Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Nissan Murano Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    tmnjmaxtmnjmax Member Posts: 19
    Its probably a legit deal- just be sure the dealer doesn't try to make up for it by adding back in a few hundred for doc fee/decor package etc. Its easy for them to make back a few hundred dollars on a price that otherwise looks unbeatable.
  • Options
    willangelawillangela Member Posts: 6
    If anyone has purchased a '07 Murano in the Charlotte Metro area, please post your experience and results. I'm just getting started and I'd like to purchase a new Murano and want to get the best deal. Does buying at year end help?

:)
    Thanks
    Angela
  • Options
    terry92270terry92270 Member Posts: 1,247
    Angela,

There are some great bargains to be had at years end on unsold stock. However the flip side of that is the depreciation.

Example of right now, when new 2007's are flooding in, there are still some 2006 models to be sold, new. They however will incur a depreciation penalty of two years when bought now that the 2007's are here. So, you will pay less now for a 2006, however when you go to sell it, the car will be one year older than comparable vehicles bought now.

So, you save money now, but lose it later, or vice-versa in buying a current model year.
  • Options
    tanthony66tanthony66 Member Posts: 4
    Just bought a 2007 SL 2wd with touring package and Navigation for $32999. This is before TT&L. It even came with the rubber weather mat in the rear (probably worth $50) LOL

Sticker price was just shy of 37K (36740 I believe). Anyways, the vehicle is GREAT! My wife will be the lucky one driving it, so she will have to keep me informed....
  • Options
    terry92270terry92270 Member Posts: 1,247
    Congratulations on purchasing a great car! :)

But beware, I had the same situation, incurred a penalty for stealing it too much, and was ordered to buy my own! :P
  • Options
    Haha! Yes, I can see how it could become a problem... I'll have to wait until she goes to bed... :-)
  • Options
    houstoncooghoustoncoog Member Posts: 2
    I am currently in the middle of deciding whether to get into this lease.
    The Murano is a 2006 S base model. The lease I ahve worked out with the dealer is about $350 a month with zero down for 39 month 15k/yr
    Please let me know if anyone has any thougths on this. This will be my first big "purchase"/"commitment" out of school and was wondering if it was a good deal. Thanks!
    the residual is sitting at 49% and the money factor is .00039.
    Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
  • Options
    tmnjmaxtmnjmax Member Posts: 19
    That payment with no money down sounds about right.

You'll need to supply the msrp and selling price before anyone can give you a better opinion.
  • Options
    I talked to the Internet Salesperson at Superior Nissan in Charlotte, NC and this is what we've discussed on a '07 Murano SL T4 Touring Package/Silver with Cafe Latte interior (not wild about that combo) which includes: the premium, sunroof and leather package for $31,800. Total out the door price is $33,186 ($64 DMV, 3% sales tax and $389 processing fee). I want to get rid of the $389 processing fee but overall think it's a sweet deal. Any thoughts?

We have exceptional credit at 748 and 751 Experian and 781 on both for Equifax and TU. We're putting $0 down. Monthly $470 for a 39 month lease and $586 purchase. On the purchase, my calculation is different - $461 per month for 72 months and a lease of $470 appears to be high.

Please let me know what I'm missing on this transaction.

Thanks.
    Angela :confuse:
  • Options
    I'll post the money factor, residual value on a 39 month lease with $0 down on a 12k and 15k mile lease shortly.

Thanks.
    Angela
  • Options
    Does your offer include a Navigation system? If so, thats a great price! If not, you could probably subtract an additional $500 IMO.
  • Options
    Ok, I have more details on '07 Murano SL Touring Pkg w/12k miles, 39 month lease

Inception Fees: 451.01 1st month payment, 13.53 sales tax, 68.00 registration, 389 documentation fee) total $921.54

Money factor: .001440
    Orig MSRP: 35,100
    Max. Advance: $39,160 (what is this?)
    Residual Value: 52% - $18,252.00
    Annual Miles: 12,000
    Mileage Adjustment: 1% - $351.00
    Adjusted Residual Value: $18,603.00

Dealer Cost: 32,007
    Selling Price: 31,807 (w/CarPerks discount)
    Adj. Selling Price: $32,728.54
    Assignment Fee: $550 (told this is what NMAC charges for the lease - how is that different than the 1st month's payment?)
    Total Cap Cost: $33,278.54
    Vehicle Mark-Up -200.00
    Warranty Mark-up, paid reserve, dealer incentive, trade over allowance - all at zero
    Total Profit: -200.00 (yeah right!)

Payment recap: $451.01+3% = 464.54 per month

That's on the 12k per year lease. What are your thoughts? I'll post the details for the 15k per year lease on another message to avoid confusion.

Thanks for your time everybody.

Angela
  • Options
    Ok, I have more details on '07 Murano SL Touring Pkg w/15k miles, 39 month lease

Inception Fees: 459.74 1st month payment, 13.79 sales tax, 68.00 registration, 389 documentation fee) total $930.54

Money factor: .001440
    Orig MSRP: 35,100
    Max. Advance: $39,160 (what is this?)
    Residual Value: 52% - $18,252.00
    Annual Miles: 15,000
    Mileage Adjustment: 1% - $0.00 (I'm sure this is wrong)
    Adjusted Residual Value: $18,252.00 (I'm sure this is wrong)

Dealer Cost: 32,007
    Selling Price: 31,807 (w/CarPerks discount)
    Adj. Selling Price: $32,728.54
    Assignment Fee: $550 (told this is what NMAC charges for the lease - how is that different than the 1st month's payment?)
    Total Cap Cost: $33,278.54
    Vehicle Mark-Up -200.00
    Warranty Mark-up, paid reserve, dealer incentive, trade over allowance - all at zero
    Total Profit: -200.00 (yeah right!)

Payment recap: $459.74+3% = 473.54 per month

That's on the 15k per year lease. What are your thoughts?

Thanks for your time everybody.

Angela
  • Options
    houstoncooghoustoncoog Member Posts: 2
    MSRP 28500
    Selling was 26500 drive out.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,432
    Max advance.. This is the maximum that NMAC will allow for a gross cap cost on this particular vehicle. It doesn't apply in your case. If the vehicle sold for MSRP + fees + rolled over negative equity, etc, etc. then they might need that.

On the 15K vs. 12K lease... On the 12K lease, they adjust the residual up by 1%. No adjustment on the 15K lease as that is the standard mileage.. No mistake there. The residual value for 15K is 1% lower.

It looks like all of your inception fees, including the 1st payment have been rolled into the cap cost. Is this a sign and drive lease, with nothing due? Or, is there a NET cap cost hiding somewhere?

$550 fee to NMAC. This is standard on all leases. Sort of like an origination fee on a home mortgage. It is separate from your payment. It is strictly revenue for the finance company.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx,

Thanks for replying and clarifying the terms. How are my numbers am I good there? Room to negotiate more? Are the payment and terms good or should I look for better?

It's a sign and drive as far as I know. I'm confirming now.

Thanks again.
    Angela
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,432
    I'm not up on selling prices for the Murano (look back over this discussion for that info).... and, I don't really know if those are the proper money factors, etc...

But, given their numbers, the lease payment is correct, right to the penny..

So.. you are on the right track.. Given the numbers quoted, you should be driving out with nothing due at signing... not even the first payment.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    mekunsel1mekunsel1 Member Posts: 3
    I saw someone say they got a 7yr/70K mile for just over $1200 for the Gold Preferred & $50 deductible.

I was just in at the dealer and they had a new finance person, so I decided to give it a shot...like someone else on the forum I have a Honda Odyssey and got a 7yr/75K warranty for about $900 a few years ago.

I got quoted $1091 for a 7yr/70K with $50 deductible; and
    $1221 for the $0 deductible. For $130 over 4 more years of driving (I'm at 3 yrs in January), I would think that I'll get more than 3 visits....I was told that she had a "coupon" that she could use -- and that she had a few left.

Is there anyone (dealer) out there willing to beat this deal? My e-mail is mikek1966@hotmail.com I only want the Nissan Preferred Gold with $0 deductible. I'm going to make a decision before Christmas.

And I'm disappointed that Nissan's warranties aren't as cost effective as Hondas....and now Honda is offering an 8 year/125K mile warranty --> that is AWESOME! But I sure love driving my Murano SE better than anything (okay my Porsche 968 was more fun but not as well equipped); and the Murano SL still beats the HOnda Odyssey any day of the week (we have both SE & SL)--> if anyone doesn't like their SE and wants to trade for a 2004 SL with 36K miles, please let me know (must have leather & xenons at minimum).
  • Options
    vns1018vns1018 Member Posts: 3
    I am being offered $30,544 (invoice price + $200) for a 2007 2WD Murano SL with the Leather Package, Crossbars, Splash Guards, Floor Matts, and Cargo Protector.

Is this a good deal, or should I be able to get it below invoice?

They also want to add on a $493 Dealer Cost fee. The extra $200 they say is b/c they have to get the car I want from another Nissan Dealer about 4 hours away.
  • Options
    ctxctx Member Posts: 50
    Hmm. do you have other dealers to get competing quotes near by? Where do you live?

Last April I got an '06, 2wd, touring, mats, etc for 31326 - was $500 under invoice. Oh guess what. They got my car from another dealership. That should NOT be included in your cost. Either they have the car or they don't.
  • Options
    vns1018vns1018 Member Posts: 3
    I live in FL. There are other dealers that I can contact, however 1 that I did contact said the car I wanted didn't exist. And guess what, when I looked online tonight I couldn't find it either. So I wonder if this car truly does exist at another dealership. At any rate, the nearest dealership to me as an 07 Murano SL 2WD with the Touring package, mats, cargo protector, splash guards in the color we want(Midnight Blue). So I can maybe work a deal on that for either invoice or below invoice, what do u think?
    That car has a MSRP of 35030 and an invoice of 31951. I'll have to find out if they charge a "dealer fee" as well though.
  • Options
    austexaustex Member Posts: 62
    I am being offered $36900 drive out on 07 AWD Murano SL (NO VDC/TRACTION) with Touring package, cargo protectors, splash guards,roofrack, destination of $650 I think. This is even before negotiating. Showed us some paper saying that's his price! Didnt talk holdback :-) I have a offer for a 06 RWL FX35 drive out for $35400. Mileage is slightly better on Murano ... but tteh FX has a MSRP of around $41 and it also includes Touring and handsfree package and VDC etc are standard on it!

The salesman was telling me how AWD is enough and I dont need a VDC. I am not sure about that. Anyone has thoughts on that?
  • Options
    zozkzozk Member Posts: 7
    I am in the market to buy Murano in the Seattle area. I don't want to spent hours at the dealership haggling prices. Has anyone purchased Murano in the Seattle area recently (last 6 months)? If yes, please share details of dealership you went to, price you paid, options you added and general experiences. Thanks much.
  • Options
    hanhtranhanhtran Member Posts: 11
    Douglas Nissan of Orange have offered 25,300.
    No convenient package, plus ttl of course.
    Decent?
  • Options
    tdiehltdiehl Member Posts: 13
    07 Murano
    AWD
    Touring Package
    Floor mats
    splash guards

Got dealer online quote of $33,102($200 under invoice)

Good deal? this dealership is about 2 hours away..Can I take this quote to closer dealers and expect similar quotes? Better yet, can it be done via email? Upon reading it seems so...but if anyone has an recent experiences on this that would be great to know. Should I even bother haggling for a lower price...or is $200 under pretty decent?
  • Options
    Usually the first quote recieved is not the lowest quote possible. Email that quote to other dealers and see if they can beat it and continue to do so until the minimal selling price is reached.
  • Options
    If any of you live in southern california and is interested in a 2006 glacier pearl brand new(250 miles) no convenient package for 23,000 after rebate. Email me and I will refer you to a salesman and dealer. hanh_tran60@yahoo.com.
  • Options
    djolydjoly Member Posts: 4
    How good is this lease?

39 month lease
    15k per year
    2500.00 total due at signing
    355.00 per month

Specs are listed below:

2006 Nissan Murano SL

Drivetrain
    AWD

Packages and Options

Dynamic Control Package
    $750

Leather Package
    Incl.

Premium Package
    Incl.

Sunroof Package
    Incl.

Touring Package
    $4600

Accessories

Cargo Area Protector
    $80

Carpeted Floor Mats
    $90

Roof Rail Crossbars
    $190

Splash Guards
    $120

Sunroof Wind Deflector
    $90

Base MSRP $30,750.00
    Total Packages, Options, & Accessories $5,920.00
    Destination & Handling $605.00

Total MSRP† $37,275.00
  • Options
    Thanks, I made my purchase yesterday and am lovin it!
  • Options
    pidoubletpidoublet Member Posts: 6
    What state was this deal in? I am looking for an 06 in Western Pennsylvania
  • Options
    In Maine.
  • Options
    ronaldcronaldc Member Posts: 50
    Assuming the $2500 includes first payment,acquisition fee, tags and doc fees, the pre tax payment of $355.00 is a very good lease deal. If you like the Murano, go for it. The supply of 2006's are getting scarce.
  • Options
    Yes, I did sign this deal with the $2500 due at signing which included 1st months payment, tax, title, doc, acquisition fee, tags, security deposit, ect...

ronaldc - What do you mean by the "pre tax payment" of $355 per month? My total monthly payment is $355 per month.

Does anyone feel I could have done better?

Thanks in advance to all.
  • Options
    ronaldcronaldc Member Posts: 50
    Sales tax. Depending on the state you live, sales taxes are usually computed by multiplying your states sales tax rate by the monthly payment. This will be disclosed in your lease agreement.
  • Options
    rio629rio629 Member Posts: 1
    I'm in need of a new car and am seriously considering a Murano. I like the looks and the "luxury" feel the car has, without the price that goes along with typical luxury cars. My main concern for my next vehicle is reliability - I have had TWO lemons in the past 2 years, which I fortunately was able to get bought back by the manufacturers, and these cars were "luxury" cars with price tags over $45k. Also, in addition to the reliability, I'm looking for a good deal, of course! Anyone bought recently in the OC, California, area? I'm thinking a lease is the way for me to go, and I know I'm about out of time on the end of year deals! My current car goes back the manufacturer tomorrow, so perfect timing for my new car. Any advice would be great. This forum is SO helpful!
  • Options
    xchenxchen Member Posts: 3
    I just bought a Murano SL with leather packages, premium packages, roof packages and protection package for 33k OTD.

Do you guys think this is a good price? Tampa, Fl
  • Options
    yeah, that's about what I just paid. over 3K under MSRP..pretty decent
  • Options
    blue121blue121 Member Posts: 1
    I have an offer for an 07 Murano SL AWD with cargo area protector, carpeted floor mats, and splash guards for $29, 300 (including destination fee) in the NYC area. What do you guys think of this price? Thanks for the help!
  • Options
    that's MSRP for a FWD 07 Murano with no accessories, you sure it's AWD? Sounds like a pretty good deal if it is AWD.
  • Options
    captain8captain8 Member Posts: 26
    Greetings -

I am being offered $30315 for a 2006 AWD SE Murano in Berkeley, CA. This includes a $1000 rebate - the price I quoted above takes that into account.

It's the last 2006 Murano on their lot. Is this a good deal?

Thank you!

Captain8
  • Options
    sounds alright to me....any packages on this Murano? Touring?
  • Options
    I'm kind of new at this - I'm gonna have to ask.

Check back later. Thanks
  • Options
    ctxctx Member Posts: 50
    Two comments:

1. What options come with the SE Murano?

2. Get the Murano. You WON'T regret it. :D
  • Options
    It comes with the sunroof package, floormats and four splash guards. That's it, I believe.
  • Options
    It comes with the sunroof package, floor mats and splash guards. Thanks!
  • Options
    so, it is not the touring option and doesn't have the leather. Again, sorry - am new at this. Just trying to get the best price.
  • Options
    Hi there -

Me again - I am new at this thanks for your patience.

Okay, I was offered $30315 for a 2006 SE AWD Murano. It comes with the sunroof package, splash guards and floor mats. It does NOT have the touring package. However, it did have the rear video camera (COOL!!!), the six CD player, bose stereo system and even a tape deck (who needs that?)

The offered included a $1000 rebate - which is calculated above.

He said he was giving me a total of $4750 off of MSRP (and was a nice guy - not pushy like most of them). It's at Berkeley Nissan and IS their last 2006.

Is this a good deal? And, given that I am ready to buy, any suggestions on what you would counter? Does anyone think I could get it for $28K or lower?
  • Options
    jack47jack47 Member Posts: 312
    Don't forget..if you buy a 2006...the minute you turn on the ignition you are driving a one year old car that has depreciated >25%.

Consider that when negotiating a price.
  • Options
    Sounds like a real good deal to me...Below 28 might be pushing it...especially with them offering the $1K rebate.. Research the exact MSRP, you can do this on Edmunds...then see how much lower the 30315 is..see if he's telling you the truth...
  • Options
    First, thanks for BOTH comments - to you and the other guy. Good thgoughts and greatly appreciated.

Second - DUH! Thank you VERY much for asking me to do the research. It all gets a little overwhelming at times and sometimes the best advice is the simplest.

So, I DID, in fact, research MSRP. And, Edmunds says MSRP for this exact model is $35110. So, in fact, he IS giving me close to $4700 off MSRP. (It's not exact, but if I start quibbling over $45 in a $30,000 deal, then I'm being too stingy, and in any event, the fact is he's offering MORE than $4750 off of MSRP.)

I'm not sure how this plays into the other comment about depreciation, which is also a very good point.

But, at least I have a good base and know I am getting a decent deal. Now, I just need to decide:

if I want the murano (I am also looking at a RAV 4 and I know it's two ENTIRELY different animals - part of me feels like the Murano is too grown up for me at this stage and is the kind of car I should have later in life), and what to counter if I do counter.

I think you are right about $28K. That said, if I counter that and they come back at $29,000, I can jump on that.

Thanks again - very helpful.

captain