Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Chrysler Pacifica Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    lala2lala2 Member Posts: 2
    Pretty new to the leasing scene. We've been looking at the pacifica.... 06 touring awd w/dvd and 06 limited w/dvd. We received a quote and thought that it was kind of high. We are hoping someone out there could give us some insight. Westbury/Long Island dealer offered 39 month lease touring awd w/dvd $1800. + first month... $425./month OR 39 month limited w/dvd $1800. + first month.... $634.73...

These prices sound very high... considering that we were quoted a better price from Volvo! In addition, 39 months is kind of long. Please give any feedback possible including any good deals that you may have found. All is greatly appreciated!
  • Options
    lala2lala2 Member Posts: 2
    Neumie2000 this sounds like a great deal!!! Could you tell me where this dealer is located.... exactly what I am looking for. Thanks!

Kristen (Lala2)
  • Options
    momwithfourmomwithfour Member Posts: 1
    I was sure the trailblazer was it for me then drove the six passenger pacifica. Pros and cons of each would help in decision making. Thanks!! :)
  • Options
    saludvaxsaludvax Member Posts: 4
    We just traded in my husbands F150 for a 2004 crossfire on saturday and I fell in love with the Pacifica so I went back the next day and traded in my 2003 sonata w/32000 miles on it for a 2004 pac with 38000 miles. I'm not concerned about the milage because I'll make that up in no time. I average 4 to 5000 a year anyway.It handles like a dream but the next day the climate control started fading (already have apointment to get it fixed)and wouldn't you know it a breaklight went out (got that fixed).Anyway I purchased the pac for $16,350 and added a bumper to bumper that will take me to 2010 for $500..I absoloutley love this car, leather seat package 6 disc cd/dvd..but I'm scared to death that maybe I rushed into it considering all the complaints and reviews I have been reading about .By the way..acording to carfax it had been a 1 owner 3 year lease and very well maintained.It did come back with and accident report when it was 9 months old and was inspected.. any feedback to calm my nerves so I can really start enjoying my new ride would be great
  • Options
    b25nutb25nut Member Posts: 202
    The fading climate control was a common problem for the 2004. Mine was replaced in 2003 and has been perfect since then. I think you made a good choice and got a deal you won't regret, especially with bumper to bumper coverage. I highly recommend you take the time to read the entire owner's manual and learn how to customize the Pacifica to your tastes. I also recommend you add a small rectangular convex mirror to the bottom left hand corner of the driver's outside mirror. This allows you to adjust the mirrors so that the only blind spot is the area a few feet directly behind the Pacifica.
  • Options
    You know it's kind of funny to me the amount of people complaning about blind spots and not being able to see when they back up..I havn't had a problem.Maybe it's because I used to drive a dodge ram hightop conversion van with miniblinds on all the windows
  • Options
    CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Welcome momwithfour. This particular discussion is for community members who have questions about leasing a Chrysler 300. You will have better luck getting feedback on it and the Chevrolet Trailblazer by visiting the following discussions: "Chrysler 300/300C" and "Buick Rainier, Chevy TrailBlazer, GMC Envoy".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    samuraisamsamuraisam Member Posts: 7
    I completely agree with you. I have not found blind spots to be a problem in my Pacifica and don't understand all the complaints. My 2003 PT Cruiser was much worse than the Pacifica.
  • Options
    drfilldrfill Member Posts: 2,484
    Hello everyone! I bought a 2004 Chrysler Pacifica on March of 2006. Ever since then, money has been pouring out of my pocket taking it to the dealer far away from where I live. This car has been taken to the dealer for about 4-6 times over the last 6 months. This is unbelievable, from the engine stalling twice, all electrical issues are shut off from the car, both headlights defective, the right axle came lose while driving, and now a tire pressure sensor that keeps blinking. This is UNBELIEVABLE. I did not drive this car for the last three weeks since im scared something will happen. What can I do since the dealers dont car and are lazy. I dont want this car at all and i have until march 2007 for the three year warranty to expire. Should I call chrysler aagain and threaten to sue them to replace my vehicle or what should i do? I love the pacifica so much but all these problems now make me HATE chrysler. Please help since i am worried about my car. Thank you very much.
  • Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,985
    i don't think there is anything you can do as far as a lawsuit since it was a used vehicle when you bought it.

why is "money pouring out of your pocket" for warranty repairs??

How far is the NEAREST chrysler dealer from where you live. Dealer location should certainly be taken into account when you buy a car.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    Well took it in for the fading climate control and I had to wait a week to get it fixed. they had it done in 2 hours but when I got it home I realized that the air wasn't blowing cold but i asumed it was because I didn't have very far to drive and it was very hot so it didn't get a chance to cool all the way.( my last car took almost ten minutes to start cooling and it only takes me 6 min to get to work.
    anyway, we decided to go to Lakeland ( 2 hour drive) and "OH MY GOD" no airconditioning at all it was absoulutly horrible.So, I took it in and they ended up having to keep the car 4 days trying to figure out why.First they thought the new part was faulty so they ordered a new one, that didn't work so they ordered another one, still nothing.then they thought it was the compressor, nothing,then they were looking for a short in the electrical, still nothing. They were going nuts trying to figure it out. Everything kept checking out but still no air, they'd get the heater instead. They had 5 of their best techs scratching their heads.. finally they realized that chrysler had shipped them the right part but wrong model number for my car,anyway, seems like chysler wants to keep sending replacment parts instead of original parts and it's causing a problem.My service adviser said that it has happened to two other people within the last 2 weeks. Anyway it's working great now and I can sincerly say that this particular dealership has been nothing but outstanding from the moment i bought the car.They constantly call me to make sure everything is ok and gave me daily updates 2 o 3 times a day while it was in the shop..as a matter of fact when I bought my pac there was a pretty bad scratch on the front bumper and they said they would fix it for free and I had 30 days to get it done. Well it's been almost 6 weeks since I bought the car and the body shop called me yesterday to tell me to bring it in for painting at anytime, no appointment needed, they'll take care of it for me... I am so impressed with the whole team that I'm planning on bringing them down some dounuts this morning.. haha.. One more thing,they told me that the pacifica is one of the fewest cars they have had to service.They have only had 1 in for clunking 3 for climate control but the most problem they have had lately has been the abs sensor which is an easy fix.. other than that they havn't had any in for stalling or gas gauge problems.Over all the happy PAC coustomers far outweigh the unhappy ones.Something that you don't think about when you read this forum. I guess most of the most pac owners don't really need to look up the boards unless they're have a problem. :shades:
  • Options
    phillyguy5phillyguy5 Member Posts: 10
    :) Over 4 months, four thousand miles. Not one problem. Took it back to the dealer for my free oil change, out in less than one hour.
  • Options
    chonkorechonkore Member Posts: 9
    2006 (VERY) base model, $19800 OTD.

almost 200 miles on it, is this good deal?
  • Options
    tough to calculate without knowing all the fees, taxes, etc. Either give the full breakdown or give JUST the price of the car. You could live in an area with 10% tax, for all I know, which would change the deal drastically compared with someone paying 3%.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    $19800 includes EVERYTHING: the vehicle and TTL. SUV itself is about $18500.
  • Options
    Sounds great to me. That's nearly $8k off sticker and $6k off invoice. With $4k in rebates, that means they are losing money on the deal. That's ALOT of car for $18.5k!! congrats.

• Options
    Thanks! The only thing I don't like is that it does not have the digital A/C control...
  • Options
    ws01ws01 Member Posts: 11
    Car_man, could you give me current money factor and residual for 36 or 39 month lease with 15k miles on base FWD Pacifica?
  • Options
    tjnewelltjnewell Member Posts: 2
    We are looking at buying a pacifica, probably an AWD 2005, DVD TV and sunroof, but if we could get new awd pacifica even close to your range, that would sure help!

Thanks for any info,
    Jamie
  • Options
    spmedispmedi Member Posts: 11
    My wife just bought a 2006 Pacifica Touring Edition. From what I have read it lacked the monitor, heated seats, sunroof. Anyway I'm not big fan of sunroof. I had the dealer install heaters in the front seats. They said it cost $499 ($949 for all 4). My kid is only 2, so he'll be in a booster for a little while, and who wants him playing with the switch anyway. They also wanted $1100 to install the monitor. I said no. Their sticker was $21850. I got the heated seats installed for $18850. The car had 13k miles on it. We were looking at the 2007, but I learned that the powertrain was only for 3/36. The cost of the same 2007 car with an extended warranty minus rebates would have been in the 31-33k range.

Anway with all the TTL, fees, money down, extended warranty to go w/ powertrain, i ended up just around $19500. I thought that was pretty good. I'm happy. The car is covered until 2010 or 800000 miles.

PS - i picked up the 2004 dvd system (complete) for $535 and installed it. Probably end up saling the cd/dvd changer on ebay for $200 range. That is a $750 saving of the dealer just installing the 2006 monitor.
  • Options
    tjnewelltjnewell Member Posts: 2
    Thanks ... that was helpful ... we're getting close on a deal ... I'll post the results.
  • Options
    Here is the information that you are looking for, ws01. Through December 4th, Chrysler Financial's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2007 Chrysler Pacifica FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00126 and 47%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00141 and 46%. When negotiating your capitalized cost for this truck, make sure to take the $1,000 lease cash that is currently available on it into account.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    18tgls18tgls Member Posts: 2
    Car_man,

I too am working on the financing of a 2007 Pacifica - Touring, FWD. My dealer quoted me a money factor of .00193 and a 48% residual value for a 36-month lease with 12,000 miles per year. This data is as of 12/5/07. Can you confirm these numbers? Thanks!
  • Options
    freddiejfreddiej Member Posts: 1
    Hello, Im working with 2 dealers in my area of NY on a 2007 touring AWD 26U package car (alum rims, backup, entertainII, leather).

Getting quoted 490 per mo with 10,500 miles.

Can I do better? If so what are the negotiating points?

Thanks
  • Options
    18tgls18tgls Member Posts: 2
    UPDATE - I'm closing on my Pacifica Touring FWD (26U pkge, moonroof, park-assist, cargo pkge, heated seat pkge) lease tomorrow. Its a 27 month term with 12,000 miles annually. The residual is 57% and the money factor is 0.00009. MSRP of $32,085; negotiated sales price is $28,600. I'm putting $1,500 down.
  • Options
    ski7304ski7304 Member Posts: 16
    Car_Man

I have been communicating w/ a dealership via email for a few days about a 2006 Pacifica lease. This particular dealership located in Maple Shade, NJ has a few 2006's left which I figured I could get a better deal on. I am going there tomorrow to look at them but before I go I would like to be prepared. Can you tell me what the lease money factor and residual value is for a 2006 Awd & Fwd w/ 15,000 miles and for 30 & 36 months. Also, I am currently in a lease w/ GMAC w/ 10 mos left. This Chysler dealership told me they could terminate my lease, how should I negotiate that? Thanks!!!!
  • Options
    Jason5Jason5 Member Posts: 440
    I'm 80% certain that I'll be buying a new 07' Pacifica in the next week or so. Between the $1500 cash back and $1000 Premiere Event coupon, I'm feeling the need to take the plunge. The only sticking point is what folks are wrangling off MSRP at this time. I'd like to offer up my trade, the cash back, the Premiere event coupon and try and come off of MSRP at least $1000. Any one else pricing or attempting to deal on an 07', specifically a Touring FWD?
  • Options
    Yesterday I picked up my 2007 Pacifica Touring FWD. The deal evolved as follows. I received $1800 for my 2000 ES Intrepid with 146,000 (a bit more than the KBB estimate)in trade, $1500 cash back from Chrysler on the Touring, $1000 Premiere Event coupon, and moved from an MSRP of $28,060.00 to $26,600.00. I could have haggled more on the sticker, but wanted to move things alone and did not have the leverage of arranging financing thru Chrysler or the dealership--I had already arranged it thru my bank. So there you have it. I'm enjoying the car and am having mudflaps and foglights installed next week when they arrive. Hope this is helpful.
  • Options
    new_2_boardnew_2_board Member Posts: 7
    Looking at a 2007 Touring FWD with power liftgate ($400.00 option) mats ($30.00 option) and fog lights ($300.00 dealer installed option). Purchase price is $28,760 (including the dealer installed fog lights). Dealer is offering for $25,927.

Deal or no deal?

Thanks,
    New_2_Board from IL
  • Options
    In my estimation "New 2", that's a reasonably good deal. Essentially you've gotten the $1500 cash back offered on all Tourings and Limiteds (from Chrysler), plus $1333 off of MSRP. You can double check with Edmunds TMV-which I personally believe is dealer friendly-and see what they say. I would say it's a solid deal. If you enjoy "the hunt", you might counter with 25,700 or 25,500; especially if you are financing through them. Best wishes and please let us know of your experience.
  • Options
    Hi 18tgls. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Chrysler Pacifica Touring FWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00100 and 47%, respectively. Plus it is providing $1,000 lease cash on 5 passenger and $1,500 on 6 passenger versions of it. Make sure to take this lease cash into account when negotiating your Pacifica's capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    Hello freddiej. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the Pacifica that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this vehicle's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    Hi ski7304. DaimlerChrysler is no longer providing lease support on 2006 models. If you were to lease one through Chrysler Financial right now, you would have to use its standard lease program, which is not very good. If you want to lease, you probably would be better off going with a 2007 model.

As far as getting out of your current lease goes, DaimlerChrysler often runs an early lease termination program that lets current Chrysler Financial lessees out of their leases early. However, this program usually only waives three lease payments or so. Chances are that getting out of your current lease ten months early is going to cost you money out of your own pocket. If you don't have to pay it at lease signing, you almost certainly will have some of your remaining lease payments rolled into your new lease. You would probably be better off waiting until you are closer to the scheduled end of your current lease to get a new vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    its not bad for what it is.

carsdirect gives me a price of $25,548 for that car (actually $25,248, but then i added $300 for the fogs). So it sounds like you could get a few more hundred off if you tried. But if you are one to save your time and just get the deal done, they certainly aren't ripping you off or anything.

Having said all that, I personally can't understand why anyone would buy a new '07 for $1k below invoice when '06s are being sold at $6k below invoice. I know the '07s have the new engine and tranny, but my advice would be to hold off till the rebates on the '07 are increased, which they inevitably will be.

• Options
    new_2_boardnew_2_board Member Posts: 7
    J5 & qbrozen,

Thanks for the replies! Both have been helpful. After talking with the saleswoman a few more times, my wife and I have decided to hold off on making a decision until after the auto show in St. Louis (usually the 1st weekend in February). While we felt her price was reasonable, we thought we could get a better deal and APR if we were to wait.

We are still very interested in the Pac. However, we want to see what Ford does with the '08 Freestyle (if anything). The things we didn't like about the '07 Pac were lack of cargo room behind the 3rd row and lack of head/leg room in the 3rd row. That being said, we don't want to drive a much larger vehicle either. Honda is offering low APR on a similarly equiped Pilot EX. Even at $2k more, payments on the Pilot EX would be the same as the '07 Pac.

As you can see, we're still torn on what the best vehicle will be for our three person (hopefully four in the not too distant future) family. I'll keep the board posted as our shopping and pricing decisions progress.

Thanks again,
    New_2_Board in IL
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,149
    Hey new_2_board,
    Host kyfdx sent me a link to your post - I'm in the St. Louis area and will be going to the Auto Show (Jan 24-28) as well. Visit the Auto Show Meet-Ups discussion, and maybe I'll see you there!

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    myf16myf16 Member Posts: 5
    I bought a 2004 AWD with virtually everything except the hi-performance speakers and subwoofer for $17.2k. Navigation, HIDs, sunroof, heated seats, leather, DVD changer and rear screen, chrome wheels, Uconnect, power liftgate, and cargo convenience group. It's an amazing value, especially for northern California. :shades:

How do I figure out if I have the laminated door glass?
  • Options
    music287music287 Member Posts: 116
    We're seriously considering the Pacifica. I just noticed that the Touring version has a "hidden" version called "Signature" that brings it in about $1K less than the Limited version...and it comes with nav and roof rack! Other than the lack of body-color lower cladding am I missing something here? In your opinion, would it be a mistake to load up a Touring awd w/ Signature package? (The dealers I've visited claim most of their sales are at the Touring level.)

BTW, our dealer, whom we've bought three vehicles from over the years, is offering $100 over invoice plus who-knows-what "extra" charges. Seems fair.

Finally, can I assume the $1500 rebate or more will exist after 1/31/07?

Jay
  • Options
    ds2006ds2006 Member Posts: 3
    I am not familiar with the Signature package on the Touring models, but we purchased a Limited this summer. I believe the main differences in the Touring and the Limited are: Limited has automatic headlights (I think you can get auto headlights only only on the Limited) and the leather on the seats is considered an upgrade(suede and perforated leather on the Limited). I love the automatic headlights.
  • Options
    Music287. First, I've enjoyed my new Touring and continue to be impressed. I dropped it off at my dealer for the accessories to be installed (splash guards and fog lights). I believe, relative to the Limited, that the seats have some minor differences and a few ancillary items might be different, including the wheels--though the two signature editions I've seen had 19" wheels and were fairly "loaded". If you like the colors, options, and packages, I'd suggest the signature edition. I believe the $1500 will still apply as it lasted beyond the first deadline. Good luck and let us know..
  • Options
    sakthorpsakthorp Member Posts: 10
    We just purchased a Limited a few weeks ago. Indeed, the automatic headlights are only available on the Limited. After having them on our other Chrysler vehicles, I don't think I could do without it now.

Other than that the only other features specific to the Limited are the genuine wood accents (steering wheel, shift stick and dash) and the luxury leather seats (upgraded leather) and of course the lower painted body.

We got a dealer to go $1000 under dealer invoice plus $2500 in Chrysler rebates. So far we're enjoying it. :)
  • Options
    according to chrysler's website, automatic headlights come standard on the limited, signature, and plain old touring with the U package.

I have the latter, and we have auto headlights, so I know this to be true (although we have an '05, which is why I went to the website to double-check that hasn't changed for the '07s).

• Options
    Sakthorp,

Surely you mean $1,000 under MSRP, not invoice. The signature series includes 19" wheels/tires and auto headlights. As far as I can tell, the only difference is type of leather seats, wood and faux wood dash trim, and body-colored lower cladding. Yesterday I purloined my two kidz, a 6 foot 21 year old son and a 5'8" 17 year old daughter. They both were very comfortable in the center row, though the sleepy son didn't like the way the seat only partially reclines (This is a deficiency with every cuv we've checked...the Volvo xc90 doesn't even do that!) and daughter didn't think the look was "luxury". (That might point to the wood and faux wood Limited interior...) She fit nicely in the third row. Even I do, as long as I don't lean my head back. With the sliding middle seats, knee room was no problem.

We've got a Mazda CX-9 on order for February delivery with a right of refusal. The Pacifica is about $5-6K less expensive with very similar equipment. Hmm....

Jay
  • Options
    Surely you mean $1,000 under MSRP, not invoice.

nope. He means under invoice. According to carsdirect, they are actually ~$1400 under invoice in my area.

• Options
    Don't even know what MSRP is since we never pay attention to that number. We pull the Dealer invoice and begin negotiations on that number. The dealer agreed to discount the car $1000 under the dealer invoice, still leaving plenty of kickback money for them. Chysler was offering $1500 cash back in addition to another $1000 for an owner loyalty promotion.

Ask to see the dealer invoice on the car you are considering OR find it online.
  • Options
    "She"........ :)
  • Options
    my apologies, ma'am. ;)

• Options
    Ah, so Ms. Sakthorp you mean your final price was $1K under invoice. Since my dealer is offering $100 over invoice plus the $1500 rebate available right now that would put me $1400 under the invoice price.

I'm betting that the offer will become sweeter in February when the current rebate expires...

Jay
  • Options
    No, our FINAL price was $3500 under the Dealer Invoice.

The Dealer gave us $1000 off the Dealer invoice plus we got an additional $2500 off from Chrysler Corporation.

So, our out-the-door cost was EXACTLY $3500 UNDER Dealer invoice as we don't pay sales tax, a nice perk of living here in Oregon.
  • Options
    OH!
    So I completely misunderstood, too. (although i just looked back at your original post and you were quite clear ... i must have read it too fast.)

Seems to me the dealer lost money there ... I'm not sure why they would elect to do that.

Did this vehicle have demo miles on it? did you have a trade-in?

This discussion has been closed.