Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    poordealguypoordealguy Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

I am looking for some confirmation here -

I just negotiated an Urban Titanium Color (black interior) 2009 Honda CRV EX-L w/o NAVI for $27,293 (including TTL). Tax- 7.75% tax.

Is this a good price?

Invoice - $26,012;

Initial Quote (OTD) - ~27,900 ($25,685+TTL)

I started with an offer of $23,500+TTL (~25,800 OTD) and he agreed on $27,293...

I am going to use this invoice to maybe negotiate with other dealerships for ~26,500 (does this seem reasonable?)
  • Options
    frankf2frankf2 Member Posts: 17
    Hi, Sorry for reply you late. Are you still looking for a CR-V? Last week I got a quote of $26500 from two dealers incl. destination fee. But I am still not satisfied with this preset marketing price. I want this price includes running board too ($650 of dealer price). Hope I can negotiate in the near future. Thanks for your willing to join group buying force. But I am wandering you are not live in this area. How could you buy car from Boston? It is too far away from your place. If you think you can, we definitely can get better deal soon. What kind inside and outside color you are looking for? Any accessories you like to add on?
  • Options
    matt92matt92 Member Posts: 2
    3 forms - took a couple of minutes each to fill them out, punctuated by 10 to 15 minutes each time for the salesman to walk into the back room and do something (what, I don't know, get the next form? chat with his friends?). So, no, the time was not spent writing, it was spend waiting.
  • Options
    dautomdautom Member Posts: 6
    Sierra Honda in Monrovia, Ask for tall manager, tell them that John in Baldwin park introduce you to him
  • Options
    dautomdautom Member Posts: 6
    $21100 is the car price included Destination+ propack+ Cargo tray
    $300 for lojack
    tax 8.25+ other fee
    OTD: $23500
  • Options
    crvbuyer3crvbuyer3 Member Posts: 1
    After endless back and forth with several dealers in Northern California, the quote I have for a Honda CR V 2WD EX is as follow :-

Selling Price $21,483.00
    OTD Total $23,871.71

This is my first experience with dealers and it hasn't exactly been pleasant. Do you guys think this is a good price or is there further scope for negotiation ?

Thanks guys, for looking at this post.
  • Options
    bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    poordealguy

$24,100 (incl dest chg) for 09 base EXL AWD, + docs fee + TT&L
  • Options
    abukiabuki Member Posts: 7
    Hi, can you let us know which dealership you got these deal at? even better if have the salesperson's name.

Thanks
  • Options
    vagabondchefvagabondchef Member Posts: 107
    Got a quote for a 2009 CRV LX 4WD for 19800.00 (including destination) plus $125.00 dealership fee in Metro Milwaukee.

They are desprate to sell as (sales people) are standing around smoking cigerettes and drinking Diet Coke.

Thinking of trading my 07 CRV LX 4WD with 24500 miles. Should I do it or wait?
  • Options
    iceblue2009iceblue2009 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks! :)
  • Options
    Pls click on my user name to get my email addr then email me.
  • Options
    smadnysmadny Member Posts: 7
    Hello bigdadi118,

{{$24,100 (incl dest chg) for 09 base EXL AWD}}

That is an amazing price for the EX-L AWD CR-V. How did you negotiate such price? Also i am getting ready to shop for a CRV in a chicago area. I could never find out what the Triple Net Price is for EX-L AWD is. So i dont know what these dealers have to work with? Also is it better to go at the end of the month to pick up the car or it simply does not matter if you know how to negotiate a price?

Thanks in Advance!

marek
  • Options
    awmndtawmndt Member Posts: 1
    Slidell, La. (Honda of Slidell)
    $24,400 + $250 dealer fee + 8.75% tax.
    Haggled in mudguards and roof visor.
    - no problems - use the internet and get the "e price" before you go. Overall, I feel good about it. :)
  • Options
    cubbieswincubbieswin Member Posts: 5
    I just sent off for some quotes today. This is the best one I've received so far. This comes with the destination fee included.

Is this a good deal??
  • Options
    At the lowest range, looks good if the dealer's doc fee is included. Try to lower down a couple more hundreds.
  • Options
    thsmiththsmith Member Posts: 10
    I just purchased a new 2009 CRV EX-L (Urban Titanium/Ivory) today in North Carolina.

Price was $25,900 OTD (NC has 3% sales tax and $74 license fee) - so net price was $25050. Salesman did not net out "fees" so not sure what he considered price of car + fees, but the OTD was $200 less than any other dealer response w/in 50 miles.

Clearly others are doing a few hundred better than this in other states, but I was pretty pleased with this transaction. The salesman had to dealer trade for the color and other local dealers would not meet this price. This was better than Honda of Lisle (IL) quoted via email (considering I would have to pay tax & license when I registered in NC).

Plus the salesman did everything he said he would do and the finance guy did not push anything, just offered an extended warranty which I did not purchase.

Arrived at the dealer, test drove, signed papers, got a full tank of gas and gone in less than an hour.

Salesman's name was Charles Clegg at Sanford (NC) Honda.

--travis
  • Options
    netmonnetmon Member Posts: 2
    yes, the price includes the destination. Dealer name is Brookdale honda.
  • Options
    learningcurvlearningcurv Member Posts: 3
    '08 EX-L demo with 5,200 miles on it. The dealer wants $24,000, so we have some negotiation to do, but I'm thinking $22,000 is fair. Maybe we're too far apart to close. Sticker is $26,000. The price doesn't include 7.5% tax, otherwise, it is out the door.

Any thoughts?
  • Options
    frankf2frankf2 Member Posts: 17
    Hi For those who are confident and brave enough to walk into car buying market now, just sharing some latest news with you, so you know what you should expect and which position you are standing.

News from America Business Research Institute - Car Data Company: "Car sells in the states drop 34% in April comparing with the same month last year, the amount close to 30 years low. Toyota drops 42% and Honda drops 38%. Chrysler is down, GM will be the next for its fate in June 1st".
  • Options
    learningcurv

you can get 09 EXL AWD at $24,200 (DEST INCL) so why bother on a 08 demo?
  • Options
    We aren't seeing prices like that here. The demo only looked good if we could get it at a reasonable price, what's offered now isn't reasonable.
  • Options
    Try email AT LEAST 10 Honda dealers around your area. There are lots sitting in the dealer lots, so one of 10 will try to give a good deal.
  • Options
    Good advice. Thanks. I have some logistical questions.

We live in Arkansas, so there aren't 10 dealers close. Is there a value in using a local dealer as far as in follow-up is concerned, if there are problems with the car? We could check dealers a couple hours away, but if we have trouble after the sale, I worry about the hassle distance would create. Is that an issue?
  • Options
    AJ34474AJ34474 Member Posts: 14
    I would just get the 10 quotes and see if one of your local dealers will match the lowest price. That's what I did and my local dealer matched it.
  • Options
    The trouble after sales is the car and can be fixed in any Honda dealers.

As the other poster said get the lowest quotation print-out and see whether dealer nearest you will match that price.
  • Options
    elambielambi Member Posts: 1
    Looking at leasing an AWD LX 2009 for $990 down and $218 per month. The residual at the end of lease is $14,100. I am not sure what purchase price they are assuming, but at MSRP the implied interest rate on this would be less than 0% and at invoice it is around 3%. It seems like a good price based on a relatively small amount of internet research. This is directly from the dealer's website and I have an appt to go in tonight and possibly buy. The program from Honda expires tonight, the salesman claims the replacement will be marginally worse than the current program. Is this a good deal? Any thoughts welcome. Thanks!
  • Options
    exb0exb0 Member Posts: 539
    Current CR-V incentives expire today.Does anyone know what May incentives are? Is it still $500 dealer cash? Is there any special financing?
  • Options
    ilanailana Member Posts: 25
    Loooks like there is no more cash incentives. Maybe it will come up later? I still have hope.
  • Options
    netak1netak1 Member Posts: 21
    Interested in buying a 2009 Honda CRV EXL AWD, but am waiting to see if any incentives/APR specials come out. Right now it's my understanding that Honda has around 6.5% for 60 months. One dealership in NJ emailed me yesteday saying they had 0% until closing that night, but I found out about it too late. I find it hard to believe and wonder what the conditions/price of the car would have been.

Does anyone know of any incentives (current or upcoming) or can recommend a NJ dealership with competitive out the door pricing? I know I definitely want the CRV.....I'm just in no hurry that I have to get one so I'm waiting for a good deal. :D
  • Options
    thebentmanthebentman Member Posts: 13
    Paid 22,550 plus TTL in NYC metro area. Dealer's initial offer was 23,100. This was the best I could do and I got the color I wanted which they had to go out of town for, so at least I made them earn their $670. Seems like I got a middle of the road deal as I see back in the posts that some people got it closer to 22k, but I could not get it that low and I tried other dealers. Also, this was in late April when the 500 incentive was still in place, now it looks like Honda pulled all incentives for some reason. Our salesperson, who I trust as I have dealt with them in the past, said that inventory on the CRVs are down as people have continued to purchase/lease them at a good rate.
  • Options
    Purchased EX-L AWD in Northern VA for $24924 (including all junk fees) plus $329 for the roof rack. No trade-in.

However, my wife is complaining already. She coming off the Odyssey EX-L and the CR-V is missing a/c vents in the back, headlights don't turn off automatically and the visor mirror doesn't have a light. To be perfectly honest with you, those are excusable. I had a base Sonata rental for two weeks, and the car had these features.

BTW, the $500 incentive was extended.
  • Options
    Are you including Taxes when you say Junk Fees?
  • Options
    No, by junk fees I mean processing, documentation, dealer prep or whatever other bogus fee dealers come up with.

Taxes and registration are legitimate fees and are not included in the price that I posted. These fees vary state to state.
  • Options
    haidonghaidong Member Posts: 17
    bought it at $20000 plus TTL, MA
    do think it could be $19700, but did not take the opportunity.
  • Options
    stvbstvb Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking at purchasing a 2009 CRV. The dealer has a port repair vehicle that is labeled as a certified car meaning it was damaged at port but supposedly repaired by Honda and then auctioned off to dealers. Does anyone know about these vehicles and whether it is wise or not to purchase this type? The warranty is extended 50,000 and 100,000 miles and the dealer supposedly does not know what repair was done. Again it is supposedly cosmetic in nature only. Any information would be appreciated.
  • Options
    blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    I'm looking at purchasing a 2009 CRV. The dealer has a port repair vehicle that is labeled as a certified car meaning it was damaged at port but supposedly repaired by Honda and then auctioned off to dealers. Does anyone know about these vehicles and whether it is wise or not to purchase this type? The warranty is extended 50,000 and 100,000 miles and the dealer supposedly does not know what repair was done. Again it is supposedly cosmetic in nature only. Any information would be appreciated.

Pull Carfax or Autocheck on it and see what it says.
  • Options
    poordealguypoordealguy Member Posts: 4
    It all may come down to what the carfax report says like already mentioned and what the dealer is willing to let the vehilcle go for...if it is as expensive as a new one..why not go for the new one?!?

The extra warranties are only worth the paper that they are written on...the whole reason I bought a Honda is so that I do not have to use warranties...

my $0.02
  • Options
    Hello Forum,
    As i am shopping around for the brand new 2009 EX-L 4WD for my wife i have been quoted couple of prices at around $24800. Does anybody has gotten any quotes for the 2WD EX-L? I know in the Midwest they are harder to come by, at least this is what the Dealers are telling me, but I am not sure if its true. I am more concerned about getting that saving that extra one MPG and also the thousand dollar savings in price. Just curious what prices are other people are paying for the 2WD ($670 destination included of course, but NOT the TTL or any other dealer fees)

Thank You very Much!

-Mark
  • Options
    In early February I was quoted $23800 and $24200 (both quotes included destination cost) but not dealer fees and TTL. Orlando, FL area.
  • Options
    Hello AJ34474, so $23800 for 2WD model and $24200 for the 4WD models? - Thanks, either way both great prices! -Mark
  • Options
    Both prices ($23800 and $24200) were for the 2WD EX-L, but from different dealers. Sorry for the confusion.
  • Options
    If you are in Midwest where it snows, don't buy 2wd. There is a good reason why dealer don't have 2wd's, they don't sell. If they don't sell new, they won't sell used. The thousand that you save now, will cost more than that in the future.

We live in Virginia and we get snow ones or twice a year, and we bought AWD just for that reason.
  • Options
    beanlundoebeanlundoe Member Posts: 3
    Hello all, I got a quote for $23,000 for a 2009 CRV EX 4WD. The price includes all fees except for taxes and DMV. Do you think this is a good price? I'm in the New York Metro Area.

thanks!
  • Options
    I would try to counter-offer $500 less, $22,500
  • Options
    lablover2lablover2 Member Posts: 115
    went to a delaer in the chicago area and got this price yesterday
    $10,947.61
    my trade ($8500) 07 yaris hatchback auto-18,000 miles
    $151.65 doc fee
    $887.94 sales tax
    $15 county tax
    $106 transfer plates-i think it should be $80
    so, it looks like he really is $1,000 under invoice price on the crv and giving me a decent trade in value of my used yaris. can i do any better? shopping this or a new rav
  • Options
    Does the 22,550 include destination charge? What was your total out the door price?

thanks.
  • Options
    prettyatomprettyatom Member Posts: 1
    I purchased 2009 CR-V EX-L AWD at the below price in Sacramento, CA!

$25,487+ Doc.($55) + Tax($2,235) + Reg. etc.($262) = $28,039 (OTD)

Sales Tax rate in Sacramento is 8.75%.

Do you guys think it is not good?

Actually, I thought it was not bad before I came here, but now I'm not sure.

I'm looking for any opinions for next car purchase!
  • Options
    22,550 included the destination fee but not tax and registration fee. I feel pretty good about the deal, but some people seem to have gotten a price closer to 22k. Those people don't seem to be in the NYC metro area though. No one has really commented on my deal, but the Edmunds invoice price I believe was 22,977. So I don't know. Very pleased with the CRV though. Total out the door was about 24,500 plus whatever the reg fee was which I can't recall - maybe $120 (for new plates).
  • Options
    wow that's a really good deal for NYC. Which dealer did you go to if you don't mind me asking?
  • Options
    woodstockguywoodstockguy Member Posts: 18
    Have a CRV EXL fully loaded, 4wd w/navi- Urban Titanium w/1200 miles that I can probably get for 25k w/fees. Does this sound like a good deal??

Thanks for any input-C