Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    bothflybothfly Member Posts: 10
    I'm trying to find a used or maybe new TL in the DFW area.
    I missed a deal at a FW Dealer over the weekend.
    Anyone selling a nice clean TL? Kinda want a A SPEC.
    Also, what DFW Dealer is the best to deal with?
    Thanks
  • Options
    easttleasttl Member Posts: 17
    I got the 2006 TL, White Diamond Pearl, Navigation, Mud Guards and Parchment Interior. I just looked at the bottom line for what I paid and it was 35388.04 OTD including everything (tax, destination, license, doc fee). Personally I was happy with this for a price. Happy Shopping!!!
  • Options
    laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,735
    Not to me. My thought? Invest the cost of the extended warranty in conservative vehicles for (at least) the term of the original warranty. You keep YOUR money, earn interest and have it available post factory warranty if you need repairs. If you don't need repairs, you still have YOUR money (plus earnings) to do with as you please!

If you can't sleep at night without the extended, buy it. I owned a frist model year Chrysler for 5.5 years/67,000 miles and for 2.5 years out of warranty and had no repairs to pay for. The odds are better that an Acura will match that record. Of course, I didn't trust to keep the Chrysler (300M, great car!) into the 70,000+ mile range... ;)

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• Options
    chejo28chejo28 Member Posts: 34
    Hi everyone. I'm just new here and my husband and I are planning to buy an A-spec Acura TL. We really haven't shopped around yet but an Acura dealer that we went to told us that the lowest they can go is $500 off the MSRP. I find that hard to believe since most of the people in this forum have gotten good deals with the TL's. So can anybody tell me where the best dealer is in Southern Cali? Thanks!
  • Options
    imunjoimunjo Member Posts: 2
    To easttl,
    Boy! It seems like you have a lot of time on your hands to go all over the place to make sure that you get the best deal.
    I do not agree with you at all about Napleton Acura. I just bought my TL from them on Saturday and the price was exactly as I was quoted over the internet, with no games. Not only that, I was treated great and found that the whole staff was willing to help me with anything to make me feel comfortable. :)
    I personally think you had an unfortunate situation with them, that you may have brought on yourself by using trickery as you stated in this Forum. :sick:
    Just to let you know in defense of dealers, I have had several family members in the past who have worked for dealers, and all of them have given me similar situations from the dealer perspective, where consumers would lie to the extent that it aggravates them (the dealer) :mad: only for few dollars.
    Anyway, I wish you all the best of luck with your TL's, and I do strongly recommend Ed Napleton Acura they took care of me and I am sure many other customers to stay in business. :D
    Side note, don't always beleive what you read on these forums. :shades:
  • Options
    Hi easttl. I hope you don't mind my asking but how much were the additional fees (TTL)?
  • Options
    In response to IMUNJO,

It is my belief that the response to my claim that Napleton Acura uses shady tricks is being written by none other than the internet sales manager himself looking to do a little damage control for his dealership. Towards the end of our deal he added 100 dollars to the price and was very rude and aggressive in his domineer.

Also, Napleton Acura offered me $2500 dollars less than CARMAX for my trade, now tell me that their not out to rape the consumer!!!

Hence, the reasons I choose to do business with a more honest dealership. Again this is only my opinion. As for myself using trickery to get a good deal… I don’t consider communicating via email only for my initial dealer offers trickery, to me this is good business sense. Not to mention that this is how the Acura website is set up for a consumer to communicate!!!

By the way IMUNJO, what price did you pay for your TL that you bought from Napleton Acura? I am sure all of us here in the forum would like to know how great the dealer really is.

My advice if you like high pressure situations and aggressive sales tactics then shop at Napleton Acura. Otherwise I found there to be many more honest and friendly Acura dealerships in the Chicago area. See post # 5070 in this forum.
  • Options
    Chejo28,

As you requested here is the break down of my addition fees. 2006 Acura TL W/ Navi & mud guards

Vehicle price including acessories: 33095.00
    Documentation fee: 55.39
    Sales tax: 2237.65
    Total Price OTD: 35388.04
  • Options
    mllyettmllyett Member Posts: 4
    I DO NOT recommend Napleton Acura. The internet manager agreed on a price with me thru email for an 06. When I arrived, he and his sales manager put on a dog and pony show that the price was intended for an 05 and DISREGUARDED what was stated in the email. They suggests I do not have the credibility to afford the vehicle since I cannot settle for the price they offered. In my opinion, they were highly unprofessional and disrespectful. I do not think I or anybody should tolerate such unethical business tactics.
  • Options
    suckersucker Member Posts: 2
    Love this site! I bought my car about 6 weeks ago from Acura of Marin. $33,370 plus ~$250 for "protection package" (mud flaps, truck liner, wheel locks), + TT&L. No additional dest charge. Other than them refusing to provide a written quote, I was very happy with the experience.
  • Options
    chantillyvachantillyva Member Posts: 1
    I got a quote of 34,015 with destination. One dealer said he could only offer 34,940, so I called up the United Buying Service and got in touch with Radley Acura which offered 34,015 which is 400 above the UBS 2005 price. That is incredible to see people getting prices for 33.8 and lower. Does anyone have prices from other DC/Baltimore dealers.
  • Options
    thanks easttl. your post really helped me a lot! i hope my husband and i get our tl for the price we want. thanks again! :)
  • Options
    nfurlownfurlow Member Posts: 20
    I know the 06 tl is a brand new car now and the demand for it is increasing so the price will not be much off of the msrp. Will the dealers start to offer more of a discount after we get a few months into 2006 like in april or may. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  • Options
    I have heard the few differences b/t the 05' and 06', and in my opinion are not very vast. what is different about the 04 and 05. I really really want a tl w/navi but i trying to see all my options. Is the navi system a lot different in a 04 than an 06. If I could find a good deal on a 04 w/ low miles do you think i am losing a lot of options from the 04 to 06. Does the 04 still have the voice recognition as well as the bluetooth for the phone?
    Thank you in advance!!
  • Options
    i saw a few tl on ebay that was in denton, dallas, and arlington which is close to you. The one in arlington is a real fine car. I am not a fan of buying stuf off ebay but you could check it out as a reference, or maybe contact the seller and let them know you are close. Hope that helps. I am looking for the same thing in more of the beaumont, tx area. Let me know of any white ones you come across. GOOD LUCK
  • Options
    wooohaaawooohaaa Member Posts: 33
    Soutwest Airlines is $39 one way from BWI to Cleveland Hopkins. Acura of Cleveland has been giving me internet quotes of 33000 + TTL for a 2006 Acura TL Auto with Navigation. Work out a deal get them to send the paperwork and buy the one way ticket. Enjoy the drive back in the TL!!!
  • Options
    newtl2newtl2 Member Posts: 3
    Hi everyone,
    I'm looking seriously at a new 05/06 TL and I am wondering if the end of the fiscal year has anything to do with getting a GREAT deal on the car. I already have internet pricing from my local dealer and I am wondering if I would be able to do better on price and interest rates at the end of the year.

Thanks.
  • Options
    Hi all. I live in Southern California and I've been trying to bargain with dealers online. I have been asking for $41,000 OTD for an Acura TL A-Spec with Navigation. :) So far no one is accepting my offer. :( Am I asking for too little? Would $42,500 be a good deal already? I would be happy to get your opinions. Thanks! :shades:
  • Options
    jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    If you mean 31k and 32.5k no way...
  • Options
    I got a quote over the phone for a 06 TL w/ Nav for $33.1 plus TTL from a dealer in DFW. No one else wants to match it. He is pricing out a body kit and 18 inch wheel and tires for me. Then going to put it to email.
    I'm really still looking for a 04/05 w/ low miles and then I want to ASPEC that car out. Anyone find one let me know.
  • Options
    rasbarasba Member Posts: 1
    Hey all,
    This is my post here. I have been shopping around for a 2005 model TL for the last one week with about 4 DC-metro dealers. After couple of rounds of negotiations, this is what I have been offerred.

Just the car price: $29,400 from 2 dealerships, and $29300 by the other. There is another dealership who said to me that he will beat the lowest offer by $200.

Are are prices any good? I have also been offerred 2006 model for 1800-2000 more. Should I go for 2006 model rather. I plan to keep the for the next 8-10 years.
  • Options
    pmarchpmarch Member Posts: 2
    I've been reading this board for a couple weeks now and have just emailed 4 dealers today. I've gotten 2 quotes so far...best one from Metro in Essington for $32200. I'm sure that's not out the door, but it almost seems too good to be true. Thoughts? Anyone else bought in Phila area? My plan was to take the best quote to the dealer I really want to buy from on Friday.
  • Options
    No, I really meant 41K or 42.5K. I know the MSRP for Acura TL 2006 with Navi is $35,940 but adding the A-Spec package is another $5200+installation fee. Then I still need to add other taxes so I'm wondering if my 41K offer is too low that's why no one is accepting. They're saying my offer is below invoice.
  • Options
    imunjoimunjo Member Posts: 2
    In response to easttl,
    First of all I am not the internet sales manager, so I do not appreciate you insinuating that I am. Second, for the amount of slander that you are writing in this forum, I would not blame him for defending his dealership. I met with him and I did not find him to be High Pressure at all. In fact he was so kind, that he introduced me to everyone in the dealership and took the time to explain me all about the TL Navi. Third, I paid $33,190 including destination, and for $100 I would not go through the stress you went through, because I do not have the time. Fourth, the internet is a great tool, and I used it exactly the way it was meant to be used by shopping around for the best deal, and I found that they (Napleton Acura) were more than willing to earn my business.
    Lastly, my advice to you is not insinuate anything in the future, and just because you felt you were dealt with in an aggressive manner, it doesn't mean that I was or all the other customers that they have helped in the past before you and me.
    By the way, I can see by your reply to my posting, why you may have had a really hard time with Napleton Acura, and I am sure other dealers. You clearly must be someone who is difficult to work with.
  • Options
    jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    What is the "A-Spec package"?
  • Options
    davidh4davidh4 Member Posts: 2
    On October 29th, I bought an 06 TL w/o nav for invoice price, with mud guards, trunk tray and wheel locks thrown in, at Sussman Acura in Jenkintown, outside of Philly. I had been looking for an 05, and getting internet quotes, but when they couldn't provide the color I wanted, the sales manager offered the 06 price.
  • Options
    it's the sports package of the TL.

The A-SPEC kit includes:

* Pre-assembled performance springs and shocks that lower the vehicle approximately 1.2 in. (30 mm)
    * 18-inch wheels with 235/40ZR18 Yokohama AVS ES100 tires
    * Aero kit
    * Rear spoiler
    * Special steering wheel with distinctive shape and stitching
    * Performance brake pads (for automatic transmission vehicles only)
    * A-SPEC badging
  • Options
    emilleremiller Member Posts: 1
    After reviewing some of the messages posted on the forum, I would have to say that I strongly disagree with some of the negative messages left about Napleton Acura. As a customer who recently purchased a TL without Navigation, I have nothing but good things to say about the dealership, and more specifically, the internet department. I first placed a request for the TL, and they were able to give me the information I needed along with a price that was lower than the other dealers in the area. The numbers they provided me with were right to the point, with no hidden fees and no surprise charges. During the whole purchase experience, they took the time to show me around the dealership, meet the staff, go over numbers and explain the details of the vehicle. I had a great experience and I would absolutely recommend my family and friends to purchase from Ed Napleton Acura. I can understand how not everyone can agree when it comes to dealing with money and purchasing a car, but from my personal experience, they were honest and caring.
  • Options
    starman98starman98 Member Posts: 119
    Car to share with us which dealer it was? I would love to know cause David MCDavid isn't budging off MSRP.
  • Options
    Yup, its not McDavid, they don't deal.
    It was Vandergriff. Got an email quote of 33.1K plus TTL. I want a body kit and tires/wheels upgrade, the guy I was dealing with was kinda clueless on the whole process.
    Ahh, buying a car is such a hassle.
    Hey maybe we can buy two TL's and get a good deal.
  • Options
    harrybush00harrybush00 Member Posts: 76
    It's just my opinion, but even if the A-Spec trim gives the TL a bit of uniqueness, I just can't see any TL being worth more than 40 large. I feel like what makes the TL a nice car is its content per dollar, but for 40+, it loses that appeal (granted I can't think of a very good alternative for 40 grand). Why not just use that extra 5-6 grand or so to get a custom body kit from elsewhere? I'm almost sure this will be cheaper and give you something that's got more of a wow factor (if that's what you're looking for that is).
  • Options
    elvis4prezelvis4prez Member Posts: 85
    32200 for 06 Nav??
    That is 620 below invoice!
    Or... it doesn't include destination and/or other "hidden" or high "doc fees".
    Or... the market is deluged, soft, ??? there in Philly area.
    Be careful and consider getting a better breakdown of all charges leading up to an OTD price.
  • Options
    bennyb1bennyb1 Member Posts: 3
    Hey East...How are you? Thanks for showing your research numbers...it has helped me in my search. Here's my question for you and anyone else who may be reading this:

I'd been dealing with a real nice guy at Pauly (who doesn't seem to be doing the whole Internet thing) and the first offer they gave me for an Acura TL 2006 w/o navigation was $31,800. I told him it was a deal if he came back with $31,000 assuming that if East got offers as low as $33,015 for the same car w/ navigation, then why not subtract the $2000 and ask them to come down to $31,000 (no mention of mudguards). He called me back and said while they couldn't do that, they could work with me and although he didn't give me a price, he said $31,300 or $31,400. I told him that I'd like to do bus. with him, but I think there are better deals out there. That was it. Is that normal of them to let someone walk for $300?
    Any advice?
  • Options
    tlguy1tlguy1 Member Posts: 1
    Since these forums allow people to share there personal opinion of their car buying experience, I figured I would throw in my two cents as well. First off, I do agree with easttl when it was stated that the internet is the easiest way to get pricing quotes and offers, it is efficient and not very time consuming. Also it allows people to get the best price without having to even show face. I do however disagree with many of the other comments stated by easttl. The biggest one being the bashing of Ed Napleton Acura as this was the store that provided me the best price and overall satisfaction. I think it is pretty safe to say that many car dealerships as well as the sales people who work there have gotten some bad press in the past, but in all honesty I had nothing but a good relationship with both the internet manager and the sales manager. I was able to get a 2006 TL with navigation, splash guards, and wheel locks for the same price; $33,095 and I didn't have to waste my time arguing back and forth, nor did I have to visit every dealership in the Chicagoland area. I have a question for easttl, why was the "extra" $100 added at the end of the deal? Was there extra equipment on the car that they tried to charge you for? Most of the time consumers like ourselves will try to embellish a little bit to get a competitive advantage when it comes to negotiating time. However as much as we want the dealership to be honest with us, don't we owe them the same respect that we demand? During my buying process I was honest about what I was willing to pay, and the process went very smooth. Are we to the point in our society when we feel it is necessary to "trick" dealerships into giving us the best deal. Why can't we be honest? Honesty is the best policy and I can say that I believe I had a smooth deal process because I was so up front in the beginning. It's too bad that easttl didn't have the best experience at Napleton, but I can recommend this store to anyone who wants a car at a price that wont kill the pocketbook. Also I have been taking my car there for service and really haven't had any problems. It is too bad that one bad apple has to spoil the experience for others, but like I said earlier I would highly recommend Ed Napleton Acura for your TL purchase(Plus they have cute cashiers :).
  • Options
    In response to TLGUY1 ,

Here is a brief summary of the “one hundred dollar game” Napleton Acura played with me. We had smoothly and honestly agreed on a price for the TL and we were now talking the finances part of the deal (figuring out the payments). The Internet sales manager at Napleton had added 100 dollars to the total price of the car that we had agreed on. When I called him on it he said pointing his finger towards me, “that, that was a good deal and I should take it”. I told him that that is not what we had agreed on. He left his office and came back in giving me these two options. Option one, take the car for 33,195 with mudguards or option two, take the car for 33,095 without mudguards.

In response I gave him two options, option three, we go back to the original price that we had worked out or option four, I walk out of the dealer. Well, he took me up on option three, selling the car for 33,095 with mudguards but made me feel as if I was taking the food right off his children’s plates.

So all I had to do was take my current car to Carmax sell it and come back to complete the deal. When I left the Napleton Acura I was really turned off by their high-pressure sales tactics, dramatics and how the Intent sales manager tried to add 100 dollars to the price. So I called another local dealer told them what had happened and they were happy to treat me with respect and sell me a TL for the same price, for which they did.

Why did Napleton Acura try to add an extra 100 dollars to my deal? Why the aggressive sales tactics, why all the drama, who knows maybe the Internet sales manager was just having a bad day. However, to me it represented unethical sales practices.

I do believe you TLGUY1 in that honesty is the best policy and I’m sure you did have a great experience, however I did not therefore I will not recommend them. I don’t think that by shopping around to get the best price you are “tricking” the dealer in any way shape or form. After all, why else would people be reading this forum in the first place if it were not to try to get the best deal?
  • Options
    Bennyb1

I'm great and enjoying my TL very much, thanks for asking... Personally on a side note lets get past the whole Napleton problem I had and leave it at this.

I'm sure every Internet sales manager has good days and bad, their human too. As so diligently pointed out by other readers, don't always believe what you read on the Internet, if ever in doubt it is best to find out for yourself. (Just be warned) :D

As for your deal, what color combination were you trying to purchase and did you have a trade in? How many 05’s did the dealer have on the lot? I think these are all factors that could affect a dealer’s willingness to let you walk. Also what market are you shopping in?
  • Options
    bennyb1bennyb1 Member Posts: 3
    Thx for the reply. We only discussed color a bit when I test drove...honestly, I don't know if the salesman would remember. It certainly didn't come up yesterday when I was talking to him, but I was interested in the anthracite ext and the quartz or ebony interior. Not sure how many 05's he had, but he had previously mentioned that it would be $1500 or more less. However, he didn't mention that as an option when we talked yesterday.

Yes, I had a trade-in. Which was another factor in letting me tell them no Thanks. They lowballed me on the trade-in (in my opinion). I am also in the Chicago market...Pauly is up north off of the Edens highway. I am going to take my car in to some other dealers today and see what their bottom line is.

I'm just a little shocked that this guy didn't try a little harder to even talk about the deal...he let me get right off the phone. Also, even though I did something through Edmunds to get a quote from them, I never heard from their internet guy (if they even have one).

Thanks!
  • Options
    jsa23jsa23 Member Posts: 13
    So I've been trying to find a 2005 TL in white/parchment and didn't have any luck by calling almost 15 local dealers...Called valencia acura and they said they had three on hand, 2 white/parchment and 1 white/grey...I then decide to drive 45 minutes to finally buy my TL but thought to call a second time to verify and again, we have 3 available...

As I park my car in front of their dealership, I get a phone call saying it was a mistake, how appropriate...

Walk in, sit down and talk about the situation and we're told they can still get me my TL from a local to which I had called three times to verify...

Long story short, salesman was a prick, the manager was a jackass when we asked for our time and gas money and he states he'd gives us that if we purchased a car...And at a price to which they wouldn't even budge...I got a better offer elsewhere with much nicer customer service...

The better business bureau will definitely be getting a report from me about this...
  • Options
    livingxllivingxl Member Posts: 3
    Since I used this forum to help me negotiating a price for my new TL, I will share my purchase price with everyone. $33,000.00 which includes destination, wheel lock, all season floor mat and trunk tray. There is also a cargo net in my trunk which I am not sure if that is a standard or an option.

Color: Black with Black leather.
  • Options
    podrespodres Member Posts: 58
    Is this a 2006? Does it have NAV?
  • Options
    al57al57 Member Posts: 67
    Also live in NY,NJ Market,just started looking,can you share dealer name and did you purchase or finance and if so through whom and at what rate??
  • Options
    Two dealers offered me same price for the 2006 TL with Navigation. 1. Ramsey Acura 2. Park Ave Acura.

I was going to pay cash for the car, but did a finance at 2.9% for 36 month since the finance is a promo run by Honda til 11/30/05
  • Options
    Pls read the title
  • Options
    al57al57 Member Posts: 67
    great price!! I am within miles of both of those dealers,did you prefer one from the other?? did either use any misleading tactics??How did you hear of special 36 month financing thru the dealer or a honda website??will probably buy in december with 48 month terms..Any additional info is a help about better financing
  • Options
    tlgaltlgal Member Posts: 22
    Hey California Peeps!

I'm getting ready to buy my TL this week. It's been 10 years since I purchased a car, and I can't remember how the taxes work. I live in Alameda County (Northern California), if I buy in a different county that has a lower sales tax, do I pay that amount or the sales tax from where I live? (Mine is higher do to BART, etc, etc.)
    Help please! :D
  • Options
    I just got my TL and I bought it in Acura Glendale. The sales tax that I paid was still from where I live which is Riverside County and not LA County. :)
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Yup, the general rule is that you pay the tax rate that applies where you register the vehicle, NOT where you bought the vehicle.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    localsdlocalsd Member Posts: 11
    Hi jsa23,

Where did you end up buying your TL and how much did you pay? I'm also in the market for a white/parchment combo.

thanks!
  • Options
    localsdlocalsd Member Posts: 11
    hi chejo28,

just curious how much you paid for your tl at glendale...if you don't mind sharing. also, what did the price include. i've read in earlier post that you were looking to get the sports package.

thanks!
  • Options
    hi localsd,

yeah, my husband and i got the Nighthawk Black Exterior/Ebony Interior with Navi plus A-Spec package in Acura Glendale. we got it for $42,100 out the door. however, that did not include wheel locks, trunk tray and extended warranty. the warranty it comes with is 4yrs/50,000 miles. the extended warranty we got is 8 yrs/120,000 miles for $2095 extra. the wheel locks and trunk tray were additional $200 i think. we're happy with what we got and we can't wait to pick it up because they still need to install the A-Spec kit. it is a sweet car! oh yeah, the dealership as well as all the other dealerships have a 3.99% apr to those who qualify till Nov 30. it's a good deal. hope this helps.

PS. my husband has a friend that tried to help us get a good deal with the tl because he has connections but i did my own bargaining and ended up $28 less from what my husband's friend was able to negotiate for us. :)