not work.
    Hi
    I got my new 2014 MDX SH-AWD TECH past weekend and it is great.
    Got a very good deal from Ramsey, NJ (Artie) and I had everything work out on phone and just picked up the vehicle without any surprise.
  • pzzdogpzzdog Member Posts: 39
    hi
    would u telling me how much for the 2014 mdx awd with tech?
    Do you mind sharing your numbers here??

Thanks
  • s2kromas2kroma Member Posts: 9
    Can you be a little more specific please? Any advice appreciated
    I follow this forum for many months. I haven't seen any 15k miles a year/ 36 month lease for MDX so far.
  • pzzdogpzzdog Member Posts: 39
    edited September 2013
    do you guys think installed Back-Up Sensors and Remote Engine Start System III worth it?also got a price for 2014 awd with tech $48200 from nyc ,is this good price?THANKS
    I got the same car AWD tech for 45800 including destination plus tax in NJ
  • saini_grvsaini_grv Member Posts: 8
    Can you please tell me which dealership is this. I am travelling to NJ next week and would like to get this price.

I am in Dallas, TX and the prices here are very close to MSRP($1000 off of MSRP).
    This is a very nice price. Could you share the dealer info in NJ?
  • beantownmdxbeantownmdx Member Posts: 2
    I was able to talk the price down to 42928 with the remote starter included in Boston. I think that's a great deal. If you are interested, let me know and I'll send you the information.
    Very interested, please provide us some info.

Also, base does not have GPS, is this right?
  • beantownmdxbeantownmdx Member Posts: 2
    no nav on base. I got it acura of boston. Ask for Dumitru. Tell him you want to same deal. They wont go lower than that. I tried everything. lol. Let me know how it goes.
    got in 2014-AWD-Tech 46500(including destination). got it from Ramsey (Artie)
    Precision acura/Princeton. You may also try dch Montclair acura,Verona. I think 500 more in case if you don't have color you want at precision acura
  • saini_grvsaini_grv Member Posts: 8
    Can you please specify which city/state dealership? I will be very happy to get the same price as yours.
  • kiakidkiakid Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2013
    I got the 2014 MDX AWD+Tech for $46,500 (including destination) before TTL. He also throws in all-season mat, 3 oil changes, and lifetime car-wash for free. This is in the Detroit area. All other dealers around ask for $48,000-$51,000 for the same package. :surprise:
    But like someone had mentioned in Acurazine, try getting the lowest price from TrueCar.com first. Then start the negotiation using that TrueCar quote as a reference to go lower.
  • ken117ken117 Member Posts: 249
    Never good to negotiate down from True Car. The TC price should be viewed as the dealer offer. Always reduce that price by the $300 TC fee the dealer will pay to TC.

The best prices are always attained by negotiating up from invoice less holdback and incentives.
    Can you share your numbers after purchase??
  • civic2000civic2000 Member Posts: 7
    Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum and benefited from this a lot. I don't how to post new so replying to ken117's post.

I signed for 2014 SH-AWD MDX Tech last week. Pricing details are as follows,

46300 + 400 doc fee = 46700
    + Tax title and registration (NJ).

OTD = 50250.

I didn't buy any accessories from dealer. Bought mats from ebay, thinking of wheel locks now.

This was not my target price I had in mind, I thought I could get it for few hundred over invoice, but I need a second car desperately. I decided to give up and take the car.

I hope this will benefit potential buyers, like it did for me from other posts.

Last but not least car is a sexy beast.

Good luck.
  • brasmusbrasmus Member Posts: 4
    i purchased a 2014 mdx with tech pkg in boise idaho at the end of july for 47000 plus 299 doc fee.
  • itsrajeshitsrajesh Member Posts: 10
    I just want to understand, what percent discounts I should expect on 2014 MDX acessories. I am looking for roof rails with crossbars , footboard, all season mats, cargo mat etc. Thank you.
  • civic2000civic2000 Member Posts: 7
    Hello Rajesh,

I bought the floor mats from ebay (Acura dealer owned shops).

http://stores.ebay.com/Open-Road-Acura-of-Wayne-Parts?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

** Mats arrived next day in excellent condition.

I am planning to buy cargo tray(folding) from following store,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Acura-2014-MDX-Cargo-Tray-Tri-Folding-FREE-SHIPPING-/121- 174003402?vxp=mtr&hash=item1c36888eca

I would like to install wheel locks, let me know is it sth we can do it ourselves or cheap option.
  • itsrajeshitsrajesh Member Posts: 10
    Thanks for useful information. Makes to buy those acessories from ebay which does not require installation. I will also buy from there.

How about things like roof-rails, foot board etc?