Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently leased or purchased a Lexus sedan or SUV? If so, a reporter would like to talk to you. Please reach out to [email protected] by Wednesday, December 19 and the Edmunds PR team may connect you with the journalist.
Have you recently purchased (not leased) a subcompact sedan (such as a Toyota Yaris, Honda Fit, Chevy Sonic or Ford Fiesta)? If so, a reporter would like to talk to you. Please reach out to [email protected] by Wednesday, December 26 and the Edmunds PR team may connect you with the journalist.
If you experience loading issues with the login/register form, please completely disable ad blocker or use an incognito or in-private window to log in.

2015 Porsche Cayenne Lease Questions

jdpvjdpv Posts: 1
edited May 2015 in Porsche
Hi, I am interested in leasing a new 2015 Cayenne S for 3-years, 15k miles/year. I am Tier 1 credit. Do you know what is the residual percentage value I should expect?

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 100,631
    Sorry... no Porsche information for this quarter.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• amri2amri2 Posts: 4
    Can you help me with the MRM for 2015 Cayenne Diesel?

Thanks.
    amri2 said:

Thanks.

Sorry, but we don't have any current Porsche lease info

Edmunds Moderator

• amri2amri2 Posts: 4
    kyfdx said:

amri2 said:

Thanks.

If you happen to have the most recent info for this car, that will be useful for comparison.
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 90,605
    amri2 said:

kyfdx said:

amri2 said:

Thanks.

If you happen to have the most recent info for this car, that will be useful for comparison.
    The base Porsche MF is .00200, and has been for some time.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know!

2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• jddssc121jddssc121 Posts: 113
    Any chance you have numbers for a 2015 diesel at 36/15?
    jddssc121 said:

Any chance you have numbers for a 2015 diesel at 36/15?

We haven't see numbers from Porsche since late last year.

But, the standard MF has been .00200 for quite some time.

Couldn't even guess at a residual amount, sorry.

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 8,395
    edited May 2015
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Porsche Cayenne Lease Questions.

Edmunds Moderator

Need some roadside assistance? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Just purchased or leased a vehicle? Share your vehicle reviews

PF_Flyer's 2014 Versa Note Long Term Blog
    How To Start Your Own Long Term Blog

• dalemadalema Posts: 62
    Hi. For a Cayenne S and Cayenne GTS - do you have MF and residual for 24, 36, 39 months lease at 7.500 and 10,000 miles. Thanks!
    dalema said:
    Hi. For a Cayenne S and Cayenne GTS - do you have MF and residual for 24, 36, 39 months lease at 7.500 and 10,000 miles. Thanks!
    No Porsche numbers this quarter. Standard MF is .00200. 

• Do you have the MF and residual for a 2016 Cayenne for 36 months/12k miles.

Do you have the MF and residual for a 2016 Cayenne for 36 months/12k miles.

Sorry.. we haven't received any Porsche numbers.

Edmunds Moderator

• sjl225sjl225 Posts: 29
    Hello again Kyfdx,

Would you happen to have the latest MF's and residuals for the Porsche Cayenne SE-Hybrid....24, and 36m/12k p/y and any incentives, incl loyalty?

Thank you very much!

sjl225 said:

Hello again Kyfdx,

Would you happen to have the latest MF's and residuals for the Porsche Cayenne SE-Hybrid....24, and 36m/12k p/y and any incentives, incl loyalty?

Thank you very much!

We haven't seen any Porsche numbers for over a year now ... sorry.

• sjl225sjl225 Posts: 29
    Thanks anyway Michaell
  • Hi, any MF residual info on 2016 Cayenne S or GTS? 7.5k/36m. Thanks so much.
    beero29 said:

Hi, any MF residual info on 2016 Cayenne S or GTS? 7.5k/36m. Thanks so much.

Sadly, we haven't see no any Porsche lease numbers in over a year.

• Hi all, any chance you have the mf and residual for a 2016 cayenne turbo for 10k/36? Thanks!

Hi all, any chance you have the mf and residual for a 2016 cayenne turbo for 10k/36? Thanks!

We haven't seen Porsche numbers in quite some time, sorry.

• nydesi80nydesi80 Posts: 13
    I need help in analyzing these 3 deals for a Cayenne S Hybrid. The first deal is on Car A and the last two is on Car B (same exact car) from 2 different dealers. I don't understand why the base monthly payment on a more expensive car (Car A) is not much different then Car B if they are all claiming it's set up the same way. 

Also so why are the two different deals for Car B presented below slightly different? 

The price we agreed to was 14% off MSRP including the federal tax rebate / 39 months / 10k miles. I'm in NM and my tax rate is 5.125%. The leases have the wrong taxes in the box but please pay attention to the base monthly payments. 

Thank You

nydesi80 said:

I need help in analyzing these 3 deals for a Cayenne S Hybrid. The first deal is on Car A and the last two is on Car B (same exact car) from 2 different dealers. I don't understand why the base monthly payment on a more expensive car (Car A) is not much different then Car B if they are all claiming it's set up the same way. 

Also so why are the two different deals for Car B presented below slightly different? 

The price we agreed to was 14% off MSRP including the federal tax rebate / 39 months / 10k miles. I'm in NM and my tax rate is 5.125%. The leases have the wrong taxes in the box but please pay attention to the base monthly payments. 

Thank You

A couple of points to note:

1. The MF is different on all three deals - for A, it's .00250, B is .00220 and C is .00200. That will vary the payment
    2. Porsche (along with other brands) have this concept known as MRM (Maximum Residualized MSRP). What that means is that if your MSRP (with all the options) is higher than this amount, you pay 100% of that delta in the life of the lease. For A, this means that the $3405 difference between your MSRP and the MRM is covered in the 39 month lease term - or, about $87/mo. I don't see an MRM number on deals B and C, but I'm pretty sure they are coming into play in the lease calculations.

Unfortunately, we don't have the numbers for Porsche - haven't had them in quite a while. But, I do seem to remember that the standard MF was .00200, so it's possible that both deals A and B have the MF marked up for extra profit.

@nydesi80 @michaell

That's close... MRM = Maximum Residualized MSRP

You don't pay the difference between actual MSRP and MRM. It's just that the residual is based on the MRM, not the actual MSRP (assuming actual is greater than MRM).

So, as a result, the residual is lower by the difference, multiplied by the residual percentage.

In the case of example A, this reduces the residual by ($3405 X .57), or $1940.85. That increases your depreciation by the same amount, and a corresponding increase in your payment.

The lease is a lot more cost effective if you pick a car out that has an MSRP under the MRM.

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

@nydesi80 @michaell

That's close... MRM = Maximum Residualized MSRP

You don't pay the difference between actual MSRP and MRM. It's just that the residual is based on the MRM, not the actual MSRP (assuming actual is greater than MRM).

So, as a result, the residual is lower by the difference, multiplied by the residual percentage.

In the case of example A, this reduces the residual by ($3405 X .57), or $1940.85. That increases your depreciation by the same amount, and a corresponding increase in your payment.

The lease is a lot more cost effective if you pick a car out that has an MSRP under the MRM.

Thanks for the clarification. So, instead of $87/mo, it's only $50/mo extra.

Yes I'm aware of the MRM and on this car the MRM is set to $92,100. However I thought if you negotiate the selling price of the car below the MRM, regardless of what the MSRP is, it won't matter? 
    Both dealers B and C are pricing the same car for me. I would like to purchase the car from dealer C. He's giving me the better rate then the other two. But I don't understand why his deal is not yielding a lower monthly payment then Dealer B (which is for the same car with exact same MSRP). 
    nydesi80 said:
    Yes I'm aware of the MRM and on this car the MRM is set to $92,100. However I thought if you negotiate the selling price of the car below the MRM, regardless of what the MSRP is, it won't matter? 
    No, because the residual is based off the MSRP. You still want a low sale price to make the depreciation part of the payment as small as possible. 

Ok got it. But then why is deal C not significantly lower then deal B? 
    nydesi80 said:

Ok got it. But then why is deal C not significantly lower then deal B? 

Because the "adjusted cap cost" is $2500 higher for C than it is for B, which negates a lot of the MF delta.

If deal C was structured the same way as deal B with the better money factor what would my monthly payment be? 
    nydesi80 said:

If deal C was structured the same way as deal B with the better money factor what would my monthly payment be? 

Deal C already has the better money factor, plus it's a more expensive unit. Plus, it's almost the exact same price.. Not sure why you'd want to change it to be more like Deal B?

Edmunds Moderator