Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Honda Accord Prices Paid And Buying Experience

Comments

• tuningcattuningcat Member Posts: 10
    nyrevo721 said:

After re-reading the last several months of this forum (thanks to all who have posted and commented), I emailed a dozen dealers in southern Wisconsin and northern Illinois with my target price for an Accord LX w/CVT (no accessories). Purchased from Wilde, but Zimbrick was right there as well. Contracted $s included:

MSRP + Destination $23,725.00
    Service Fee + $219.00
    Discount - $3,757.00
    Vehicle Cash Price $20,187.00
    + WI Sales Tax (5.1%)
    + DMV fees ($99)
    Total OTD: $21,315.54

After evaluating accessory price options, opted to purchase all-season floor mats, trunk tray, splash guards, and touch up paint online for about $300. This is about $150 less than the dealer price.

brian125 - Whadya think?

Where did you get the accessories from?
  • bitdadybitdady Member Posts: 16
    edited April 2015
    @tuningcat
    E bay is a great place to get cheap oem parts. I just got a trunk tray delivered for $92. It was from Bernadi but through eBay. If you go to Bernadi directly it is 81 but to ship to Cali was an extra 30. Don't ask me why it is cheaper through eBay. Hope this helps. 
  • nyrevo721nyrevo721 Member Posts: 2
    I checked over a dozen online businesses, with several of them clustered in the $285-315 range (shipping included). While I considered Bernadi, I ultimately selected HandA-Accessories.com
    artthurr said:

@tuningcat
    E bay is a great place to get cheap oem parts. I just got a trunk tray delivered for $92. It was from Bernadi but through eBay. If you go to Bernadi directly it is 81 but to ship to Cali was an extra 30. Don't ask me why it is cheaper through eBay. Hope this helps. 

Thanks! Didn't even think about ebay but I'll check it out. Plan on getting a trunk tray as well with the all season floor mats.
  • flatfeetflatfeet Member Posts: 13
    leaton1 said:

just purchased a Honda Sport auto trans. Silver out the door price $ 22,585 included mudguards, wheel locks, pin stripe, Trunk tray and window tint. All fees included 1.9 % interest 60 months. nc use tax of 3%. Had better offer for a white one at another dealer for 21,200 otd but did not include the trunk tray. My wife did not like the white, so bought the silver one. No trade in.

@leaton1: Where in NC did you buy your Sport? Who was the other dealer that had the white one? Thanks for the help and congrats on an awesome purchase!

• hondafaaanatichondafaaanatic Member Posts: 19
    artthurr said:

@tuningcat

Thanks, @artthurr!! I also purchase from Bernardi, and wish I knew the eBay route! Could have saved even more on shipping.
  • carro101carro101 Member Posts: 21
    Please share any new factory or 
    dealer incentives with the forum. 
    Because the of the new month 
    and Honda not meeting their sales
    goals they might be motivated. 
    Thanks
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    End of the 1st week any new Incentives / Rebates should be posted by Honda

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• anagoreeanagoree Member Posts: 11
    I have posted below on CRV forum. Some points may benefit to Accord community also. Hnce i am also posing the same here.

==========
    This is long. But I have to share my car buying experience with this community.
    So here is my deal in Chicago land area. I research on the vehicles and read all advice Brian has provided on this forum. I send emails to 20+ dealers asking for price breakup as below. I clearly mentioned that I will not consider quote if dealer cannot provide me price breakup. I ask them to provide me also vehicle stock number to make sure they have vehicle in stock. This also allowed me to verify vehicle online where ever dealer's inventory is available to browse. OR ask another dealer to verify for you :smile:

Sale Price
    Tax
    License/Registration
    Destination
    Doc Fees
    Any applicable Rebates
    Any add-on accessories

The reason I ask for price breakup because dealers can quote you price with rebates that they know you may not qualified for. Or will exclude destination charges from the quote and later play a game of innocent mistakes. Or added accessories to jack-up the price. I noted above in spreadsheet for each dealers to make an easy comparison.

I also did my research on Chicago land dealers to make sure I do not waste time with unworthy dealers. I would suggest staying away from City Honda, Grossing Honda in Chicago area.
    Fletcher John, Valley Honda, Grand Honda, Continental Honda are one of the most professional dealers.

Initially I narrow down to Honda Accord for 2015 Honda Accord EX-L with Modern Steel Metallic color and Gray Leather. The lowest quote I received (including $1,000 dealers rebate) was:

EPRICE: 23,397
    DESTINATION: 820
    OTD PRICE: $26,357.74
    Another dealer was ready to break price by another $100. So my deal could have been $26,257.74 OTD.

But, later we decided to go for Honda CRV. I re-run the same process as above. By now, I know which dealer to watch for. My 2015 Honda CR-V EX-L AWD with Basque Red Pearl II and Gray Leather deal was:
    EPRICE: $25,951.57
    DESTINATION: $880.00
    OTD PRICE: $29,195.31
    Note: One of my friend also tag along with me when buying CRV. I received CRV price for two vehicle.
    Moral of the story, more the merrier :smile:

Thanks Brian, Steve and rest of user who has contributed on this forum educating consumers. I wish good luck to new buyers.
  • felinos11felinos11 Member Posts: 30
    what is the lowest anybody has got for 2015 accord sport chicago area?
  • warbornwarborn Member Posts: 3
    I apologize if this is not the right forum, but I would like to get the community's validation of my recent purchase.

2013 Accord EX-L 18k miles out of the door price of 21000. Hematite color with black leather. Smells brand new inside, not a scratch or a dent anywhere, looks like the driver seat was the only one used. 1 owner trade-in.

Thank you for your time.

Dmitri. New England area.
    edited April 2015
    warborn

YOU LEFT OUT 2 VERY IMPORTANT PRICES TO YOUR PUZZLE.

Selling price, Taxes paid on vehicle.

Just for the fun of it I'm going to take a run at what you paid before taxes, tags, etc...........$19,283

Brian, thank you. Negotiated price was 19120, the rest was taxes and fees. It is very difficult to find 2013 in this condition around here for this price - at least I couldn't. I guess I worry less if I got a deal of a century than if I overpaid by too much.
    You found a very good deal car and miles .....good luck

warborn said:

Brian, thank you. Negotiated price was 19120, the rest was taxes and fees. It is very difficult to find 2013 in this condition around here for this price - at least I couldn't. I guess I worry less if I got a deal of a century than if I overpaid by too much.

Is it CPO'd? What area are you in? V6? I ask because I'm looking for the same model and year but V6 if yours isn't already.
    edited April 2015
    Well I've got a dealer who's given me a quote of $26,630 before taxes for a 2015 ex-l V6 Coupe without navi. Might take it, seems like a great deal. Thoughts @brian125 ?

I'm in California and after taxes (2470) and other fee's it would come out to $29503 and some change.
    tuningcat said:

warborn said:

Is it CPO'd? What area are you in? V6? I ask because I'm looking for the same model and year but V6 if yours isn't already.
    I am in Connecticut. Not CPO, not V6

edited April 2015
    tuningcat said:

Well I've got a dealer who's given me a quote of $26,630 before taxes for a 2015 ex-l V6 Coupe without navi. Might take it, seems like a great deal. Thoughts @brian125 ?

I'm in California and after taxes (2470) and other fee's it would come out to $29503 and some change.

Very good deal if destination charge of $820 is included in that price of 26,630. That's $2334 below dealers invoice price.. buy..... buy....... buy. Without dest/ charge its......... $1514 below invoice. (don't buy yet ) get more dealerships involved.

brian125 said:

tuningcat said:

Very good deal if destination charge of $820 is included in that price of 26,630. That's $2334 below dealers invoice price.. buy..... buy....... buy. Without dest/ charge its......... $1514 below invoice. (don't buy yet ) get more dealerships involved.

The destination charge is included in that. The dealer didn't have the car in stock or else I would've bought it today but I will go tomorrow and they won't charge me a transfer fee either!
  • yvqkckyvqkck Member Posts: 9
    Brian I ended up purchasing an Accord EX at the end of last month with no additional accessories and dealer installed options.

Sale Price (includes destination): $22900.00
    Tax: $1374.00
    Doc Fees: $250.00
    OTD Price: $24524.00

I paid the license plate fee at the DMV that is why is not included in the above price. There was only one dealer (within a 3 hour driving distance) that had EX models on the lot that I could find, so I was limited of what to choose from. Thank again for the advice.

yvqkck

Overall you made a nice deal ........................good job negotiating

• hhahhhah Member Posts: 2
    Thank you all for sharing your experience here.

First of all, I bought the 2015 Camry SE silver with gray interior at last. Because after test drive both, I found Camry is more quiet and comfortable, I won't say any about Accord, But if you want a quiet car, go test drive Camry before you buy the Accord.

I spend 60% time on find the accord and negotiate price with dealer. so here is the lowest quote I got from dealer. I feel it can be still about $200-300 lower if you push really hard.

Trim: Accord EX white with beige interior
    $23000 (Include destination, splash guard)
    +8.9% tax
    +about $270 tag, document and license fees.

• junlobsjunlobs Member Posts: 3
    Hi Brian, hi everyone.
    I have been reading the thread, and i am not sure if anybody mentioned
    about whats a good price of Accord Ex-L w/out Navi here in Oahu.
    After reading the references,
    I would never buy it above 27,000 OTD.
    Is that too low for Hawaii or my calculations are wrong?
    I can only see 3 dealers here, MSRP varies from 28-32K,
    others including dest price.
    I will not buy if I don't get the price that I want (or is at least acceptable to me),
    this is going to be just the second car.
    Or should I buy from the mainland and ship it here?
    shipping is 1k.
    Any suggestion/info would be highly appreciated.
    Cheers!
    edited April 2015
    junlobs

In SoCal you could make a deal for 2k below Invoice on your model Accord. Buying at one of the 3 dealerships in Oahu for 1k below dealers invoice would be a wash. ( after considering shipping costs. ) shoot for 1k below plus consider each dealerships doc fee charge into the price equation.

good luck.

Hi brian125 thank you for the reply. By 1k below dealers invoice you mean 26,000 plus all the fees? i would assume this model accords invoice is around 27,100.
    so should i shoot around 27,500-28,000 OTD? thanks
  • bndiebndie Member Posts: 12
    edited April 2015
    Hi brian125 or any expert out there!
    I am in the Tampa area and received a few quotes for an Accord Sport 6MT. Am I being unreasonable for wanting to pay $23000 for the first one and $22300 for the second?

First has leather and tinted windows:
    msrp: $24,685.00
    discount: 2,108.00
    best price first: 22,577.00
    sales tax: 1,104.74
    county tax: 50.00
    dealer fee: 699.00 (welcome to Florida)
    new tag fee: 400.00
    title fee: 79.87
    tire fee: 1.50
    battery fee: 5.00

*total: $25,214.11
    *Their math gets fuzzy here because there is a $297.00 out of the blue unless it was supposed to be part of the taxes. Their tax is lower than the other quote below which incidentally has a lower selling price.

Second:
    Vehicle Price: $24,685.00
    Savings: - $3,223.00
    Price: $21,462.00
    Sales Tax (estimate): + $1,386.03
    Tag/Registration Fees (estimate): + $498.75
    Tire/Battery/MVWEA: + $6.50
    Dealer Service Fee: + $699.95 (Looks familiar?)
    Balance Due (estimate): $24,053.23

Thanks,
    junlobs said:

Hi brian125 thank you for the reply. By 1k below dealers invoice you mean 26,000 plus all the fees? i would assume this model accords invoice is around 27,100.
    so should i shoot around 27,500-28,000 OTD? thanks

Invoice on the EXL model is 25,996. destination charge is 820 = $26,816. minus 1k off this price then add taxes, dealers doc fee, dmv fee's... This makes up your OTD price.

bndie said:

I am in the Tampa area and received a few quotes for an Accord Sport 6MT. Am I being unreasonable for wanting to pay $23000 for the first one and $22300 for the second?

*Their math gets fuzzy here because there is a $297.00 out of the blue unless it was supposed to be part of the taxes. Their tax is lower than the other quote below which incidentally has a lower selling price.

Second:

Thanks,

your 2nd deal is 600 above invoice after paying dealers doc fee. negotiate further down.

Your 1st deal cant be figure out until you disclose pricing for tinted windows and dealer installed leather seats.

Your models invoice price w/ dest / charge on the Sport 6mt is..... $22,662 ( Nada pricing ) Edmunds lists $22,663

Thank you Brian, appreciate it.
  • kawankukawanku Member Posts: 10
    I am a newbie.. sorry for incomplete info when I ask questions...

I am in Atlanta and in the market for Accord (not sure the trim yet)
    I got a quote below: from Curry Honda

1. LX CVT Sedan
    MSRP: $23,725 (including Destination)
    Sale Price: $20,287 Excludes Taxes, Fees & options / accessories not listed

2. EX-L CVT Sedan
    MSRP: $29,240 (including Destination)
    Sale Price: $24,817 Excludes Taxes, Fees & options / accessories not listed

Please let me know if the price is reasonable and what should I ask the dealer about, to get the whole picture?

Thanks

Benny

• car&watchcar&watch Member Posts: 22
    Anyone purchase a hybrid lately?  Being offered a hybrid touring MSRP 35,8XX for 30,900 less 500 college grad rebate.  Total 30,400 plus tax, tags, 139 doc fee.  Advice? Input?  Thanks all!
  • Paul NelsonPaul Nelson Member Posts: 5
    kawanku said:

I am a newbie.. sorry for incomplete info when I ask questions...

I am in Atlanta and in the market for Accord (not sure the trim yet)
    I got a quote below: from Curry Honda

1. LX CVT Sedan
    MSRP: $23,725 (including Destination)
    Sale Price: $20,287 Excludes Taxes, Fees & options / accessories not listed

2. EX-L CVT Sedan
    MSRP: $29,240 (including Destination)
    Sale Price: $24,817 Excludes Taxes, Fees & options / accessories not listed

Please let me know if the price is reasonable and what should I ask the dealer about, to get the whole picture?

Thanks

Benny

Try Hennessy Honda in Woodstock, I bought a sedan EX-L there last month, was the best price of all the Atlanta area dealers that responded to my e-mails and they were great to work with.

Ask for an OTD price that includes a breakdown of EVERYTHING.
    Hi newman1818 - thanks for the pointer.. do you mind sharing the price you paid for yours?
    Additional info from Curry Honda - for EX L
    Doc Fee $599
    Splash guard & body side $452
    Tax $1895.25
    Tag / Title $41

Total $27,903.25
    I am wondering if somebody can explain Tax calculation. In my quote it is 7% and it came out to $1895.25. If I do the math,
    It means my purchase price is $27,075. Which is not what is quoted.
    Am I missing something here?
    Shout out to Brian - pricing guru.. please advise....
    Sorry for keep asking questions.. How do I ask dealer that I don't want any add-ons (such as body side quoted above)? Can you force them to remove it? or you have to ask dealer for the car available without add-ons?
    edited April 2015
    7% tax is applied to just the selling price of the vehicle. You have................ $2,987.25 in taxes and fee's. add this amount to your agreed selling price rounding out your OTD pricing.

Agreed selling price......................24,817
    Taxes and fee's ...........................+ 2987.25
    ................................................... $ 27,804.25....OTD pricing

edited April 2015
    kawanku

below is the breakdown of your deal

EXL invoice w/ dest charge 26,817 - 24,817 = .............2000 below dealers invoice - dealers 599 doc fee = 1401 below dealers invoice - Over payment on added accessories about $225 ( Splash Guards , Molding not sold at invoice price to you ).

your quoted deal is close to 1200 below dealers invoice price

Hi Brian: thanks for the explanation but I still don't get it.

If tax is calculated on selling price only = 7% x 24,817 = $1,737
    I was quoted $1,895.25 on Taxes of 7% (which he wrote down Tax 7% - I don't make up 7%)

What is the best deal in Atlanta as far as below dealers invoice... can I get it to 2000 below or is it just dreaming? It is great explanation that I am now only 1200 below invoice.. which I don't think it is good...
    edited April 2015
    kawanku said:

Sorry for keep asking questions.. How do I ask dealer that I don't want any add-ons (such as body side quoted above)? Can you force them to remove it? or you have to ask dealer for the car available without add-ons?

ALL DEALERSHIPS CONTACTED/ Visited.

I will only buy a EXL model with no add on's... If you cant accommodate me I will buy at another dealership. Seems simple enough for any dealership that wants a possible sale.

Email above dealership let them know...... Sell me the same vehicle without add' ons I buy from you today. Yes or NO

edited April 2015
    kawanku said:

Hi Brian: thanks for the explanation but I still don't get it.

If tax is calculated on selling price only = 7% x 24,817 = $1,737
    I was quoted $1,895.25 on Taxes of 7% (which he wrote down Tax 7% - I don't make up 7%)

What is the best deal in Atlanta as far as below dealers invoice... can I get it to 2000 below or is it just dreaming? It is great explanation that I am now only 1200 below invoice.. which I don't think it is good...

Looks like taxes are calculate wrong on dealers end. Try to get same deal without accessories. $1500 to 2000 below dealers invoice is a good target price in your area. take your states high doc fee $599 into consideration when negotiating price. Negotiating and buying closer to the last few days of April will net you the best possible deal.

Can you get 2k below invoice probably? How do you do that? By getting as many dealerships involved in the price wars as far as your willing to travel. The more dealers you contact the better you will do pricewise. Pitting one dealer against the next fighting for your business.................. That's how you play the game

edited April 2015
    kawanku said:

Hi newman1818 - thanks for the pointer.. do you mind sharing the price you paid for yours?
    Additional info from Curry Honda - for EX L
    Doc Fee $599
    Splash guard & body side $452
    Tax $1895.25
    Tag / Title $41

Total $27,903.25

This was mine from back in February:

2015 Accord EX-L sedan 4 cyl CVT

MSRP $29,240.00

Selling price $24,509.00 (includes destination)
    Dealer fee 489.00
    Appearance pkg 119.00
    Decklid Spoiler 312.00
    Body Side Moldings 245.00
    Nitrogen 88.00
    Electronic title fee 52.00
    GA 7% TAVT 1895.25
    Tag fee 20.00
    Title fee 18.00
    Lemon Law 3.00

Total drive out price $27,750.25

I asked for the spoiler and side moldings.

Also, the TAVT in GA is calculated on the fair market value (FMV) of the vehicle multiplied by the current rate which is 7%.

Also, I waited almost a month for mine as I didn't want a vehicle with the front bumper tag installed with 2 holes in the bumper, this was a deal breaker for me. They were able to get me a vehicle straight off the truck from Honda.
    Hi Brian: do you know the EXL V6 Invoice amount?

The cheapest quote so far from a dealer in Houston where I bought my van before (I live in Atlanta).
    Selling Price 26,450
    Fees 270
    Tax 1703 (I am not sure how tax is working since I have to pay more in GA when I register).

Total 28,423

Do you know if TX collect $1703 and I just need to pay the difference when I register in GA or I have to pay tax twice?

The cheapest from Atlanta:
    Selling price 26,574
    Fees 679
    Options 686 (It is mandatory)
    Tax 2035

Total 29974

Assuming tax is the same, the Houston quote total is 28,423 + 332 (2035 - 1703) = 28,755

It is still $1200 different and I am not sure I can get that....

Let me know..
    brian125 said:

bndie said:

Second:

Thanks,

your 2nd deal is 600 above invoice after paying dealers doc fee. negotiate further down.

Your 1st deal cant be figure out until you disclose pricing for tinted windows and dealer installed leather seats.

Your models invoice price w/ dest / charge on the Sport 6mt is..... $22,662 ( Nada pricing ) Edmunds lists $22,663

Brian125
    My local dealer quoted $1599 for the leather seats and $216 + tax for the tint. The first dealer told me they give their best price upfront and do not negotiate.
    At this point I am going to offer $23300 plus floor mat, wheel locks, and windows tint. to see.
    walk away from the leather seats deal unless you could negotiate down more. Katzkin leather seats are usually what Honda will use for a aftermarket seat.

edited April 2015
    kawanku

EXL V-6 invoice price = $27,890 if your selling price of 26,450 includes the 820 destination charge buy car its a good deal.

I don't know how your sales tax will be collect. If dealer adds it to the selling price then your done otherwise you will have to cut a check to your states Dmv for 7%

brian125 said:

walk away from the leather seats deal unless you could negotiate down more. Katzkin leather seats are usually what Honda will use for a aftermarket seat.

Yes, I stepped away from that one.
    Got an Accord 6MT today:
    Selling Price: $20665.01
    Dealer Fee: $589.00
    Tax $1275
    Tags: $366
    Some other fees brought the total to
    $23,000.00 OTD.

Thank you for your help!
    Brian - I had a chance to drive Accord Sport and even though it is 4 cylinder, it is pretty good. Could you tell me the Invoice price on that one (Sport) and on the LX?

I got my EX-L V6 lowered to
    Selling Price 26,000
    Fees 700 (dealer fee, nitrogen, appearance package)
    Taxes 2,100
    Total 28,800

But I am trying to know how much I could save if I just go with LX or Sport.

Newman1811:
    My lowest price above is from Hennessy Honda in Woodstock..
    Could you tell me who you dealt with there?

Thanks
    edited April 2015
    kawanku

You can find all car prices.... MSRP vs Invoice price at the top of this page where it says Make Model Year. I also use http://www.nada.com/ for new car pricing. Check out both sites. You can also read reviews/ incentives on any vehicle.

There are several factors that will help or hurt you in new car buying .

Getting that real good deal / lowest price in your State depends on Supply and Demand at dealerships. Knowing how to Negotiate ( getting as many dealerships involved as far as your willing to travel to. ) Using the internet's emails and direct phone calls to the Int. Mgr. Buying closer to months end. That is the formula for having less stress finding a good deal and getting a good price. Your biggest hurdle right now is most dealers on April 12th will not give into that better price yet. Wait till the end of the month to nail that good deal.

Your the only person who is going to know what your best deal is from the actions you apply above. All of us can only give you a general pricing guide and negotiating tips to close your deal. Apply them.

Your EXL V-6 deal is 2000 below dealers invoice ( a very good deal.) That's after taking the 700 dollar fee's into consideration and assuming dealer added the $820 dest / charge to the selling price.

Your target price for your area is 1500 to 2k below dealers invoice. If you get the low or high end of this target price you have done well. Use this as your guide. If you try for over 2k below pricing you may need to work harder on negotiating and get down and dirty with your targeted dealerships.

Good luck

edited April 2015
    kawanku said:

Brian - I had a chance to drive Accord Sport and even though it is 4 cylinder, it is pretty good. Could you tell me the Invoice price on that one (Sport) and on the LX?

I got my EX-L V6 lowered to
    Selling Price 26,000
    Fees 700 (dealer fee, nitrogen, appearance package)
    Taxes 2,100
    Total 28,800

But I am trying to know how much I could save if I just go with LX or Sport.

Newman1811:
    My lowest price above is from Hennessy Honda in Woodstock..
    Could you tell me who you dealt with there?

Thanks

Contact Stacey Finelli, she is the Internet Director.