Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2015 Volkswagen Touareg Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,337

How does the lease cash work, is it added after the negotiated price of the vehicle? Also are there still lease figures for 2014's I found a v6 sport sitting at a dealer. 36mo/15k in Nothern California

Lease cash should be applied after you've negotiated your best price.

I have no lease information for the 2014 model year.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,266

How does the lease cash work, is it added after the negotiated price of the vehicle? Also are there still lease figures for 2014's I found a v6 sport sitting at a dealer. 36mo/15k in Nothern California

Lease cash is a dealer incentive for VW. Use that knowledge to make appropriate offers.

No lease support for 2014 models

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    AutomatedTraderAutomatedTrader Member Posts: 5
    edited July 2015
    Looking for Texas VW Lease info for July 2015

Looking at a new 2015 VW Touareg V6 (gas) w/Tech Pkg at 50,300 (approx)

Need current Lease Cash available & MF for 36 mon/15k miles & 36 mon/12k

Thanks!!!
  • Options

Looking for Texas VW Lease info for July 2015

Looking at a new 2015 VW Touareg V6 (gas) w/Tech Pkg at 50,300 (approx)

Need current Lease Cash available & MF for 36 mon/15k miles & 36 mon/12k

Thanks!!!

.00001 MF and 43%/45% residual. $7000 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    AutomatedTraderAutomatedTrader Member Posts: 5
    WOW! $7000 Lease cash is still available in July! All the dealers keep acting like the Lease Cash is only $3000 but I have not pressed them on the issue YET! LOL

I am going to start working a deal this weekend and see what happens. If they tell me there is only $3k Lease Cash available how can I challenge those statements? I suppose I could call VW National and get them to acknowledge the $7k Lease Cash is available in Texas for July....might just do that first.

Thanks for all the great info!!!
  • Options

WOW! $7000 Lease cash is still available in July! All the dealers keep acting like the Lease Cash is only $3000 but I have not pressed them on the issue YET! LOL

I am going to start working a deal this weekend and see what happens. If they tell me there is only $3k Lease Cash available how can I challenge those statements? I suppose I could call VW National and get them to acknowledge the $7k Lease Cash is available in Texas for July....might just do that first.

Thanks for all the great info!!!

Lease cash is factory to dealer, so unlikely that VW will confirm it to a customer.

Work with multiple dealers ... only takes one to make a deal on your terms.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    warbernwarbern Member Posts: 73
    I am thinking about leasing a 2015 TDI Executive in CA. Could you please tell me what the current MF and residual is on a 3 year lease with 10k miles. Also, I am assuming the 7k Lease Cash still applies. Thanks. Much appreciated.
  • Options
    warbern said:

I am thinking about leasing a 2015 TDI Executive in CA. Could you please tell me what the current MF and residual is on a 3 year lease with 10k miles. Also, I am assuming the 7k Lease Cash still applies. Thanks. Much appreciated.

.00001 and 50%. $6500 lease cash for TDI; $7000 for V6 models.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    joel_parkerjoel_parker Member Posts: 4
    Looking for the lease info on either a 2015 VR6 lux or Exec in Florida. 10 miles a year. I originally got quoted $719 before taxes and then $746 a month on a sale price of 53000 on a tdi lux. I thought that was rather high and almost the same rate as doing the 0% 72 months financing.
  • Options

Looking for the lease info on either a 2015 VR6 lux or Exec in Florida. 10 miles a year. I originally got quoted $719 before taxes and then $746 a month on a sale price of 53000 on a tdi lux. I thought that was rather high and almost the same rate as doing the 0% 72 months financing.

.00001 and 46% 36/10 for all V6 Touaregs this month, with $7000 lease cash.

.00001 and 50% 36/10 for the TDI; $6500 lease cash.

What is the MSRP of the vehicle in question?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    On the TDI, I think 58000. They were going to sell it for around 53000.
  • Options

On the TDI, I think 58000. They were going to sell it for around 53000.

Given that there is $6500 lease cash, you're actually paying over sticker?

With the numbers as you've given me, I get a payment of $667.49/mo before tax.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    That is what I thought also, and tax can't be that much, so they are just holding out. Maybe I should ask around at other dealerships, but this is the only one within 50 miles.
  • Options
    The number they gave me per month was something like 719 plus tax, resulting in like 746.
  • Options

The number they gave me per month was something like 719 plus tax, resulting in like 746.

Yeah, something's not right. I'd reach out to a couple of other VW dealers, might be worth the drive if they can beat the local deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    devilsadvct33devilsadvct33 Member Posts: 117
    Do you have the August MF and RV for sport/lux/exec 36/15 for diesel and gasoline? Any incentives?
  • Options

Do you have the August MF and RV for sport/lux/exec 36/15 for diesel and gasoline? Any incentives?

36/15 numbers:

V6 - .00001 and 43%. $7000 lease cash

TDI - .00001 and 47%. $6500 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    hamy2hamy2 Member Posts: 16
    36 Month 15k Lease

2015 Touareg TDI LUX
    MSRP: $61,470
    Cap Cost: $53,670
    Acquisition Fee: $625
    Doc Fee: $134
    Due at Signing; $1,000
    MF: .00001
    Residual: $28,890
    PA Use Tax: 9%
    Quoted Payment: $715 w/ Tax ?!
    Calculated Payment: $547 w/ Tax (Including $6,500 Lease Cash)

What am I missing here? Are my calculations way off? Or is this dealer taking me for a ride…maybe both?
  • Options
    hamy2 said:

36 Month 15k Lease

2015 Touareg TDI LUX
    MSRP: $61,470
    Cap Cost: $53,670
    Acquisition Fee: $625
    Doc Fee: $134
    Due at Signing; $1,000
    MF: .00001
    Residual: $28,890
    PA Use Tax: 9%
    Quoted Payment: $715 w/ Tax ?!
    Calculated Payment: $547 w/ Tax (Including $6,500 Lease Cash)

What am I missing here? Are my calculations way off? Or is this dealer taking me for a ride…maybe both?

My guess is that the cap cost already includes the lease cash.

With those numbers, I get $751/mo with tax. The low residual is what's hurting here.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    hamy2hamy2 Member Posts: 16
    Michaell said:

With those numbers, I get $751/mo with tax. The low residual is what's hurting here.

Thanks for the quick reply and great service you provide to us consumers! The dealer advertised the price of $53,670 as a buy or lease price so I assumed it didn't include lease cash. They're trying to blow out the remaining Touareg's with a lease special on TDI LUX's of $479 for 36 w/ 10k per year. $2,500 due at signing.

So that's why I'm confused how my payment ballooned to $715 by just adding miles to the lease and reducing out of pocket costs by $1,500.

The dealer isn't forthcoming with the details of lease cash. Should they be? Do they have to disclose that? To your point, I can't get to $715 a month using their numbers so something is up?
  • Options
    hamy2 said:

Michaell said:

Thanks for the quick reply and great service you provide to us consumers! The dealer advertised the price of $53,670 as a buy or lease price so I assumed it didn't include lease cash. They're trying to blow out the remaining Touareg's with a lease special on TDI LUX's of $479 for 36 w/ 10k per year. $2,500 due at signing.

So that's why I'm confused how my payment ballooned to $715 by just adding miles to the lease and reducing out of pocket costs by $1,500.

The dealer isn't forthcoming with the details of lease cash. Should they be? Do they have to disclose that? To your point, I can't get to $715 a month using their numbers so something is up?
    Lease cash is a factory to dealer incentive - dealer is not obligated to pass it on to the customer, but many will.

Each $1000 represents $28/mo on the payment, and the 1% difference between 10K and 12K is another $600, or $17/mo.

Ask the dealer what the net cap cost is; you need to be comfortable with how the dealer arrived at that amount.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    lansdowne1lansdowne1 Member Posts: 4
    hello, I got an offer from dealer for leasing 2015 Touareg TDI sports/tech

MSRP: $53475
    Term: 36months
    Down: $0
    Mile: 15k/yr
    Monthly: $650/month (includes taxes and other fees)
    Residual: $25133

What do you guys think about this deal?
  • Options

What is the selling price or net cap cost?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Michaell said:

The net cap cost was $46149 which monthly payment was $662. But I was able to lower the monthly to $650 with residual value staying the same. I do not know how that lowered monthly payment affects the net cap cost (i am also planning to buy this after the lease ends, is it not a good idea?)
  • Options

Michaell said:

The net cap cost was $46149 which monthly payment was $662. But I was able to lower the monthly to $650 with residual value staying the same. I do not know how that lowered monthly payment affects the net cap cost (i am also planning to buy this after the lease ends, is it not a good idea?)
    I get $584.48/mo before tax - what state is this and what is the tax rate

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:

Michaell said:

How did you get this number? I live in VA and tax rate is 4.1%. My plan was to purchase this car at OTD of $49000 with 0% finance, but instead the dealer gave me lease of $650 for 36months and buy out for $25133.
  • Options

Michaell said:

Michaell said:

How did you get this number? I live in VA and tax rate is 4.1%. My plan was to purchase this car at OTD of $49000 with 0% finance, but instead the dealer gave me lease of $650 for 36months and buy out for $25133.
    Virginia taxes the entire selling price, so the $650/mo sounds about right.

I have a home built spreadsheet I use for lease payment calculations.

If your plan is to keep the car a long time, lease+buy is not the way to go.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:

Michaell said:

Michaell said:

I see, then what would you suggest? I really need some experts advice on me getting this car. Dealer said they can't do $49000 with 0% financing.
  • Options

Michaell said:

Michaell said:

Michaell said:

I see, then what would you suggest? I really need some experts advice on me getting this car. Dealer said they can't do $49000 with 0% financing.
    I don't make decisions about other peoples money. I'm sure there are lease-only and purchase-only incentives; use the "Car Research" tab at the top of the page to link to them.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    tec7tec7 Member Posts: 11
    could you please let me know the residual% and money factor for touareg v6 36/12k?
  • Options
    tec7 said:

could you please let me know the residual% and money factor for touareg v6 36/12k?

.00001 MF and 45% residual. $7000 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    tec7tec7 Member Posts: 11
    thank you!!
  • Options
    Do you have the current MF and residual for a TDI Exec 36/15? Thanks.
  • Options

Do you have the current MF and residual for a TDI Exec 36/15? Thanks.

.00001 MF and 47% residual. $6500 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    2015a3tdi2015a3tdi Member Posts: 53
    Are the September V6 numbers the same as August...36/15, .00001, 43%, $7000 lease cash? Thanks!!
  • Options
    2015a3tdi said:

Are the September V6 numbers the same as August...36/15, .00001, 43%, $7000 lease cash? Thanks!!

September program isn't out yet.. August program runs through Monday.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:

2015a3tdi said:

September program isn't out yet.. August program runs through Monday.
    Thanks!
  • Options
    xxrobo818xx3xxrobo818xx3 Member Posts: 98
    Do same rates apply for year 2016 cars or just the 15s?
  • Options
    r0bh said:

Do same rates apply for year 2016 cars or just the 15s?

Different numbers for the 2016's:

Gas - .00001 and 45% for 36/15 - $3500 lease cash
    TDI - .00001 and 49% for 36/15 - $1500 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Hi- Do you have current numbers for a 2015 TDI Exec for a 36/15 term? Thanks.
  • Options

Hi- Do you have current numbers for a 2015 TDI Exec for a 36/15 term? Thanks.

.00001 and 46%. $7000 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    What are the current numbers for gas and TDI models, 2015, 36 month, 15k miles per year? thanks!
  • Options
    2015a3tdi said:

What are the current numbers for gas and TDI models, 2015, 36 month, 15k miles per year? thanks!

.00001 MF for both.

42% and $7500 lease cash for gas.

46% and $7000 lease cash for TDI (if you can still lease them)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    rick6675rick6675 Member Posts: 4
    Considering leasing a 2015 Touareg for 36 months, 10k miles/year, $0 down. I also believe that there may be $7,500 dealer lease cash (gas, $7,000 for diesel) and $2,000 VW loyalty bonus cash available Do you have MF and residual values for both gas and diesel? Thanks, you are awesome!
  • Options
    rick6675 said:

Considering leasing a 2015 Touareg for 36 months, 10k miles/year, $0 down. I also believe that there may be $7,500 dealer lease cash (gas, $7,000 for diesel) and $2,000 VW loyalty bonus cash available Do you have MF and residual values for both gas and diesel? Thanks, you are awesome!

.00001 MF

45% residual for gas with $7500 lease cash
    49% residual for TDI with $7000 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    rick6675rick6675 Member Posts: 4
    kyfdx said:

rick6675 said:

.00001 MF

Thank you, that is very helpful. Do you know if the MF and residual numbers are the same for the 2016 models?
  • Options
    rick6675 said:

kyfdx said:

rick6675 said:

.00001 MF

Thank you, that is very helpful. Do you know if the MF and residual numbers are the same for the 2016 models?
    Nope ... 2016 numbers for 36/10:

Gas - .00001 and 47%. $5000 lease cash
    TDI - .00001 and 51%. $4000 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    wolfsburg2wolfsburg2 Member Posts: 3
    what is the depreciation hit for 12k and 15k miles? THANKS
  • Options

what is the depreciation hit for 12k and 15k miles? THANKS

12K is 1% less than 10K, 15K is 3% less than 10K.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    ilovesprintilovesprint Member Posts: 29
    Hi,

Been given these lease figures for the 2015 Touareg VR6 Lux - Gas

MSRP $54,400
    Lease cash $7,000
    Discount of selling price $3,776
    MF .0001

My question is on the residual value of a 36/12 Lease - 44% - wow that seems really low

Is it all of VWs PR problems that are making this so low?

Car drives great, but it "feels" like I would be paying to much of this car @ 44%