Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    mvc_jonesmvc_jones Member Posts: 88
    I agree with the previous poster. I live in Las Vegas and suspect I paid a $1000 premium instead of going to So. Cal., where prices are more competitive. However, between the trip, the cost of driving or plane fare, the time, ancillary expenses, dealing with registering an out-of-state car myself (Vegas dealer dealt with the DMV, saved me a few hours), settling up on sales taxes, and most of all, if I got there and couldn't seal the deal to my satisfaction, it was worth the extra $1k on the best and final offer locally.

Additionally, if I have any issues going forward, I have higher expectations of the local dealer as I bought the car from them, as opposed to negotiating with them and them buying the car out-of-state, I think it will be more likely to get service on borderline issues, if any, and I will feel no reservation to apply pressure due to my local purchase.

Some people look for the absolute lowest price and will do pretty much anything to get it. That is ok if you are driven by price alone. My perspective is to get the best overall deal with least hassle, and weigh the cost as a part of that.

It is difficult in Vegas as most premium makes only have one dealer (Acura, Lexus, Porsche, Jaguar, Audi) so negotiation is generally only able to happen on models not selling well here or end of year turnover.

Good luck.
  • Options
    chilammchilamm Member Posts: 11
    finally purchased my black on black TL on 3/10, got a navi one now. $32,750 including destination + splash guards + wheel lock. after tax document registration and all that $34,440. tax = 7.25% for southern cal ventura county

drove out of the lot that night, entire deal including insurance getting ready for my 1st car about 2 hours. disappointed that the car wasnt completed clean inside (under floor matress on drivers seat has wood ashes or something) exterior only waxed a bit, bottom is like no wax.

other than that, so far i just love the TL just like all of you. thanks
  • Options
    4bearhug4bearhug Member Posts: 52
    Anyone have any experience with prices on carryover, new 2005 TLs? There are quite a few dealers still listing brand new 2005 TLs on autotraders. I'm looking for first hand experience with buying a carryover this late into the model 2006 year and what kind of pricing would be reasonable. Anybody have any advice?
  • Options
    proffyproffy Member Posts: 46
    Anyone can get a costco price on a car. Just sending out emails to local dealers and having them bid against themselves is the best way to get good deals. Costco "deals" aren't really deals at all, it just a standard price dealers are willing to sell for. But by giving it a name, people *think* they are getting such a great deal. It's just a marketing ploy.

My mom bought her lexus at the costco price - it was $500 off MSRP. That's not much of a deal.
  • Options
    proffyproffy Member Posts: 46
    I'd rather save $1000 and use every penny for a fun vacation visiting friends on the far side of the country than giving an extra grand to a local salesmen (25% of all millionairs are in sales...) The Microsoft economy around here doesn't need any more money :) .
  • Options
    dallastldallastl Member Posts: 10
    I was wondering if you ever got that TL in North Texas. I'm looking for TL w/o Nav and was wondering how much you got it for and where? thanks
  • Options
    rroyce10rroyce10 Member Posts: 9,332
    ... There can't be many "new" 05 TL's out there, if any at all .... no matter what, you'd be better off getting an 06 for a few thousand more ....

Terry.
  • Options
    kaipajikaipaji Member Posts: 9
    The lowest internet offer I got from Delaership in DFW is $31,299.00 (2006 TL NON NAVI) - Vandergriff Acura

Other quotes have been around $ 31,800.

What's your experience been ?

Thanks
    JK
  • Options
    I haven't began my internet quoting yet but went to McDavid and got $1500 over invoice... about $31,900. I would like to get a quote that's about $31,000 or maybe just $32,000 drive out price. You think I'll be able to get that here in the Dallas area?
  • Options
    Just found out that the price of $ 31,299 is inclusive of Destination Charge of $ 615.
    Assuming a TTL of approx $2200 - the Drive out price should be $ 33500.

I am hoping to bring the OTD price to be around $32500.

Let see !!

Cheers - JK
  • Options
    Anyone know of Low APR specials being offered by Hind Financial services at this time
  • Options
    Anyone know of Low APR specials being offered by Honda Financial services at this time ??
  • Options
    Tell me when you buy yours. BTW, will dealers go cheaper toward the end of the month? Good luck!!
  • Options
    webbahwebbah Member Posts: 4
    I'm down at 32,800 plus TTL on an '06 TL with Navi - pretty good - I like this internet haggling stuff - the dealers are easier to break down - do I hear $32,500 anyone?
  • Options
    ezracerezracer Member Posts: 24
    Currently 6.75% in Maryland, with no incentives or rebates.

But hey, you can buy any Chevrolet you want for 0% and $2000 cash back !! :lemon:
  • Options
    webbah, is this dealer in Dallas? Which one is it? Did you get any options?
  • Options
    dfwtlbuyerdfwtlbuyer Member Posts: 1
    webbah, I would also be interested in knowing about your haggling experiences in the Dallas area, as I'm looking to buy a TL here soon myself. How long have you been working on the price to get it knocked down?
  • Options
    Vandergriff Acura - DFW is offering 4.99% financing on all Acura's
  • Options
    dofferdoffer Member Posts: 16
    In my view, $32,800 plus TTL on an 06 with nav is a pretty good price (it's at invoice). You might be able to knock them down a couple hundred more, but it may depend on whether or not they have the color combination on the lot that you're seeking, how long it's been there, how anxious they are to move the car, amount of inventory they are carrying and have sold during the month, etc. If you can get $32,500, that would be a killer deal. Good luck! :)
  • Options
    payne325payne325 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, Looking for the best price on TL with Nav. in Baltimore/ DC Metro Area. Currently dealing with Criswell Annapolis. Price won't budge at 34,000 + TTL. HELP!
  • Options
    clhoustonclhouston Member Posts: 6
    Is it worth waiting for the 2007 TL, does anyone know what changes are due for new model year and when it will be for sale?
    Thanks
    CL
  • Options
    sorry - not dallas -

i'm having a heck of time in the seattle area - the low offer of $32,800 is in Oregon. Seattle low is 33,900
  • Options
    jrourkejrourke Member Posts: 72
    I haven't started pricing yet, but $300 over invoice seems like a pretty good deal. Edmunds pricing for my area seems to indicate more like 1500-1800 over invoice which I hope is on the high side or reality.
  • Options
    leerxleerx Member Posts: 4
    i paid for 06 TL with nav--auto, mud guards, trunk liner, wheel locks and all weather mats. $32.295.00 at Sussman Acura. I cant give you the salespersons name but email them for a price quote and deal with their internet department. that price was plua tax and tags etc and i was able to get the 4.9% financing. Good luck. Price shop both Montgomeryville Acura and Sussman Acura. Thats how i managed to get the deal. PS. I LOVE THIS CAR
  • Options
    bob289bob289 Member Posts: 14
    Hi long time reader but first time poster...

Well i was wondering how much should i expect to pay for an 06 TL with nav? I want the back up sensor, door edge trim, splash guards, trunk tray, wheel locks and the i-pod connector (i havent seen this option but i read a few times in other web sites u can get this opition) all these option minus the ipod connector = $943. should i expect to pay this with my final pricing? or should i expect the dear to absorb most of the cost. im trying to offer $33,400 for all the things i wanting. is this a fair price or should i go lower or higher? ( on a side note im not planing to buy the car until july ) Im also wondering what are good prices in the LA area? im like 2 1/2 hour drive there and i read a few times its a good place to shop for TL's. My second question is how do you go about talking about price? do you just come out front that you wanna pay invoice only or do you let the dealer offer you $37,000 (thats MSRP with my options) and haggle him down to the invoice price? or and when can you ask for things like "free options" if he wont come down in price? also does any one know the total TTL cost on a TL in Califorina?

thanks in advance for the help.... bob
  • Options
    tnmg1tnmg1 Member Posts: 6
    Start at invoice and go up. It works better than you think. It lets the salesman know that you know what you're talking about. A friend of mine told me once if you don't feel guilty with your offer, you're paying too much. I'm sure there is a limit of course.
  • Options
    tnmg1tnmg1 Member Posts: 6
    Anyone know if there are going to be any specials for Acura's 20 yr anniversary? I've heard rumors that in April they may wheel out a couple of specials. I'm looking to buy a TL and wondering if I should wait. Thanks
  • Options
    ezracerezracer Member Posts: 24
    I just bought a '06 TL w/nav. on Saturday from Norris Acura West in Ellicott City for $33,000 including dest. plus TTL. I suggest you talk to J.R Carter.

It was a very good buying experience. The first thing the guy asked me was " How much do you want to pay for the car"?? So...I told him. The second question he asked me was" If you were selling your old car yourself, what would you ask for it" ? So....I told him. He met both of my target prices. I probably could have done better, but their price was definitely reasonable.

Between the cost of the new car and the cost of the trade-in, I saved $1800 over Frankel Acura. STAY AWAY from Frankel !!!!!

You can also try Rosenthal Acura in Gaithersburg. Lemme know how you make out. Btw, you can't go wrong with this car. It is fantastic !! Incredible DVD Audio system, smooth powerful engine. Beautiful interior....but you already know all of this. :)
  • Options
    I'm going to start the online bidding soon for the dallas area. I want to go in well prepared. I know the invoice is $30,334. I should subtract any incentives, rebates, and call-backs. I know for sure there aren't any incentives and rebates but I believe there is a call-back for the TL. Do you know what that is?

As soon as I can calculate the REAL invoice, should I add %5 to it and is that where I should start?
  • Options
    oops... I didn't mean call back... I meant hold back... sorry
  • Options
    iwantatliwantatl Member Posts: 25
    The vultures in St. Louis, Mo want $34k TL nav $32k non nav. From what I am reading , sounds like robbery. Only 2 dealers to choose from. If invoice is $32.8k what can they really sell it for. $33.5, $33.0 ??? Anything in $32 range sounds absurd. Comments...
  • Options
    landlubberlandlubber Member Posts: 12
    Out here in California, with the large number of dealers, if I had started at invoice I would have overpaid. The first internet offer I recieved was $100 below invoice, and by the end of the week the same dealer sweetened the deal by another $300. I essentially let the dealer do all of the haggling himself. BTW only one of the 4 dealers I contacted were willing to go this low.

If you set the bottom, and the dealer agrees, you know you could have done better...
  • Options
    goodegggoodegg Member Posts: 905
    You gotta pay to play. Your area is like mine - a few scattered dealers - so no intense competition. But even the prices you're showing aren't that bad, they're just not as low as the SoCalers.

This board can spoil ya. Some of these guys are getting some low prices, but their insurance rates may be double what you pay, so it could even out in the wash.
  • Options
    Yeah - I've had two dealers admit to me the Holdback is 3%.......but then they go on to say that it pays for the dealership overhead.

I'm still stuck at 33,900 w/ Nav and the "NW Package" (mud guards, mats, wheel locks, and trunk tray). Maybe I'll wait it out a bit - 33,900 seems to high. I can go to Oregon for $33,100 - or so they say - they get me down there and then change the price on me once I'm committed.
  • Options
    Jor the benefit of Dalla Buyers - Here's the E mail I received today from Goodson Acura:

"If I were able to offer Factory Invoice $31,299 on Any Instock 2006 TL along with 4.99% interest, would this be enough to earn your business this month. "

From what I read in this forum - the Invoice is $ 30,334.

Can somebody confirm the true Invoice price of a TL(Non NAV).

Cheers
  • Options
    bartalk3bartalk3 Member Posts: 692
    Does he mean any TL with NAV? If so, that's a great deal. See invoice on Edmunds or kbb.com
  • Options
    landlubberlandlubber Member Posts: 12
    That sounds to be $300 over invoice if they have included destination. I wonder if they are automatically tacking on the protection package or any other extras, as some dealerships do.

The invoice price I was quoted here in CA matched Edmunds and other sites exactly. Shouldn't be different anywhere else.
  • Options
    glenn386glenn386 Member Posts: 47
    the email may not say what you think it does.

The question of what is the actual invoice aside for the moment, he has not necessarily offered you anything.

I had a salesman say to me one time "if I can can get you the truck for XXXXX would you buy right now". I said yes and we started to write it up. I thought the deal was done. He left and when he came back he simply said I can't get it to you for XXXXXX, but I can get it to for YYYYYY.

I said you offered it to me for XXXXXXXX, and he responded with " No, I said IF I could get it.....".

I hope this guy is on the level, but he may just be gauging your true interest with no intention of getting you the price or the rate.

I hope I am wrong but IF is an "out" word in any negotiation.
  • Options
    Wow, that is an exceptional deal. But is he going to add bs fees to it. Also is destination charge not included? Please keep me update. Goodluck.
  • Options
    mikefm58mikefm58 Member Posts: 2,882
    Ha, always gotta be careful and listen to EXACTLY what they say. Any salesman that starts playing those games with me, I walk.

But then I use the Bobst method and make my one and only all inclusive offer to them. If I've done my homework well, I get the car for a decent price, probably not rock bottom, but still decent.
  • Options
    jrourkejrourke Member Posts: 72
    Agreed, it seems to be ~ 300 over invoice. Could it be the advertising fees? These are apparently printed on the invoice and varies for a lot of dealers depending on your region. For those that negotiated from invoice, were adverising fees on the invoice or added in later?
  • Options
    highenderhighender Member Posts: 1,358
    I had the TL 2004 with Nav and A-spec package....and traded it in yesterday for a Honda Odyssey ( we adoped a kid, so need more room)....

The TL retained its price really well !!!

I paid about $ 35000 for it...

and got about $28,000 trade-in for it (23,000 miles on odo)... NOT bad considering all 4 rims were roadrashed so severely (every inch of circumference and could be seen 30 ft away)...and there were other dents, paint chips, spoiler scratches about 1 ft long ( 3 areas) and lost one key remote...... And this is the dealer. I know I could have gotten more if I do it myself...but I saved all the hassle of fixing it up and selling it....

We were pleasantly surprised at the nice car...it looks so good....we are sorry to seee it go....

Good luck you guys...the car retains its value...jsut keep it in good shape, not like mine.... :blush:
  • Options
    2joey42joey4 Member Posts: 4
    Just went oteh Acura dealer in Pittsburgh. They have several demos for sales. The two I'm interested are $31,000 + Tags/Title (with 4448 miles) and the second is $31,595 + tags/title (with 4994). I suspect the second is pricier due to the parchment tan leather and the spoiler they added. Does this sound like a good deal or do you think I can get more off if I hold the line. The only other issue I have is a 2002 Envoy XL I might trade (unless one of you fine chaps would like to buy it!). First time looking at the TLs and love them. Help?????

Thanks
  • Options
    laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,740
    It depends on if the demos are Nav on non-nav. There's no charge for the interior color, the higher price is probably for the spoiler. If they're Nav, the price is OK, but for non-nav prices are too high. They are both used cars...

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• Options
    nea1nea1 Member Posts: 6
    Are these demos actually 2005 models?

I personally would not buy any demonstrator. These cars tend to be driven hard over short periods of time (avg test drive 20 miles?). There is also no way to know whether the salesman used it as his daily driver for those 4,000 plus miles, or it was trashed by 200+ people who test drove it, or some combination.

In the end, you need to do what's best for you. At the prices they are offering, you are only about $500 away from an '06 non-navi and maybe $1000-1,500 away from a brand new '06 navi.

I bought my '06 non-navi a month ago for $31,500 (Cols, OH). Had 4 miles on the odo.

As far as your trade, do your homework and it won't be a problem. If you don't absolutely need to buy a new car, then you are in the best possible position. However, if the dealer senses desperation, you're hosed.

I started looking a year ago, and just now pulled the trigger. I waited for the deal to come to me- which included trading in my '99 I30. My deal wasn't as good as others have posted, but then our market only has 2 dealers, and they seem to know it. I'm happy - which is all that counts in my deal.
  • Options
    alexkchaalexkcha Member Posts: 8
    I was wondering if someone can tell me if I'm getting a good deal or not. I went to a local acura dealership in TX and they gave me a price quote for a TL:

$32,688.00: with navigation.
    $33,443.00: with tinted windows, wheel locks, and some kind of premium exterior (paint
    and gloss)/interior (fabric) protection.
    $35,795.29: (final price) with state tax, inventory tax, license, title, document fee.

Thank you in advance.
  • Options
    The initial price doesn't seem too bad (it's a 2006, right?).

"$33,443.00: with tinted windows, wheel locks, and some kind of premium exterior (paint
    and gloss)/interior (fabric) protection. "

I'm not sure how much it is to window tint and wheel locks are a nicety (a necessity in some parts?). But the rest is wax and Scotchgard (do it yourself for a few bucks and a little of your time if you really want to. For great, but a bit expensive, stuff check out Zainostore.com). A common dealer pac (read: big profit, big ripoff to buyer).

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• Options
    alexkchaalexkcha Member Posts: 8
    It is a 2006. Without the premium protection, the price should come out to around $32,900.00.

What did you mean when you said the 'initial price'? Should I try to hold out for something cheaper? I was checking out the prices at the auto section on yahoo.com, and they showed the invoice price at $32,205.00. I know that the invoice price now a days isn't really what the dealer paid to get the car, but I thought that as long as the quoted price was somewhere near the invoice price, I'd be in good shape.
  • Options
    carbuyer21carbuyer21 Member Posts: 1
    what is the exact invoice price for acura TL with Nav.
    Edmunds/KBB are different than Acura invoice by alomst 800$.
  • Options
    Sorry, by initial I just meant the first price you listed in your post. Sans the add-ons.

I bought my non-nav '05 TL @ invoice as the Boston market is very competitive and (I believe) that the non-nav have less demand than nav, so easier to negotiate. Your pricing sounds reasonable (again, I'm not sure if the pro-pac is worth the $755. Certainly not for the "paint and fabric protectant" imo). Do you want to shop other dealers or are you comfortable/happy where you received these numbers. You could always counter with a lower number...

Scroll through this thread to get a better feeling for what people are (claiming?) to pay for Nav TLs to help you decide what is reasonable.

Nice car, good luck.