Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX

1939495969799»

Comments

• cargirl2bcargirl2b Member Posts: 1
    I live in a town that does not have an Acura dealership and so have not had a chance to test drive the TSX 6 speed. For anyone out there who has owned and driven a TSX 6 speed, what is it like? Much of what I read about the TSX 6 speed is that it is sheer driving pleasure for someone who enjoys shifting.

I have owned small 5 speeds for years, but last time around, I bought a 2000 Solara automatic, intending to experiment with a luxurious feel and drive. While this car is still in mint condition and it certainly has a luxurious feel and drive, I am leaning back to wanting to purchase a smaller, sportier manual. The TSX sounds very exciting from everything I read.

Can a TSX driver help me understand why this car is sheer driving pleasure? If it's that much fun, I may drive to my nearby city and trade in the Solara automatic.
  • upstatedocupstatedoc Member Posts: 710
    My MDX is in the shop for some warranty work so they gave me a 2008 TSX 5AT for a loaner. Not a bad little car, abit more sluggish than the 6MT I drove a few years ago. The manual was much more responsive. My salesman and I were chatting about the 2009 TSX and he said they definitely will have two versions, a four cylinder and a six w/ SH-AWD. They should be arriving this spring. Too late for me, I already bought my "fun car" for the next few years, a 2008 VW GTI 6 MT.
  • armishanksarmishanks Member Posts: 14
    The fog lights will only work when the headlights are on low beam. They will not work while parking lights or high beams or own, or independently of low beam.

Fog lights are not driving lights, and they should really only be used in foggy conditions where visibility is less than 100 meters. They are designed to illuminate the roadway under the blanket of fog.

They really aren't necessary in normal conditions and in most rain conditions. When traveling at highway speeds, it's not necessary to illuminate the 30 or so feet in front of you.
  • dad23dad23 Member Posts: 870
    I'm not sure if this has been discussed in the past or not, I didn't see a dedicated thread for it. I was wondering what phones people have had good luck with and any to stay away from. I had a Nokia 6102i that worked pretty good but it got dropped. I replaced it with a hand me down Motorola v55 which hasn't been so good. I'm thinking about getting an iPhone but wanted to see what other TSX drivers were using and with what results. Thanks in advance, am loving my car!
  • petevpetev Member Posts: 3
    I just purchased a TSX and have the iphone. I took a while to pair the two but the are working fine. This is my first experiance with this technology, it's nice. The sound is kind of muffled, not sure if that is normal. The voice command is a nice feature once it's set up.
  • connecticut123connecticut123 Member Posts: 1
    Quick question for everyone out there. I leased a 2008 TSX a few months ago and after reading several different postings am baffled by people who are claiming to get over 30+ mpg on the highway. In the city I average right around 20 and on the highway it's closer to 25mpg. Is anyone literally getting 30+ on the highway and if so, any secrets I'm not getting?
  • nj2pa2ncnj2pa2nc Member Posts: 811
    I own a 06 6MT tsx, bought new, 11/17/06. It has almost 39,000 miles. I average 32-35 MPG on the highways. I do not race or over-rev it. I try to use cruise control as much as possible.
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,504
    Based on your screen name, I'm going to guess you drive in New England, and cold weather is the enemy of fuel mileage. It takes forever (most of an hour, if the temperature is anywhere below zero) to warm up the oil, and many gasoline formulations used in the winter don't have the BTU content of straight gasoline. If in addition you're taking short trips (even on the highway), it'll drop down some more.

The 30+ crowd is probably (I'll know for sure in the next few weeks) driving on the highway in relatively warm weather in cars that have 5-10K miles or more on the engine.

Let's compare notes next summer after your car's broken in better & I've had a chance to get mine over 5K miles in my extremely hot climate.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • dad23dad23 Member Posts: 870
    I'm in Colorado, have an 07 with almost 10K miles on it and I mainly do city driving. I've been getting right around 25 MPG. There have been a few times when I've hit the 30-32 mark after a long haul on the freeeway, but then a day or so of my regular driving takes me back to the mid 20s. I also have been alternating between 89 and 91 octane fuel depending on price but haven't really noticed much of a difference in either mileage or performance.
  • fedlawmanfedlawman Member Posts: 3,118
    Having a manual transmission and feathering the throttle will also boost mileage.
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,504
    Having a manual transmission and feathering the throttle will also boost mileage.

Good to know. I can do both, or either for that matter.

I'm supposed to get my car tomorrow or Thursday, but time will tell -- manual w/o nav.

Stay tuned.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
    Still loving my 06 Milano red/ebony 6MT w/nav tsx, bought new 11/17/06. It now has almost 51,000 problem-free miles. It gets good gas mileage, is a comfortable riding car with more than enough power and performance for me. My only complaint would be the lousy paint that chips easy. I would need a complete clear bra to cover the whole car-I have chips near the sunroof, etc.
  • sbrodiesbrodie Member Posts: 13
    Thinking of buying an 04 w/navigation from a Nissan dealer. It has 114K miles. My mechanic looked at it last weekend(for $60.00), said the car is real good. We did find that the CD player wasn't working. They are fixing it now. Price=12K w/one year warranty. Any comments before I buy or don't buy?. Or, should I go hoplessly in debt for a later, or even a new model?? I have had good experience w/Acuras. Still have my 87 Legend, and runs excellent, w/250K miles, but will probably sell it if I get the, or a TSX.
  • sbrodiesbrodie Member Posts: 13
    One of the biggest things my mechanic told me about the car was he thought the paint was starting to go, BUT he gave me advice on restoring it. He suggested some typr of mud compound and liquid type of stuff. The place I'm buying it from has told us they have repaired paint chips he found. He didn't seem concerned at all my the miles. This is also a red with white interior car.
    It was 2 years ago today when I bought my new 06 Milano red/ebony 6MT w. nav tsx from Lehigh Valley Acura in Pa. It now has 65,567 miles. It passed it's annual NC state inspection today with the original OEM tires (4/32) Getting new tires for xmas. Problems were: cracked foglights, heater element is driver's seat stopped working and scratched headlight. The were fixed by the dealer (under warranty). Get excellent gas mileage with more than enough power and performance. Still using regular gas. One other complaint-lousy paint-chips to easy.
  • cambreacambrea Member Posts: 26
    My son is driving 04 TSX (about 100Kmiles on it) and driver side curtain airbag deplyed with no reasno. I happens while driving I-5 in Los Angeles about 65 MPH. Since all dealerships are closed, we will tow the car into a dealership tomorrow morning. Any advice?
This discussion has been closed.