2015 Toyota RAV4 Lease Questions

12467

Comments

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 193,305
    evanslike said:

    Are rates based on state the car is purchased or registered?
    Do you have the rates for MD

    Thanks

    The dealer has to use their local rates, not the state where you will be registering the car.

    Looks like the MF for the Central Atlantic region is (whoops!) .00075

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • calccatcalccat Member Posts: 14
    Wow! This is a fab resource!

    Would you by any chance know the residuals and MF for 2015 Rav4 XLE in Florida, MSRP $26,190, capcost $24,577?

    Also, how does the SETF tier system factor into the MF? I have Experian & Equifax both above 760.

    Thanks again for this great info.
  • calccatcalccat Member Posts: 14
    Oops... forgot to say for 24 months.
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 193,305
    calccat said:

    Wow! This is a fab resource!

    Would you by any chance know the residuals and MF for 2015 Rav4 XLE in Florida, MSRP $26,190, capcost $24,577?

    Also, how does the SETF tier system factor into the MF? I have Experian & Equifax both above 760.

    Thanks again for this great info.

    calccat said:

    Oops... forgot to say for 24 months.

    24/15 residual for XLE is 72%; SETF MF is .00023 for 24 months.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • encbelleencbelle Member Posts: 3
    I was wondering mf and residual for 2015 rav4 2wd in NC.? 24MO/15 OR 36mo/15 lease
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 197,927
    encbelle said:

    I was wondering mf and residual for 2015 rav4 2wd in NC.? 24MO/15 OR 36mo/15 lease

    LE, XLE or Limited?

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • abethegeekabethegeek Member Posts: 22
    Hi, what are the values (residual/MF) for FWD XLE and Limtied. 36/12k in Texas? Thanks in advance!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 197,927

    Hi, what are the values (residual/MF) for FWD XLE and Limtied. 36/12k in Texas? Thanks in advance!

    .00075 MF and 65%/63% residual for XLE/LTD

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • calccatcalccat Member Posts: 14
    Thanks! Just to be sure I'm understanding correctly, a MF of 0.00023 is equivalent to an APR of 0.55%. That seems super low. Or is it 0.0023 = 5.5%? Still trying to understand all this.

    Thanks again.
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 193,305
    calccat said:

    Thanks! Just to be sure I'm understanding correctly, a MF of 0.00023 is equivalent to an APR of 0.55%. That seems super low. Or is it 0.0023 = 5.5%? Still trying to understand all this.

    Thanks again.

    Nope, it's the former (3 zeros). And yes, that's pretty cheap.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • borafsarborafsar Member Posts: 53
    Had an interesting exprience with the Toyota dealers in Denver yesterday.

    First of all the 36 month 15k residual for 2015 Limited AWD is 61%. In Toyota Financial Services language 15k miles a year means standard residual and 12k miles is low mileage residual. So @Michaell and @kyfdx when you guys are looking at the numbers from Toyota low number refers to 12k and standard number refers to 15k residual.

    The interesting bit is that they use the retail price for calculating the end of lease value of the car. They do not use the MSRP but they use the retail price so any option that you have on the car (tech package, blizzard pearl package etc) and the $885 delivery are not residualized, which effectively lowers the residual to 59% or so. I have been involved in many car leases and never I have seen the residual calculated based on the retail price of the car instead of the MSRP.

    Toyota also does not include the gap insurance to their leases so you have the pay for it additionally which adds another $15 or $20 to the monthly payments. So just a heads-up to anyone looking for a Toyota lease, if you do your own math before going into the dealership you are in for a surprise...
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 193,305
    borafsar said:
    Had an interesting exprience with the Toyota dealers in Denver yesterday. First of all the 36 month 15k residual for 2015 Limited AWD is 61%. In Toyota Financial Services language 15k miles a year means standard residual and 12k miles is low mileage residual. So @Michaell and @kyfdx when you guys are looking at the numbers from Toyota low number refers to 12k and standard number refers to 15k residual. The interesting bit is that they use the retail price for calculating the end of lease value of the car. They do not use the MSRP but they use the retail price so any option that you have on the car (tech package, blizzard pearl package etc) and the $885 delivery are not residualized, which effectively lowers the residual to 59% or so. I have been involved in many car leases and never I have seen the residual calculated based on the retail price of the car instead of the MSRP. Toyota also does not include the gap insurance to their leases so you have the pay for it additionally which adds another $15 or $20 to the monthly payments. So just a heads-up to anyone looking for a Toyota lease, if you do your own math before going into the dealership you are in for a surprise...
    We are aware that Toyota doesn't residualize their options, but the exclusion of the delivery charge is news to me. 

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • ral2167ral2167 ohioMember Posts: 791
    Can't you just get Gap insurance from your insurance agent? It's cheaper.
  • evanslikeevanslike Member Posts: 34
    Can I please get the numbers an LE and XLE AWD in the Central Atlantic and the Northeast
    36/15k

    Is the $500 Cashback applicable to leases or only cash purchase?

    Thanks
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 193,305
    evanslike said:

    Can I please get the numbers an LE and XLE AWD in the Central Atlantic and the Northeast
    36/15k

    Is the $500 Cashback applicable to leases or only cash purchase?

    Thanks

    LE - 64%
    XLE - 63%

    NE area - .00062 MF
    Central Atlantic - .00075 MF

    I don't see any lease cash available.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • bmrowebmrowe Member Posts: 11
    Hi there,

    Would anyone happen to have XLE AWD 2/24 and 3/36 residual and money factor for the Wisconsin area?

    Thanks a ton!
  • raj66raj66 Member Posts: 8
    Can I please get the MF and Residual numbers for XLE AWD and Limited AWD for Ohio valley ( Cincinnati Area )?
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 193,305
    raj66 said:

    Can I please get the MF and Residual numbers for XLE AWD and Limited AWD for Ohio valley ( Cincinnati Area )?

    What lease term and how many miles per year?

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • raj66raj66 Member Posts: 8
    36months and 12K /year
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 193,305
    raj66 said:

    Can I please get the MF and Residual numbers for XLE AWD and Limited AWD for Ohio valley ( Cincinnati Area )?

    raj66 said:

    36months and 12K /year

    XLE - 65%
    Limited - 63%

    .00055 MF

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • tinkertottertinkertotter Member Posts: 7
    First, thanks for the resources on this page. After reading through the tips, my wife and I were set on getting her a RAV4 XLE for around 250-275 per month. The dealer has sat at $302 per month at 36 months with TT&L down. Purchase price of $25,556.

    I feel like the purchase price should be closer to $24,500, and payments close to $250.00.

    Purchase price and payments just seem high to me - any opinions?

    Thanks!
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 193,305

    First, thanks for the resources on this page. After reading through the tips, my wife and I were set on getting her a RAV4 XLE for around 250-275 per month. The dealer has sat at $302 per month at 36 months with TT&L down. Purchase price of $25,556.

    I feel like the purchase price should be closer to $24,500, and payments close to $250.00.

    Purchase price and payments just seem high to me - any opinions?

    Thanks!

    We don't track selling prices, so we can't comment on whether yours is good, bad or somewhere in the middle.

    You can use the price tools at the top of the page - make / model / year - to help you set a target.

    FWIW, every $1000 off the selling price translates to about a $28/mo reduction in the monthly payment.

    Ask the dealer what the net cap cost is, and also the MSRP.

    Where are you located?

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • tinkertottertinkertotter Member Posts: 7
    Michaell said:

    First, thanks for the resources on this page. After reading through the tips, my wife and I were set on getting her a RAV4 XLE for around 250-275 per month. The dealer has sat at $302 per month at 36 months with TT&L down. Purchase price of $25,556.

    I feel like the purchase price should be closer to $24,500, and payments close to $250.00.

    Purchase price and payments just seem high to me - any opinions?

    Thanks!

    We don't track selling prices, so we can't comment on whether yours is good, bad or somewhere in the middle.

    You can use the price tools at the top of the page - make / model / year - to help you set a target.

    FWIW, every $1000 off the selling price translates to about a $28/mo reduction in the monthly payment.

    Ask the dealer what the net cap cost is, and also the MSRP.

    Where are you located?
    Sorry, we're in Dallas. I believe he had the MSRP at $26,415.00. I didn't see the net cap, but have emailed him to ask.
  • tinkertottertinkertotter Member Posts: 7
    After continuing to push him, we got the payments down to $286.00 per month. I'm satisfied.
  • raj66raj66 Member Posts: 8
    raj66 said:

    Can I please get the MF and Residual numbers for XLE AWD and Limited AWD for Ohio valley ( Cincinnati Area )?

    After continuing to push him, we got the payments down to $286.00 per month. I'm satisfied.

    Congrats. What did you pay as down payment? Any trade-in?
  • tinkertottertinkertotter Member Posts: 7
    $2k down. No trade
  • doctord33doctord33 Member Posts: 14
    Thanks for all your outstanding work on here Michaell. The information you provide is invaluable. I'm looking for the MF and residual numbers on an XLE AWD in suburban Chicago? Looking at 12k/36 mos. Many thanks.
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 193,305
    doctord33 said:

    Thanks for all your outstanding work on here Michaell. The information you provide is invaluable. I'm looking for the MF and residual numbers on an XLE AWD in suburban Chicago? Looking at 12k/36 mos. Many thanks.

    65% and .00055

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • thomasicethomasice Member Posts: 1
    Can I get the MF and RV for 2015 RAV4 XLE FWD in Miami, Florida for 36/12K?
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 193,305
    thomasice said:

    Can I get the MF and RV for 2015 RAV4 XLE FWD in Miami, Florida for 36/12K?

    65% and .00147 MF

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • calccatcalccat Member Posts: 14
    Michaell said:

    calccat said:

    Thanks! Just to be sure I'm understanding correctly, a MF of 0.00023 is equivalent to an APR of 0.55%. That seems super low. Or is it 0.0023 = 5.5%? Still trying to understand all this.

    Thanks again.

    Nope, it's the former (3 zeros). And yes, that's pretty cheap.
    Thanks for that! Do you know if the July money factor & residual are still:

    24/15 residual for XLE is 72%; SETF MF is .00023 for 24 months.

    You wouldn't happen to know the same info for a Prius V Four by any chance?

    Thank you so much!
  • festivus56festivus56 Member Posts: 11
    edited July 2015
    Thanks for all of the good info on this site. Can you provide MF and residual for RAV 4 Limited in Southern California (San Diego). 36 month 12k/yr Any lease cash? Looking for July #'s. Thanks again.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 197,927

    Thanks for all of the good info on this site. Can you provide MF and residual for RAV 4 Limited in Southern California (San Diego). 36 month 12k/yr Any lease cash? Looking for July #'s. Thanks again.

    .00004 MF and 63% residual.

    No info on any possible incentives

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • festivus56festivus56 Member Posts: 11
    Thank you
  • festivus56festivus56 Member Posts: 11
    I noticed that there are a number of Toyota promotions for leases that expire on July 6. We were going to do our lease later this month but could do it sooner if those rates are better than the ones forecasted for later this month. Do you know if it would be better to lease before the July 6 date? or is that the dealer's attempt to close the deal?
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 193,305

    I noticed that there are a number of Toyota promotions for leases that expire on July 6. We were going to do our lease later this month but could do it sooner if those rates are better than the ones forecasted for later this month. Do you know if it would be better to lease before the July 6 date? or is that the dealer's attempt to close the deal?

    The numbers expire tomorrow, and we can't tell you if the new numbers will be better or worse. It's a bit of a gamble, but I do know that dealers seem to be pushing for as many holiday weekend sales as they can make.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • voicemailkingvoicemailking Member Posts: 83
    Completed a lease deal in South Florida yesterday, was it a good deal?? 2015 Rav 4 XLE with automatic hatch (not too many of the XLE's have them). Sticker was $26974, selling price was $25447. Did 36 months 12,000 miles per year, no money down or out of pocket but used a $500.00 lease loyalty coupon. Monthly with taxes for 35 payments is $287.21. It was the best deal I could find, please give some feedback, thanks!
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 193,305
    Completed a lease deal in South Florida yesterday, was it a good deal?? 2015 Rav 4 XLE with automatic hatch (not too many of the XLE's have them). Sticker was $26974, selling price was $25447. Did 36 months 12,000 miles per year, no money down or out of pocket but used a $500.00 lease loyalty coupon. Monthly with taxes for 35 payments is $287.21. It was the best deal I could find, please give some feedback, thanks!
    Seems a good deal. Enjoy!

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • bmrowebmrowe Member Posts: 11
    How soon should we see new numbers for July? I was mid-deal and curious to see if things stay the same numbers-wise.

    Thanks!
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 193,305
    bmrowe said:

    How soon should we see new numbers for July? I was mid-deal and curious to see if things stay the same numbers-wise.

    Thanks!

    We have some limited information .. what trim level, lease term, miles per year and state?

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • bmrowebmrowe Member Posts: 11
    Michaell said:

    bmrowe said:

    How soon should we see new numbers for July? I was mid-deal and curious to see if things stay the same numbers-wise.

    Thanks!

    We have some limited information .. what trim level, lease term, miles per year and state?
    XLE, 24 or 36 month (24 mo was cheaper last month), 12k miles, Wisconsin. Thanks!
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 193,305
    bmrowe said:

    Michaell said:

    bmrowe said:

    How soon should we see new numbers for July? I was mid-deal and curious to see if things stay the same numbers-wise.

    Thanks!

    We have some limited information .. what trim level, lease term, miles per year and state?
    XLE, 24 or 36 month (24 mo was cheaper last month), 12k miles, Wisconsin. Thanks!
    71% and .00011 for 24/12

    62% and .00037 for 36/12

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • bmrowebmrowe Member Posts: 11
    Michaell said:

    bmrowe said:

    Michaell said:

    bmrowe said:

    How soon should we see new numbers for July? I was mid-deal and curious to see if things stay the same numbers-wise.

    Thanks!

    We have some limited information .. what trim level, lease term, miles per year and state?
    XLE, 24 or 36 month (24 mo was cheaper last month), 12k miles, Wisconsin. Thanks!
    71% and .00011 for 24/12

    62% and .00037 for 36/12
    Thanks! I know there was a $500 credit on 24 month leases - is that still around?
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 193,305
    bmrowe said:

    Michaell said:

    bmrowe said:

    Michaell said:

    bmrowe said:

    How soon should we see new numbers for July? I was mid-deal and curious to see if things stay the same numbers-wise.

    Thanks!

    We have some limited information .. what trim level, lease term, miles per year and state?
    XLE, 24 or 36 month (24 mo was cheaper last month), 12k miles, Wisconsin. Thanks!
    71% and .00011 for 24/12

    62% and .00037 for 36/12
    Thanks! I know there was a $500 credit on 24 month leases - is that still around?
    Looks like that dropped to $450 in July.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • surbas100surbas100 Cleveland Member Posts: 18
    edited July 2015
    Working on a deal for a 2015 RAV4 Limited AWD in Cleveland, Ohio. Here's the deal:
    MSRP $32,470
    Negotiated Selling price $30,353
    Residual $19,482
    MF 0.00166667 This is Toyota Tier 3, my credit isn't so good that's the best they could do so I was told.
    Sales tax is 6.75%

    Can I get a monthly payment estimate 36/12k

    They're not giving me $750 cash back.
    Shouldn't I be entitled to that since I don't qualify for Tier I plus?

    Not sure if this is a fair deal or not.

    Scott
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 197,927
    surbas100 said:

    Working on a deal for a 2015 RAV4 Limited AWD in Cleveland, Ohio. Here's the deal:
    MSRP $32,470
    Negotiated Selling price $30,353
    Residual $19,482
    MF 0.00166667 This is Toyota Tier 3, my credit isn't so good that's the best they could do so I was told.
    Sales tax is 6.75%

    Can I get a monthly payment estimate 36/12k

    They're not giving me $750 cash back.
    Shouldn't I be entitled to that since I don't qualify for Tier I plus?

    Not sure if this is a fair deal or not.

    Scott

    I get about $411/mo. including tax.

    No idea on the incentives, sorry.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • Kenny2018Kenny2018 Member Posts: 10
    Does anyone know the residual and mf for a 2015 RAV4 lease for limited AWD and XLE in Maryland for July. Thank you,
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 193,305
    ronb1964 said:

    Does anyone know the residual and mf for a 2015 RAV4 lease for limited AWD and XLE in Maryland for July. Thank you,

    What lease term and how many miles per year?

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • Kenny2018Kenny2018 Member Posts: 10
    3 years and either 10,000 miles or 12,000 miles
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 197,927
    ronb1964 said:

    Does anyone know the residual and mf for a 2015 RAV4 lease for limited AWD and XLE in Maryland for July. Thank you,

    ronb1964 said:

    3 years and either 10,000 miles or 12,000 miles

    .00075 MF and 62% XLE or 60% Limited for 36mo, 12K/yr

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

Sign In or Register to comment.