Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Porsche Cayenne Lease Questions

jdpvjdpv Member Posts: 1
edited May 2015 in Porsche
Hi, I am interested in leasing a new 2015 Cayenne S for 3-years, 15k miles/year. I am Tier 1 credit. Do you know what is the residual percentage value I should expect?

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175
    Sorry... no Porsche information for this quarter.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• amri2amri2 Member Posts: 4
    Can you help me with the MRM for 2015 Cayenne Diesel?

Thanks.
    amri2 said:

Thanks.

Sorry, but we don't have any current Porsche lease info

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• amri2amri2 Member Posts: 4
    kyfdx said:

amri2 said:

Thanks.

If you happen to have the most recent info for this car, that will be useful for comparison.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,057
    amri2 said:

kyfdx said:

amri2 said:

Thanks.

If you happen to have the most recent info for this car, that will be useful for comparison.
    The base Porsche MF is .00200, and has been for some time.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• jddssc121jddssc121 Member Posts: 151
    Any chance you have numbers for a 2015 diesel at 36/15?
    jddssc121 said:

Any chance you have numbers for a 2015 diesel at 36/15?

We haven't see numbers from Porsche since late last year.

But, the standard MF has been .00200 for quite some time.

Couldn't even guess at a residual amount, sorry.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    edited May 2015
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Porsche Cayenne Lease Questions.
  • dalemadalema Member Posts: 91
    Hi. For a Cayenne S and Cayenne GTS - do you have MF and residual for 24, 36, 39 months lease at 7.500 and 10,000 miles. Thanks!
    dalema said:
    Hi. For a Cayenne S and Cayenne GTS - do you have MF and residual for 24, 36, 39 months lease at 7.500 and 10,000 miles. Thanks!
    No Porsche numbers this quarter. Standard MF is .00200. 

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Krypto2210Krypto2210 Member Posts: 7
    Do you have the MF and residual for a 2016 Cayenne for 36 months/12k miles.

Do you have the MF and residual for a 2016 Cayenne for 36 months/12k miles.

Sorry.. we haven't received any Porsche numbers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• sjl225sjl225 Member Posts: 29
    Hello again Kyfdx,

Would you happen to have the latest MF's and residuals for the Porsche Cayenne SE-Hybrid....24, and 36m/12k p/y and any incentives, incl loyalty?

Thank you very much!

sjl225 said:

Hello again Kyfdx,

Would you happen to have the latest MF's and residuals for the Porsche Cayenne SE-Hybrid....24, and 36m/12k p/y and any incentives, incl loyalty?

Thank you very much!

We haven't seen any Porsche numbers for over a year now ... sorry.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• sjl225sjl225 Member Posts: 29
    Thanks anyway Michaell
  • beero29beero29 Member Posts: 9
    Hi, any MF residual info on 2016 Cayenne S or GTS? 7.5k/36m. Thanks so much.
    beero29 said:

Hi, any MF residual info on 2016 Cayenne S or GTS? 7.5k/36m. Thanks so much.

Sadly, we haven't see no any Porsche lease numbers in over a year.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• carsearcher18carsearcher18 Member Posts: 27
    Hi all, any chance you have the mf and residual for a 2016 cayenne turbo for 10k/36? Thanks!

Hi all, any chance you have the mf and residual for a 2016 cayenne turbo for 10k/36? Thanks!

We haven't seen Porsche numbers in quite some time, sorry.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• nydesi80nydesi80 Member Posts: 13
    I need help in analyzing these 3 deals for a Cayenne S Hybrid. The first deal is on Car A and the last two is on Car B (same exact car) from 2 different dealers. I don't understand why the base monthly payment on a more expensive car (Car A) is not much different then Car B if they are all claiming it's set up the same way. 

Also so why are the two different deals for Car B presented below slightly different? 

The price we agreed to was 14% off MSRP including the federal tax rebate / 39 months / 10k miles. I'm in NM and my tax rate is 5.125%. The leases have the wrong taxes in the box but please pay attention to the base monthly payments. 

Thank You

nydesi80 said:

I need help in analyzing these 3 deals for a Cayenne S Hybrid. The first deal is on Car A and the last two is on Car B (same exact car) from 2 different dealers. I don't understand why the base monthly payment on a more expensive car (Car A) is not much different then Car B if they are all claiming it's set up the same way. 

Also so why are the two different deals for Car B presented below slightly different? 

The price we agreed to was 14% off MSRP including the federal tax rebate / 39 months / 10k miles. I'm in NM and my tax rate is 5.125%. The leases have the wrong taxes in the box but please pay attention to the base monthly payments. 

Thank You

A couple of points to note:

1. The MF is different on all three deals - for A, it's .00250, B is .00220 and C is .00200. That will vary the payment
    2. Porsche (along with other brands) have this concept known as MRM (Maximum Residualized MSRP). What that means is that if your MSRP (with all the options) is higher than this amount, you pay 100% of that delta in the life of the lease. For A, this means that the $3405 difference between your MSRP and the MRM is covered in the 39 month lease term - or, about $87/mo. I don't see an MRM number on deals B and C, but I'm pretty sure they are coming into play in the lease calculations.

Unfortunately, we don't have the numbers for Porsche - haven't had them in quite a while. But, I do seem to remember that the standard MF was .00200, so it's possible that both deals A and B have the MF marked up for extra profit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@nydesi80 @michaell

That's close... MRM = Maximum Residualized MSRP

You don't pay the difference between actual MSRP and MRM. It's just that the residual is based on the MRM, not the actual MSRP (assuming actual is greater than MRM).

So, as a result, the residual is lower by the difference, multiplied by the residual percentage.

In the case of example A, this reduces the residual by ($3405 X .57), or $1940.85. That increases your depreciation by the same amount, and a corresponding increase in your payment.

The lease is a lot more cost effective if you pick a car out that has an MSRP under the MRM.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

@nydesi80 @michaell

That's close... MRM = Maximum Residualized MSRP

You don't pay the difference between actual MSRP and MRM. It's just that the residual is based on the MRM, not the actual MSRP (assuming actual is greater than MRM).

So, as a result, the residual is lower by the difference, multiplied by the residual percentage.

In the case of example A, this reduces the residual by ($3405 X .57), or $1940.85. That increases your depreciation by the same amount, and a corresponding increase in your payment.

The lease is a lot more cost effective if you pick a car out that has an MSRP under the MRM.

Thanks for the clarification. So, instead of $87/mo, it's only $50/mo extra.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Yes I'm aware of the MRM and on this car the MRM is set to $92,100. However I thought if you negotiate the selling price of the car below the MRM, regardless of what the MSRP is, it won't matter? 
    Both dealers B and C are pricing the same car for me. I would like to purchase the car from dealer C. He's giving me the better rate then the other two. But I don't understand why his deal is not yielding a lower monthly payment then Dealer B (which is for the same car with exact same MSRP). 
    nydesi80 said:
    Yes I'm aware of the MRM and on this car the MRM is set to $92,100. However I thought if you negotiate the selling price of the car below the MRM, regardless of what the MSRP is, it won't matter? 
    No, because the residual is based off the MSRP. You still want a low sale price to make the depreciation part of the payment as small as possible. 

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Ok got it. But then why is deal C not significantly lower then deal B? 
    nydesi80 said:

Ok got it. But then why is deal C not significantly lower then deal B? 

Because the "adjusted cap cost" is $2500 higher for C than it is for B, which negates a lot of the MF delta.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

If deal C was structured the same way as deal B with the better money factor what would my monthly payment be? 
    nydesi80 said:

If deal C was structured the same way as deal B with the better money factor what would my monthly payment be? 

Deal C already has the better money factor, plus it's a more expensive unit. Plus, it's almost the exact same price.. Not sure why you'd want to change it to be more like Deal B?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Deal B and Deal C are the same exact car. The dealer is using the MRM as the MSRP in deal B which I don't understand why. 
    nydesi80 said:

Deal B and Deal C are the same exact car. The dealer is using the MRM as the MSRP in deal B which I don't understand why. 

The MRM is what they should use for the MSRP, to make the residual calculation correct. Because, that's really the only thing you need the MSRP for in a lease calculation. To calculate the residual.

If the other dealer isn't doing that, and is showing a higher residual than allowed, it will probably get kicked back to them to be re-contracted.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

What do you mean by it will get kicked back to them? And how do I know if dealer c is using the MRM for calculating the residual? What should my payment be is the bottom line?
    nydesi80 said:

What do you mean by it will get kicked back to them? And how do I know if dealer c is using the MRM for calculating the residual? What should my payment be is the bottom line?

If they calculate the residual incorrectly, the bank will not accept the contract.

If they are identical vehicles, then they have the same MRM. Look at the residual on the two contracts. They should match.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Testing123Testing123 Member Posts: 113
    Good morning - Could any of you kindly provide the following for a 2016 Porsche Cayenne Base Model and S Model (not sure if the rates are different) for June 2016:

Money Factor/Residual for 10K Miles/36 months:
    Money Factor/Residual for 12K Miles/36 months:
    Also, I was told that Porsche does not have MSD concept. Is it true?
    I went to two dealers and I got different MFs from them. Weird.

Thank you.

Good morning - Could any of you kindly provide the following for a 2016 Porsche Cayenne Base Model and S Model (not sure if the rates are different) for June 2016:

Money Factor/Residual for 10K Miles/36 months:
    Money Factor/Residual for 12K Miles/36 months:
    Also, I was told that Porsche does not have MSD concept. Is it true?
    I went to two dealers and I got different MFs from them. Weird.

Thank you.

Sorry, but we don't have the Porsche numbers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

KYFDX - thanks for the quick response. Not sure where else I can find the MF and residual details.
    they dealers for Porsche do not appear to be forthcoming with accurate info.

KYFDX - thanks for the quick response. Not sure where else I can find the MF and residual details.
    they dealers for Porsche do not appear to be forthcoming with accurate info.

Generally, the base MF for Porsche was always about .00200. Could be different, and dealers are apt to mark it up. You can just ask them the residual. They aren't allowed to play around with it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks a lot
  • dryrockdryrock Member Posts: 10
    good morning, could any one give me a suggestion if it is a good deal for cayenne 2016? Thanks a lot!

2016 cayenne base with premium pkg

36/12k
    msrp 69710
    net selling price(no tag, doc): 8.5% off msrp 63784.7
    check Delaware dmv for doc, title&tag by myself: 2786
    mf:0.002
    residual:62%
    paydown: 0

final monthly pay: 925$
    dryrock said:

good morning, could any one give me a suggestion if it is a good deal for cayenne 2016? Thanks a lot!

36/12k
    msrp 69710

Plugging those numbers into my spreadsheet gives me a payment of $785/mo, before tax.

I'd confirm the adjusted capitalized cost the dealer is using; if higher than the selling price, find out what else may have been added (acquisition fee?).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thank you very much! the dealer told me payment with out tax and tags is around
    $815 to 820 , is it a good deal?
    Michaell said:

dryrock said:

36/12k
    msrp 69710

Plugging those numbers into my spreadsheet gives me a payment of $785/mo, before tax.

I'd confirm the adjusted capitalized cost the dealer is using; if higher than the selling price, find out what else may have been added (acquisition fee?).
    dryrock said:

Michaell said:

dryrock said:

36/12k
    msrp 69710

and In addition, the dealer told me two years of maintenance he can make the payments $944 for
    10,0000 miles a year
    edited July 2016
    could you please let me know if there is any trick in this form? thanks a lot!!
    dryrock said:

Michaell said:

dryrock said:

36/12k
    msrp 69710

Certainly a lot closer to my calculations, but there is still something missing - $35/mo is almost $1300 difference over the lease term.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

dryrock said:

Adding the maintenance program and taxes to the cap cost will bring the payment up; doesn't look like anything amiss with your screen shot.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thank you very much! then I will take this offer. I appreciate with your assistance, thanks a lot, Sir.
    Michaell said:

dryrock said:

Adding the maintenance program and taxes to the cap cost will bring the payment up; doesn't look like anything amiss with your screen shot.