Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    surftamersurftamer Member Posts: 6
    Picked up 2006 TL w/Nav yesterday in Wayne, NJ.
    Price was 32,500 plus $625 destination. Had ebeen to a number of dealers - all were in the same ballpark.

Worst experience was in Denville, NJ where I waas quoted a price just to have it changed when I tried to make the deal.

At the dealer I purchased the car from in Wayne, I had gotten a price first fromm them on the internet of 32,500.

Good hunting!
  • Options
    dodgydodgy Member Posts: 3
    I just traded my 2000 RL for a 2006 TL.
    Love the black on tan. Same as the RL was.

We got a great deal, a fair trade and were treated extraordinarily well by the dealer. (not my first car purchased there)

It was $31,490 + fees + ttl.

I considered a 2005, but there was almost no incentive to buy a vehicle that while new was 13 months old to the resale market.

Dealer was Rick Case Acura in Plantation, FL.
    Kudos to the folks there for exceptional service.
  • Options
    elvis4prezelvis4prez Member Posts: 85
    flyguy70

Glad to hear you got a car you like. For what it's worth, I don't think you're a total chump for paying 33800 for 06 Nav.

I paid 34100 (including wheel lock, trunk tray, mudflaps, destination) +TTL.

Edmunds lists TMV at approx 34900 both in Chicago and Baton Rouge where I live. I think TMV is probably a month or two behind and reflects a lot of people who pay sticker or more than they maybe need to or than you did.

I also believe there is a regional difference (best deals in Chicago, NY/NJ and Calif by my readings of the posts; not so good in LA/TX). Maybe they just have higher inventories? That seems to be the case from my internet research and seeing a very limited inventory here. Supply and demand, I guess.
    My local dealer wouldn't go below 35000 even when I said I had an offer elsewhere for significantly less (and did so, in Beaumont TX). Baton Rouge had next to nothing for inventory on 06s.

Regardless, you got below TMV and probably better than average but not necessarily a great deal (atleast it was on a great car :shades: )!
  • Options
    dodgydodgy Member Posts: 3
    TMV on a 2006 base automatic is 32994 here on Edmunds. CarsDirect shows the best price as 31999.

I have found their site tends to show all available incentives and generally the best prices except in unusual circumstances like last day of the month.

I see a lot of people here saying they purchased their 2006s at invoice.

How can the dealers do that if there are no incentives on the 2006s?
  • Options
    I've seen posts CLOSE to invoice (for nav invoice=32820 with best prices of 33000 and 33100) but not actually AT invoice.

There are, of course, people who pay at or near MSRP that help pad the dealers coffers.

I have wondered for the incredibly low offers how they do it and if there are "doc fees" or other fees that are "standard" (yeah, right).
    My local dealer had no doc fees, Texas has a max-by-law doc fee of 50, and I've seen people post doc fees of up to 395 in other states that are really just padding in my opinion and should be balked at or recognized for what they are.

Also, don't forget dealer holdback (around 1000 on a TL). ;)
  • Options
    victors33victors33 Member Posts: 1
    I saw this on Ebay also, is this dealer really selling brand new 2006 TL w/o nav for $30,085 in the different colors he has in stock ? Thanks for the response.
    joe
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,351
    Small print: THERE IS ALSO A $298 PROCESSING FEE and DESTINATION $610.

So.. now you are at $31K even...

Still... a good deal.. unless there are other fees..

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    liferulesliferules Member Posts: 531
    Yeah, some people are posting what look like great price quotes but they are not truly TOTAL COST sans TT&L. They state they were given a TL w/nav for $32K but fail to mention that there were destination charges, dealership fees, etc...that make the total price $34K before even TT&L...

Flyguy70, don't feel bad about your price. Its actually very competitive for an '06.
  • Options
    starman98starman98 Member Posts: 119
    I received a quote from Goodson he mentioned the price plus fees. Does this include destination fees?

If all I have to pay is $33,000 plus TTL plus free window tinting....I am going to take this offer. I hope this includes destination charge as well because that will make all the difference.
  • Options
    rroyce10rroyce10 Member Posts: 9,332
    ..... Keep in mind ... we're not hearing how much they're getting for their trades .. so these figures could be anything .. then again, maybe nobody traded in the last 5,000 posts and they're keeping them all for planters in the spring ..l.o.l...

Terry ;)
  • Options
    You need to very specifically ask them to give you their bid in TOTAL price with all fees and destination. TT&L are predictable so that isn't too concerning, but otherwise, there can be all sorts of fees slipped in...

Its easiest to ask for the bid with all fees included so that there is no confusion or games...
  • Options
    theorphantheorphan Member Posts: 6
    2006 TL w/Navigation Automatic transmission. $34,210 with rear lip spoiler/wheel locks/trunk tray/door edge guards plus sales tax and liscensing. .That's the paid price.
  • Options
    tcw3tcw3 Member Posts: 8
    I'm guessing a lot of these super low sales prices on 06's are skewed by not so good trade-in values. I doubt many dealors will go much below $800 over invoice.
  • Options
    avatexrs1avatexrs1 Member Posts: 63
    I have a quote for a 2006 TL no navi for $31,650, including destination, wheel locks, tint, etc. Extras would be 6.25% tax plus "about $250" in other fees for title, vehicle inventory tax, etc.

Good price?
  • Options
    lilhyolilhyo Member Posts: 3
    Just bought my TL last week in VA
    Included the wheel locks and cargo nets.

Base 32,634
    Process fee 245
    Tax 5% 986.37
    Bus Tax 55.89
    License 2 yrs 59
    Title 20
    Total 34,000.26 OTD

Radley Acura on Columbia Pike
    Told the guy a month earlier that I was waiting for the prices to come down on the 2006.
    Called me a day before the end of Nov. Told him to get the paper work ready and picked it up after work.
    Feel like I got a pretty good deal. I guess the best time to buy is at the end of the month.
  • Options
    While Texas may have a max document fee of $50 (do you have a link to that?), many dealers have a $199/$299 "required" package of things like etching and other mostly worthless things that accomplish the same thing.
  • Options
    I never mentioned any trade in to the dealer. My old car is getting handed down to a family member in college she wants cheap car to bang in. So hence I don't have a trade in.
  • Options
    .... Your exactly right (not everyone obviously) ... but most Acura stores don't sell much more than 40/60 new cars a months .. how the heck could they stay in business at 40 new cars at $800 over -- not counting today ..l.o.l... lots of skewing going on these boards ...

Terry ;)
  • Options
    jinvajinva Member Posts: 41
    I had the same feeling about our deal: an 06 TL AT w/Nav for $34,500 +TTL. The price does include the back-up sensors, which is a $700+ option, depending on the dealer's installation charges.

We made our deal on Nov. 29th. We know for next time that good, no haggle, deals, like $100 over invoice, come on the last day of the month.

So, I feel a little stupid about paying too much, but we're very pleased with the car.
  • Options
    .... You don't need to feel stupid about anything .. nobody is paying $100 over invoice for a TL .... but you're right, a better time is in the last 2/3 days of the month (usually) .. that said, the very best time to purchase a vehicle is during the tumbleweed time, which runs between Thanksgiving and Christmas .. looks like you made the date ......

enjoy the vehicle ....

Terry.
  • Options
    The internet managers were replying back to me within hour but after I sent both Goodson and Vandergriff E-mail saying I wanted the total amount on the quoted price neither have responed.

So should I be careful it is a long drive there and I won't want to be hit with 5K in silly fees.

Them not responding is a sign they might be hiding something.
  • Options
    brian32brian32 Member Posts: 7
    I am in Rockland County, NY and just started looking for a black/black 06 TL w/Nav & Auto. I was given a quote of $33,475 via the internet from a local dealer. This includes the destination. No other fees- just usual ttl. Also no trade-in and a cash purchase. How much lower should I be able to get this for? Sorry if this is too similar to other posts.
  • Options
    Cool your heels, unless you are needing the car STAT. As Terry above stated, the best time to buy a car is the end of the month in December for so many reasons. I suggest you just wait and the responses will come.

When I bought my wife's TL in May, I was getting emails for weeks afterwards with internet managers who were desperate to sell to meet a quota. Had I waited a week, I could have saved $500 or more. But I guess you can't wait forever and you have to buy at some point...

Good luck...If you can't wait, call them on the phone, just talk to the internet manager, though.
  • Options
    bothflybothfly Member Posts: 10
    starman98,
    I've been playing with the local dealers in DFW for a month or so. I've actually been trying to find a clean used TL, but no luck. Now I'm starting to get prices on new 06. So far MacChirchill in Ft Worth has the best price. $300 over invoice. But I'm holding out for better. I'm also wanting to put an ASPEC ket on it.
    Let me know what quotes you get.
  • Options
    wooohaaawooohaaa Member Posts: 33
    Thank you to everyone who is paying way over invoice. Makes it easier for the few of us holding out for around invoice deals. :P Dealers have to push the cars eventually. The money they are making off of you help offset our cheapo deals!!

2006 Acura TL Auto with NAV... 33000 + Tax, Title, and License!!! NO TRADE IN!

Stick to your guns! Don't get pressured into paying what THEY want. Pay what YOU want! (Within Reason)
  • Options
    I received the following quotes on 2006 TL's with Navigation.

Mac ChurchHill- $33,743 plus TT&L
    Vandergriff-$33,500 plus TT&L
    Goodson- $33,250 plus fees
    David McDavid- Nothing avoid these clowns. Refused to give me a price quote even when I visited the dealer.

Goodson gave me the best offer but said "fees". What exactly are these fees I wonder.
  • Options
    flyguy70flyguy70 Member Posts: 4
    Nice deal. I'm sure future buyers would like to know where you got that 2006 Acura TL Auto with Nav for 33000 + TTL?
  • Options
    booyakabooyaka Member Posts: 4
    I spotted an add in my local paper today:
    Royal blue pearl with tan interior. Automatic transmission. Less than 10,000 miles, mostly highway. Navigation. Voice activated controls. Bluetooth. Purchased locally, serviced faithfully. I am the only owner. Comes with XM satellite radio with 3 year paid subscription. All season floor mats included. See Acura website for LONG list of other features/options included in TL. Priced below book, so please, serious buyers only and do not expect me to sell for less, cause I won't.

This is the exact car I want color/interior/auto etc - not thru a dealer - private sale (so no hidden fees) - should I pull the trigger - anybody think this is a bad deal? All I'm seeing is the best deal on an 06 is $33K + fees.
  • Options
    bsimmsbsimms Member Posts: 5
    To begin with state sales tax is 6%.
    I was quoted with out the door prices.
    2006 TL W/O NAV $34614.83
    2006 TL W NAV $36771.93
    Plus moter vehicles (trans tag $152 or new tag $252)
    NO TRADE IN.
    Let me know if this is good.

Thx
  • Options
    ggesqggesq Member Posts: 701
    booyaka,

Assuming the model year (2005) is correct in your title, just wanted to give you a quick heads up. Royal Blue Pearl is a NEW color for 2006. For 2005, it was called Abyss Blue Pearl which is slightly different than the Royal Blue (has a purple look at certain angles in the sunlight/moonlight). You may want to look into this....
    The fees in addition to buying the 06 are going to be there if you buy the 05 i.e. tax, tag (new or transfer) as well as title. Of course you wouldn't have to worry about destination or doc fees.
    Are the changes in the 06 model worth it to you? (TPMS, new Royal Blue color, extended warranty, depreciation in an 05 vs an 06...)
    What part of the US are you in? In Florida, some of the local internet dealers are still sending me emails from when I was in the market trying to unload their 05's for pretty good deals like a few hundred under invoice. (Of course with fees)
    Personally, I don't think it is a bad deal but I wanted you to be aware...happy motoring ;)
  • Options
    I got two DFW quotes for a TL w/o NAV -

Vandergriff - $31,650, no other fees except TTL - estimated that at about $250 for everything else except tax (6.25%)

Goodson - $31,800; when asked about other fees - meentioned $299 "dealer package", presumably plus TTL on top of that

McDavid - no response
  • Options
    Please tell me the price with tax, the out the door price you paid.Also, what was the interest rate?
    I am dealing with the same dealership.
  • Options
    flyguy70flyguy70 Member Posts: 4
    If your price is $36771.93 after 6% tax, then the pre-tax price is $34690.50 (if I'm doing my math right).

That's almost $900 higher than what I paid last week, so go ahead and pay that so I can feel like a brilliant negotiator. Others have reported paying $500+ less than what I paid, so the price you are looking at could be anywhere from $900 to $1400+ over what others have paid.

So in other words, it looks like you ought to be able to get a better deal.

You didn't mention any options, so I'm assuming that you are not getting any. If you are, then you'll have to take that into account.
  • Options
    abhonsleabhonsle Member Posts: 3
    I have a quote for a new 2005 TL (6-speed) with Navi for $32398 including destination. The dealer is also throwing in all-weather floor mats and splash guards for this price.

Good price?
  • Options
    bothflybothfly Member Posts: 10
    I agree about McDavid, at first I got no response. But then yesterday a guy called me and we spoke for a while. I didn't think he'd come up with a good number, but he beat out Mac Churchill on the ASPEC kit by almost one grand.
    I'm still gona try and hold out for a used Private Party car. I figure the later in the month I go the better deal I should be able to find with a dealer.
  • Options
    booyakabooyaka Member Posts: 4
    that seems like a good price for a new TL - where are you located if you don't mind me asking - I'm in VA.
  • Options
    abhonsleabhonsle Member Posts: 3
    I am in IL. This is the last 6-speed '05 TL on the lot so that is probably the reason for the good price. Thanks for the response.
  • Options
    What exactly is this Goodson dealer package? If it is a fee for someone to push papers then this gives Vandergriff the best price advantage.

If it includes something for the car then I might get it.

By Goodson not replying I knew they are trying to hide secret fees.
  • Options
    Faithfully serviced.... that would be one visit. :)

Consider calling the local dealer and seeing the service records. Has the car been in an accident?
  • Options
    I agree, the "fees" comment gives them room to change parameters at the last minute. Have Goodson send a full quote for bill of sale including TT&L. If their final price is too high, go with the other dealerships...
  • Options
    .... I would spend the extra $$ and get a new 05 or preferably a new 06 .... great cars with super resale, but the extra $3,000ish is worth the money .... now, if the difference was $6,0/$7,0ish then I would go pre-owned ...

Terry.
  • Options
    wooohaaawooohaaa Member Posts: 33
    Lindsay Acura in Columbus, OH. Was an end of the month deal.
  • Options
    michael4435michael4435 Member Posts: 13
    Just got an offer from the Internet manager for a 2006 TL automatic with navigation of $33,140 plus tax and license, no other fees. Is this a good deal? Thanks!!
  • Options
    brian32brian32 Member Posts: 7
    Where do you live? This is about $300 than my first quote from an Internet Manager.
  • Options
    Thank you the info. The salesman that I had originally test drove the '06 TL w/NAV has kept on calling me, but this time the internet manager called me and asked when I was buying, I said depends on the price.
    With the great help with this board knowing the TRUE cost,I was able to get the following:
    Either '06 TL W/NAV $33,500 or W/O NAV $31,500 includes dealer fees.
    Plus 6% TAX and $152 transfer tag or $252 new tag
    I asked about floor mats and wheel locks and they are all included. The car needs to be in stock.
    The kicker is "FREE TIRES FOR LIFE OF THE CAR" as long as you own it and the car is serviced there.
    Let me know what your think, I am buying Sunday.
  • Options
    San Francisco, CA -- but it seems the entire Bay Area is competitive at these prices!
  • Options
    That's a great price...better than a lot of people bought their '05 TL w/nav's near the end of their cycle. Buy it!
  • Options
    I don't have a link to Texas max $50 doc fee.

From my purchase order:
    "A documentary fee is not an official fee. A documentary fee is not required by law, but may be charged to buyers for handling documents and performing services relating to the closing of a sale. A documentary fee may not exceed $50. This notice is required by law."

Also of interest (for Texas, ??other states):
    "The Dealer's Inventory Tax charge is intended to reimburse the dealer for ad valorem taxes on its motor vehicle inventory. The charge, which is paid by the dealer to the county tax assessor-collector, is not a tx imposed on a concumer by the government, and is not required to be charged by the dealer to the consumer."

When I got my car, I was reviewing all the "fees" and balked at the Dealer Inventory Tax as I didn't feel it was right and should not apply as I was from out of state. The dealer removed the approx $83 charge. They didn't seem very willing to budge on the doc fee and I didn't fuss too much since my salesman did mention the $50 fee in advance.
  • Options
    achenatorachenator Member Posts: 128
    Thanks, elvis4prez. Gettin ready to leave for Beaumont now. Gonna try to see if I can dodge the $83 as well. :D
  • Options
    actually just got an even better offer in my email from a competing dealer who justs want the business! $33K plus tax and license... I'm locking it in and buying it on Saturday!