Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    neegsneegs Member Posts: 3
    i was wondering what people were paying to upgrade their wheels to the 18s.
  • Options
    minspaminspa Member Posts: 10
    Acura2005,
    We purchased the same car in late June from Concord Acura for $32,200 (with protection package -- splash guards, wheel locks and truck tray -- thrown in) + TTL. I suspect you can get the same deal for a few hundred less now as long as your willing to take from a dealer's inventory. We also got low quotes from Stevens Creek and Sunnyvale. However, rather than focus on just a handful of dealers that others have had success with, I'd suggest you email every dealer in the Bay Area and see what kind of deals they will offer (and even toss in some of the So Cal dealers like Keyes, Glendale and Santa Monica in case they are low enough to make it worth the trip down there). Casting a wide net increases the chance that you'll hit on a dealer or salesperson who really needs a sale and is willing to give you a good deal. Concord was the closest dealer to our home and we had test driven the car there first and built a relationship with a salesperson (but didn't talk price). Then, after we'd collected our quotes from other dealers, we asked Concord to match the best quote and they did. (They had already invested some time on us and knew we were serious which I think helped.) Also, don't simply accept the quote you get via email to be the best a dealer can do, follow up and ask them to do better. Good luck.
  • Options
    finkmanfinkman Member Posts: 2
    I got a 2005 with Navi for $32,900 (uncluding protection package) + TTL from Tischer in Laurel a few weeks ago. Criswell in Annapolis seemed like they were willing to go lower, but I went with Tischer becuase they were closer to work and I liked the sales guy. Norris in Ellicott City and Rosenthal in Gaithersburg quoted me much higher prices ($500+ more) and wouldn't come down any. Hope that helps. I would email the local dealers with an offer lower than what I paid and see if any will bite. I wouldn't be surprised if you could get one below $32,500.
  • Options
    telco59telco59 Member Posts: 16
    What was your out the door price?
  • Options
    hostage46hostage46 Member Posts: 6
    I've been day dreaming about this car for too long. On the way to a meeting this week I passed McDavid Acura in Plano and made a mental note. On the return I, rolled up and took a spin.

What a sweet ride, even got the hands free to work on the Treo 650. So I figure I'm going to do the end of year model dance.

What are folks getting a navi TL OTD for in Dallas?

Also, I've always driven a manual, and the 6 speed looks sweet. But every day I do the dreaded 35E mess through Lewisville... I may have to go with an automatic, this is a tough thing for me :(

Dan in Highland Village ...
  • Options
    liferulesliferules Member Posts: 531
    Dan,

Recent prices in the DFW area are about $32,300-$33,500 for TL w/nav excluding TT&L. The prices are better these last days of the '05's, but the selection is very limited. If you're planning on buying, do so sooner than later because next month the '06's are out and the deals will not be anywhere as good for another 4 or more months.

Good luck!
  • Options
    frisconickfrisconick Member Posts: 1,275
    I had better luck with Acura of Marin, 31,000 + TTL. I felt that the Concord dealer was much less willing to negotiate than the Marin dealer in Corte Madera. I live in Walnut Creek, so the Concord dealer was much more convient, but the Concord dealer ticked me off big time. BTW, congrats on your new TL. :)
  • Options
    stickymanstickyman Member Posts: 53
    I purchased a 05 TL w/Navi this past Friday at Superior Acura in Overland Park, Ks. I received a "Good" deal from my point of view :P . Probably not the greatest in history but, I'm a happy camper. From the time I sent the first email to the internet manager, I was signing the papers and left in 3.5 hours :D . I purchased a Met. Silver for $32,650.00 plus $195.00 Doc. fee. For $989.00 more, I purchased (or pre-paid) for the next 45,000 miles maintence (includes filters, oil chgs, tire rotation- -everything that is listed in book). I traded in a 2003 TL TypeS with 47,800 miles. I received $18,800.00 for my trade. I pick up the new TL tomorrow. Very good dealership and I highly recommend them to anyone in the mid-west. Contact the interent manager for a great deal :)
  • Options
    Great Sticky, it's good to plug a good dealer. Those of you in the San Francisco bay area should check out Acura of Marin in Corte Madera, great people, and willing to give you a good deal. They even held the car for me for a day or two, Concord dealer wouldn't.
  • Options
    finkmanfinkman Member Posts: 2
    I don't have my purchase sheet with me, but I believe my OTD price was ~ $34,700 or so. There is a 5% sales tax, plus a $99 doc fee, and some minor miscellaneous fees.
  • Options
    nat02nat02 Member Posts: 1
    Just wanted to thank everyone for all the information on this forum. Here's the deal I got:

05 Acura TL Auto/no Navi
    diamond white pearl w/parchment interior
    Wheel locks and Splash Guards

Contacted Bell Acura, Tempe Acura, and Scottsdale Acura and they all gave the price of : $35,181 OTD without splash guards and wheel locks.

With this forums help, I contacted southern California dealers and got the best deal at Keyes.

Base Price: 30,000
    Doc Fee: 45
    (8.25% LA county Tax) 2478.71
    Tire Fee 8.75

Total OTD 32532.46
    One trip permit (CA to AZ) 15.00
    Airline ticket from AZ to Burbank 109.20
    Register in AZ ~ 600.00

Grand Total 33,256.66

Knowing I saved ~$1900 on the car Priceless

Did everything through emails and faxes with Keyes. That was the easiest and fastest deal I've ever done with a car. Very impressed with Keyes and would do it again when I upgrade to an RL :) . Got the car with 4 miles and had a blast driving the car back to AZ. XM radio was great along with the demo DVD-A.

I heard that I could have gotten the AZ tax rate if I got a third-party trucking company deliver the car to me, but I didn't want to get another person involved in the deal. But like I said it was a blast to drive the car back to AZ. Anyone have any data on getting the car delivered to you in AZ (i.e. cost, tax rate)?

I sent the above information to the AZ dealers with suprisingly no response back :) . I also sent the above information to dealers in the Riverside area so I could fly into Ontario, CA and save some drive time. And, get a lower tax rate 7.75% for the OC. Again no response.

Thanks for all the info. :)
  • Options
    azdriverazdriver Member Posts: 3
    Glad to see I'm not the only one unhappy with the Phoenix dealers. I test drove at two of them and was ignored by the salespeople until I disturbed them and asked for a drive. Even in the car they were very cold. I test drove G35, A4 and BMW and had such a better driving experience with the salesperson who was friendly and talkative. But I was there to buy a car and liked the TL best.

So I tried going the internet route, but they all insisted on talking on the phone to give prices. Not only would they not budge on price, I got lectured about them not discounting end of year to keep the price high so it wouldn't hurt current owners resale values. And that their inventory was so low they could sell all they had and more at current prices.

Needless to say I'm still driving my old car and deciding if maybe the helpful saleguy at the Inifinity dealer couldn't get me a good price on the G35. Waiting to see what happens once the '06 hits the lot or maybe SoCal is the way to go now.
  • Options
    The different experiences that frisconick and I had point out the value of casting a wide net. In my experience, the folks at Concord were very easy to deal with. They held a car for us for several days based on our oral commitment to purchase, the matched the best deal we had, answered all the questions we had and followed up after the sale (e.g. helping us program the car with the garage door, etc.) Marin was profession, but wasn't willing to match the lowest quote we received. (Also, so as not to confuse Acura2005 who started the thread, the car we purchased was with navigation, whereas I think frisconick's car was without navi.) The good news is there are a lot of Bay Area dealers from which to choose and it's a great car.
  • Options
    rmiller1rmiller1 Member Posts: 2
    Guys,

Has anyone recently purchased a TL w/ NAV in the Chicago area for a good price ?? If so please post... I am seeing $400-$500 over invoice as the best. Also any idea when the 06 TL will be available ? Has anyone pre-ordered an 06 ? Thanks.
  • Options
    rajeevpsftrajeevpsft Member Posts: 6
    All,

What is the best deal for the TL in the Bay area - is it worth going down to S Ca if there is a better deal?

I got quoted 31K w/wheel lock and splash guards. I am not in an immediate rush and am willing to wait a couple of weeks if that will bring the price down
  • Options
    sks109sks109 Member Posts: 8
    Why is the lease on the TL so bad?

36 Month
    12K annual Miles
    $605.06/month

New to the whole car buying/lease, so please explain. Looking at Audi A4 and BMW 3 series and their leases are more affordable. Please advise.
  • Options
    mdw1000mdw1000 Member Posts: 171
    We just purchased a 05 TL with Nav tonight at Woodfield Acura. Paid 33K even, plus tax, title, etc. I used Edmunds internet service to find them. They came back with the best offer, offered to find the exact color combo my wife wanted, and didn't play any games with us. Sales guy took a lot of time going over the features of the car. I would highly recommend them.
  • Options
    bartalk3bartalk3 Member Posts: 692
    I phoned the Acura 800 number this morning and was told that the '06 TL will debut on Sept. 22. Dealers have been saying end of October, beginning of November, so your bet is as good as mine. Does anyone have any other information.? Apparently they will have the tire pressure monitor. If it's as good as the one on the RL, it will be a worthwhile addition, and a great convenience (compared with crawling around the garage with a tire gauge)!
  • Options
    legjazz1legjazz1 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for the update on your TL AT w/ NAV.

Could you break down that OTD price for us?

Sounds like a good deal, but for the life of me, I can't understand why the folks on the left coast that post on this thread seem to be getting deals in the 31.5 to 32.5 (when dealer invoice is aprox. $32.5)

I'm negotiating in the mid atlantic region, and have been pricing the TL AT w/ NAV on base price. Best price I've been quoted is just under $33,000. And I'm throwing out a very wide net (3 states). Any advice would be helpful.

BTW, What is percentage is sales tax in Maryland?

Thx again.
  • Options
    tianctianc Member Posts: 13
    Hi rajeevpsft,

I dealt with both Marin and Concord Acura; they all seem to be pleasant folks. The lowest quote I got here in No Cal is about $1,000 more than the lowest one I received from So Cal, and the No Cal dealerships all congratulated me on the deal I got from Santa Monica, and told me they couldn't match it ($31,599 was the quoted price for AT with Nav, $34,227 OTD). But since I was on a persnal trip down in So Cal anyway, so it was a pretty obvious choice for me, not sure if $1,000 worth you a trip down there... At any rate, I wouldn't mind dealing with Concord ($32700) and Marin ($32500) if you don't want to bother going down to LA area.

Hope it helps!
  • Options
    I just made a deal for a 2005 TL. This is what I got:

Abyss Blue Pearl
    Camel interior
    Navigation system
    Automatic transmission

OTD price: $34,959.

This price also includes wheel locks, mud guards, all season mats, and
    trunk tray. This was from Chevy Chase Acura in Bethesda, MD. It was very close
    between them and Rosenthal Acura in Gaithersburg.

I contacted dealers via the Edmunds and KBB internet service. I got
    real quotes via e-mail, and used that to get the best deal.

Thank you to everyone on the forum, as your suggestions helped greatly.
  • Options
    mikeg2mikeg2 Member Posts: 13
    Bought a 05 TL 6 sp in Feb without the waranty.The car runs like a dream with no defects and even gets 35 mpg on highway with cruise control.The electronics appear so complex esp. with the nav so I would like to add a waranty,I only drive 10k miles per yr so a product with low milage but many yrs would fit.
  • Options
    Frankly I am stunned by your experience at Concord. They would't come close to the cost of Marin, and yes mine is without Navi, maybe they had a bunch of Navi's they had to move, and Marin didn't. I must add that after the test drive at Concord, the salesman spent at least a 1/2 hour showing us all the great stuff that comes with the TL, he even played a DVD in the sound system, and it was awesome. The G35 salesman really dropped the ball with us with a 2 minute test drive.

Yes it is important to cast a wide net. I contacted Acura dealers in Oakland, Pleasonton (I think), and just bid one against the other.
  • Options
    jdubble22jdubble22 Member Posts: 4
    After the Labor Day weekend, I purchased an 05 TL w/o Nav (Red w/ Camel interior) from Mathews Acura (located technically in Marion, OH, which is 30 minutes north of Columbus).

Their internet price was $31,000 (which included destination fee and the protection pkg - tire locks, mud guards and trunk tray). Taxes were an additional 6.5% and license fees were an additional $25.00.

Lindsay Acura (located in Columbus) was offering $31,300 for the same car.
    Acura of Dayton (60 miles west of Columbus) offered a Blue TL w/o Nav for $30,650 (including the protection package). Ultimately, I went with Mathews Acura because they aggressively priced their TL on the initial offer. Other dealers offered to "match" Mathews Acura's price but I wanted to financially reward the aggressive pricing dealer. They seemed to deal with me with integrity. So I reciprocated with integrity and gave them the business and rejected all other offers.

Good luck to anyone that is looking to purchase a TL in the Columbus, OH area.
  • Options
    elvis4prezelvis4prez Member Posts: 85
    samuelh and achenator:

Thanks for your posts. My TX/LA internet quotes are similar. I live in Baton Rouge and have been looking for a year. Had to get a minivan and settle the wife and kids transportation situation first. Now I don't have to worry about the TL trunk space being slightly smaller than I wanted for a family car.

The best so far on initial castouts is in the $33,500 range for '05 TL w/Nav.
    Those prices were from John Eagle and Sterling McCall. Classic in Beaumont, TX offered $33,800 which is the same given the included protection package. Since I live closer to MS, I inquired to Northpark (outside of Jackson) but they gave me a slap in the face (and above TMV) price of $34,500. I've been dealing with Baton Rouge the "old fashioned" way visiting the dealer for test drives and will go in to discuss price tomorrow. I hope they don't get fussy if we need to fetch one from elsewhere as I fear.

It's too bad the south doesn't have the same deals as the West Coast, it seems.

I like Abyss Blue-no longer being made for '06 :( . I decided to get Nav after reading the comments by others that it is more helpful than expected not to mention I'll get Michelins rather than the Bridgestones that are always dissed as a bad tire for this fine vehicle. I would go for Parchment first if they had it as an option but they don't in blue and the Camel is just too yellow for me so Quartz it shall be.

Also, my salesman said they just got the 2006 TL brochures in so I have to go get one of those and see what I think of the "improvements" and relive the '05 vs '06 debate for myself. I think they're changing to Royal Blue Pearl for '06 so I got a Honda Accord '06 brochure (none on the lot) from my Odyssey salesman; I don't think I like it as much not to mention the potential comparison to the Accord.

More later?

PS Hope you made it through the Hurricane ok.
  • Options
    acuraman4acuraman4 Member Posts: 2
    I was quited 33.2K from Marin County for a 2005 tl silver/quartz w/ navi and in 6-speed. it comes with wheel locks...the prices includes everything, but TTL. Is this a good deal????????
  • Options
    That seems a bit high, I'm guessing that is an initial quote. We purchased the same car (but in automatic and green/camel) for 32.2K + TTL at the end of June. We bought ours from Acura of Concord and had similar offers from a couple of south bay dealers (Stevens Creek and Sunnyvale, I think). (Scan back a few pages on the forum and you'll see that others have gotten prices around 31,500 + TTL from some So Cal dealers.) Check around some more then ask Marin to come down. I think there are fewer manuals out there, so if you're set on one, it might cost you a bit more, but not much more.
  • Options
    I'm afraid I don't have an exact breakdown. When I was first getting quotes, I asked all the dealers (I was dealing with five of them) to break down the price. Then, when I was ready to negotiate, I took the best OTD price, and took it back again to all the dealers, and I asked them to include the wheel locks, mud guards, all season mats, and trunk tray at no extra charge. Only one place agreed to do that for me, and it was actually a dealership I had done business with in the past, and was happy with. In the beginning, I wanted a broken down price so I could see if I was being overcharged on certain portions, and I compared this between dealers. This way, I had specific portions of the total that I could negotiate with, if needed. Once I got an out the door price I was happy with (or didn't think the dealer would go lower with), I asked them to throw in the extras. It worked out.

Here is the breakdown I based my OTD price on:

$33,000 price of the car
    $ 1,650 5% Maryland sales tax
    $ 310 tags, titles, and fees

$34,959.00 total out the door price

I didn't ask for a breakdown of the $310 tax, title and fee charge since the OTD quote was lower than anyone elses, and I didn't care where the money allocation went to as long as my final total price was the best I could get.
  • Options
    sodeepcsodeepc Member Posts: 4
    Hey all - These are the quotes I'm being given at the moment for a 2005 Acura TL with
    - 2005 Acura TL 5 Speed Automatic
    - No Navigation System
    - Exterior - Nighthawk Black Pearl
    - Interior - Parchment Leather
    - NO EXTRA interior accessories
    - NO EXTRA exterior accessories

Let me know if these dealers are giving me a good deal or if I should even attempt to go lower. Thanks!

Acura of Seattle
    sales price 32,000
    tax (9.1%) 2912
    Licensing Fee 166.25
    dealer doc fee $35
    ============
    Total cost out of my pocket to get this car $35113.25

Acura of Lynnwood
    Sales Price : $32,542.14
    Tax (9.2%) : $2993.88
    License : $162.75
    Documentation : $35
    Total : $35733.77
    except he said "I would give you the NW Protection Package (Wheel Locks, Trunk Tray, Door Edge Guard, and Mud Guards) for FREE because they are already on ALL of our cars."
  • Options
    aggietxaggietx Member Posts: 8
    Both deals sound quite high to me, considering the 06's will be out in 2 weeks. I've had three dealerships here in Texas quote me invoice, $30,800 and it looks like I can get them lower. I would recommend sending out a fax to other dealerships you have not talked to & take the lowest bid to the dealer you would like to purchase from to see if they will meet the deal. Also, make sure you tell them you will get the car serviced there and that you will give them a 100% score on the dealer satisfaction survey. This can relate to HUGE bonuses to the dealer and salespeople.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    acuraman4acuraman4 Member Posts: 2
    Please advise.

Is 33.2K a good deal for a 2005 TL silver/quartz w/ navi and in 6-speed? It seems that no dealer in Cali has one other than the one I have reserved from Marin Acura. I don't want to haggle because they're going to say that this car is very limited availability. What are your thoughts?

Also, I'm thinking about leasing. Does anyone know the residual value tables for TLs? This is important to figure out my monthly payment.

All responses are appreciated. THANKS!
  • Options
    achenatorachenator Member Posts: 128
    o.k since my last post was removed, let's try this again,

I think you should buy in BR so you can beat em down and I'll come in and pitch clean-up. :P . Just kidding. OK not really.

But seriously, I guess lack of competition is keeping us from getting left coast deals. I already have a blue Accord(01 eternal blue pearl) so I'm thinking of silver or anthracite. Oddly enough (ok not really that odd) my wife drives a odyssey as well. (02 model). Without naming names, how have your test drive experiences been in BR. So far, as far as I have gotten has been walking the lot on Sunday. Please let me know what kind of price they give you.

As for Katrina, we live in Abita Springs and we fared well. In Abita, if you didn't get a tree through your roof you did well. Temporarily living w/in-laws in BR until we get power.
  • Options
    I don't know, it sounds like a good deal if it was a Navi, not the best I have heard, but not bad. Did you them against other quotes? I got mine from marin, non-Navi for 31k.
  • Options
    sodeepcsodeepc Member Posts: 4
    Frisconik - Is that non-navi for 31k the sales price or driveout price?
  • Options
    njacuranjacura Member Posts: 2
    I bought an '05 TL AT w/o navi for $30,000 even (below invoice) +tax and tags 2 wks ago in NY. I would have been able to get a TL AT w/navi for $32,300 + tax and tags, but sacrificed the navi for the color combo I wanted. I shopped most of the NYC and North/Central NJ dealerships. Thanks for all of the posts.
  • Options
    aggietxaggietx Member Posts: 8
    WOW! That's the best price I've seen on this board. What was your strategy?
  • Options
    njacuranjacura Member Posts: 2
    It was the last weekend of August-I'm sure monthly quotas had something to do with it. I started the negotiations at around invoice, and there was not much haggling involved.
  • Options
    chen4813chen4813 Member Posts: 7
    I'm currently looking to buy an 05 TL AT w/navi before the weekend and, without really trying too hard so far, have four dealers all quoting at or under $32,900 before TTL. My goal is $34,300 OTD (including 5% MD tax). Will keep you posted.
  • Options
    legjazz1legjazz1 Member Posts: 6
    That seems to a be number ($32.9) that many dealers are comfortable quoting over the internet. Have you had any dealer say "I won't put anything in writing, so you don't shop my low price elsewhere?"

I must admit, I'm a little confused on your target OTD price target. Just based on your current quote of $32.9:

Base price: $32,900
    Tax (5%) : $ 1,645
    Doc Fee (approx) $ 300
    License: 50

Total $34,895

Do you think a base price of $32,300 or so is the bottom of what the Wash/Balt. market will bear?

Like to hear your thoughts..
  • Options
    stgel01stgel01 Member Posts: 4
    I have owned one car in the past, financed it for five years and paid it off. I am not trading my car in, I am giving it to my younger brother. I live in the Fort Lauderdale, FL area. I want to lease a 2005 TL, Automatic, with the navigation system. I don't have a lot of out of pocket money to put towards it. I have NEVER negotiated a lease before. I have learned a lot from the forums here, but would really appreciate any advice this forum could offer. I want to keep my lease payment as close to the $400 a month mark as possible. I am going in next weekend 9/24/05 to lease the car as I heard the end of the month is the best time to lease as sales people are more likely to deal since it’s the end of the month. One other factor is that my credit score is about a 658 (student loans from law school will do that!) I am not sure what effect that will have on the lease. I want to thank anyone who responds for taking the time to help out a first time leasor out.
  • Options
    ggesqggesq Member Posts: 701
    stge101,

although this post does not necessarily address your leasing question, i would like to caution you in regards to a particular dealer in that market. stay away from acura of south florida. if you need further clarification, please do a search for my post on this issue or you can email me and i will fill you in. good luck with your search.
  • Options
    fsudreyerfsudreyer Member Posts: 28
    I have done quite a bit of research in this area. Leasing a TL is crazy. Acura does not offer even a decent lease rate on the TL. Have NOOOO idea why. Honda has $279 month lease for the pilot (30k truck) with normal $ down but the lease is for the tl is $450 month 42 months (33k car). I saw Rick Case have $399 month for either 42 or 36 months (think it was 42) with less than 2k out of pocket. Not horrible but not great. Hope this helps. Also confused in Ft. Lauderdale, Will
  • Options
    stgel01stgel01 Member Posts: 4
    I am sorry to hear you had such a disappointing experience, but I want to thank
    you for the heads up and taking the time to respond to my post. I was recently
    quoted a price of 32,755 for the 05 TL with nav. What other costs should I
    expect when I go in to close the deal, this is coming from someone who has never
    bought or leased a car. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Will my credit
    score have anything to do with the OTD price? Do you think I can ask for lower
    than this price? .
  • Options
    I'm close to finalizing a purchase probably tomorrow--just waiting for the car. Best I've been able to do is at/near invoice: $32,600 + $99 proc + $1634.95 tax + $190 TT = $34,523.95 OTD.
  • Options
    ggesqggesq Member Posts: 701
    no problem. the price i paid for the same car was 32,281 w/out trunk tray, wheel locks or splash guards. decent price for this market considering rick case wouln't come near it. i believe invoice for the car is 32,500 but i am not sure??? i actually live in tampa but i found that there were three dealers in florida that were at that or pretty near my buying price. the dealers are gettel acura in sarasota, acura of orange park in jacksonville and the dealership that i unfortunately bought from- acura of south florida. since all three dealers were pretty much at the same price, i bought from south florida because my parents live down there and wanted to knock out two birds with one stone...

if your time (and travel time for that matter) allows you to shop elsewhere, by all means shop these two other dealers. if i were to pick one- i would go with acura of orange park. very nice people to deal with, they will get back to you quickly and be up front with them as far as where you want to be at with price, lease payments, money down.... and they will return the same.

the other costs you might have to deal with most likely are fl state sales tax, doc fees, lemon law fees, tire/battery waste fees ( very small) and things like that. additionally when you lease a car you might have to be responsible for a security deposit, acquisition fee for returning the car, first month's lease payment and things like that. i have never leased a vehicle before either so sorry for not being more specific. i am only trying to relay from what i hear from others.

i don't believe your credit will affect your otd costs because that is something that is negotiated before going to the finance office. it will obviously affect your finance rate if you were purchasing and might affect your lease terms.

i would contact these other dealers and get quotes from them and see where you are at. if you get a lower quote from the dealers that are farther away, go back to your original dealer and commence the negotiating.... hope this helps.
  • Options
    acuradude1acuradude1 Member Posts: 6
    all
    Since the 2006 is going to be released soon..will the price of the 2005 go down after that.
    I am now sure if i have to wait for 2006 release or to buy it now.
    i am in Dc metro area and the best quote i got till now is
    32,900 + TTL + tax =~ 34,200.

do u think that i can negitiate more?

thank you
    Acura obsession
  • Options
    rajeevpsftrajeevpsft Member Posts: 6
    I have had a couple of dealers asking me for what I want to pay rather than quote a number. What is with that? Is that their way of avoiding being pitted against one another? Anyone got a car this way?
  • Options
    You can do a little better. My guess the ideal time (best selection and price) is between now and the end of this month. For rock-bottom prices, wait until the 2006s are here maybe next month and you should have a few leftover 2005's.
  • Options
    i bought the new car price report (12 $) from consumerreports.org and Consumer Reports (CR) Wholesale Price (also called Nogotiating start price) was given at
    31,547. (for 3.2 5AT Navigation System).

also, in DC area the best quote (for 3.2 5AT Navigation System) i got till now is 32,900 + TTL + tax =~ 34,200 OTD.
    Do u have any plans at all to wait for sometime till 2006 TL comes up..so that the price of 2005 goes down??..does that happen at all??

thank you
    Acura obsession
  • Options
    i forgot to mention the make..3.2 5AT Navigation System