Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and Earlier - Toyota 4Runner Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    rjordanrjordan Member Posts: 30
    Wayne,
         Your request is incomplete. Go to Edmunds New Car section and pick out the vehicle of choice with either 4 wheel drive or rear wheel drive and either V6 or V8 engine. Then select your options. Then submit and a page with msrp, dealer cost and the true market value of the vehicle will be displayed. In September, there was a $750.00 rebate and this may still be in effect. The model year vehicle is now a year old and you should get a discount. Don't forget to add your zip code at the begining. At this time of the year, you will be restricted to what is on the dealer's lots and you will have to select a vehicle with possibly a few more options. However, they also can do a search in your State to see if any vehicles match your options.
  • Options
    tdevanetdevane Member Posts: 35
    Any idea of what a 36 month, 15k mile lease payment should look like for a 2004 Limited V8? Assume 1k down.
  • Options
    willowinkwillowink Member Posts: 8
    There's a lease vs. buy calculator in the pricing section for the 4Runner. If you've leased before and it works for you, ignore the rest of what I have to say. In my opinion, leasing is rarely a good deal for the customer. $1000 down is not very much when you also have to add in sales tax, acquisition fees, security deposit, first months' lease, etc. You're likely looking upwards of $750/month, however if you financed the vehicle for 72 months, you'd save over $200 per month. And you'd have something to show for it at the end, or even middle should you choose to trade it sooner. Good luck.
  • Options
    $750 wow that seems high. Lease will be around $450. 72 month finance would cost $580.
  • Options
    willowinkwillowink Member Posts: 8
    Okay, I'm wrong. If it sounds like a good deal to you, you should take it. I love my 4Runner. You will too. :)
  • Options
    yea hopefully I will. It just sucks that I'm forced into getting the Limited to get the leather and the interior i like.
  • Options
    yobow1yobow1 Member Posts: 29
    Just wanted to let new 4Runner buyers know that COSTCO's car buying program will arrange with an authorized dealer to sell 4Runners for $300 over invoice. In addition, I used Edmund's service to request a price from my local dealers and got a number of responses. Long story short is that the dealers started under bidding COSTCO's price. It's only a couple of hundred dollars, but the final price is $100 over invoice. The final deal was done through the dealers internet department.

QUESTION FOR THE FORUM HOST: Is it OK to list the person's name and dealership where I bought the vehicle? Thanks.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    "You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information."

More invites a bunch of shill posts.

Thanks,

Steve, Host
  • Options
    Thanks Steve for the guidance. Well, I picked up my 2005 SR5 today. I was going to go with a COSTCO deal for $300 over invoice, but dealers were negotiating under COSTCO's price. I settled on $100 over invoice at Toyota of Escondido (San Diego, CA area)...I had contacted the internet dept. and the rest is history. My salesperson was very nice and helpful throughout the process. He went out of his way, working on his day off, to find the model with the options I wanted. I would highly recommend this dealership to anyone, especially the Internet Dept.
  • Options
    noonan28105noonan28105 Member Posts: 3
    Hey there..I just got my first ever 4runner. Gosh I love this thing. I've always had tacos and frontiers and this thing is like driving a caddy compared to them. I love my new 4runner. The only thing I wish they did differently on it is maybe move the window and door lock controls higher on the door panel. They seem really low. Also the button on the roof for the moonroof should be lit up like all the other buttons in the car. I have trouble finding it at night when I want to open the moonroof. They have lights where the cupholders are so why not this button...anyways..here's the deal i got..charlotte nc
     2005 sr5 4runner 2wd
    moonroof,roofrack, side curtain airbags, 17 inch wheels, double deck cargo and cargo net, 115 volt package, accent stripe, carpet mats,galactic gray,stone fabric.
    The truck had the awful bridgestones on it and I made them swap them out to the cross terrians. I also had them throw in a spoiler with center light. msrp was about 31,000
     63 month lease, 12,000 miles a year, No money down, 354.00 a month, this includes first payment and all fees,tax etc.. I think I got a a good deal..whatcha think.I don't drive alot so I'm not worried about the miles..anyways..I hope this helps some people out..
  • Options
    moises1moises1 Member Posts: 1
    I recently purchased a 2004 V8 Sport Edition from Toyota of Richardson in Richardson, Texas. The final price with rebate was $26,591. This included Extra-Mile Option package B, Vehicle Protection package, Daytime Running lights and Double Deck Cargo. The option packages offer poor value, but this was a simple as they get this time of year.
  • Options
    Messages Subscribe | Bookmark

Messages Page 38 of 38 Go To Msg # Search This Discussion
     1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 Recent Msgs

#738 of 739 just got a 05 4runner by noonan28105 Oct 18, 2004 (8:31 am)

Bookmark | Reply
    Hey there..I just got my first ever 4runner. Gosh I love this thing. I've always had tacos and frontiers and this thing is like driving a caddy compared to them. I love my new 4runner. The only thing I wish they did differently on it is maybe move the window and door lock controls higher on the door panel. They seem really low. Also the button on the roof for the moonroof should be lit up like all the other buttons in the car. I have trouble finding it at night when I want to open the moonroof. They have lights where the cupholders are so why not this button...anyways..here's the deal i got..charlotte nc
     2005 sr5 4runner 2wd
    moonroof,roofrack, side curtain airbags, 17 inch wheels, double deck cargo and cargo net, 115 volt package, accent stripe, carpet mats,galactic gray,stone fabric.
    The truck had the awful bridgestones on it and I made them swap them out to the cross terrians. I also had them throw in a spoiler with center light. msrp was about 31,000
     63 month lease, 12,000 miles a year, No money down, 354.00 a month, this includes first payment and all fees,tax etc.. I think I got a a good deal..whatcha think.I don't drive alot so I'm not worried about the miles..anyways..I hope this helps some people out..

Oh yeah it has leather stearing wheel and shifter and is also a v6...forgot to mention that in earlier post. sorry..its a monday.
  • Options
    sid2sid2 Member Posts: 2
    Bought a Gallictic Gray Mica 05 4runner V6 SR5 4X4 this weekend in the St Louis area.

OTD: $29,793 + 65 doc

options : power sunroof, black roof rack, 17" Alloy wheels ..

The interior looks much better on an 05 SR5 than a 04 SR5.

Do you think it was a good deal?

Sid
  • Options
    slarryslarry Member Posts: 19
    The interior hasn't changed...what makes you think it looks better? The only thing different is that the 2005 has a 5-speed Auto vs a 4-speed in the 2004.
  • Options
    illini7illini7 Member Posts: 19
    I also live in the St. Louis area. Which dealer did you work with, and were you happy with their input, the deal, etc. Sounds like you got a pretty good deal.
  • Options
    mcd1mcd1 Member Posts: 1
    Just closed a deal on a certified used 2004 Toyota 4Runner SR5 with 10K miles. Paid $27,000 cash before sales tax. No trade in. Spokane Washington area. Dealer price was $29,000 plus fees. Starting to get a feeling in my gut that I overpaid or might have got a new 05 for the same price.

Any opinions?
  • Options
    sid2sid2 Member Posts: 2
    Yeah i thought it was decent price for a 05. I got it at Seeger Toyota
  • Options
    gcmellogcmello Member Posts: 17
    Drove a 2005 Sport Edition yesterday to see if the V-6 combined with the 5-speed transmission rode as smoothly as my 2003 V-8 Sport Edition. Plus I like the flexibility of Multi-mode 4X4. Great acceleration, smooth shifting, very quiet. Couldn't feel any difference between driving in H2 or H4 mode. I did notice that the dashboard gauges are illuminated at all times which is a great improvement over my dash--nearly unreadable in certain light conditions.

Because CARMAX in Maryland has such a great price on 2005 4Runners, I sent an e-mail query looking for a 2005 Sport with side curtain airbags and received a reply stating Toyota puts airbags only in Limited models. I replied that Southeast Toyota region has 4Runners with side curtain airbags other than Limited models, but that I'd like to spend my money locally (VA/MD). No reply from CARMAX so far. I may end up going to NC to pick up a new 2005 WITH airbags if I can negotiate a fair price (at or near invoice).
  • Options
    simple_guy35msimple_guy35m Member Posts: 14
    Hello Noonan28105,
    Whats the residual value after 63 months.
    Thanks
  • Options
    chuck999chuck999 Member Posts: 38
    GCMello:

The same EXCACT thing happened to me a couple of months ago! I REALLY wanted to buy an SR5 4Runner with side curtain airbags - so I emailed CARMAX and got the EXACT same reply. (Comes in Limited only)... So, I contacted Toyota who said that they build PLENTY of SR5's with side-curtain airbags and that a local dealer like CARMAX should be able to order / find one for me ....

So I emailed CARMAX again and got the same reply you did - NOTHING! NO REPLY! ......

Since CARMAX salesmen theoretically don't work on comission - there is probably absolutely NO incentive for them to go out of their way in ANY WAY to help you find / order a car ....

NC is not so far from me either - please let us know if you are able to get a new non-limited 2005 with the side curtains and for how much $$$ ....
  • Options
    I don't have the exact figures on me about the residual but it was close to 14,000. If you want exact I will have to go look at my paper work later. I think I got a really good deal considering. It's alot of car for the money. I was going to lease one through leasecompare.com but decided to see what I could do myself. Everything turned out well in the end. Just let me know if you want excact risidual and I'll post that soon.
  • Options
    jwarthmanjwarthman Member Posts: 20
    Well, after years (literally :-) of lurking on this site, I'm finally pulling the trigger tomorrow.

I contacted 11 dealers in Phoenix and the surrounding area, and settled on a dealer in Prescott, AZ. It's a bit of a drive, but keep reading, and you'll see why that's not an issue.

I'm getting a 2005 Limited V6 4WD (Titanium). In the Denver region, I've learned that virtually all such 4Runners come standard with the following:
       Moonroof (SR)
       Rear spoiler (RF)
       X-REAS (NH)
       Mats (CF)
       JBL Synthesis with 6 CD changer (EJ)
       Side curtain airbags (GY)
       Daytime running lights (RL)

Including the destination charge and TDA (advertising fee), the MSRP for this vehicle is $40,251. Invoice is $35,732.

I'm getting it for $632 BELOW invoice. :-)

And he's throwing in the cargo net at no charge. Not only that, but he's giving me a very, very good deal on the Toyota Platinum 7/70,000/zero deductible extended service plan.

I'm not going to ask anyone's opinion whether this is a good deal - I think I know the answer!

I'd like to thank the people on this and other 4Runner boards for much valuable advice.

Enjoy!

-- Jim
  • Options
    Congrats Jim!

Steve, Host
  • Options
    firetyfirety Member Posts: 5
    I was quoted $29,800 for an '04 SR5 V8 with Sunroof. The V6 is $1000 less. Thoughts on price? Thoughts on V8 over V6? Thanks.
  • Options
    slarryslarry Member Posts: 19
    I just bought a 04-Sport V8, for $31,000, loaded. I had wanted the V6 because I don't tow. I am glad I got the V8 just for the smoothness. I wanted to wait for the new V8 but since I wouldn't be pulling anything I settled for the current V8. I preferred this particular vehicle from the test drives. Everything was perfect with no problems others have mentioned. Be sure to test drive several before you buy because some are better. I also got 4 free oil changes and the Chrome Exhaust Tip, AFTER I agreed to the price. Don't believe for a second that because it is a 2004 that they will deal way below invoice. For GM maybe, not Toyota. Dealers still have a demand for the 04's and are trading other Dealers. The money you save will more than pay for the Platinum warranty for 7-years. They will deal on things like this rather that going way below invoice. You just have to ask.

GOOD LUCK!
  • Options
    slarry,

> Don't believe for a second that because it is a 2004
    > that they will deal way below invoice. For GM maybe,
    > not Toyota.

Did you read my post, above?

jwarthman Oct 29, 2004 1:11am

I just bout a 2005 for $632 BELOW invoice. And the dealer threw in free lifetime oil changes. Oh, and the Toyota Platinum warranty for 7 years/75,000 miles/zero deductible was $500.

If you shop carefully, deals are "out there".

Enjoy!

-- Jim
  • Options
    05runner05runner Member Posts: 3
    Hello all,
    Just got my new 05 4runner sport.Ordered on 7/27
    picked up 10/29 from Longo ,Just the way i wanted.
    Model: 05 Sport V6 4x4
    Options include:
    Side Air bags
    Sunroof
    JBL Stereo
    Spolier
    115v Plug
    DD Cargo
    Floor mats
    Ec Mirror
    Homelink
    NO DRL
    I Love It
  • Options
    getnsmartgetnsmart Member Posts: 3
    I was reading some of the posts just now and realized that I got a great deal on my Runner. I paid 24,242, financing 15,400. It does not have the sunroof or leather, neither of which was important to me. It took 4 days of haggling but it was worth it. What a great SUV!!!!!
  • Options
    getnsmart,
    That sounds like it could be a good deal - but there's no way to really tell.

I think when we post our buying experiences, we should list the year and model, V6 or V8, 2WD or 4WD, along with all the options. Most important, we should say how much above (or below) invoice price we paid, excluding tax, title, etc. You can get the invoice price directly from the Edmunds TMV Pricing Report, here:

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2005/toyota/4runner/index.html?tid=edm- - unds.n.mmindex.content.num1.0.toyota*

Be sure to select all the options that you got on your new 4Runner. Heck, we could even say what the Edmunds TMV price is, for comparison. :-)

For instance, a week ago I bought my 2005 Limited V6 4WD, with the following options:

Moonroof (SR)
        Rear spoiler (RF)
        X-REAS (NH)
        JBL Synthesis with 6 CD changer (EJ)
        Side curtain airbags (GY)
        Cargo Net (GN)
        Carpet/Floor Mats (CF)

Including the destination charge and TDA (advertising fee), the MSRP for this vehicle is $40,251. Invoice is $35,732.

I paid $35,100, which is $632 BELOW invoice. :-)

Edmunds TMV for the vehicle I bought is $37,491 but that doesn't include the DRL, cargo net or mats, or the standard TDA advertising fee. If I add the INVOICE price for these missing items (not MSRP), the "adjusted" TMV would be $38,163.

I paid $3,063 BELOW the "Adjusted" Edmunds TMV price!

Admittedly I found a good deal. But I shopped all the local Toyota dealers, and they were all well below TMV.

Dealer 1 $3,063 below adjusted TMV
      Dealer 2 $2,217 below adjusted TMV
      Dealer 3 $2,225 below adjusted TMV
      Dealer 4 $1,823 below adjusted TMV
      Dealer 5 $2,125 below adjusted TMV
      Dealer 6 $1,925 below adjusted TMV
      Dealer 7 $1,666 below adjusted TMV

I'm sure Edmunds adjusts TMV over time, so this situation may improve. But for now, having just purchased a week ago, these were my experiences.

Hope This Helps!

-- Jim
  • Options
    Jim,

The year, make, and engine was posted as part of the title bar on my post. As I said it was an 05 4Runner 2WD, V6. I have the following options;

Double-Decker cargo system
        Cargo Net (GN)
        Carpet/Floor Mats (CF)
        Roof Rack and Cross Bar (DR)
        Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift
        lever with integrated cruise and audio
        controls
        Electrochromic Rearview Mirror (EC)
        Driver and front passenger sliding sun
        visors with illuminated vanity mirror [6]
        Anti-theft alarm system

as well as the standards.

MSRP $28,650 according to Edmunds
     Invoice $25,587 according to Edmunds
     TMV $27,134 according to Edmunds

Now I dealt with the dealers invoice and it was 28,021 including all the holdbacks.

I paid 24,242.00.

I feel I got a great deal. The sticker was 29,875.00.

So as I see it I paid almost 4,000 below dealer invoice.

Thanks
  • Options
    getnsmart,

> The year, make, and engine was posted as
    > part of the title bar on my post.

Oops - sorry for not paying attention! :-)

So, did you get the SR5, Sport, or Limited?

I think there is still confusion about prices, though. The dealer invoice is the price that Toyota charges the dealer, and MSRP is the "sticker price" the dealer would like to charge you. Of course, with holdbacks and various incentives, the dealer actually pays less than "invoice".

You say the dealer invoice was 28,021 and the sticker was 29,875. These both sound like MSRP to me, with different things included. Maybe the "invoice" didn't include the advertising charge, or some dealer add-ons?

In any case, if Edmunds says the invoice is 25,587 and you paid 24,242, I would say that 1,345 below invoice (not 4,000 below) is, indeed, a great deal!

Enjoy!

-- Jim
  • Options
    slcfbpslcfbp Member Posts: 2
    Bought it yesterday (11/6/04)

Had the following options:
    running daylight, side airbags, X-Rear suspension, Sun roof, carpet/,mats, JBL disc-changer/10 speaker. Pacific metal blue.

Got it through a Costco deal:

Sticker, all included: 39,990

Invoice, all included: 36,030

Purchase price (Costco = Invoice + $1,000) = 37,030

Seamless deal, excellent payment for trade-in

Added the 6/75K warranty for $990

Financing (through the dealer): 30,000 at 3.74%/60m (better than my own credit union's 4.25%).

We already have a 2001 Toyota Sequya (bought from new), which we absolute love, and have no dobut the 4Runner is going to be great.

We actually have used the Sequya off road (up to medium difficulty or 5/10 --> awsome) and intend to do the same with the 4Runner.
  • Options
    >So, did you get the SR5, Sport, or Limited?

Its an SR5.
  • Options
    I noticed that you paid $1000 over invoice through the COSTCO program. What state do you live in? I live in California (San Diego) and I went through COSTCO initially, too. They a COSTCO dealer quoted me $300 over invoice and I ended up paying $100 over invoice on my 2005 4Runner, once dealers started negotiating with me. I'm just curious.
  • Options
    snarkussnarkus Member Posts: 4
    I am looking to purchase a 4Runner SR5 and wondering if this is a good deal.

Dealer Pricing:
    Base $25691
    Access. 370
    Destination 565
    TDA 648
    Dealer Holdback 595
    Whsl Financial Reserv. 297
    Total Inv. $28166

They are offering to sell it at $28665. Why are they including their holdback in the invoice price and what the heck is Whsl. Financial Reserve?

Please help with some good advice.
  • Options
    jiminsd1jiminsd1 Member Posts: 3
    Hi, I also live in San Diego and looking for the same. What dealer did you end up with? Thanks.
  • Options
    coranchercorancher Member Posts: 232
    snarkus, they're just throwing some stuff on their version of the "invoice" price and hoping you'll fall for it. To determine what they actually pay for the vehicle after all is said and done, holdback and wholesale financial reserve should be *subtracted* from the invoice price and not added to it. Silly games that a surprising numbers of dealers play, now that customers are commonly working from invoice prices.

You can search elsewhere at edmunds.com and find out more about these fees.

One can over-analyze these figures, though. Dealers have legitimate costs of doing business that aren't itemized on invoices, so I think it's best to haggle with several dealers and/or use a buying service that cuts through all this. I had some good luck with carbargains.com.
  • Options
    black_tulipblack_tulip Member Posts: 435
    I am planning to purchase this vehicle shortly. If someone could tell me, based on his/her experience, what is the lowest a typical dealer would take for this vehicle, I would appreciate it. I am in NC. I am posting this in the smart shopper as well as the 4runner forum.

Model: Toyota 4 Runner SR5 4wd V6 (5 Spd Automatic)
    Model Year: 2005
    Color: Black
    Interior: Stone Fabric

Options Installed

115v Ac Power Point-NAAT

Power Tilt/Slide Moonroof w/Sunshade-SRAT

Curtain & Side Airbags: Driver & Front-GYAT

Carpet/Trunk Mat (req. DD Cargo Sys)-PV60

Daytime Running Lights-RLAT

Double Decker Cargo System W/-CMAT

Black Roof Rack & Cross Bars-DRAT

Leather Steering Wheel and shift knob:-NEAT

17" Alloy Wheels w/265/65R17 Tires-AWAT
  • Options
    Hello Jiminsd1,
    I bought my 2005 4Runner from Rick Taylor in the internet sales dept. at Escondido Toyota. They have expanded their new car operation and it's one of the biggest and nicest in the San Diego area. I was very surprised at how "state of the art" the dealership is now. If you need more info, I'd be happy to share it with you.
  • Options
    markjennmarkjenn Member Posts: 1,142
    corancher is right on. It appears they've futzed with the numbers so they can say they're doing $500 over 'invoice'. They know customers are looking for a certain amount over invoice, so they are moving the goalposts to be able to say what customers want to hear.

Just use base Edmunds invoice+dest and ask the dealers to give you whatever markup they need over this to make the deal, including all their costs. You're looking for the best deal, not some magic number over 'invoice'. This may be a good deal, depends on your local market. And be cautious when you hear reports on the net of someone getting a great deal - the dealer may have pulled the same trick to make the customer think they're getting a great deal. In the end, the best price is what you can negotiate in a given market on the day you're ready to buy.

- Mark
  • Options
    whazzupwhazzup Member Posts: 2
    Central NJ, best price thus far is Costco, $500 over invoice for '04 Limited V8. With the '05 V8 coming soon, they shoudl want to move these.
  • Options
    firetyfirety Member Posts: 5
    I received the following in an email from a dealer in the Chicago area regarding a 2005 Limited with sunroof, rear spoiler, mats, and running lights:

"I went onto edmunds and got the same price. With daytime running lights ($32) and carpet floor mats ($112) the total is $33,775. Edmunds does not add in in our advertising fee ($331), so now the total is $34,106. Keep in mind that edmunds is just a guide, but we are still selling at 2% over our invoice price of $34,081 ($34,762) which, in turn, is much less than what others are paying according to edmunds ($36, 068)."

Is it common to include this "advertising fee" as part of the invoice? I also think the practice of quoting as a % above their invoice is a little fishy. Seems to me as though they are trying to tell you what you want to hear.

But, only my second time buying a car, so maybe this is how things work.

Thanks
  • Options
    "If the ad fee is in the car's invoice, paying it seems unavoidable. If it has been written into the dealership's contract as an additional item, you may be able to get it removed."

Letters to the Editors

Instead of playing the percentages, just focus on your out the door price, and let the dealer allocate your money how it wants to.

Steve, Host
  • Options
    kdallaskdallas Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone have some advice to help me fix a deal that I messed up. I feel I did fine on getting a price I wanted for the car. But I realized today after buying yesterday, they worked me over in financing! :(

Stupid me let them talk me into lowering my APR by almost 3% by adding on GAP insurance and a maintenance warranty that cover wear and tear as well as getting Lo Jack and Theft Guard. I still can't believe I fell for it. For the Maintenance warranty and GAP insurance I have a time period that I can cancel those out. So I'm off to the dealership on Monday to get those cancelled!!!! I don't know about the Lo Jack or Theft Guard. Lo Jack hasn't even been installed on my 4 Runner yet. My question is if I do cancel those out will I still be able to keep my lower percentage rate? I know I got screwed it doesn't make sense to lower my percentage rate by charging me more for the other added stuff. So I should be able to fight that one, right??

I'm so embarrased by this because I feel I did good with my price negotiation and left it so they were still making profit. But I allowed them to pull one over on me in financing. :( COMPLETELY EMBARRASSED and wanting any advice!!!! :(
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Don't be embarrassed! Purchasing a vehicle can be a difficult process, and often takes a long time. By the end, you can get really tired and worn down, and a lot of people make mistakes. The good news is that it sounds like you can correct some of the errors. Depending on the laws in your state, you may not be able to unwind the rest of the deal. You'll want to first check with your bank/credit union/E-loan to see what rate they can offer if you re-finance with them. You may find it's nearly as attractive as the best rate you received at the dealership.

Since this question is more about financing in general than it is about the price of the 4Runner, you might want to re-post your question here:
    Questions About Financing New Vehicles
    where some of our members who have expertise in this area can offer you advice.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    greengreen Member Posts: 15
    After months of reading and research, I've confirmed in my mind that a 4runner is the only vehicle I want. It just seemed goofy, however, to buy one without ever having driven one so I headed on over to a dealership close by and took a test drive. The salesman was super nice and afterwards let me off the lot without any attempt to sell me the car. Since the dealership is very close to my home, I'm considering calling him and letting him know up front that I'll be negotiating a good price based on internet information and see if he wants to deal with me or not, but that's another story. My main question however is this: If I were to go through an internet buying cycle and ended up with the internet contact at the same dealership, could my having taken a test drive with a salesman there create any problem?
  • Options
    ccmanccman Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone recommend the Gold over Platinum Extra care Package
      7 Year /100K/0 for 4 Runner

Offered price of 900.00 for Gold, Dealer never told me about Platinum

Or are they really not needed
  • Options
    obrien040362obrien040362 Member Posts: 134
    I would say save your money. Toyota's just don't break. If you first repair is less than $900 you are still ahead. Usually after the 36 month warranty is up toyota will re offer then extended warranty (through the mail).

Consumer reports also does not recommend extended warranties.

When I bought a Camery for my mother we were offered the extended warranty. If I remember right if you have no claims after 7 years then they refund the money (or maybe 1/2 of it I can't remember but I think it was 100 % of the money). I still said I did not need it.
  • Options
    ttenragttenrag Member Posts: 38
    If you want the cheapest price and live on the East Coast go to www.darcars.com

They are selling all 4runners generally around $2000 below dealer invoice.
  • Options
    aseenjaseenj Member Posts: 5
    After months, ok years of planning I'm finally ready to retire my 1996 4runner and buy new. At first I wanted a used truck to save a few dollars but I'm finding for a couple thousand more I can have something brand new.

I need some serious advice since I plan to buy very soon. Here is what I'm looking at:

2004 4Runner Sport Edition 4WD
    Natural White
    Sunroof
    Rear Spoiler
    Preferred Accessory Package
    6 disc strereo system

I located one in Western PA and called the dealer

The MSRP is 33,968
    The Inivoice is 30,527

He said he would sell for $400.00 over invoice
    Plus there is a $900 incentive he will include

Total I would pay is 30,027.

I have read many who pay much less than invoice. Does this sould like a good deal or shoudl I offer less?

Thanks for all the excellent advice I have read and Ihope someone will share their knowledge and help me get a fair deal