Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• brentwood5brentwood5 Member Posts: 14
    KTS62 -
    The dealer offered to remove the added accessories on the car that make up the protection package, and reduce the selling price by $379. I decided to keep them. I know that I would have saved money by getting the accessories on-line and installing them myself... Anyway, according to my calculations, it seems like you paid invoice for yours. Congratulations!!! The documentation fee I paid was $45, it seems you paid $129. Other than that, you got a fantastic deal.
    nj2pa2nc -
    I tried but was not able to get the free oil change. However, the dealer does have promotions for oil change and tire rotation for $35, which is not bad. I did get a free nice polo shirt with the Acura logo. Mine is a 2008 automatic, no nav, carbon gray pearl with ebony interior.
  • yesaccaseyyesaccasey Member Posts: 6
    Yes, it is a little different. The deal on Acura's page is for a TSX without Navigation and 10,000 miles. I got a TSX w/nav and 12,000 miles.
  • wethertonwetherton Member Posts: 6
    With some haggling at two dealers, I just leased a black AT with Parchment interior no nav in Lexington KY.

$360.04 per month including tax
    $1000 out of pocket including first month, fees etc.
    10 k per year, going to buy the car anyway
    Access. at dealer cost ? bought trunk mat and all weather mats, very nice
    I think this was a good deal, not great but I was happy and the car is great, I was told that Acura studies suggest 89 octane to be the best overall, 93 too pure and burns too hot! I was going to call some service advisers to get more opinions.
  • thechairman1thechairman1 Member Posts: 13
    Just picked up my new TSX. 2008, non-nav, automatic trans. Leased for 36 mths, 12,000 miles per year, nothing down except fees of about $1380 (i.e., no cap cost reduction). $332/mth. Feeling like I got a pretty good deal based on what I'm reading here.
  • zeep6785zeep6785 Member Posts: 7
    It would be very helpful if folks who post pricing info on lease deals would include the actual price on which the lease terms are based, whether before TTL or out the door.

I think the term is "cap cost".
    thechairman1 -
    What was the selling price of the car used on the lease?
    Can you also break down the $1380 fees?

Thanks!
    wetherton -
    Are the accessories included in the lease or did you pay for them upfront?
  • cezzcezz Member Posts: 1
    One question Yesaccasey, what dealer in FL was this from, is this the Miami area? Please let me know since I am currently working with another dealer, and I am no where near such good deal. Many thanks. :)
  • kts62kts62 Member Posts: 10
    Hiya mjs504...
    I'm in greater Boston (good old Taxachusetts!) I apid $26,800 + TTL as some fees as I list in previous post within this thread.

Negotiating is a bit of a tough sport here but always possible.

My approach way to lay it out honestly - To tell them that I had done my research (Edmunds, Consumer reports CarPrice Svc, etc) and have decided to BUY a TSX Today at a fair price... that usually get's the "What's Fair ?" question.

Best if you go right into Sales Mgr Ofc with this approach - They will often speak with you directly so long as they aren't trying to close a different sale, it becomes a no commission deal (or their commission) at that point and they have to close the deal with you anyway...

In response to "What's Fair?" I tell them something like - I want you to be here when I need service, etc and I want you to make a profit ... then I layout the numbers that add up to my target price (e.g. Invoice - Dealer Hold Back - Any Mfg to Dealer Incentives = Price) I figure they always have a few additional items like Doc & Admin Fees that are mostly profit, and I know they wont accept my first offer, but it doesn't give them any wiggle room either as all the cards are on the table....(PS It's Too Early in MY2008 for TMV to be accurate as yet - witness the other deals listed here)

My Target Price on the TSX was Actual Dealer Cost + 1/2 of Dealer Holdback... I ended up paying about $200 more than that + about $129 in profitable Doc & Admin Fees...

Be Sure to discuss that negotiated price includes everything that goes to the dealer and anything above that must be Tax, Actual Fee for Title processing and Actual fee for License plates, inspection sticker, etc.

If you are getting close to a deal turn the tables on the sales guys - tell them you are really close and ask if he is going to "let go of the sale" over a measly couple hundred $$ ? Reminding him your offer is for right now today, not "maybe" or "next week". Sales Guys have good data indicating a vast majority of people who leave the store never come back in and even when they do , someone else gets the sale (commission)- that's why they try to get you to buy today...

Pull out your check book so that they can see it or mention you would be willing to make a credit card down payment to indicate your serious about Buying, not shopping....

Don't use this approach unless you truly are done shopping and ready to buy, they might just accept and you don't want it to be bluffing. If you just want to shop - do it online, go to diff. dealer or go Sat. afternoon (busiest) talk to that sales guy, ask "what's a good deal for this car? They'll often tell you a good ball park number, likely better than they can really do to hook your interest. Compare it to your own target prices and you know the range you are working in ...

NEVER Accept something higher than your target price - politely say thank-you when you reach an impasse and then tell them you will seriously consider it and call them tomorrow... Then do that. IF they say it's goo d for "today only"... thank them and leave, unless it's the 31st, and they are right on edge of bonus level, you'll get the same offer tomorrow or the next day.
    Good Luck on your deal - Remember its your money and they want it you can buy the car anywhere!
    :shades:
  • neil0220neil0220 Member Posts: 2
    Any idea on what kind of difference in pricing I can expect. I'm going Thursday to the dealer, but I don't know if they'll even have any black 06's lying around.

With the 2008's out and the $1000 marketing support on the 2007's I think I can get a good deal. Is getting one OTD under $25,000 possible?
  • kap8kap8 Member Posts: 22
    requested numbers from sales person in Westchester online to submit lease proposal (thanks, delta737h!!). manager quoted me TSX (didn't specify '07 or '08, but presume '08) at cap cost of $27,500, acquisition fee of $595, money factor .00185 and residual value 63% for non-navi, automatic, 36 mths, 12k miles/yr. Based on what I've seen here I'm going to try to get cap cost down to $26,800. What do you guys think?
    p.s. Thanks for all the advice I've used from here to successfully lease three cars over the past 9 years!!
  • mjs504mjs504 Member Posts: 18
    kts62 - Thank for your reply. It was very helpful. I have the following deal on the table:

2008 TSX, non-nav, automatic trans. 36 months, $325/month, 10,000 miles, $2,000 out the door. The deal includes Luggage Net, Trunk Tray, Wheel Locks and Front and Rear Splash Guards.

The price that I received is $26,630. The price including the accessories is $26,909.
  • kts62kts62 Member Posts: 10
    mjs504 -
    The Capitalzed Cost of your deal Looks Good !

You will need to back calculate the interest rate on the $325/mo. payment, But I think Acura has a 2.9% Lease deal going. Be carefull there and make sure you know the Annual Percent Rate (APR) not "Finance Factor" (the Fin Factor estimatable as APR/12) and the residual Value (the car's Book Value at the lease end). Dealers not offering the Acura Lease rate can hide profit in outrageous "Fin Factors" as they always look small but get applied each month (12 times per year). Residuals greatly affect the monthly payments. If you have no interest in buying the car after the lease is up, then argue for highest possible Residual Value Factor - I don't know what they are for TSX but shld be .55%+ maybe .60%+.

Lastly, the 10,000 annual miles seems a bit low, but it all depends on how much you drive annually.

If you get good answers, then it looks like you've done pretty good! Certainly better than current Emunds TMV.
  • mjs504mjs504 Member Posts: 18
    kts62 - I had the same thought regarding mileage but our current car was purchased in 2000 and we currently have 70k miles so the 10k should be fine. Worst case scenario is we go a little over in mileage and pay the .15 per mile.
  • mriouserwmriouserw Member Posts: 2
    I am located in Hawaii, and called my local Acura dealer for rough estimate quote on a 2007 Acura TSX 6-Speed Manual Trans, fully loaded with all the option packages. When I contacted the sales department, the salesperson said that the TSX was going for MSRP. Which in this case would be roughly $28,090 (not including the accessories). He seemed to be rather unenthusiastic about consulting me, probably due to the fact that I'm rather young. But nonetheless, I have worked in sales for car stereo, so I know somewhat my way around bargaining. But back to the subject, I told him I have a tight price range and am looking to buy it within the next 2-3 days. I then told him that I'm looking to spend no more than $26,000-$27,000 so that tax, licensing fee, etc. would bring it to the $29,000 range at the max. The salesperson said it could probably be done, but would be very difficult. He said if anything they would take the after market rims off and put the factory.

Need some savvy advice so that when I do actually goto the dealership in person, I have a good foundation to start my pitch. I'm figuring its the last 2007 model, and there are plenty of 2008 models with the same specs so I should be able to leave with a good deal.

Concluding this, I wanted to know if I get it for $27,000 range, coming out to $29,000 out the door. If I'm getting a good deal for the model and specs. If not, what should I do when I approach the dealer.

Thanks!
  • allanw23allanw23 Member Posts: 1
    I live in OKC, Oklahoma and we bought a 2008 Acura TSX W/NAV AT, trunk tray, wheel locks for $28,500 OTD w/ 4.9% locally after a little bargaining.
  • yesaccaseyyesaccasey Member Posts: 6
    I got this deal in Sarasota. I would think a larger dealer would do better since it was a pretty small dealer.
  • wethertonwetherton Member Posts: 6
    No, they did not throw in the items, but sold them at their cost? Truck mat was roughly 80 including tax compared to 99 plus tax, I found a great place to buy Acura access on eBay from Duval Acura out of Florida, they sell the items at roughly 25-35 off list, I hope this is helpful, I wanted a color that was very hard to find, they got my car out of Knoxville, I felt like I could have gotten more off if I bought the one of the lot, put black with parchment looks great, they don't show parchment in the 2008 brochure, but it makes it look like more of a luxury car. THe car is great
  • jack127jack127 Member Posts: 1
    I bought a 2007 brand new TSX base model. Auto transmission without navigation. $25,000+TTL. $10,000 down payment. 2.9% 36 months financing.
    It is hard to neogotiate with dealer. I think it is a good deal.Thanks for the information I got here.
  • kap8kap8 Member Posts: 22
    Dealer in NY accepted my proposal of $26,700 as cap cost. Nassau County sales tax (where I live) is 8.625%. Quoting me $371.23/mth (taxes rolled in, nothing down) for 36 mths 12k miles/yr. Did the math and think it's right, but wanted to check with you guys and see what you thought of the numbers and the deal. Thanks!
  • mriouserwmriouserw Member Posts: 2
    Went into acura, put a $8,900 down. got 4.9% APR for 60 months.
    Paid a total of roughly $29,000 OTD.
    around $389 monthly payments.

2007 Acura TSX
    Black exterior w/ black leather interior
    6-speed manual trans
  • nj2pa2ncnj2pa2nc Member Posts: 811
    congratulations and many miles of safe motoring. too late for asking whether it is a good deal or not-just enjoy. depending on what sales tax,reg. fees, etc the OTD can be different from place to place. you will love the 6spd-exceptional-very smooth- my o6 Milano red/ebony 6spd/wnav is 9 months old, bought new, and it has 23,600+ miles. the only complaints-paint chips easy and foglights cracked-they were replaced free by the dealer and now i have rockblocker on them (blue tint)
  • ladydriver3ladydriver3 Member Posts: 3
    I am in the DC metro area and am looking at a 2008 TSX automatic with Nav. The price I have in front of me is an invoice of $29,056 for a 12,000 mi, 36 month lease.

I believe that there is still room for negotiation, but I am stumped by one of the numbers. When I asked about their money factor, I was given 1.85. I qualify for top tier financing and am interested in taking advantage of their 2.9% lease offer, which expires today.

At first, I thought the 1.85 was the APR, but the salesman told me in an email that it was the money factor. This is my first time leasing and am trying to stay on top of this terminology.

Can anyone tell me what the 1.85 really is and if it is negotiable? I was expecting to see a money factor of .000xx. From the chain, I also wondered if it was the Finance Factor.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,768
    Most likely, it's .00185

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• ladydriver3ladydriver3 Member Posts: 3
    Thank you, kyfdx.

If my money factor is indeed .00185, is that favorable? From what I have seen, top tier lease financing money factors look more like .000xx, don't they?
    This post in Acura TSX: Lease Questions says that .00185 is the correct money factor.

.00185 is about 4.45%, which seems pretty good for a new '08 model.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jen12jen12 Member Posts: 6
    Hi there, I went to the Acura dealer in South Carolina today and after several phone calls back and forth, right now he is saying 26,200 OTD for a 2007 non-navigation TSX. There aren't many '07s left on the lot, but it seems like I could get a better deal, what do you think? I've heard of people getting the '08s for close to this?
  • flatsflats Member Posts: 44
    According to the nice folks here at Edmunds, there is a $1500 Manufacturer to Dealer rebate for '07s until 10/31. With your OTD price, it's hard to tell if that's good due to the fact taxes vary from location to location.
    And check this out, http://blogs.edmunds.com/strategies/387
  • proxlproxl Member Posts: 2
    In the most recent (Sept7) "Advice to Shoppers"blog, Lee Scott says Acura's posted 10 percent reduction in car (not crossover) sales recently, and wants to deal, noting the $1500 factory-dealer incentive on 07 TSX. What I'd like to know is whether TMV accounts for thator not. In other words, do you get to TMV and THEN knock off more?
    Factory to dealer incentives should already be factored in to the TMV price.. Direct to customer rebates are not..

Where I would start?

Invoice price (including destination)
    Minus - $1500 incentive

Chances are, you'll have to come up $500-$800 from there.. But, if the dealer only has a couple of '07 units left, then they may feel they don't need to discount that steeply.. If they have 6-10 on the lot.. maybe it will fly..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thank you SO much, I did not know about the $1500 manufacturer to dealer incentive, maybe that will help. I just put a call into the dealer, we'll see what he says. I really think I could get an '08 for the price he quoted me on the '07. Especially since there will be a redesign coming out soon. Our sales tax in SC cannot exceed 300.00, so its pretty low.
  • terrypm1terrypm1 Member Posts: 79
    An overpriced dealer added option. The vin is already on all body panels.
    :) Hi there, I just got home from purchasing an '07 TSX non-navigation. I got the Carbon Grey Pearl with ebony interior, LOVE it!. Paid $26,100 OTD and got an interest rate of 5.84 so I was pretty pleased with that. Can't wait to drive it more. I traded in my old '93 Toyota Camry, I'll have to say I was a little sad, just because she's been my car for so long. Obviously, I made quite an upgrade, I love the car. Especially the HID headlights, it's a world of difference.
  • mbengembenge Member Posts: 18
    Jen12
    do you have taxes where you're buying? How much? I am filling a little ripped as we just bought Saturday for a price of $25600+tax/title. That was OTD? Wow. :confuse:
    Hi there, did you get a 2007 or 2008? Let me see, I have everything written down. Our taxes are pretty cheap in South Carolina, they are $300 maximum. He offered $26,200 OTD but I got him to take an additional 100 dollars off. I have $25,700 written down plus ttl= 26,200 - 100= 26,100 OTD. What state are you in, how much are your taxes? I didn't get the breakdown of all the fees.
    What color did you get? I can't wait to hear all about it. It sounds like we got about the same deal, maybe your taxes are a good bit higher, what was your OTD?
    We got a 2007. It seems the difference is probably taxes. Ours are high it seems. It is said to be 9.25%, but there is some weird break down with the 2.25 above 7%. Seeing your price it seems we worked about the same deal. I feel better now :D we did have a customer service fee we paid, but it seems most have it 'round here. Probably should have negotiated it. We did get a comparatively good interest rate at 5.79% - we upped the money down and it seemed to help. We got the silver blue. the car is really my wife's (the last one was "mine" - 4runner). she was having trouble deciding between the silver and blue sliver. What was funny is we ended getting the one "right off the show room floor".
  • nj2pa2ncnj2pa2nc Member Posts: 811
    kinda like the state north of you-low sales tax and then the personal property tax comes. YIPES. instead of getting screwed all at once those states like to do it slowly. I guess i should feel lucky our ppt does not seem to be as high as other states and not on as many things. i am the proud owner of an 06 6spd MR/eb/w nav and love it. great cars. I have a son that lives in charleston. (actually st. james island)
  • proxlproxl Member Posts: 2
    Well... Gosh. I just bought (last night) a carbon gray '07 with quartz interior, AT, non-nav for $26400+TTL -- $700 more than Jen's deal. It does have a dealer-installed protection pack ($390 list), and my number is still under TMV. But now I'm a bit chafed.

(I won't talk about the 8.8 percent sales tax here in Washington. At least we have no income tax...)
    Don't look to far back in this thread... Okay I'll tell you. Some guy claims to have gotten a TSX for a 25,000 price tag when the 2.9 interest rate was available. I still find that one hard to believe. he didn't even have the $1500 Manf. -> dealer cash to bargain with! However, I am feeling pretty comfortable with the price we ended up with. Our taxes are awful though, but we too have no state income tax.
    i just wanted to remark that this was the best buying experience we've had purchasing a car especially when you consider what we went through a week ago at a Honda dealership. At this Honda dealership we had what seemed to be an up front guy, and then all of a sudden it was like he pulled out the car salesman play book. He had earlier said he could offer us 1% under invoice, and then proceeded to write down a price that was about $1000 under MSRP, and he ran a credit check on us without even telling us or asking permission!
    At Gary Force Acura our salesperson started negotiations with, "I have the feeling you've done some research. What are the numbers you're thinking about?" I laid out what I knew, and that much info. came from edmunds.com. I really couldn't beleive it; he then turn his computer so we could see it, and looked up the info on edmunds. He looked at the data then asked what price we were thinking. Of course I went lower than what I thought we'd get. He then went away and came back with a much higher offer, and asked what would make it work. That's when I went for where I wanted to be. Low and behold he came back, and with that price confirmed. The whole process at Gary Force was pretty easy. Our salesguy seemed very open with us. So open I am still wondering if I was getting ripped somehow... I don't think so. I've spoken with him several time since. He just seems to know how to do the car business. He had been there for years and was one of there top salesguys - yeah, he had all the "presidents" awards and such. If I am getting ripped I much perfer this experience to other of being ripped I've had!
  • neil0220neil0220 Member Posts: 2
    Got a quote for a 2007 TSX w/Nav $26,980. I think this is the best deal I've seen. With the $1,500 incentive this was very easy to get to over the phone. Do you think they have more room than that? Thanks for all your help here, just reading this topic alone helped me find this deal.
  • comeinraycomeinray Member Posts: 1
    After 2 weeks of test drives and shopping around I settled on the TSX. I submitted quote requests and got a nice mix. I told the dealers I would be shopping others and would buy from the lowest and that price was my #1 concern. Every one responded well except for 101 West. The internet sales rep gave me a quote of 28511 for the 08 with navigation and followed it up with "see if anyone will beat this and if so, let me know so I can go there and buy one!!" Just completely unnecessary I thought. I replied with I'll take my business elsewhere. Since I live in the Valley, I contacted Keyes, told them the number and they agreed to match the deal. When I got there, I was greeted at my car, escorted to the fleet manager and shown the inventory, drive it, bought it and was on my way. Every one was polite and friendly and the transaction was smooth and painless. I'm very happy with the car and the deal. Perhaps I could have worked it a little harder and saved a few more dollars but like I told the guy at 101, a good attitude will go a long way!
  • julesrulesjulesrules Member Posts: 1
    I normally don't do this but I couldn't help chime in here. I bought a TSX last month from Keyes. Same experience. When I told 101 I got a car already and thanks for the info they reponded with HOPE MY QUOTE HELPED THANKS FOR NO BUSINESS! I'm glad I didn't buy there.
  • stevenmorstevenmor Member Posts: 13
    I was hoping to pick up a deal on one of the 2007's, but all of my local dealers are out of stock. I went through Edmund's dealer request quote thingy and the best deal offered to me on an 08 automatic with nav was right around $29K. Is this a really good deal or would you recommend that I wait. I'm not in a hurry to buy. I'm also going to consider the 08 Accord, but would have to pay sticker which similarly equipped would actually cost about $2K more.

Any opinions would be appreciated.
  • craigstacraigsta Member Posts: 1
    Hi I was wondering if anyone is aware if the 4.9% rebate loan is still going on for the 07' TSX. Thank you.
  • vaveevavee Member Posts: 2
    Just wanted to let everyone know what i recently paid for an 08' TSX w/navi
    MSRP 31005
    CAP COST 28225
    RESIDUAL 61%
    MONEY FACTOR .00152
    MONTHLY PAYMENT $359
    36 MONTHS
    10,000 MILES
    TOTAL COST OUT OF POCKET WAS $1,500
    595 BANK FEE
    298 DOC FEE
    270 MV FEE
    359 FIRST PAYMENT
    Good luck everyone
  • derelixsderelixs Member Posts: 3
    Good deal. A few days of internet research, I finally closed a deal @ 8:30 on a Friday night for a 2007 6 spd non-navi 24000 flat + TTL cash. After all was said and done, I wondered if there was still room to negotiate. Thank goodness for that 1500 incentive. :P
    Wow... that's cheap!

I don't think you left anything on the table.. That's less than I could have bought a new '04 back in 2003. :surprise:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

That is unbelievable! That is the best deal I've seen on here in the past three weeks by far! Makes me think I should've tried much harder than I did. :( I'll just convince myself that three weeks ago no one would have let an '07 go for that amount. Congrats on an amazing deal.