Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Jeep Wrangler Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kgabehurtkgabehurt Member Posts: 84
    NO WAY. $2400? You already have a LIFETIME drive train warranty. WHY blow $2400 on some bumper-to-bumper BS? Save your money sir. And DON'T bite on some sales person's tactics.
  • kgabehurtkgabehurt Member Posts: 84
    I don't work for this outfit but I see CarMax's LA office is advertising a new 08' Rubicon Unlimited for UNDER invoice. Sticker $34,980. Invoice, $31,812. Price, $31,459. It's a loaded unit but it's nice to see an under invoice price
  • waterdrwaterdr Member Posts: 307
    $2400 is a complete steal on a lifetime bumper to bumper. If you keep your cars, get it. It's all about how long you want to hold on to them. Warranties are not for everyone, but they are a nice fit for some.

I just bought a 2007 Pacifica and went with an extended Warranty. They also will pay for all my oil changes for 7 years and 100k miles. I hope to have my daughters take this through HS and College and there is more to do wrong on my Pac then on your Wrangler. I did not get a lifetime, though, as they wanted too much.

Watch the deductable price. Mine is $100 per visit after the warranty is up.

I just got rid of my 2002 Suburban with 100k on it.....if it had a lifetime, I would keep it for another 100k.
  • One thing to remember is a Wrangler is highly prized for its modification allowing for each owner to instill their own sense of individualism on them. In other words, you may find yourself voiding any warranty when you start adding modifications like lifts or other drivetrain upgrades down the road. I'm actually approaching the end of my 2005's factory warranty expiration and strangly, looking forward to its end so I can begin my modifications that would have voided the original warranty. Extended warranty likely makes sense on other vehicles but Wranglers exist to be modified so you might want to reconsider...though, seeing your post was in Nov. it may be too late..in which case, you might want to have modifications done using Mopar parts put on by the dealer to ensure it doesn't risk voiding your lifetime warranty. Good luck and let us know how you like your new Wrangler when you get it!
  • waterdrwaterdr Member Posts: 307
    I really could not agree with you more! As a present Mustang owner (highly modified one too) and a past Wrangler owner, I can relate.

What always strikes me as funny though are the people that lease these things and then want to modify them.
  • jgtjeepjgtjeep Member Posts: 2
    Just got it yesterday in Metairie, La.
    Sticker was $30,170,
    Pd $28,700 plus TTL.
    Jeep Green, Hard Top, 6CD, Auto.

Having a ball so far!
  • giantsin06giantsin06 Member Posts: 63
    AUTO ? Puhleeeeeze ! What a waste of money . :(
  • jgtjeepjgtjeep Member Posts: 2
    Not even a hint of a waste of money in my case.

If it is for you fine, whats that got to do with what these things cost?
  • david34david34 Member Posts: 8
    Auto makes sense for both off-roading and commuting. Stalling on a 30% icy slope can really ruin your day.
  • giantsin06giantsin06 Member Posts: 63
    How about $825 (plus tax) ???? Auto eats more gas AND once you learn to drive stick it BECOMES AUTOMATIC. DUH ! Not to mention it's 400% more fun to drive stick. :surprise:
  • tedebeartedebear Member Posts: 832
    Auto eats more gas

Oh, I don't know about that. The 2008 Wrangler 3.8L EPA on the window sticker lists 15 mpg city and 19 mpg highway for both the 6-speed manual and the 4-speed auto. I remember my previous vehicle was actually rated 2 mpg higher with the auto than the 5-speed I owned.

I will say that on certain vehicles a manual is more fun to drive than an auto. I don't think it would be very practical on something like a 300C.
  • slewis01slewis01 Member Posts: 2
    I'm interested in leasing an 08 Unlimited Sahara MSRP is $31,010 Sale price is $29,361. 36 month lease 12K miles. Would anybody have any idea what the going MF and Residual is, I've gotten conflicting stories. I'm in the NO. VA area.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    The relative merits of auto vs. manual can be discussed elsewhere...

Thanks,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• sabiensabien Member Posts: 1
    Think I got a pretty good deal. 2008 Wrangler 4WD 4DR auto, detonator yellow, 24S package, hardtop, infinity speaker/CD - $ 25,784 + TT, 560 below invoice per edmunds.
  • jeffcarsjeffcars Member Posts: 11
    Seems like a long void, is no one buying Wranglers? Looking at a Wrangler Unlimited X and have preferred supplier price. Just wanted to see if anyone is getting better than this. Connecticut here.
  • capskid8capskid8 Member Posts: 2
    Currently working on a final deal to get the best price available. So far I'm down to two options:
    08 Black Sahara Dual Top w/MyGig
    Listed: 32,025
    Quoted: 28,223

08 Black Sahara Dual Top w/out MyGig or tow package
    Listed: 29,967
    Quoted: 25,656

I'm trying to determine whats worth giving up or paying less for. I still have not accepted either price and currently still in negotiations. I'll update with a final price.

These High gas prices and 40% sales drops have really helped me haggle with the salesmen. :shades:
  • sunmailsunmail Member Posts: 5
    At the start of this month, had one dealer in the Tampa area quoting a $26.5K '08 Sahara OTD for approx.$25K. However, besides coming down about $1,700 off sticker, it was based on $2K lease incentive with balloon payment you could buy out in 90 days and paying about $300 in interest. Seems that offer was gone after the holiday w/e. Considered base model 24B w/air & auto, best quotes were $800-1,000 off sticker - approx. $22,500 OTD, mid range 24S packages up to $1,500 off - $24,500 OTD. Those prices included a new plate - about $150 here in FL. Said '08 earlier because there's still some new '07 2 drs out there avail in adddition to UL's. Had new '07's Sahara's quoted between $21 and $23, have to watch option content because some '07options (Sunrider top, Sirius radio) are std for '08.

After pricing new '08's, was seriously checking new '07's. Then found a nice used '08 2 dr Sahara Red Rock this w/e with 1,300 miles for $23.1K OTD, about $600 more than new '08 base deal above. Gave up the Lifetime PT warr but for $5K off sticker, went most Jeep for least money and this Sahara was it. Was personal vehicle w/clean history - guess Jeep's aren't for everyone. Had Sunrider back, windows off , dogs in back, and radio cranking Sun morn driving alongside the gulf - we love it! Kudos to the dealer who shot straight with solid price upfront that we still worked a little. First contact to 90 mile drive and deal was about 4 hrs. Someday the others will figure it out.

The Jeep market is different like the vehicle itself. They are selling but you still have some leverage. Don't think there's big incentives on the horizon either. If you're close to $4K off now - not bad but keep pressing and play month end.

This thread's been dead so thought the action was elsewhere but Google turned up nothing similar.

Good Luck and don't forget to wave!
  • thecrazy8sthecrazy8s Member Posts: 8
    I just bought an 08 Rubicon Wrangler Unlimited Sunday evening. Paid $4178 under MSRP of $33175 ($28997). Had to drive 100 miles to get a better deal but well worth the drive.

Magnussen Jeep in Auburn CA gave us a great price, and had a driver follow us back to Reno, NV for delivery so we didn't have to pay CA taxes.

Larry Bosworth made the deal with my husband over the phone and we drove over and they had everything waiting for us.

This is the 2nd vehicle we've bought from Magnussen and they always give us a geat deal.
  • cjsotcjsot Member Posts: 8
    Just got transferred to China and have 4 month old Jeep any tips on storing or moving it fast??????
  • capskid8capskid8 Member Posts: 2
    Finished my deal. Picking up my new Wrangler Unlimited Sahara tomorrow.
    w/MyGIG Dual Tops and some minor features (axel, anti slip)

MSRP: $32,025
    Final Price: $27,500 (+tax/tags)

Took a lot of trips and a lot of dealerships but after two weeks, no one is capable of beating the deal or going any lower. Month end and gas worked in my favor. Hope everyone is having a good bargain as well. Can't wait to see my jeep tomorrow!!!
    :shades:
  • sunmailsunmail Member Posts: 5
    Congrats on working a good deal. The hard part is over, time to enjoy and accessorize!

Going inland FL in a few weeks, hope to get off road - can't wait..
  • skmcvayskmcvay Member Posts: 1
    hey
    I am looking to buy a Wrangler, and have been going back and forth, new or used, etc

i have seen 3 new 2007 on differnet lots, 2 are 2 door saharas, one is a base 4 door? :surprise:

my question is with the 09's coming out how much of a deal should I expect if I pursued a '07

thanks for your help and opinions
    steve
  • isellitisellit Member Posts: 15
    I have a discount coupon for the purchase of any new 2008-2009 Jeep product. I am not in the market for one now. If anyone wants it email me at y2kcorvettes@aol.com
  • isellitisellit Member Posts: 15
    I just got an incentive from Chrysler good for 1% below factory invoice on most any new 2008-2009 Dodge Jeep or Chrysler. It says all other incentives and rebates apply.
    Has anyone else got this ? Does anyone else have a need for mine as I do not plan to use it.
    Info on the coupon is at www.chrysleraffiliates.com. I have the codes and it says it can be transferred to friens or family.
  • shaker58shaker58 Member Posts: 130
    hey iselit, I can used code and any coupons you have in the market for a wrangler.
  • wranglerx07wranglerx07 Member Posts: 2
    Looking at an 07 Wrangler x. It has 13k miles, and can pick up for 16,000. Auto, hard top, very clean. Worth it?
  • risa3risa3 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know the current jeep holdback amount and manufacturer to dealer incentive on a 2008 Jeep Wrangler?
  • bperunbperun Member Posts: 4
    Trying to understand the lowest possible purchase price of a 4 door Wrangler.

Currently have a quote of $19.5K for a 4x4 Wrangler Unlimited (4dr) 2008 X model with hard top and the 24c Package.

I've seen pricing of $17K for the 2 door version.....Does the 4 door really warrant an additional $2K? Anyone been able to get a Unlimited for ~$17K?
    Trying to keep this thread alive....Advertised price in today's LA Times for 2008 Wrangler Unlimited 4x4 for $18,400. Has anybody been able to beat that?
  • mac24mac24 Member Posts: 3,910
    The advertised price will never be the lowest price.
    The lowest will vary from dealer to dealer, and whether or not you're buying from stock or ordering it, and whether or not the sales manager has been told if he doesn't shift six vehicles over the weekend he can look for another job!

You'll only get the lowest price by going in and negotiating, and showing that you're ready to buy right now...if the price is right.
    You might get a reasonable deal by phone or email, but the best deal will be when you're face to face and with your checkbook on the table.

However, the lowest price may not be the best deal. It may well be worth paying a little more to buy from the local dealership with an excellent reputation for service and support, rather than the high volume place seventy five miles away.
    Thanks, still looking for some comment from someone who has bought a wrangler recently. I'm ready to buy, have a quote for ~17.5K if I close the deal tomorrow.
  • NICECARDEALcomNICECARDEALcom Member Posts: 2
    Here here. Well said. Lowest price does not necessarily equate to "best deal." Time is an important factor. Too often, people spend weeks working dealers to get a price that's $200 better than what they got from the first dealer. I know my time is worth more than $100 a week. Whatever you do, make sure you buy American -- and then snap it for thousands below invoice to help speed their demise. :P
    Seriously, $17500 sounds like a strong quote.
  • PaloverdePaloverde Member Posts: 1
    I will take your coupon if you still have it...or another's if you can find one...thanks, Phil
  • cat101cat101 Member Posts: 1
    Is $12,700 a good price for a 2003 Sahara (Stock). Fully maintained less than 16,000 miles. Comparing it to buying a 2009.
  • palaverpalaver Member Posts: 5
    Has anyone heard what new deals will be starting Jan 26, 2009 with Chrysler's latest "Employee Pricing Plus Plus?"

Thanks
  • palaverpalaver Member Posts: 5
    What was the model/specs to get a quote for 17.5? Did you end up closing the deal?
  • jefferson1964jefferson1964 Member Posts: 330
    Hoping to see some current deals that folks recieved out there right now....bright spot is wrangler sales are UP! Am looking to get back into a jeep wrangler after a 2 year hiatus....cant seem to find a good deal on a new unlimited in the DFW area even with the EPP going on right now I just dont get how i can get a new sierra loaded with hardtop, auto, 4x4, power locks doors for $26,500 off of ebay with FREE shipping and all i can get here is an unlimited wrangler x base model with auto, 4x4, hardtop for around that price......may have to resort to ebay again as i did on my 2005 Rubicon Unlimited.......hope not...fingers crossed....
    If you're thinking of buying used, rather than just checking eBay try the "for sale" sections on the more popular JK Boards. If you're going to want to mod your JK many of these will have mods already done.

Try jk-forum.com or jkowners.com
  • autlhautlh Member Posts: 1
    27% off MSRP...on a wrangler X.... The unlimited is getting a higher EPP discount, so you should be able to get at least $6500 off MSRP.... Have to finance through chrysler financial to get all the rebates etc...

$1500 on chrysler financial rebates and approx. $3000 on EPP discount puts your base negotiating price at around $4500 off MSRP.... Dealer is going to have 3-4 K wiggle room under those prices...

Get pre-approved from Chrysler Financial and then walk into the dealership with I'll buy from you today if you'll meet my price (I'm already pre-approved)...
  • rick331rick331 Member Posts: 4
    I'm also interested in the specs for the ~17.5K quote on an "Unlimited".......

1. manual or auto trans
    2. A/C
    3. alloy wheels

.......etc :confuse:
  • shine2shine2 Member Posts: 4
    The EP is 25689.
    The current offer is 20165.

It is a 4x4, automatic. It has power windows, power locks, infinity speakers.

What do you think? Can I get them lower since it is a 2008 or is this a solid offer?

Thanks so much in advance!
    This sounds like a pretty good deal. There are no '08's left in our area and the '09's are selling well.

I like even numbers so I'd tell them $20K and it's a deal!!
    Thank you so much for the feedback!!! I may get it!
    Final cost:
    20k even (thanks previous poster for your advice! I like even numbers too)....had them add the towing package in with the deal....it has one of the 'easy order groups' on it....don't remember the name of it but included on/off road tires, gas shocks etc, as stated before had the infinity upgrade and power convenience group, it's an automatic 4x4....financing was 5.1ish through a local credit union that my dealership works with for 60 months (excellent credit helped but that angle may have been able to been worked some more, not sure)....a bit more then the 4.84 offered through BOA but enabled me to get the 1k additional off to make it the 20k......has 1 year of sirius as well.....

I'm happy with my deal....it was at Bob Frensley near Nashville, Tennessee. 1k on trade in (it was a hunk of junk, lucky to get that, 2000 Ford Windstar with 120k miles and some mechanical issues), 6k down and my payments came to about 284 a month...I did really have to work with them, shop around, and let them know I was buying a Jeep 'today' at the best deal I could find and had to push them lower through 4 rounds of negotiation. I went in to the dealership with research and printouts 'in hand'....referenced them often.

I hope this information helps somebody. Best of luck to everyone shopping!

Most important thing..I LOVE my jeep!!!
  • jeepgrrrljeepgrrrl Member Posts: 5
    been researching and looking for over a week now! went from grand cherokee x with lthr heated seats etc. been looking at that type of suv for a little more comfort level in the cold winters thinking it would be worth the higher payments. i drove a 09 unltd base w/hardtop, manual and LOVED it! Actually got excited, i'm worried though about the winters and the manual locks and windows. price is 18k compared to x cherokee at 28K. Any advice? is this a good price for the very base unlimited? Thanks. (can't seem to get all the rebates with an upgraded power 09)
  • madw3rldmadw3rld Member Posts: 2
    This is an amazing deal! I got them down to $20,168 for the base (no power windows, soft top, no power locks) which is not a good deal at all.

If you don't mind helping me,
    Did your 2008 come with the lifetime powertrain?
    What "research and print outs in hand" did you have?
    Do you know what exactly they did to lower the price? Like incentives, rebates etc? THANKS!
    I agree, great deal its making me question my deal of 18k for my base w/hardtop.
    my rebates were: emp pricing 1900, then 4250- rebates. My dealer says he can't take any more off employee pricing so i might wait to see if the rebates on the 2009 models improve next month to step up to the power pkg.
  • madw3rldmadw3rld Member Posts: 2
    What rebates were they offering you that added up to 4250 and is it an automatic 4x4? At least yours included a freedom hard top!

I have a 06 Commander that I was going to trade in and I just found some dealers offer "buyer loyalty" so I am going try that route too. Basically, I love my commander but it is depreciating fast and would only trade it in on a Wrangler Unlimited. Right now the deals that they are offering me are "good" but not "great". It suprises me because you look at Dodge slashing prices and competitors like Chevy and Ford who are too... and you are telling me that the employee ++ from jeep is less than 2 grand? Come on Jeep (not to mention, Chrysler employees still get another $1,000 off)

The thing that irratates me the most is when dealers say "well we may have a couple $500 coupons left but they are in limited supply." Why dont they just say "Well, I know we have room to play on the price, let me check with my manager to see if we can drop the price."
    its a manual - rebates were the two listed on the web for 09's and a 1k financing and i'm not sure if the other is because its an 08 or a dealership rebate. I'm still deciding if i should wait for better rebates for 09 to get the x. good luck!
    don't feel bad about losing out on that 20k 08 unltd with power - i think i'm going to have to go w/a 09 (less rebatesand no more 08's except in yellow) so 09 x w/power, fog, alarm and dual tops for 24k. so price diff. ends up about the same as yours (2,600 diff between base and power pack, 1,500 for dual tops). have fun driving!