-September 2024 Special Lease Deals-

2024 Chevy Blazer EV lease from Bayway Auto Group Click here

2024 Jeep Grand Cherokee lease from Mark Dodge Click here

2025 Ram 1500 Factory Order Discounts from Mark Dodge Click here

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• happytlhappytl Member Posts: 17
    The supply at Santa Monica are getting real low on the navi units thats why they might not seem as interested lately but many of my friends have purchased and all have had enjoyable experiences there.
  • rj1rj1 Member Posts: 2
    All:

As a follow-up to my previous post, I finalized my purchase with Keyes Van Nuys today. $32,000 purchase price, $34,717 OTD for a 2005 TL Automatic with Nav, splash guards and wheel locks.

I would echo more recent posts that the inventory of 2005 TL's with Navigation might be shrinking. Today, SM and Glendale both indicated their Nav supply was getting low. The specific color combinations that I wanted at Glendale apparently sold this morning - based on a phone call with the rep (though I did not actually visit the dealership). The inventory at Keyes for specific color combinations is also limited, and they indicated they do not expect further deliveries of 2005 models. They also told me they don't trade (buy?) vehicles from other dealerships. In the first response from SM, they said they'd do that, but I can't confirm if they would or not since I didn't pursue a purchase with them.

Interestingly, I overheard a separate sales conversation with another customer. It definetely sounds as though SM and Glendale are up against Keyes for the best pricing. Keyes own personnel mentioned both of those dealership by name in a price negotiation.

Agree with other posters... this is a great forum for helping folks make informed purchases. :D
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 247,576
    Exactly... we aren't allowed to disclose salespeople's names...

Thanks for your co-operation and understanding...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• kurtpkurtp Member Posts: 15
    Does anyone have an itemized list of what the differences are between the 2005 and 2006 TL's? If the price difference isn't to great, the newer model would always be better. Have they released their price plans yet?

The one dealer that I spoke with said he didn't know anything about these yet, but that could have been because he seemed to like very concise emails. It would be hard to answer these questions in less than five words.

Thanks again.

Kurt
  • mcho3mcho3 Member Posts: 37
    sorry guys in advance...
    i am shopping for a car and my calculations are not coming out right.
    so i figured i will try to make this simple....
    are there anyone paying around 430/month for this car on 36month, 12k, with 0 down.
    is this even possible???
  • nycgalnycgal Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know a reputable Acura/Honda dealer in NYC? Without naming names, I've had a couple bad experiences -- the bait and switch of seeing an ad in the newspaper quoting a special price, calling to make an appt to come in for a test drive that day or the next but confirming first that the color I want is available along with every color that they make ... only to get to the dealership and learn there was only one car available at that price and it was just sold. One manager at a NYC dealership even added the price of placing the newspaper ad to my quote, because they felt that since it brought me in, I should pay for it.
  • ceb90ceb90 Member Posts: 24
    Can anybody answer my questions?

Does these finance numbers look right?

How can I negotiate for lower payments?

Quote $31,700, the OTD price is $34,641.71

Finance for 48mo 3.9% with $5000 down, my payments will be $671mo. or
    60mo at 4.9% w/$5000 down payments will be $558mo. I live in LA County.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 247,576
    The 48 mo. payment looks $3/mo. too high, but the 60 month payment is right on the money...

If you can swing the payment, go for 48 months.. You'll save $1400 in interest over the life of the loan..

Is the $31,700 for a TL with NAV? or without NAV?

If it is without NAV, the price is too high.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Has anyone been quoted competitive prices from any Orange County CA dealers? I live in San Diego and would prefer a drive to Orange County to LA County. The logistics make the further drive much harder.

Thanks.
  • enc1enc1 Member Posts: 1
    Does any one know if you can negotiate with Acura's current financing offer? Thanks.
  • delmar1delmar1 Member Posts: 744
    kurtp.... I think that if you look at the quotes from the past few weeks you have a very complete list of pricing....

Basically from observation...currently the 'better' pricing is up in Northern LA.

What you really need to do is to concentrate on working out a deal BEFORE visiting the dealership for delivery. That way a decision can be made on whether it is worth the additional drive of 1 hour to Northern LA from Orange County can be made. Possible that the two hour round trip drive is worth $1,000. And remember...you never have to visit that dealer again as you would have your car serviced in San Diego near your home.
    that is trying to help others as this board also saved me $$ and trying to return the favor.

I hope that others will also help out on this board who benefitted from the forum....as my shelf life is soon to expire. I am long in the tooth as I bought my car in June.

Glad I could help others.
    Thank you. Also the price is for a Nav. I am going to the dealer today, so I will let everyone know how it goes.
    Well I pulled the trigger and bought my TL w/Nav blk on blk from Glendale for $34,641.71 OTD. They tried to sale me the extended warranty of 7yrs/100,000 miles for $1895 and gap protection for $595 and Lo Jack. But I told them no thanks, so I pickup the car in a couple of days, I didn't get to drive it because the car was brand new. It only has 2 miles on it did not have any of the fuses in it and has not gone through expection yet. The dealer said when I pick up the car it will have 6-8 miles on it. Also I think the sticker on the window of this car read $35,715 MSRP. I wanted to pay for the body kit separately, they told me $1349 for the under body kit and the wing for $549 all installed. But I've heard I can purchase it from ebay for $700.
    Thanks delmar1 and others that have posted all their TL buying information.

More pricing research in San Diego, hopefull to avoid the drive, revealed more of what was written. The OTD price would be about $1500 more than in upper LA, well justifying the drive. The Temecula dealership won't compete with LA pricing either.

I spoke with one of the managers for ten minutes about this price difference and he couldn't understand how the dealers make money selling 2005 TLs as they do. He said that as they sell them, for $1500 more than LA, he only makes $100. I realize there is a volume payment at the end of the quarter or month. Maybe the ownership arrangement puts more money in the owners pockets and the salespeople have to sell at a higher price???? We may never know.

Thanks again to all. I will continue working to get my car this week and once I do I will post the information.
  • rmiller1rmiller1 Member Posts: 2
    Anyone recently purchased a TL w/ NAV in the Chicago area ?? Please advise pricing and dealer. Thanks
    "He said that as they sell them, for $1500 more than LA, he only makes $100."

Yeah...I am not sure how they make money also...(does anyone know?). Perhaps as they are trying to get a higher allocation of cars...blowing high volume of 2005s in preparation of getting more 2006 early in the year? However...as a consumer...I will take it any day.

Bigger question is how would any rational buyer continue to buy in the San Diego market and pay $1,500 to $2,000 more!

Kurtp...glad I was able to assist. Any day. Enjoy the TL (what color combo did you get?)
    delmar1: No car yet. This last weekend was too crazy. My goal this week is to get a white TL with NAV. There are a couple dealers in the LA area that have them at a good price, leaving me with woring out logistics with getting up to LA. My wife is out of town all week and I am not going to trade my current car in (this would be another $1500 mistake).

A concern of mine if I get dropped off in LA to get the car is the old bait-and-switch, so I will get as much assurance that the car will be there at the price discussed as possible. Any thoughts?

Thanks.
    Unlikely you will get the old bait and switch...as I haven't heard any such from Acura dealers (some other dealers...yes. Acura..no).

Here is a way to gain higher confidence that the car will be there. Ask them to send you a .pdf or fax of the window sticker and ask for the VIN# (which will also be on the sticker)....with a written summary of the exact negotiated deal.
    Thanks. I will do that. And, it is good to hear that Acura treats customers differently than other dealers do.
  • utc2utc2 Member Posts: 42
    ceb 90 - congratulations on the new car. I have the exact color combination and love it. You negotiated a great deal. Enjoy!

kurtp - my reccomendation is that you get the dealer to send an email basically confirming all of the negotiated details, then print out a copy, they may be reluctant to give you the vin# as I tried that but they said "the car may not be on the lot when you come" - another reccomendation to get the car is perhaps take the surfliner (amtrak) up to la - then perhaps metrolink or a taxi ... good luck
  • shooter43shooter43 Member Posts: 6
    I'm close to pulling the trigger on a 05 TL w/Navi. Getting a great deal as its the end of the model year. Still, part of me feels that I should wait for the '06 to come out in 2 months. From what I hear, Acura has addressed the torque steer issue which is one of the cars few flaws. The dealer also said that the '06 will be available in white on black which would be my first choice. Of course, he also tried to pressure me into buying an '05, claiming that I'll basically be paying FULL STICKER for an '06! Is this true? And, if so, is it worth spending $2500 for the torque steer solve and preffered color combo? Any insights would be much appreciated!
  • liferulesliferules Member Posts: 531
    Kurtp,

I agree with utc2. Absolutely get them to send you an email with the exact car, VIN#, and prices, including TT&L. Tell them that you will be bringing a check with the exact amount listed on their email, so they can't try to add anything afterwards (it amy also make them less likely to send you to the F&A guy for the "riot act"). Some dealerships will actually Fedex the true purchase papers/contract if you live far away and want it "sealed" before flying in...

Good luck!
    You can answer your own question on whether to wait. Go test drive a 2005 TL and see if you feel any torque steer. For me...I don't feel any torque steer in my 2005.
  • tianctianc Member Posts: 13
    I got my TL yesterday at Santa Monica Acura. The process was really painless: I got in the door, was asked to show the e-mail printout ($31,599 w/nav AT), choose the color, that's it. One of the best expereience I have had shopping for car. It looks like there are not a lot of colors to choose from, but I am pretty happy with my choice: anthracite on black. Not much haggling at the business office neither, got 2.9 apr for 36 months financing with no problem.

Drove it back to NorCal last night... what a sweet ride! and it averaged 31 mpg for the first tank!!! :shades:

Thanks for everyone for providing helpful info and insight (delmar1, you sure exceeded the shelf life here, kudos to you!). This forum concept is really working, keep up all the good works, folks!
    Hello All,

Just wanted to share my experience, although not complete yet. I just worked out a deal for the car I want at Sierra Acura, through their Ineternet Sales Manager. Ths price was $32150 with protection package, but the deal is that it won't be in stock until 9/23/2005. This leaves me in a tough spot, as if the car doesn't come in, it will be too late to get the white car I want.

I have a written guarantee for this price through the month of September, even though he can't give me a VIN until he gets it next week. If the car was to arrive in October, he wouldn't be able to honor this price.

The pre-buying experience was great with Sierra and I am hoping that the buying experience is just as wonderful. If things go South, I will certainly post the experience.

Thanks to all.
  • shooter43shooter43 Member Posts: 6
    Funny. I was at Santa Monica on Saturday shopping the TL . They lowballed me on my trade in, then tried to strong arm me into a sale when I started to walk. A few days later I went to Keyes and had a silmilar problem... These guys just plain refuse to give you a definite number untill you're ready to sign a contract. Guess I will use $31,599 as my target price now. Thanks Tianc!
    To Shooter43: Send them an e-mail first will always help. That was what I did (via Edmunds, or through their own web site). I did all my negotiation via e-mail and just brought the e-mail with the final price we have agreed upon (make sure you have the printout...this is a must!). It sure saved me a lot of toubles since I didn't even spend a second haggling for the price (I have seen someone in this forum who have gotten $31,499, but I am not going to sweat over $100). Best of luck to you!
    By the way, I didn't get a good number for my trade-in neither, but I kinda expected it. So I guess I will have to get more money selling it on craigslist then... :P
  • dtoccidtocci Member Posts: 3
    I notice many of the posting are West and Southwest part of U.S.. Working on a buying a TL in North Carolina. Anyone have info about pricing in N.C. region?
    I have a written offer for '05 TL (no NAVI, protection pkg=yes) at 32,470. Was wondering just how good that deal really is? Comments welcom.
  • samuelhsamuelh Member Posts: 10
    Hi all,

Told another lady I loved her this weekend. I couldn't help myself. She was stunning. With respect to her privacy, I'll just mention her initials; T.L.
    She is a Nighthawk Black Pearl, Camel interior, automatic with navigation dream lady.

Picked her up yesterday at Gillman Acura in Houston and she's worth every penny. Smooth to the touch, exquisite to look at, and best of all, when you ask her to perform, she performs with the willingness and purpose of a woman who has just been proposed to.

Okay, before everyone thinks that I'm either crazy or sexually deprived, the answer is neither. Just trying to quell the euphoria of new car ownership.

I live in Lafayette La, and drove to Houston to pick up the car. It is approx. 4 hours away. I paid $33495.00 plus $479.00 for the deck lid spoiler. OTD was about $37000.00, which includes 8% tax, title and license. They included wheel locks, trunk tray and splash guards.

Now before anybody tells me that it seems a bit pricey, please take the following into account. Prices in Louisiana are not the cheapest and for Houston I got a very decent price. But what made me choose Gillman Acura, was the fact that they were extremely reliable, courteous, punctual with regards to returning e-mails and calls AND were one of the few dealerships that would search for, pick up and deliver the TL to their dealership at no cost to me. The NBP/CAMEL/NAVI combo is difficult to come by and eventually, UP TO A CERTAIN POINT, service received
    outweighs the price of the product. The whole transaction went smoothly with no pressure and T.C. went out of his way to accomodate me, even answering my questions on Sunday.

Well, it goes without saying, that everybody's help on this forum has been invaluable. Thanks!
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,906
    Congrats, Samuel. Worry not what others here think of your deal. You are happy (as you should be with such a special lady...), therefore we are happy!

Enjoy!

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• wileeebwileeeb Member Posts: 16
    My son has a 2002 RSX Type S. I bought him the extended warranty and just the other day he was saying he was glad I did that. He hasn't had BIG things, but he gets super attention even for the little things, and he always gets a rental car. I paid a heck of a lot more for my car, (different brand) and once my warranty ran out I was scum. The Acura warranty covers sooooooo many more things than other dealers will cover. When you consider that mechanics prices of $100+ per hour can be charnged for warranty work, you might want to reconsider the warranty. I agree with you on the Lo Jack though. It is a costly feature and for that I was willing to assume the risk and did not purchase the agreement.
    Hey folks...I am now hearing that you all worked out car purchase prices without getting an indication of your trade-in prices. When working out the internet deals...you also want to get indications of trade-in values. Those vary tremendously....and obviously you want to not only get a great purchase price...but a great trade value to come out on a net purchase.

I was able to get a definitive price on my trades in the past. Go to www.kbb.com to get the Kelly Blue Book prices... I was able to get the 'excellent' trade value in all my dealings.
  • achenatorachenator Member Posts: 128
    I have been following your posts for a while,congrats on the new TL! What was your best price from Acura of Baton Rouge? Did you try Walker(before they went 6 feet underwater)?
    I guess BR has a new building to pay for. They will prob. get snootier because they will be the only game in town for a while. I was hoping for around $33k. :D
    The two quotes I received from Baton Rouge were as follows:

$35365 with deck lid spoiler, trunk tray, wheel locks, and mud guards. This INCLUDES destination. Said there was no doc. fee or dealer prep fee. This price is EXCLUDING TT&L.

The other quote was essentially the same. It was $34990 with deck lid spoiler EXCLUDING TT&L. The reason I say the same is because no mention was made of trunk tray etc, for which they normally charge approx. $345.00.

These quotes were from two different people at Acura BR. Please keep in mind that I never negotiated at all with them due to the fact that the hurricane hit at the exact time I was thinking of purchasing. Personally, I don't think they will go as low as Texas numbers.

Walker Acura contacted me, asked me a few questions and never got back to me.

Classic Acura price was $33795 plus 479 for spoiler, which was $300 more than Gillman and they wanted to charge me $400 to transport the car to their dealership. The car was in Austin so I could kind of understand the cost involved.

Vandergriff Acura in Arlington Texas had a good price. It was around $32555 WITH navigation but it was a little too far to travel and they didn't have the combo I wanted. Also would not get the car I wanted for me.

Sterling McCall were extremely nice and I think their price was also around $33795 but never had my choice of colors.

Achenator, I hope this helps, and I also want you to know that I am far from being an aggressive negotiator. You can most certainly do better than I did, but the timing was good for me and other than the occasional pang of buyer's remorse, I'm happy with my purchase.

Good luck.
  • achenatorachenator Member Posts: 128
    Good to know. Thanks for such a thorough post. The important thing is you got the car you wanted at a price you thought was fair. I should be buying around the end of the month
    and I was just curious as to what BR had offered. I would rather pay a few hundred more or go a little farther to get what I want as you did. I know time is running out for preferred colors. As I live on the northshore of Lake Ponchartrain I could prolly go east to Mobile or north to Jackson,Birmingham or Memphis. Thanks again and enjoy your TL. :D
    Delmar1, I know what you mean; the only problem is: most of the dealerships refused to give me a quote, stating "we can't quote you a trade-in value without seeing the car frist". What did you do to get them give you the quote over internet? :confuse: (hopefully this topic doesn't already belong to a different forum.)
    I am in the midst of getting my TL and the issue of door trim came up. My neighbor has a silver TL that has matching silver door trim, so I thought that all trim would match the color of the car. The dealer is checking on this, but says that the door trim will not match the white car I plan on purchasing. Can anyone out there let me know what they have learned about the door trim colors for these cars?

Thanks.

Kurt
    I told the dealers what car I wanted and that I planning to trade in my current vehicle. I then proceeded to latch them into the price of the new purchase and get to within my target price (which narrowed down the contenders) then reminded them I was seeking a fair price for the trade and that I expect a KBB 'excellent condition' bid. They would then get back to me and some willing. From those willing...you would see huge variations (some giving a great price for the buy but a horrible price for trade)...which allowed you to further focus on the final candidates.

Now...I wouldn't get the exact price...but would get a very firm understanding of their ability to discuss trade-ins at a reasonable price.

Or maybe I am just lucky in getting trade-in bids.
    I figured it out. The door trim will match the paint color.
  • fsudreyerfsudreyer Member Posts: 28
    Does anyone know if h.f.s. will offer another (better) apr on the tl? The last promotion was not that great unless you did 36 months--2.9%.
  • sushi96720sushi96720 Member Posts: 12
    The color for the door edge trim is White Diamond Pearl so should match the body color unless it is missing the Pearl and is plain white.
    I just ordered one from the internet. Hope it's a match.
    Delmar1... thanks for the tips. Had I pushed the dealership a little harder, they might have given me a quote, but I wasn't really being that specific about KBB value... oh well.

Time to enjoy my new TL and not to worry about trade-in for many years to come! :shades:
    Glad I was able to assist. Go out there an enjoy your TL. Hope you will spend some time on the TL boards in the future to share your experiences and to assist others.
    First I would like to thank: utc2, Arienger, kyfdx, delmar1, golfehere, and others for your help on my purchase.

I drove my new 2005 TL w/ Nav blk on blk home yesterday, it is a great car. When I picked it up the car only had 7 miles on it. There was another person pick up a new TL to that the sales person was showing all the in & outs too. Once the dealer finished with her, then he should me everything about my car. I was right about the price sticker being $35,715.00 on this car it was more than the other cars on the lot. The destination was $615.00, all the other TL destination charge was $570, so I don't know why this one was more. Also when I was driving it home yesterday on the freeway I notice the ride being a little hard, vibrating, and the back being bounce. Can this be from being new? But I still love this car.
  • legjazz1legjazz1 Member Posts: 6
    I too am shopping in North Carolina. Lowest internet quote yet I've rec'd is $33,100 (AT w/ NAVI) , but have only had 3 quotes returned to date. Seems high compared to what I've been reading in this forum. Inventory seems to be getting low in the Carolinas.
    I will probably end up buying a $30 one-way Southwest Airline ticket to Baltimore and buy up there to save a grand or so - go up on business anyway and the drive back doesn't bother me.

Anyone have any luck in the Greater DC/Baltimore area?
  • acura2005acura2005 Member Posts: 1
    I am planning to buy a new Acura TL with navigation. I am not sure what is the going price in the SFO bay area. Does anyody know of any particular dealers that are giving good deals on this car.
  • telco59telco59 Member Posts: 16
    I'm interested in getting either a 2006 or 2005 TL. Since the dealers may not be willing to discount very much when the 2006's come out, I may very well get a 2005. Has anyone gotten any good deals lately in the DC and Baltimore metro area? I am looking for AT with navigation. I also like the Abyss Blue Pearl, which is being discontinued on the 2006 model. If I were to go with a 2005, I would want it as close to invoice as possible. I'm not certain I want to pay almost full price on a 2006.