Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    sid78sid78 Member Posts: 10
    HI ,
    I got quote for 2008 LX 2WD FOR 20265--ON THE ROAD from Pohanka honda(freidricksburg)(70 miles from me). I asked nearby dealers to match this quote. 2 dealers-fairfax and leesberg are ready to match this quote now.i am planning to buy my vehicle with in this week. Hoping to get 20000/ otherwise i am satisfied by this price as no dealer or anybody at this forum has said that they can go lower than this.
    My approach was to find the dealers with in 100 miles with maximum inventory of my Model and get a quote even from far awayand then show this price to nearby dealers to get the right price. I think it worked

Tell me what price are you getting and from where
    IF SOMEBODY IS GETTING LESS THAN THIS OR SOMEPRICE NEARBY. PLZ DO TELL ME IF I DID OKAY OR NOT

Happy Hunting
  • Options
    bobby350zbobby350z Member Posts: 7
    I would also be interested in getting you dealer info. Looking to buy base 2008 CRV.
  • Options
    HI
    In my earlier posts here, i stated that i have got 20265/ on the road price in virginia(3% tax), i dont know how much difference of tax in ur area, I think you can get much lower than that. All depends on the dealers inventory.

Happy Hunting
  • Options
    HI
    This was the quote for 2008 CRV LX 2WD
  • Options
    raglragl Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    Today I went see Hond-CRV 2008 2WD LX at Team Honda(Atlanta-Lithia Springs)
    The initial quote was some where around 23000$ on road.After showing a quote from another dealer this is what they offered.
    The Invoice price they quoted was 19593$
    Out of the door price was 21626$.I'm not sure whether its the right price or whether it can be lower then this.
    Looks like 20265$ is the lowest from the above thread.
    Thanks,
    Ragl
  • Options
    yanayana Member Posts: 4
    It was a 4WD. When I remarked that their price was much more than my offer and what I expected to pay, the salesman responded that he had spent 3 1/2 hours with me - I was a bit put off at that, since I'd thought he was quite professional initially. I was bothered by the strong smell of burning rubber when taking it on a test drive and then stopping. I guess that has something to do with a corrosion prevention chemical that is used before importing the vehicle. It's supposed to burn off, I guess, but between that, reading about air conditioning/compressor problems and thinking about our 100+ degree weeks during summer, I decided to go back to the Subaru dealer for what I really had wanted - a Forester. I did that today, and paid $21,700 out the door for a base model Forester. It was a good experience and I sure hope it turns out to be perfect for me. I'd actually wanted the premium package, but this dealer had none, and the LL Bean was much too expensive. I do think I'll be happy with this :)
  • Options
    yanayana Member Posts: 4
    Thanks! I thought my offer was a fair one, but I got a Subaru Forester today instead, and didn't have any problem.
  • Options
    nelsonn2008nelsonn2008 Member Posts: 4
    Hi, I live in the SF Bay Area and would appreciate any info that you would be willing to share about the dealer you purchased your new 2008 CR-V and which saleperson assisted you. Also, why did you pick this dealer versus the other ones in the SF Bay Area.

Thanks in advance!

Nelson
  • Options
    ricoucfricoucf Member Posts: 21
    I'm very interested to know if you bought the CRV yet. I'm also from central florida and I'm currently looking to buy one. I'm waiting till the end of the year to see if I could get a good deal. The quote does look reasonable.
  • Options
    isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    If your friend, rasri really drove that CRV off the lot with only 3 miles on it and the plastic still on the wheels, it sure sounds like there is a good chance that car was never PDI'd. That is the very important PreDelivery Inspection.

It also sounds like it wasn't detailed either.

The PDI is very important and our techs normally spend about an hour making sure everything is OK with the car. We drive them until they have at least ten miles on them to make suire they peopate as they should.

Your friend may want to check on that. He/she should have been given a Service History Book with the check off list in the front sighed off by both the technician and a Service Manager.

3 miles is what they usually have when they roll off the trucks.
  • Options
    meishameisha Member Posts: 13
    When Rasri drove off the lot, the Honda dealership PDI'd (e.g. plastic taken off the wheels), detailed and filled it up with gas. I have no idea what the exact mileage was when he drove off the lot but when we test drove it the mileage was less than 3 miles. The dealership was very professional and the car was immaculate when Rasri drove off the lot - five hours later.

Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated. I can't wait to pick up my car.
  • Options
    callcrscallcrs Member Posts: 2
    We have the Honda on order.
  • Options
    isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    OK, I misunderstood your post.
  • Options
    ewuewu Member Posts: 13
    My lowest quote is $24,921.58 before tax after shopping around.
    Dealer said this is 100 over invoice. It seems other dealers can match this price, but no one willing to go below it.
    Is this a good price for EXL 4WD, I am in Boston area
  • Options
    rmgovenderrmgovender Member Posts: 8
    Smakldog- You had mentioned getting 21 quotes - was wondering what the best you came up with was base price. I live in Syracuse but am willing to travel. Looking for the exact same car...please let me know. Thank you!
  • Options
    cliffbcliffb Member Posts: 46
    ewu:

Which dealer in Boston area?
  • Options
    jikjik Member Posts: 144
    My brother did not want to drag this too much. Might have paid little higher.

Had mercury LS for trade off.

OTD for car 21.5 (paid 19.7 K with 1.8 K received for Mercury)

proc fee: 487
    county tax: 1287 ( 7%)
    GA warr fee: 3
    title : 18

came with protec package 985 worth :) incl paint sealant splash guards

thanks to this forum. I like to contribute since I benefit so much from it. Eat plenty of food before going to the dealer.

It was internet price but still spent 4 hours at dealers place. Was extremely pissed in the end.

---
    Here is my breakdown on LX 2WD

19257 Invoice
    635 dest
    -725 dealer holdback
    926 5 % profit to dealer
    ---

+ 1500 (7 % tax + 100 misc title)

= 21593 gives dealer 5 % profit

===============================
    The VINS numbers starting with J are completely asssemebled in Japan.

There were others assembled in Mexico, engine Japan and trans USA.

My brothers CRV was made in Japan.
  • Options
    dp_crvdp_crv Member Posts: 23
    Chuck,

You an call Fenton Honda and ask for David (Sales person). I got my CRV EX from him for 22k + 199 doc fee. I paid TTL in Dallas, Texas. This dealorship does not have email system so you have to call them at their Ardmore location.

DP
  • Options
    dp_crvdp_crv Member Posts: 23
    I purchased 2008 CRV EX with cloth interior.
  • Options
    ewuewu Member Posts: 13
    Cambridge Honda.
    Got this price after several email negotiating.
    Good luck
  • Options
    I am looking for same info. Hoping that OP replies.
  • Options
    deenie1deenie1 Member Posts: 1
    Thought I'd contribute to this post since I've used it a lot for my purchase. We got a 2008 CRV EX 4WD for $22,950 yesterday. Thought this was a pretty good deal. It was easy to get down to $23,500 at several dealers, but we lucked out and got a good deal at a dealership in eastern Iowa near home. This price includes destination but not tax, title, etc. Good luck to everyone. We ended up getting mudflaps and the all season floor mats at cost from the dealer as well. That made the total $23,150.
  • Options
    derricoderrico Member Posts: 6
    I too thought I would contribute as I appreciated the forum while making up my goal price.

In Portland (Hillsboro) picked up a 2008 CRV EX 2WD for a total of $22600 and $300ish of accessories thrown in. Some dealers were offering $22000 (inc destination) plus DMV and then high msrp on whatever accessories you wanted.

All in all I was happy to pay a tiny bit more to my dealer since I know there service dept is good and they seem fair.
  • Options
    slick2736slick2736 Member Posts: 1
    Could you tell me if this is a good deal?

I found a 2007 CRV EX-L with Navi for $26,662 + tax. The car was a demo model with ~1,600 miles and looks new. I was not looking for Navi but was interested in the car due to the attractive 2.9% financing (3yrs).

What would be a better price to bargain down to? Any suggestions would help.
  • Options
    ping6ping6 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I am shopping for CRV EX 4WD base model in bay area. Can you share your dealer's inofrmation to me? Thanks,.
  • Options
    dclleedcllee Member Posts: 3
    I got the same car 2008 Glacier Blue in Stockton, CA for $21,700 (OTD price of $23,581). This is the EX 2WD model. I also got a roof rack with this price.
  • Options
    ken73ken73 Member Posts: 3
    I got my CR-V EX 4WD 3 days ago. This price was $23000 including destination charge. Also including wheel locks, protection package, mudguard and running board. Also got 5.49% APR for 48 months. Hope it helps.
  • Options
    ping6ping6 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Ken73,

Do you live in bay area? Would you mind sharing dealership name w. me?

The best price I had so far is 23300 for EX 4WD

Thanks,
  • Options
    So tax, license, registration etc is extra?

I am getting 2008 LX for $22k OTD. Hope to have it by today.
  • Options
    I got the car in middle south. The price is for car and destination charge only. Tax,tilte and registration fee extra, but didn't pay the dealer adds on options
  • Options
    So for my CRV EX 4WD I paid 23000+tax+licence+register fee and I got a car with wheel lock, mud guard, running board,stripe, and protection package. The dealer also gave me 5.49% APR for 48 months. I am in South area.
  • Options
    cc150cc150 Member Posts: 7
    I got my 2008 Hond CRV LX for $21,300 out the door.
    Dublin Honda.
  • Options
    rajankrajank Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

I am looking to purchase a 2008 CRV EXL w/NAVI and have received a price of $27500 plus tax, tags and docs. Can somone share their feedback on this price and possibly recommend a dealer in the area where they got better pricing.
    Thanks,
  • Options
    Would you mind sharing the dealer info with me? My email is vishiaguard-forums@yahoo.com
  • Options
    meishameisha Member Posts: 13
    The price you were quoted seems too high to me. I got the 2008 EXL FWD with NAVI for $25,369 plus ttl in the Los Angeles area on 12/22/07. The price difference is over $2100 (see my 12/22 message). I definitely think you can do better on the price. Are you getting internet sales quotes? I would get as many as possible to see the price differential and then go into the dealership to negotiate. I just read a newspaper article that talked about the economy's effect on the new car sales in 2007 and how that would carry over into 2008. You can get a better deal than 27500. I bet if you told the salesman that gave you the quote that you got a better quote less $1k, he would come down on the price. Good luck.
  • Options
    zeenzeen Member Posts: 401
    Bought an 08 EX AWD in October and paid $23,500 incl. destination. This was before the EX-L's were out.
    Now my wife thinks she made a mistake and should have gotten an EX-L w/o nav. She thinks the leather and power seat would have been worth it.
    The vehicle has about 2000 miles on it.
    What might I expect to get for the EX on a trade in for an EX-L assuming I can get the EX-L for close to invoice. Any ideas on how to approach the dealer on this?
    What a pain!!!!
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,316
    Really... you'll take a beating..

While I understand the risks in trying to change your wife's mind, I'd pursue that avenue, first.. Maybe ask her what $5000 in purchases that she wants to give up, over the next year?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    gspngspn Member Posts: 3
    Hi

Im in the market to buy a 08 Ex-L in the next few weeks. Ive read some posts on here where a couple of people 'team-up' to make a purchase and get a better price. If there is anyone else looking in same geographical area, drop me a note. Thanks!
  • Options
    taxlawyertaxlawyer Member Posts: 29
    Sounds like a tough situation. What are the dealers offering you on the trade-in?
  • Options
    Are leather seats really worth 3k?
  • Options
    If this was to me, Dublin Honda, Dublin, CA
    Did it all over the internet and was a breeze.
  • Options
    crvtimecrvtime Member Posts: 1
    I'm in Sonoma county, would like to get a cr-v navi ex-l ASAP, if you think you can use the leverage to get for 28,000 out the door, lets go for it. I'm willing to drive to close a deal.
  • Options
    rajankrajank Member Posts: 3
    Meisha,

Thanks for your feedback. I have emailed about 10 dealers with 5 replying with quotes. The $27500 was the lowest for the 4WD EX-L with Navi which includes destination charge. The other 4 dealers would not budge below this price, even if I provided my credit card for a deposit over the phone. I am being told this model is completely sold out and isn't expected in showrooms for atleast a few weeks. The dealer invoice on this is approximately $26300 with MSRP of $28400. I am sure with some more work, I can get this down by another $1k or wait until the end of January once additional stock is available. I guess I will keep hunting and update everyone once I make the purchase. If there is anyone who wants to team up to get a better deal in the NY/NJ area, shoot me a note.
  • Options
    zswxzswx Member Posts: 55
    pls leave your email address for the information.
  • Options
    Can you prrovide more details about the invoice prices etc. With 21300 OTD for LX, wouldn't it be below the invoice?

Invoice - $19257
    Destination - $635
    Tax - $1600 plus
    Regis - $200
  • Options
    bomowobomowo Member Posts: 9
    Hey Rajank,

I'm in the NJ/NY area. I'm up for a group buy. Where did you get your numbers from? I'm on carsdirect.com and the MSRP is $29,035 and the Invoice is $27,283 (destination not included).

By the way, which dealer gave you the price os $27,500 in NJ or NY?
  • Options
    rseemungalrseemungal Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

Can you guys tell me what the new money factors and residuals are for a '08 CRV-Ex 36 month lease for 10, 12 and 15k miles/yr. I am in Metro NYC, if that matters.

Thanks.
  • Options
    elofnelofn Member Posts: 2
    I'm up for the group buy for the '08 AWD EX-L with navigation in the NJ/NY area.
    You really do your homework. Nice job.
  • Options
    smackldogsmackldog Member Posts: 82
    All,

Here's an update to my initial post back on 12/10/07.

I purchased and took delivery of a new 2008 CR-V 4WD EX (Model # RE4858JW) In Green Tea Metallic back on Saturday, 12/29/07 from Sport Honda in Silver Spring, MD! :D

Here is the price breakdown:

2008 CR-V 4WD EX
    #RE4858JW
    Sales Price............22,257.00
    Freight.......................635.00
    Dealer Installed Options
    Front Mud Guards........83.00
    Wheel Locks...............61.00
    Pin Stripes....................0.00
    Door Edge Guards.........0.00
    Processing Fee......... ..49.00
    Virginia Tax...............692.55
    Tags/Title - Transfer.....51.00
    OTD.....................23,828.55
  • Options
    gspngspn Member Posts: 3
    Hi, email me at zksm99 (at) yahoo (dot) com and lets see what we can do. Im exchanging emails with lodi honda and elk grove honda at the moment and they seem pretty close. I keep reading and Ive been told by a friend that Dublin Honda is actually the best place to get the best price...but I cant seem to get anyone there to return my emails/calls.