Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Dodge Dakota - II

15678911»

Comments

• spike50spike50 Member Posts: 481
    Quad status is that I have a VON and Ernie says it will likely be built this model year (2000). As you can see I can't give you anything definite yet.

On the subject of your cost for five brand new 15x8's with the Goodyear Wrangler RT/S, I haven't done enough research on that one yet. I'll get started on it but I need a truck first.

"Flotation" - Can't say that I'm an expert and I want to assure everyone that my feelings won't be hurt if someone chimes in with a more understandable definition than what follows. I only recently came acrossed the term. One definition says: "As the size designation increases, Flotation-sized tires will have a wider section width (section = tread width plus some) than their LT-Metric and LT-Numeric designation counterparts. Another difference is that Flotation sizes typically require wider wheel widths than LT-Metric and LT-Numeric sizes." (LT = Light Truck)

An example of this is:

Term Size Designation Actual Size (in.)
    High Flot. 30x9.50R15 29.6 x 9.7
    LT-Metric LT235/75R15 29.1 x 9.2
    LT-Numeric 7.00R15LT 29.8 x 6.5

(Static loaded dimensions measured on a 7" wheel)

Again, I encourage anyone/everyone to help us to not only better understand the term High-Flotation but also its pro's and con's as it pertains to the Dakota Clubs and Quads / On-Road and Off-Road / Dry-Wet-Snow Weather Conditions.
  • meredithmeredith Member Posts: 575
    For purposes of efficiency....

this topic is being "frozen." Please continue these discussions in Topic 1636 Dodge Dakota - III.

Front Porch Philosopher
    SUV, Pickups, & Aftermarket and Accessories Host
This discussion has been closed.