Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    SmirkSmirk Member Posts: 1
    This sounds like a great deal. I read someone got an offer for 23,299 OTD but all the dealers in DC have rejected this which surprises me based on the economy. But one will play ball if I can provide an quote. Any chance you have this offer broken down on a form that you might be able to email me? I would be much appreciative!!! Thanks a bunch...

thedirthead@yahoo.com
  • Options
    gy66gy66 Member Posts: 10
    Meeper,

Thanks! Actually, i got a quote from another local dealer today and they offer me OTP $2,6000 for 2wd EX-L w/o nav. But my target is $25,000 :) Am i too greedy?
  • Options
    gy66gy66 Member Posts: 10
    Congratulations! So i should target on $25K :)
  • Options
    mattt19mattt19 Member Posts: 5
    I'm buying a CRV. A dealer has a 2008 available. He wants about $600 less than I've been quoted for a 2009. When you factor in depreciation I'm trying to determine if this is a good price. If I were to sell the car in 2013 the 2009 would be five years old and the 2008 would be considered a six year old car. Is there a site that will figure out the depreciated value of each car based on model? If I buy the 2008 it seems like I'm starting out with a car that's already a year old, hence, is $600 off enough?

Thanks,

Matt
  • Options
    kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    Just go to any site you'd like to use now, and choose any model year and get the difference in price. For instance, look at the difference in price for a 2003 versus 2004 of the same make/model/trim.

If you keep your vehicles for 2 years, it matters a lot. If you keep your cars for 10-15 years, it doesn't matter much at all.

You'll probably conclude, that the dealer should be giving you more than the 600 off since you are correct that the value you have when you drive it across the curb is much less. If you have an accident in the first month and total it, you will get less from insurance. However, the dealer doesn't have that much less in the vehicle as his 'cost', therefore he will be unwilling to drop the price to you to what you will feel is a reasonable amount.

Don't waste a lot of time trying to negotiate, make a final offer what you would buy it for, when they choke and say no, move on and don't get upset over this. It's not usually a doable deal unless buyers totally ignore the decreased true value, and just think that they are saving 600 bucks on a 'new' vehicle.
  • Options
    bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    Assume 2013 is 2009 and 2008/2009 are 2004/2005 and driven same mileage...

Checked from KBB the trade-in value (excellent condition) re 2004 vs 2005 Honda CRV EX
    with 75,000 miles
    2004 : $10,225
    2005 : $11,150
    Difference : 925
    with 60,000 miles
    2004 : $11,275
    2005 : $12,350
    Difference : 1,075
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice.

I'm looking at the 2008 or 2009 LX FWD. So far the best quote I've gotten is $19,000 for the 2009 (includes destination) and $18,200 for the 2008. I noticed that previous posters got $18,200 and $18,600. Those sound like great deals considering that list is $19,778 for the 2009. I thought I was doing pretty good until I saw those prices.
    Are those prices the norm? Has anyone purchased a LX FWD recently in Southern California?

Thanks again
  • Options
    jtmjw2jtmjw2 Member Posts: 6
    Bought 2009 crv exl awd w/o navi, urban titanium metalic, black int, sticker was 27915. got it for 24282 today in ohio. Did not get as much for my trade in that I wanted but the other dealer in town's lowest price was 25280. The other dealer said he could not sell that crv for that price or he would going out of buisness.
  • Options
    Did the $24,282 include the destination charge?

Thanks
  • Options
    reolandreoland Member Posts: 4
    After reading through this forum, I gained a lot to do my own searching for a 2009 CRV 4WD EX-L. So far the lowest offer is $23,630.

OTD would be $25,751. This include a stimulus add ons. Which is the ff:

An additional $200 OFF YOUR BEST PRICE QUOTE (hopefully ours was the best, if it was take an additional $200 OFF). They add this to my OTD price.

* FREE Alarm System, which is already installed unless we have to dealertrade for your vehicle

*FREE Protection Package for your vehicle, this includes (Wheel Locks, All Season Floor Mats, and Trunk Tray).

Is this a good price? Tell me guys so I could get it tomorrow.

This is in San Bernardino, CA
  • Options
    vagabondchefvagabondchef Member Posts: 107
    Just got a price on a 2009 CRV 4WD LX in any color of $20340.00 including destination from a dealer in Wisconsin. Should I take it or try to go lower?

Want to trade my old CRV in.

I need any advice.

Thanks!!
  • Options
    $23,630 is $1,712 below the dealer invoice of $25,342 for the EX-L AWD. $24,600 for the same vehicle is the lowest I've seen posted here. I'm in LA and the lowest I've been able to get anyone is $700 below invoice for the LX. Which dealership in San Bernardino are you dealing with?
  • Options
    jtmjw2jtmjw2 Member Posts: 6
    yes, that was everything but doc fees and tax
  • Options
    melloyelloguymelloyelloguy Member Posts: 2
    The lowest price I got for 2009 LX 2WD in Miami Florida is 21,400. I went to 5 big dealers and thats the best price and they wouldnt go lower. I told them I wanted 20250 out the door and they say no can do! :( Do you think its possible to get it for 20,600 OTD?
  • Options
    melloyelloguymelloyelloguy Member Posts: 2
    If that price is OTD $20,340, than that price is really good.
  • Options
    That price breakdown is as follows:

09 CRV LX 4WD $20340
    Trade-in 07 CRV LX 4WD (21600 miles) $16000
    Balance on new CRV $4340
    Dealership fee $125
    Tax 5.6% $250
    Title fee: $90

Total Balance due $4805

Should I do it or keep my 07 CRV?

Need advice !!!

Thanks!!
  • Options
    reolandreoland Member Posts: 4
    Sorry for not responding. I already had a feeling this offer was bogus. And it was. I went to the dealership and was telling me that they don't have a 4wd ex-l available (eventhough i double check with the General Sales Manager and he said he have a few of the silver metallic that I wanted. Anyway what they tried to do is could get me the 4wd but I have to pay for all the free stimulus package that they offered. I was looking at the final price and it was around 28,700. I just smiled at them and said no wonder you guys have a lot of negative review. So I walked out. So here I am back to square one. Ohh before I forgot the dealership is Spreen Honda located at Loma Linda. Anybody reads this don't go to that place..........As a matter of fact I'll spend sometime writing a good negative review for them. If I could make 10 people read it and make them decide not to go there then I did my job.

That's for wasting my time...
  • Options
    calermcalerm Member Posts: 7
    Hi politico234:
    I went to Sports Honda in Silver Spring, MD. I had to place an order for the specific color so it hasn't arrived to this dealership yet. You might be able to go lower with the price and they really want to get rid of the inventory they have in stock. Good luck!
  • Options
    CivicUpgradeCivicUpgrade Member Posts: 12
    Congrats-- I bought the exact same car, including colors, in mid-January. Live in Southern California, where there's a ton of competition and lots of depressed dealer. I was fortunate enough to pay $23,400 (plus tax and registration...which I'm sure is much higher in CA than OH). I supposed you might have been able to get a lower price in the right state, but I think you got a good deal. Over the life of the car, $900 isn't a lot of difference... $15/month if you keep it for 5 years... one starbucks latte per week... and I had to pay 8.25 percent tax, so there goes the price difference.

So far I'm loving the car... even though I managed to get a screw stuck in a tire within 3 days. It was a sloooow leak but when the tire pressure light wouldn't turn off, I had it checked out. $4 to fix at costco. At least I know the TPM works!

The only thing I'm bummed about is the lack of auto headlights... but whatever.
  • Options
    harryblueharryblue Member Posts: 4
    Is this any good?

In Baltimore area

$23,535
    $99 Processing Fee
    $670 Freight
    $129 Splash Guards
    $222 Tags
    MD Tax 6%
    OTD = $26,121
  • Options
    brianasbrianas Member Posts: 3
    thats a decent price
    today we bought a 09 crv exl 4wd w/nav 26,100 including destination.

we had a deal to get the model without nav for 24100, but they didnt have the
    color wanted
    g/l
  • Options
    Was that before taxes and fees?
  • Options
    northeasternortheaster Member Posts: 1
    harryblue, what is the factory sticker total on the CR-V EX-L 4WD (w/o Navi) that you mentioned after the destination charge? Just curious and thanks!
  • Options
    northeaster, the factory total was $27915 (including destination charge).

The dealer added mudflaps and wheel locks

I paid $26,123 OTR.
  • Options
    CRV09CRV09 Member Posts: 1
    Harryblue,
    I am looking for similar vehicle with NAVI. What is the usual price difference for NAVI. And also can you share the dealership information.

Thanks
  • Options
    brianasbrianas Member Posts: 3
    yes price including destination charge but not state tax
  • Options
    Sorry, but I really didn't price out the CRV's with Navigation.

I bought it at Northwest Honda
  • Options
    iceyhotjiceyhotj Member Posts: 30
    Hi,
    I was at the dealership today (North Hollywood, CA Robertson Honda) negotiating for a lease on this car. After A LOT of back and forth I walked out on 60 months at $330 with them paying the last two months of my current Mazda Tribute but me putting down $500 (basically evens out). However, I'm wondering if buying at that price instead (if the dealership would go for it) is a good deal. Any thoughts, help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!
    J
    P.S. I've leased for nine years so buying is a REALLY big deal to me.
  • Options
    susanjeansusanjean Member Posts: 5
    I'm looking to purchase a basic 2009 LX 4wd CRV in Pennsylvania, any color. I am wondering if an OTD price of $22,455 is a good one for Bucks County. I appreciate any information from nearby CRV owners. Thanks.
  • Options
    Just got a quote from a Wisconsin Honda dealer for a 2009 CRV LX AWD for $20340 plus $125 dealership fee which $20495 total.

They want to give me (trade) $15000 for my 2007 CRV LX 4WD with 22000 miles in excellent condition. Was thinking about trading up to new.

Should I do this or try to get more for my CRV or just keep it and run the wheels off it. I feel the longer I keep it, it won't be worth anything.

Just want to trade to a newer 2009 if the value is right for my trade

I would have to pay the balance of $5800.00 to own the CRV free and clear.

What should I do? Should I keep the 2007 CRV or trade up to the same model but 2009.

Please any advice would help me out.
  • Options
    CRV2009_214CRV2009_214 Member Posts: 1
    I bought 2009 CRV EX from huntington honda

car price $23,158
    lice + reg + plate + some fees: $217
    I buyout 0% apr for $642 for 60 month
    tax: 1998 (8.375%)

I shop around all the dealers Long Island + NYC and no one gave me $23,158 deal for 2009 CRV Ex.
  • Options
    dr_drewdr_drew Member Posts: 3
    I recently found a 2007 Ex-L CR-V with under 10k miles on it at a local dealer. They are asking $22,468. Right now, I am getting offers from dealers for 2009 models at $23900 for the same trim. Thats lower than the Kellys BB prive but I am thinking that the 2007 should at least be another 1 k lower to make the older model a possibility. Does anyone have any experience buying a 2007 model recently? AM I being realistic to expect a lower cost?
    Thanks
    Dr Drew
  • Options
    Hi CivicUpgrade,
    I live in the Southern California area too and was wondering where you purchased your CR-V. I would like to get the EX-L w/o Nav in the same color (FWD) but I can't find a dealership that will work with me on price. Also do you mind telling me how much you pay a month? Any tips, help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!
    J
  • Options
    rsomorsomo Member Posts: 2
    did the $23,900 for the 2009 include the $670 freight, or was fright additional ? thanks,
  • Options
    If this helps anyone - just purchased a CRV LX Fwd for $20,779 OTD. I know lower amounts were posted, but I couldn't get anyone to go below this. I purchased it through the internet department at Honda of Hollywood. Never pressured or felt like they were lying to me. They seemed honest and straight forward (unlike the majority of the other dealers I dealt with). -
  • Options
    Hi,
    I have two e-mail quotes from southern California deales that are the same - $24,141. This still seems high to me since I know people on this board have gotten the car for $23,000 or a little more. How do I get them to lower the price? Also besides the price should I be asking any additional questions when I ask for a quote (i.e. how many months etc.)?
    Thanks,
    Jennifer
    P.S. Also how do I figure out how much my monthly payment would be with this price?
  • Options
    alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    To help figure out the monthly payment I'd use the calculator here on Edmund's as it will give you a pretty good idea as to what the payments would be, you may need to change the selling price as the one listed shows the TMV (true market value) of the car you request. While it may not be exact it does give you a good idea of what you can expect the monthly payment to be. I would try and expand your search and get quotes from several dealerships to get an idea of what your market price is.
  • Options
    sc75188sc75188 Member Posts: 12
    How much can I expect to pay for this SUV....with and without Nav. I'm going to be looking in the next few weeks and would like to get estimate on what a good deal is.
  • Options
    sc75188sc75188 Member Posts: 12
    I got a quote yesterday from Planet Honda in Union for $24100...so I don't think your deal is that good....
  • Options
    pothikpothik Member Posts: 2
    Hi All,

After email queries to local dealers in the Westchester county, NY area, the best quote I managed was $22750 (including destination and all fees except tax and DMV) for 2009 CRV-EX AWD (no other options). I am curious to hear from other members in this forum if they have come across better offers.

pothik
  • Options
    speedracer007speedracer007 Member Posts: 33
    I wonder if the dealer will stand behind that quote. With Invoice being $23647 and a $500 Cash to Dealer incentive, that brings the price to $23147. Then most dealers try to add on a $300 - $400 "Doc Fee" which would bring the price back to $23447 - $23547. Just got off the phone with a dealer - his best price on same vehicle was $24,450 (including dest and fees). Even after I told him I was over a 2 hour drive away and he would have to do better than that. Living in the south, it is hard to find a dealer with an AWD ( one mega dealer with 90 CR-Vs in stock, has 1 EX AWD model)
  • Options
    bobecalibobecali Member Posts: 2
    If you don't mind to share the dealer name or the sale rep in southern california that was willing to give you the quote of the CRV -LX 2WD $19,000 for the 2009 (includes destination) and $18,200 for the 2008. Thanks much!
  • Options
    jayr3625jayr3625 Member Posts: 3
    I am new at dealing with dealerships, and i hate the games that they play. I just received a quote for a 09 2wd w/navigation OTD for $25,120. Is this a good price or am i still leaving a lot of money on the table? Also, I live in Oklahoma and I'm not sure if that will make a difference. I am willing to drive to Texas in order to get a better deal. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  • Options
    bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    Please advise what trim, LX, EX, or EXL?
  • Options
    jayr3625jayr3625 Member Posts: 3
    Sorry about that I thought I put that in there. It is the EX-L trim level. Thanks
  • Options
    irisheyes44irisheyes44 Member Posts: 15
    I have been shopping in New York for a 08 CRV EX-L and the best I can do is 24500 which includes destination charge. How are you getting those prices for a 09?
  • Options
    coolshamscoolshams Member Posts: 4
    I am from New Jersey & Ive got a quote for 09 CRV-EX AWD @ $ 21,818.
    Is this a good deal?Not sure if this includes destination charges too, will have to confirm that.
    I am thinking if I can bring him down to $ 19,500-20,000.Is this realistic?Has anyone got a lower deal in NJ?Any suggestions?

Thank you!
  • Options
    irisheyes44irisheyes44 Member Posts: 15
    Where in New Jersey? I will drive there and save myself some money but I want leather seats?
  • Options
    redaixredaix Member Posts: 3
    It does not include des charge ($670) and doc fee.
    You can try Willis Honda, they offer to beat other dealership's price.
  • Options
    houstoncrvhoustoncrv Member Posts: 2
    John Eagle Honda
    Houston, Texas

Picked up a 2WD EX-L with Navi in Taffeta White this evening. Included window tint, cargo tray, wheel locks, and splash guards. No trade and no money down.

Paid $26,245 +TTL. OTD at $28,200