Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Super duty - Continued III

Comments

• BrutusBrutus Member Posts: 1,113
    Disclaimer: I'm not an attorney, so this is just my opinion.

Choosing not to have recall work done should not impact your warranty unless not having the work done resulted in the damage. As an example, let's say there was a recall for brake pads because the pads could damage the rotors. If you choose not to have the recall work done, Ford won't replace your rotors when you fail. However, if you had problems with your engine or tranny, Ford would still fix those under warranty because the brake pads had nothing to do with the problem.....unless the brake pads chewed the rotors up and sent pieces flying into your engine or tranny, but I digress......
  • connonconnon Member Posts: 52
    My Lariat is deep wedgewood blue and yes , in certain light you could almost mistake it for dark purple. of course in other light it's a beautiful metallic blue or in less light ,it's just about black.still, it is striking. gotta keep it clean, most of all or it just looks drab.
  • whamm1069whamm1069 Member Posts: 8
    gthilton-Thanks for the Info. I will try what you said.good luck to you and your order
  • jraskejraske Member Posts: 131
    Brutus is right, but remember if you do (Heaven Forbid!!) get in a accident that results in a fire becauase the defective part you didnt have replaced will mean Ford wont be responsible, and maybe even your insurance company refusing to cover it because you were negligent.
    High price to pay for not taking a couple of hours of your time to have it fixed.

John
  • rflintrflint Member Posts: 34
    My build date has also been pushed up a week to Nov 1, w/delivery week of nov 15,It's getting better all the time x-mas in november,I hope!!250s/d lariet 5.4...Ordered sept6 with 8-13 week delivery time..
  • sellmeatrucksellmeatruck Member Posts: 20
    Has anyone had their 2000 Super Duty delivered before August 5th? That's when mine came in, and I was just wondering.... Thanx
  • porkyporky Member Posts: 83
    Wow--after 12 long weeks of waiting my VOPC message has changed to a build date (week of 11-8) and arrival date (week of 11-29)!!!! Great news!

To all concerned, thanks for the help in obtaining information!!!

Looking forward to posting MY likes/dis-likes and mileage.
  • gossamargossamar Member Posts: 106
    Going on 3-days now with the truck and still can't get the smile off my face. I actually had some guy turn to his wife and point at my truck and start to laugh as I sat beside him. I think it had something to do with the fact my bumper was eye level with him!! He did give me a "thumbs-up" though. Have now got 150-miles on it, and gone through 1/2 tank of gas. At this rate, mileage will be about 10-per gallon. Hopefully mileage will improve just a bit when things get more broke in.
    For those of you with DIESELS, you CAN install a remote starter on those. When I was at ZIEBART this a.m. getting undercoating, they were installing a remote start on his F250sd. Technician stated that they just hook the relay up to the "Wait" light on the dash. When the "wait" light goes out, signal goes to starter. Makes sense to me, then again I'm no Tim Taylor!!
    ....check with you dudes later......
    You never did say if you slept with your wife or Big Blue the first night you brought it home.
    John
    ...well, I "stayed-with" big-blue till about 10:30, then came inside to the wife. That is one good thing about a heated garage, if you are ever in the ****house, your garage will always be there for you. Garages also are "happy" to see you bring home a new vehicle, tool chest, power-saw or twelve pack.
    The truck is "REALLY" starting to grow on the wife. She enjoys the ability to see over everything except 4-story buildings, MACK Trucks or another F250SD 4x4!! She even said the truck rides better than her 98 grand am gt.
    Has anyone out there purchased a front end bra or bug-screen for the front part of the grill? Granted, we got a good freeze the other night, so most of our insects are gone, but there are still a few left to smear up the front end...and IT IS ALOT of front end to CLEAN!! Any information would be welcome....
  • mikef150mikef150 Member Posts: 35
    dave84: checked the red door lights on my 99 regular cab xlt built 6/98, no bulbs & no sockets...just an empty hole...i wonder if i could rig something up by pulling the door panel off and picking up a replacement socket from the parts store...hmmm.

For those of you ordering wedgewood blue, awesome color....friend has dually CC wedgewood blue over silver and looks really sleek.
  • shotgun1shotgun1 Member Posts: 57
    VOPC changed once again today. Seems like alot of us with build date are getting bumped up. Way to go! However todays message on 10/23 said exactly this; "As of Nov. 4th your vehicle is locked for build week of Nov. 1st with an ETA to your dealership of Nov. 22nd." Who can tell me that those dates make sense. Something appears to be wrong.
  • lewaclewac Member Posts: 151
    your vehicle is "locked" as of 11/4. this means you cannot change the order as of that date (which would certainly make sense as the truck is about to be born). most vehicle status's go to "locked" a week to 10 days b4 build date... so this seems to be like you stated; a rather odd message.
    VERY IMPORTANT for ALL of us checking the VOPC. was just over at ford-diesel.com reading the faq's.

seems the VOPC is "PRIVATE"! DEALER USE ONLY! so if we all call every day there's not really a problem there. the problem occur's when you attempt to speak to an actual HUMAN! There's a big warning in the faq message to NOT do this! if you must speak to someone, please go to your dealer for whatever assistance you may require and NOT THE VOPC. why? it may possibly screw the thing up for the next "generation". Ford may simply change their procedures or the phone # (or both) if they get "wind" of too many non-dealers using something that is supposed to only be in the dealer domain... which then puts the next gen sol. remember that the vast majority of dealers are on YOUR side. they want to make you a happy customer so you will come back to them for your next vehicle (and if you're happy with your current deal you may just do that). so ONLY obtain info via your touch-tone phone. NO VOICE... so that way they'll never know that we all are pulling a "sneaky".
    well, a while back I posted a note regarding schematics (wiring diagrams). didn't think they we're available but didn't actually check with "Helms". jumped the gun there a little because it seems as though they are actually available to the public for $75. note that I've run across this with other vehicles & what they do for john Q. is not good: they quote a price of $0 along with a note saying "Dealer Only Availability". the note I actually received was "Not currently in inventory. Please check back later."
    There is one easy way to correct your mirror problem. Go to any glass shop that does windows and mirrors for residences and such and they will be able to easliy replace the mirror with one that does not reduce the size of the reflection for about $25.00
  • laura31laura31 Member Posts: 9
    Can someone help me with a decision regarding the " Roof Clearance Lights" option? I have ordered a 250 Lariat, CC, 4x4 HD susp, shortbox -- I need to decide whether to add the roof clearance lights.

Are the lights functional or for aesthetics? Will the lights help/hurt resale or trade-in value? For those of you with lights, what made you decide to add them? For those of you without, why not?

donlynch and brutus: Thanks again for setting me straight on the axle ratio issue. My dealer conceded that he made a mistake and has corrected my order.
  • hmarkgrafhmarkgraf Member Posts: 5
    VOPC - I think Ford may have already gotten wise to us phoning for info? I have tried to call the VOPC number listed here in a prior post, and have not had any success. Either get a recording saying when the hours of operation are, or get a live person, no computer. Is there perhaps another number that you get the computer with, or has Ford indeed gotten wise to us phoning in?

laura31 - I did not get the clearance lights. I don't think it makes that much difference on trade in. There is always someone out there who likes clearance lights, and like me those who don't .
    Depending on where you live and if the vehicle you ordered will fit in your garage or under cover.

Roof clearance lights look nice and are functional. But you have to drill a hole through the roof to wire and install the option.

New- the water tight seal should do OK but if you can't park your rig inside there might be a problem at a latter date with cracked or dried out bases and seals. An invitation for a water leak and damage. I don't know of any one with a personal vehicle having this problem but I drive Truck for a living and it seams that any time there's a water leak, roof clearance lights are the first thing maintenance checks.

That is why I opt'ed NOT to go with them. Hope this helps.
  • chrispalchrispal Member Posts: 35
    I ordered with the lights just because I like the way they look. Fortunately, I will be able to fit the truck in my garage.
  • markbuckmarkbuck Member Posts: 1,021
    Had em on the '89. No problems, except waxing and when I carried canoes and kayaks (spelling?) on the roof. Wished I didn't have them then.

After 8 years and 130,000 miles, started getting leaks.

Would not get them again.
    Yep-- I think your right. VOPC could not give me any information via computer and said to hold for a "VOPC analyst". Double darn!!!!

I'm sure someone out there will figure a way to get around the system and re-educate us.

Until then, I guess we just wait patiently.
    I just checked the vopc, the first time i tried I
    got a message the you need prior approvel for access and to hold for vopc analyst, I tried a secound time and got the computer which gave the
    information on my truck, looks like it still works sometimes
    John
    I just checked the vopc one more time out of curiosity it worked fine. Only bad thing I found out my truck is now going to be built one week later then before. DARN DARN DARN !!!
    John
    Just called again and went through fine.

Makes you wonder if someone from Ford is monitoring our conversations.

If so, thanks for opening up our information access.
    personally I don't see why Ford ought to object to us doing our own "checking" as it relieves the dealers from doing so. perhaps Ford is aware that customers are checking status out here & really don't object (possibly for that reason). however; we ought to stand by the ford-diesel posts warning to not attempt to speak to a human. for one, this gets expensive for Ford (as a human & not a "machine" gets involved) & then they really will put the "clamps" on.
    does anyone know if the VOPC is a 24/7 deal? it's possible that the VOPC computer may not be "up" all the time & if this is so you'd probably get directed elsewhere. I'd hang up & try again at another time. remember that a day or so isn't really going to make much difference (unless you expect your truck tomorrow!).
    I got the clearance lights, but it was not an option not to get them with the duallys. From what I understand, the clearance lights are a DOT requirement for all vehicles over a certain width. The duallys fall within that width requirement. I, kind of, like them. When I've got my slide-in camper on, I'm lit up like a Christmas tree at night.

I replaced the glass in my TT mirror at a local glass shop. They had to order the mirror, but the total cost was only $20. They gave me a temporary mirror why I waited for the replacement to come. I didn't have any damage to the plastic structure, so I can't give you and fix ideas if that was damaged. Trying to pop the mirror back in is a pain. It requires very small hands with very small tools. My mirror broke because someone dropped it trying to pop it back in.

I can tell you how much it costs to replace a dually fender, but that's another airhead story (from last winter) for another day.......
  • crazyelviscrazyelvis Member Posts: 216
    Thanks for the info on the mirror issue. I will give it a try.
    The truck now has about 900 miles on it and still running GREAT. Detail guy is coming tomorrow morning to put paint sealant on and treat the leather seats.
    I hope the VOPC is not changing. It was nice to follow progress on the truck during the wait.
    See ya all later!!!
    Concidering I am getting the F350 Dually you got my curiosity up about the fender I would like to hear what happenned and what it cost to replace.
    Maybe it will help me avoid doing the same thing.
    John
    Excuse my ignorance, but what kind of treatment do they put on leather? I thought "Scotchguard" was used, but only on fabric seats. I have two small boys and would be interested in anything that will give the leather seats a little added protection.
    Has anybody heard of a power chip that can be installed on the super dutys with the power stroke diesel? does it help performance much?
    Also has anybody heard of changing the waste gate to boost power? Will these affect the warranty?
    John
  • jepsonfamjepsonfam Member Posts: 45
    Great info in here. I've enjoyed the exchange and am getting ready to order one but have a few last minute decisions and questions. Looking at F350, XLT or Lariat, V10, SRW, auto, 4x4, 3.73LS, all ABS, trailer tow and a few others.

First - what is "second generation airbags" (pros/cons and improvements over first gen airbags)? Where can I find more info on them? Second - Short or long bed? Does the short bed eliminate 5th wheelers? Don't do it now but probably will in the future. Third - From my calculations it appears that jumping up to the Lariat from the XLT with the options we want it will only cost about $510 on invoice price. Seems stupid to stay with the XLT. Wasn't thinking about the leather seats and wondering how they hold up. Have two small kids (5 and 8) to haul around. Leather is probably better than cloth. Ditto on question from Porky in #185. And last, test drove a 99 with conversion package. It had running boards along the bed. My wife liked them (I didn't) and since she is short she would like to have some help so she can reach into the bed. Any good sources or leads? The Ford cab steps (option 18L on XLT or standard on Lariat) won't extend to the rear wheels will they?

I need to settle on the configuration and then shop around for the best price and delivery estimate. Looking forward to placing the order and joining the ranks of them that are waiting and them that has (the sooner the better). Thanks in advance...
    The "second-generation" airbags are less "explosive" the ones installed in vehicles a few years ago. The reason for the lesser degree of force was that for the more petite people in our society, it was in some cases doing more harm than good. I have heard stories of people getting fingers & noses broke from the force of the bag opening. Airbags in general I think, have almost become standard equipment in most vehicles. In fact, some autos now have "side-impact" bags available for added safety. As far as finding information, maybe just do a global search and see what you come up with.
    The decision between the XLT and LARIAT is purley(?) up to the person ordering. I prefer cloth over leather and don't really care for the wood accents inside. However, I did like the trip/mileage counter in the overhead console.
    I have the cab steps on my F250 XLT V-10 SC 4x4 and love them. Makes it easier for my haul my 5'7" butt inside. No, they do not go back to the rear wheels, they stop at the back of the cab.
    If you have been doing your reading, I think that most of us have purchased our trucks for somewhere in the $500.00 over invoice price range. Of course some have done better, others worse.
    ...hope that helps....
    Brutus, please do tell us the story of how one puts air in thy head......
    Crazyelvis, please refresh my memory on the mileage you are getting....right now I am about at 10,f irst tank, mostly in-town, kind of HEAVY foot....
  • bessbess Member Posts: 972
    Shotgun,
    My VOPC message is also weird. I called on 10/21, the VOPC Says
    'As of 10/28, .. the truck is locked in to be build week of 10/25, with delivery on 11/8.'

The first date it gives (10/28) makes no sense.. On previous calls, this date was the date that the VOPC status was changed to 'scheduled for build'..

I thought this was just a fluke where someone finger checked the current day/time. I'm not too worried as the main date (deliver of 11/8) has been steady..
    I assume this is the day that the truck leaves the factory, but am not sure..
  • bessbess Member Posts: 972
    I like most of the options on the Lariat except for the leather seats which are mandatory with that package.. So I went with the XLT.
    However, I do like the overhead console/trip computer that comes with the Lariat. Any ideas of how to get one on an XLT?
    I'll live without one, but if someone here had a slick idea that would be cool too.

btw: On the 2000 F150 XLT and Lariat package, there's including the overhead console that has the clock/compass. (I'm not sure if this is also a trip computer etc like the f250 lariat).
  • bpetbpet Member Posts: 16
    I have been driving my 1979 f-250 since I bought it new in that year. Don't know if I've just been lucky but, I have never had any leaks or problems with the roof lights. My new f-250 SD 4x4 will also have them. I ordered my truck on 10-6 and the vopc is clean and unscheduled--hope that changes soon. My 79 is still running good but, needs some work that I don't feel is worth putting into a 20 year old truck. If the new one holds up as good as my old one did I'll be a very happy camper.
    Leather seats hold up much better than cloth. In my home I have high quality leather furniture. VERY durable. I have 2 great dane dogs. One is a three yr. old 110 pound female and the other is an 11 month old 160 pound "puppy" which he will gain probably another 30+ pounds. With these dogs in the past we have gone through cloth couches REALLY fast!!!! On advice from other large breed owners/breeders/show people.....we bought durable high quality leather.....I had a very hard time spending $5000 on two full size couches and a big chair.....not so much the dollar figure as it was the question of "is this really going to be durable?"......let me tell you.....have had these couches 2 1/2 yrs. and they look the same as when they came in the door. And Moose...our puppy....jumps on them...sleeps on them....and they have no wear and tear at all.....I will never have cloth again....car or home!!! Now there are soft leathers out there that would not survive....but as for the leather in the Lariat package....It is a high quality durable leather....now if you did not know....the back seats are not leather....Crew Cab or Super Cab...They are a very high grade vinyl....I hate to even say vinyl...because they are better than that....maybe more like "rich corinthian leather" ala Ricardo Montiblan (sp??)....The detail guy is going to clean them and put leather conditioner on them....I could do it myself....I do it to the furniture about every six months....but he is only charging me $10....so he can do it if you know what I mean.......Hope this is informative to someone out there.......
    As for milage.....about 12.5 city driving.....and only done strictly highway driving on one tank....and got 16.5 on that tank......Again...I have the roll top bed cover....and that is supposed to increase MPG.....a little at least....And the engine is a 2000 V10.....and the trip computer VS manual calculation has been pretty much even....off maybe .2-.3 MPG....not real significant.......
    And the cab steps on a Crew Cabe only go from behind the fron wheels...to the back of the rear door.....not to the rear wheels......
  • viperleviperle Member Posts: 31
    Just purchased a Ford SD Crew Cab 2WD 3.73

VIN: 1FTNW20S9YEA43123
    DATE: AUGUST 1999

Can someone decipher the vin,please. Thanks.

IS this a 99 or 2000 model?
  • time4familytime4family Member Posts: 24
    I have an aerostar with badly stained "cloth" interior. My 2000 sd Lariat seats clean up much easier, and they aren't near as thirsty. I can actually get to the spill before it soaks in. I know I could tell the kids no food until we stop. But I bought this truck so we could travel and once I get started I don't like to stop.

I have the cab lights and the cab steps I love them both.

I did find out if you give a psd too much throttle on wet pavement it will change its direction of travel. And thats a handfull.

I have been reading about the mud flaps that blend into the steps. Can I get these at my local ford dealer or was I supposed to order them with the truck?
  • dave86dave86 Member Posts: 13
    viperle: If the build date of your truck is August 1999, then you have a y2k model. Question: How can you not know what the model year is of a new truck you just bought? That information is on the window sticker (new or used), the title/certificate of origin, registration, and whoever sold it to you certainly should have known.

time4family: The molded Ford splash guards that match the color of the cab steps are available as an accessory item through the parts department at your dealer; cost is usually around $25/pair.

Dave
    No one will put regular mirrored glass to replace the passenger mirror. The site DOT regulations about liability for businesses that do replace the glass. So......I have to order the tow mirrors...non telescopic.....for the truck. A $50 option when you are ordering...but $158 a mirror when purchasing from the parts dept. Kinda sucks if you ask me.....even the parts guy said that the stock mirrors on the 250-350's are not adequate...especially the pass. mirror.....
    Now I don't need the mirrors for towing or anything.....are the non telescoping mirrors OK??? I do not park it in the garage anyway....garage too small....so I don't have to worry about damage that way....I'm just a little angry at myself for not thinking about the mirror issue when ordering....but I guess I expect the stock mirrors to be able to handle the job....but they are just too small.....and that pass. mirror is horrible!!!
    I don't know if I should call someone at the dealership and complain or what....I'm sure that it will fall on deaf ears....buyer beware and all.....I just hate spending $320 on a $50 option.......
    we received our VIN from the dealer today. this has 2 advantages. 1) it's a little quicker & easier to check with the VOPC 2) the VIN can be checked with the truck once it arrives (& b4 you take possession) to verify that the truck you ordered is the same as the one that was delivered.

Jraske... there is a power chip available for the psd but don't have the exact link. check ford-diesel.com (may be available from Rowell's but if you can't find it just post back & will look it up for you).

Jepsonfam... other posts covered most of your issues except 5th wheels. note that I've made several past posts related to the issue so it'd probably be helpful... the posts begin around #700 in the ford SD Cont'd forum). in answer to your question it really is a matter of preference but didn't notice the CC (crew cab) listing in your configuration list. if you're not going with the CC (& you may want to reconsider if not) then you definitely need the long bed as stability becomes an issue with a really short truck pulling a relatively long coach. however; if you are going with the CC you may want to consider the SB for one main reason: it shortens your turning radius by a significant 5 feet (over the CC, LB counterpart). the downside, (in addition to less bed usage room) is that you only get a 29 gal fuel tank (instead of the LB's 38 gal one). we're going to install a 98 gal "in-bed" fuel tank (the truck is going to be used for any other purpose so we also ordered the psd (which carries a hotter, but less volatile fuel)) to alleviate the possible fuel shortage prob. finally; if you decide on the SB the fiver king pin box needs to be the "extended" type. if not the coach may contact the cab on tight turns. you also need to be certain that the rail height has at least 5" of clearance (once again, I've made past posts in regard to this). hope this info helps.

Bess... you're "locked in". this simply means that no further changes can be made to your configuration as your truck's "parts" are about to go on the assembly line (just prior to build). up until "lock-in" you can still change your option list (v10 to psd for example... you probably can't change anything related to the body style though (SRW to DRW, for example) once you been "scheduled" (as this would change the body which would then change the VIN).
  • tracyotracyo Member Posts: 72
    Crazyelvis,
    I have the optional tt mirrors but they do not telescope and I have been thinking of ordering the telescoping ones, as I do keep my truck in the garage and it is close as I told about in an earlier post. If I do get the new mirrors would you be interested in buying my old ones at a reduced price? My truck is a y2k model but Ford used up the old mirrors on the early y2k trucks.Let me know and we can dicuss further.
  • jepsonfamjepsonfam Member Posts: 45
    Lewac - I realized after I sent that I dropped the CC bit of info, but yes, definitely going CC. I spoke with an RV dealer earlier this AM and he said SB is OK as long as one uses a "slider" hitch. Sounds like the "extended" hitch you refer to. Sounds like I'd have to get out and disengage it before maneuvering (kind of like locking in the hubs). Is that the case? Don't tow 5th wheel now, but may do so in the future so I want to be ready for that possibility. I like the smaller turn radius but don't like the smaller fuel tank.

Gossamar - thanks for the info on the whole enchilada. My wife is petite so she has the big concern and we'll do the on/off switch installation. Mother in law had it done on her auto so we were aware of the procedure as noted in previous postings.

Crazyelvis and T4F - thanks for the leather info.

Leaning toward SB and Lariat. Hey, it's only money.
    Crazyelvis, if all you damaged was the mirror glass itself, that can be ordered. It's definitely not a regular mirror like you would use for your house. However, any auto glass place should be able to order the mirror for you. The temporary one they gave me was a standard home mirror, but that was only to tide me over until the auto glass arrived. The new mirror glass looks identical to the stock mirror glass. For all I know, they ordered it from Ford. I'm guessing that your order problem is because you damaged more than just the mirror glass itself, so none of this applies.

I have the leather interior and wouldn't trade it. One of the reasons I bought it is because I do alot of fishing and camping in the summer and figured it would be easier to keep clean. So far, that has been the case. Living in cold climate is no problem with the leather. It warms up as fast as cloth in my opinion.

gossamar, the key to putting air in one's head is to first flush out all common sense.

jraske, my dually incident can be summed up in three words, "lack of patience". I was visiting a friend who had a cabin on a lake. It was February in Alaska. To get to his cabin, I had to go on a small side road that rarely gets plowed throughout the winter, and doesn't have very much vehicle traffic. The only plowing is done by the locals, so it's not usually a thorough plow job. As the season progress, there is a lot of really soft snow, even in the stuff that appears packed under the fresh snow.

When I was leaving the cabin, I encountered a small hill. My truck did not make it up the hill (I was in 4wd), so I had to back down and try again. I did this several times, and kept climbing a little higher each time. By now, I'm a tad frustrated, because the hill was not huge. Finally, I almost made it to the top, so I only had to back up a tad farther down the trail the next time, and I was over the hill.

In my haste to back up since I had done it several times already, the back end slipped off the right side of the road a little. It was a narrow road. So, I tried to pull forward, but couldn't get any traction since I was still on the hill. I looked in the passenger side rearview mirror and all I could see was what appeared to be a few small bushes behind me. That was my first mistake. You always get out of the truck and walk around behind to take a thorough look at what you will be backing over. Instead, I gunned the engine, and sure enough, I powered through and got back on the road. Then I jettisoned up and over the hill as planned.

Unfortunately, what I hadn't seen was that my dually fender was resting right on a small tree (an alder I believe) that was about 3-4 inches in diameter. When I gunned it, the dually shattered. There was absolutely no damage to the truck, but the dually was totalled. I knew better than to take it to Ford since I knew they would want some outrageous amount, so I went to a local body shop.

Total cost installed was just under $700. That included the lights that mount in the dually fender. If I would have got out of the truck, all would have been fine. With 4wd in snow, I do great with the duallys on normal roads, even if we have a foot of fresh snow. Remote roads in the winter are a different story.
    Sure I would be interested.......I did have the guy order them at the dealer today...but made no deposit and they do carry them all the time...so I am sure I could stop the order. The said they were easy to install so I was going to do it myself anyway. Just email me.... whatever@gte.net
    and we can work from there. Thanks for the offer!!
    See....there can be peace and harmony in the world....or at least between Super Duty owners...ha ha!!!
  • bobh12bobh12 Member Posts: 140
    The y2k F-150 XLT and Lariat does NOT have the gas mileage trip computer,does have Outside Temp and compass. No help there!!
    No damage to my mirror....I just can't see anything from the pass. side mirror. It is too small and the "everything is smaller" feature in this mirror is the worst I have encountered. The drivers mirror is fine to see out of.....so I figured I would get the tow mirrors....hopefully tracyo and I can work something out!!!
  • jimvetajimveta Member Posts: 96
    dunno if this'll change your mind again about
    choosing gear ratios.. but, if you plan to use
    larger tires (stock is 31" diameter) later on,
    it may be better to opt for the 4.3 axle ratio,
    as long as the tire is no taller than 35".
    since with 35" tires, it would be equavalent to
    getting an axle ratio of 3.81 with stock tires.
This discussion has been closed.