Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Pilot Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    honda2009honda2009 Member Posts: 30
    I was offered 32K for a demo model of 2009 Touring with Nav and RES. I actually was in the finance dep't getting all of that in order and then the dealer sold it to someone else, so I actually never had the chance to take advantage of it.

The car had 8K miles on it and running boards.
  • Options
    brad627brad627 Member Posts: 10
    I was in my local honda today in NC and was quoted $35,957 on a silver touring w/nav. with a MSRP of 37,755. Monthly payments were quoted as $575.75 for 60months and 505.62 for a 72 month. that was with my 04 accord as a trade. they were giving me 8k on it. Good deal? this will be my first car purchase. Thanks!
  • Options
    AXM23AXM23 Member Posts: 64
    Where did you make this purchase and do they have anymore?
  • Options
    sodoi18sodoi18 Member Posts: 9
    Local dealer quoting $33,262 plus tax, fees etc
    Is this a reasonable price. Has any one seen a similar car at a better price.

Thanks
  • Options
    zhengpeizhengpei Member Posts: 1
    anyone bought a 09 Pilot EXL lately in Seattle area? The quotes i got from several dealers on the east side are somewhere in 30500~31800 plus tax and TTL. Any chance get it below 30K (plus tax and TTL)?
  • Options
    morton4morton4 Member Posts: 12
    I'm getting close to purchasing a new 2010 Pilot and was hoping some of the kind folk on this forum could take a stab at a few of my questions.

1.) I was quoted $37,552 plus tax, title and license for a 2010 Pilot Touring RES & NAV 4WD via a internet quote. Is this a good price?

2.) do any of you think Honda will offer any incentives (rebates) anytime soon on the 2010 or 2009? The dealer said they just pulled the rebate on the 2009 and don't plan on bringing it back from what he believe.

3.) finally, I'm 6ft 4in.......am I gonna fit in this thing comfortably?

Thanks to all!

I live in MN in case that matters...
  • Options
    That is a decent quote, assuming it includes destination, but you should be able to get it a little lower. That number is invoice plus destination plus $400. I've had quotes in that range but have been able to get them to invoice/destination. I am hoping that I can get them even lower than that, though. According to truecar.com, in looking at recent purchases across the country for this model, $37,500 seems to be the average price paid on their bell curve. BTW, that is a really neat site that can complement Edmunds TMV.

I'd just make sure you get out the door well south of 40k if your state sales tax will cooperate.

I'm not a dealer
  • Options
    aln1aln1 Member Posts: 23
    1) Seems high. I thought we should be shooting for below invoice.
    2) Haven't heard anything yet after the one ended for the 2009s
    3) Go check it out yourself! :) Sure you will have to spend some time driving to a dealership but I think it is best you try it out. Everyone will have different opinions. I test drove both 2WD and 4WD, climb in and out numerous times at two dealerships before I was satisfied.
  • Options
    tornadogtornadog Member Posts: 102
    I am looking at the LX model in Baton Rouge LA. What would be a good price on it?
  • Options
    Thanks for the info on trucar.com, very nice site.

I ran over there today and put a deposit down as I am trading in my clunker for cash (CARS). and wanted to reserve the vehicle they had on the lot.

I guess I'm not to concerned if I pay $500 more than I should. I work in sales so I like to give a little to them :)

I did get these options: front and rear chrome details, wheel well guards, crossbars, and bug deflector. They threw in the bug deflector.

I am considerign the rust proofing as they quoted me about 899.00 for that. I like that it dampens the noise and extends the rust warranty to 10 years.

My thought was that if I haggle less on the car price, then add options (that they install before I pick up) that I might get them to throw in the rust proofing.

what do you think about that?
  • Options
    aln1aln1 Member Posts: 23
    Rustproofing? Give a little? Haggle less and expect something for nothing after a said price? No one is going to give you something just because you have agree to pay more. Sounds like a dealer. Go ahead and pay MSRP.
  • Options
    Absoultely not a dealer here.

I did find out that my cost quoted includes the destination fee of $710 for MN so that would put me in the ballpark for what trucar.com said as a "good deal".

My point on the rustproofing is that they seem to haggle less on the optional items like crossbar et al.. So... knowing full well that they are making margin on these items that it would seem that once I got them down to a fair price on the car (somewhere around invoice) that I could haggle some on a option I could take or leave with more success.
  • Options
    jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    I didn't even think they were offering rustproofing anymore -- the new cars have 6-8 year warranties on rust. In fact some specifically say not to apply any coating because it would affect their warranty.The people who spray that stuff on are not certified honda techs. They get paid minimum wage to do a nasty job. Don't touch my new car with that goo!! Call honda and ask them if they think it's a good idea.
  • Options
    ark1214ark1214 Member Posts: 3
    Hello,

Can someone do an inventory check for a 2010 Touring w/NAV (no RES) Polished Metal Metallic with Black interior near 10804? There are very few Touring w/o RES and I can't find any with the color combo.

Thx.
  • Options
    bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    are you refering the AWD or FWD? How far will you travel?
  • Options
    Sorry, its for AWD.

Willing to travel up to 200miles or more if I can make a short vacation out of it :)
  • Options
    ark1214

Re '10 Touring AWD w/Nav only
    MSRP 38645, incl destination 39355
    Exterior : Polish Metal Metellic
    Interior : Black
    From Zip : 10804

Miles - Dealer Name - Town - State - Stock No.
    031 - Atlantic Honda - Bay Shore - NY - 102064
    154 - Colonial Honda - Dartmouth - MA - 10008

PS : Found another 2 same Touring w/Nav in Polish Metal Metellic but Interior color is UNKNOWN. Will let you know when they get back to me.

2 more in 2010 Touring AWD w/Nav are in Gray / Black combo... as I know there's no more gray color for 2010 so it should be Gray = Polish Metal Metellic
    Stock #
    43233 / Bobby Rahal Honda / Mechanicsburg / PA / 175 mi
    100021 / Westbrook Honda / Westbrook / Ct / 73 mi
  • Options
    Did you check Bernardi Honda in Natick/Framingham, MA (just outside of Boston)? They seem to be well stocked and give pretty fair price quotes.
  • Options
    ark1214

found one more ... 2010 Pilot Touring AWD w/Nav., Polish Metal Metallic / Black

Stock #
    109014X / Piazza Honda / Drexel Hill / PA / about 140 mi
  • Options
    cb35cb35 Member Posts: 27
    she is waiting until december when santa is going to give her $6,000 off invoice :shades:
  • Options
    teoteebobteoteebob Member Posts: 16
    Does anyone have any experience dealing with Concord Honda in Concord, NC? If so, I would appreciate any comments pro or con that you have on this dealership.

At their website, they do not let you look at their new car inventory. I wonder why some dealers do that. It is sort of a turn off to me. It is probably because if they don't have the car you are looking for, they try to get you interested in something else.

I'm still looking for a 2010 Pilot EX-L 2 WD, Dark Cherry Pearl with Beige interior. If anyone should know where one is located within 100 miles or so of Durham, please let me know. I have located a few but could not come to a meeting of the minds on the price.
  • Options
    teoteebobteoteebob Member Posts: 16
    This dealer is playing games with me and I will no longer consider them.
  • Options
    Your best bet to have the car you want is working out the best agreed price with your dealers near you to ordering one from Honda, and wait 2 - 3 months or so for your new car arrival. You might never find the color combo in special promotion price. Dealers use to name 1 to 3 stock numbers qualify for the printed ad. / promotion price and they are going fast and only for people who are flexible on color choice.

Negotiaion of price re delaer has one in stock-
    Never mention you color choise in the first place or you won't get the best pricing. After the deal is settled then mention the color combo you want as you knew they had one you want in stock.
  • Options
    Awesome, thx for the info.
  • Options
    When I got my 09 murano, we were looking for one that the dealer didn't have in stock. The one in the showroom was nice but a bit better equipped than the model he would have to trade for. While talking to him from home later that day I said -- give me an unbeatable price for the one in the showroom and I'll be up to get it today. I had been researching prices and talking to other dealers and his price was a full $1500 under anything I'd seen on any site or dealer quote. When I checked with the " we won't be undersold" mega dealer he said that they were playing games -- you couldn't buy that car for that price. He was wrong -- the price was totally righteous and there was no upsell at closing. Followed your advice bigdadi11 before I knew you were around. October 08 was the deal date.
  • Options
    I went to team honda and they had an 09 ex-l for 35595. i am also seeing richards honda next week. But the price seems quite high compared to what many of you are paying out here. And this was their red tag sale price. Should I start with the TMV pricing on here, or will they laugh me off? Also what price should I target for my 08 crv LX black driven 17000 miles and in excellent condition(KBB has a retail of 22500 and tradein of 17750).
  • Options
    Not a good time to buy or lease Piolt / Odyssey ... The price now is high because (end of Jun - early Jul) Honda stopped secrect incentive (stair-step, quota/target) and public known $1,500 marketing support manufacturer cash to dealer.
    The only bargain chip left is invoice less dealer holdback 2 - 3%.
  • Options
    rayzamrayzam Member Posts: 11
    Hi,
    For those living in Sothern California and still interested in 09 Pilot despite no more incentive, Riverside Honda is offering 09 EX-L with RES for around 31.3k including destination. Not impressive compared with prices reported here when incentives were in place, but that's still $1300 below invoice+destination. Hope it helps.
  • Options
    brad627brad627 Member Posts: 10
    i just purchased a 2wd silver touring pilot no res on saturday. the price was 34,164. 35,544 out the door. Autopark Honda in cary. they quoted me the best price in NC from the dealers ive been checking with. better than Bob Barbour in Greenville, Greensboro Honda, Southpoint and burlington honda. Very easy to work with. I checked truecar.com and felt comfortable with the price. Very happy with my pilot so far
  • Options
    These TMV pricing reports, are they before or after TTL? My dealer said he can get me an 09 EX-l w/ RES for 31 + tax and dest. IS that a good deal?
  • Options
    gd0073gd0073 Member Posts: 1
    I've been searching for a 2010 Pilot Touring with 4WD and no RES, hwoever, it has navigation. The best deal i've been offered so far is $35,100 down from invoice of $35,500. this $35,100 price includes destination charge. I am in the metro Boston area and have a few other dealerships I could go to (including S. New Hampshire). So far i've been to about 5 dealerships and this is the best price. Any thoughts on this price?
  • Options
    sweetrivrbanessweetrivrbanes Member Posts: 4
    Picked up a '10 Touring with RES at Proctor Honda in Tallahassee, Florida, this weekend. Paid a "fair" price--I wanted to act fast to get the colors I wanted, which were Polished Metal with Black interior.

Paid $35,905, OTD at $37K even. With destination of 710, invoice is $35,705, so my price was 200 over invoice. No trade in; cash deal.
  • Options
    sister5sister5 Member Posts: 1
    Does the car had rear DVD?
  • Options
    Any word on if the Dealers have a $1500 Cash incentive currently going on?
  • Options
    andy603andy603 Member Posts: 59
    to me this is good..anything within a few hundred bucks of invoice for a new model year car thats only been sitting on the lot for only a couple of weeks is pretty good. If you plan to finance, this is where you need to do more research. I'm finding that lease numbers vary (money rate) but residuals are the same (as expected). On the finance side, lowest I'm seeing direct from Acura/Honda is about 5.9 for 36 months. Personally, if after you've done your analysis and you're only a few hundred bucks off from one dealer to another and your monthly payment is about the same, i'd give the business to the dealer in my own state and pay a couple of hundred bucks more if necessary. Of course the dealer who seems the most honest is important too!
  • Options
    andy603andy603 Member Posts: 59
    I would agree based on what I'm seeing. I'd like to know how to find out about 'secret' incentives myself!?
  • Options
    contaxg2fancontaxg2fan Member Posts: 4
    Is this a good deal? I live in fairfax virginia
  • Options
    zuluwarriorzuluwarrior Member Posts: 22
    32814 is invoice including destination.
    Many dealers in my area are going 400 under invoice
    out the door with no processing "fees".
    Processing fees, documentation fees should be viewed as pure profit
    by you the consumer.

This dealer is making about 1000.00 in holdback on the vehicle
    plus the processing fee, which means you're at about 1400.00 profit
    at that price. Not a bad deal by any means, but you should be able
    to do about 600 or so better and this is based on there being NO incentive
    money whatsoever. I happen to believe the dealers are getting "something"
    even after the 1500 left a couple of weeks ago. I can't think of any other way
    "everyone" in our area would be at 400 under invoice without even really haggling.

If there is some incentive money, this dealer could be making 2 grand on it
    at that price........
  • Options
    jolugajoluga Member Posts: 2
    You are right, there are no 2009 Pilots anywhere around the DFW area, I thought I was the only one that noticed it, they are just gone, where don't know, I don't think they the dropped the prices and sold every single one, I'd been looking at them for the last couple of months and never saw any "deal" on them.
    Did they send them back to get "upgrades" and make them 2010? who knows..
    Now I'm looking to trade my 08' Pilot for a 2010.... checking everywhere to get a good deal..
  • Options
    bxxxmartinbxxxmartin Member Posts: 9
    2010 pilot 4wd touring with navi & dvd for $36800 pls taxes and tags. Price includes freight and dealer processing fee. Thoughts?
  • Options
    jolugajoluga Member Posts: 2
    Price sounds right for what tou are getting, check for any incentives if you are going a trade in any other car, depending on your state you can get up to $7500 dlls from cash for clashers or air clean program
  • Options
    2010 Honda Ex for $29628 "after" TT&L with tradein of 08 CRV LX($16000). Is this an ok deal, I wish I could get more on the CRV since its in excellent shape and only has 17500 miles on it.
  • Options
    contaxg2fancontaxg2fan Member Posts: 4
    Thanks zulu, where are you located? I got 3 quotes from our local dealer. This is the lowest one. I tried to get the other ones to match or beat this one and was unsuccessful. Most 09 are gone and they don't have incentive anyway, so make no sence to buy 09 model now.
  • Options
    le3s9hsle3s9hs Member Posts: 3
    I start to look for a Toyota Higlander. It uses timing chain instead of timing belt and does not have bad record of transmission failures. Prices are very competative w/ Honda Pilot.
    I am tired with price game.
    Good luck !!!
    Buying Pilot, we should buy extened warranty to prevent the cost of repair of trainee. It will add up the OTD price.
  • Options
    litlinlitlin Member Posts: 11
    HI, I am at the end of my honda pilot lease and the buyback is 17500 for 2006 (no leather so EX right?) with 16k miles, tint, roof rack. Is that a good price? is it negotiable? I know a friend who bought used honda 2006 pilot LX , leather, sun roof, 45k miles, for 18,500.

or

should I lease new pilot?

or

should I purchase new pilot.

Please help
  • Options
    munkmunk Member Posts: 7
    Couldn't get the dealer to budge from invoice, which was $34,194 (including delivery). Thoughts?
  • Options
    JBaumgartJBaumgart Member Posts: 890
    Obviously they believe they can sell it for invoice. What would they do on a 2010? Also curious which dealer you are negotiating with as I am in the Twin Cities area also - and have you tried any others?
  • Options
    Total up how much you put down, taxes,fees, and total payments. Add that to the buyout and compare it to the cap cost. That will tell you how much you are actually paid for your 06. Now assume you borrow the full $17500 for 3 or 4 years and calculate the total cost including interest and sales tax. Look at all the numbers and figure what you paid for your 06 compared to financing the cap cost when it was new.
    You have a nice reliable vehicle and only put 5k miles on it a year. At 10 years you will only have 50k miles. My 03 jeep liberty has 25k miles. Have read posts of those going 170k miles without a problem. Am keeping mine for at least 4 more years. Keep the oil changed -you probably won't even need brakes. Change the trans fluid and antifreeze at 5 years. Belts as well. You should have 4 years of driving with no payments if you keep it.Of course you will be driving an old car. But old doesn't have to be bad. Just throwing out some stuff to consider. Probably no absolute right answer.
  • Options
    blu3oneblu3one Member Posts: 1
    :cry:

I live in the Philadelphia area and I've been reading over the boards. The Pilot will be the first brand new car I've ever owned. Right now I'm totally confused as to why the 2009's are going for only 2-3 K less than the 2010. Why would I want to buy a 2009 for 31,500 when I can get a 2010 for 32,355- from the same dealer. I have not sat down and negotiated with anyone in person yet, as my wife was trying to decide between several vehicles and came back to the Pilot. While I am not expecting to steal the Pilot, the dealers act as if the current economy is not hurting them. I realize Civics and hybrids will fly out the door because of C.A.R.S. but whose going to buy a 2009 Pilot for $900 less than a 2010? Here are the internet quotes without taxes and tags or other fees I have gathered so far:

2009 Ex-L
    $29,600 --- 31,388 ---- 31443

2010 Ex-L 33,314 -- 32,800 -- 32,355 -- 32,604
  • Options
    logs1logs1 Member Posts: 10
    Looking at leasing or purchasing a 2010 Pilot EX-L 4WD Auto, accessories consist of running boards with lights and moon roof visor. Trade is an older Range Rover that qualifies for a $4,500 trade in credit (which is more than the vehicle is worth).

In the past this forum has been extremely helpful in helping me buy/lease several cars at fantastic deals. For the 2010 Pilot, are there any specific lease deals that I should be looking at? 24 vs. 36 month term? Any outstanding financing deals that would steer me to a buy decision?

If a forum member could share any details on a '10 Pilot EX-L lease it would be a great help and starting point. Typically, the data below is what I would need to feel good about putting a deal together, and I have always posted specific details about my OTD final deals (see my history).

Thank you in advance.

Detailed numbers that I need help with:
    MSRP - $37,092
    Cap Costs = $
    Term =
    Rate - or - lease factor =
    Residual =
    Adjusted residual value =
    miles allowed =
    doc fee - dealer air fee =

Thanks again.