Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Infiniti FX50 / FX35 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    artsrt10artsrt10 Member Posts: 13
    Hey how do you like your FX? I'm planning on picking one up and think you got a pretty good price. I was just wondering what the specific (months/miles etc..) were of your lease and what the breakdown was of your $1,604.50 total out of pocket.

Also, would you know how much your lease would have been w/o the Sport package and are you paying NY or NJ taxes in your lease?

Would you recommend your salesperson and if so do you remember his/her name?

You can E-mail me at artsrt10@yahoo.com (Edmunds has the wrong email for me)

Thanks for your help!
  • Options
    gvlnggvlng Member Posts: 14
    Has anyone had experience with Infiniti of Tucson? Since they are the only Infiniti dealer here I wonder how they treat you buying and service wise. Any help is appreciated.
  • Options
    sphere99sphere99 Member Posts: 36
    I am looking to lease in august does anyone have any idea what finance deals might be available? Also has anyone heard if we should wait for the 2006 before buying?
  • Options
    holdenout4lesholdenout4les Member Posts: 11
    Anybody make a great deal on a 35RWD Touring/Sport or non-Sport recently? Dealer and cap cost figures or 39mo/15K lease terms, would be helpful. Thanks!
  • Options
    joe233joe233 Member Posts: 43
    Is the technology package worth the extra $$$ or are the features a novelty that quickly wears off? Does this package help to retain the cars value?

Anyone that bought without the technology package wish that they had gotten it and vise-versa?
  • Options
    msu79gt82msu79gt82 Member Posts: 541
    Is the technology package worth the extra $$$ or are the features a novelty that quickly wears off? Does this package help to retain the cars value?

Anyone that bought without the technology package wish that they had gotten it and vise-versa?

I consider Navi a must have and have grown very fond of the Intelli-Key. Laser Cruise is a take it or leave it option to me; I have no regrets about the Tech Package in my '04 FX35 at all.
  • Options
    labahnlabahn Member Posts: 2
    My brother told me about this site. Thanks to all. The latest offer that I have is a FX35AWD with touring, sport, technology, MES(DVD) and cross rails for $44332. It is more than I wanted to pay and I thinking of dropping the sport and DVD. Can I get a better deal for this.

Thanks
  • Options
    labahnlabahn Member Posts: 2
    This is in IL and I am looking at an 05' FX 35AWD. Dealer said it is $500 over invoice. Can I do better?
  • Options
    pscdocpscdoc Member Posts: 93
    Just bought a 05 FX45 in Diamond Graphite/Bricck with Prem, Tech, Hitch, XM Radio, X-Rails, Cargo Prot., Splash Guard and sunroof deflector. Total paid $51,500 (plus tax/lic).
  • Options
    holdenout4lesholdenout4les Member Posts: 11
    Pepito -

Sounds like you got a great deal - was it really $200 under invoice? How'd you get that, if there's no cash/dealer incentive? Looking to get one soon and want to squeeze down that cap cost as far as possible on a RWD, Touring, Sport. Thanks.
  • Options
    kuttermaxkuttermax Member Posts: 1
    I'm in the market for a 2005 FX45.

I'm looking at getting a FX45 with both the technology and performance package. Edmunds lists this at an MSRP of $52910, a Invoice of $48284 (destination not included), and a "What others are paying" as $50637.

The local dealer does not have one on the lot equipped like this but found two out of state that they would bring in. After some back and forth negotiation, they came down to a price of $50000 even for a cash deal (plus tax but including destination).

I also asked about leasing options - they came up with two different ones:

Option 1: 0 down, $845.56 due at delivery (includes licensing fee), and $670.56 a month for 39 months. 15k miles per year limit. Buyout: $30838.60

Option 2: "Investment lease" - $6765.77 down (includes $6000 investment), $590.77 a month, buyout of $30,838.60 (but I get original $6000 back or off buyout or credit towards next lease). Also 39 month term.

Option 3: $50000 plus sales tax cash purchase. If I did this, I would finance through the bank with a car loan with plan to pay off with 12 - 18 months. I have not yet visited the bank, so not sure of what the interest rate would be.

What do you think? Is this a good deal? Should I wait for 2006 instead? What about the different options?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
  • Options
    re26re26 Member Posts: 2
    I would say yes if you get the Golden sand

I did a $42K out the door (ok less the 6% state tax) for diamond graphite with willow interior in July 2005
  • Options
    joe233joe233 Member Posts: 43
    What's the best way to negotiate the best price? Do I show them the Edmunds TMV print out or just discuss the numbers without pulling out the papers? There's only one dealer in my area so I can't shop around too easily.
  • Options
    cuecue Member Posts: 13
    JUST PICKED UP MY FX 45 SHEER PLAT. ON WED. THIS CAR IS SO SWEET TOTALLY LOADED EXCEPT DVD/ CHROME RIMS PAIN 47000 2005
    QUIRK INFINITI IN MASS TOOK 5000+ RIGHT OFF THE TOP WITH EASE FOR ME.
    THIS COLOR IS BEAUTIFUL BTW ESP. WHEN SUN HITS IT, AND SUNRISE/SUNSET COLORS .
  • Options
    dhamiltondhamilton Member Posts: 878
    I'm in houston looking for an fx35 with just the touring package. Getting quotes for around $36.5. This is about 1k more than I want to pay. [I will actually lease] Does anybody have any connections or thoughts? I know if I wait till the end of the month it will probably get a little better, but I was hoping to get one next week [just in time for wifes birthday] I may just go back and offer $35.5 and see what they say. Any thoughts or advice is appreciated....Dan
  • Options
    OK..
    Just completed deal at North Houston Infiniti on FX 35 touring package only.
    39 months
    Just first payment acquisition fee and additional $600 down
    $478.01 monthly w/tax [tax in Texas is on the whole purchase price :mad: ]
    I had been talking to one salesman for a long time. He was very patiant and proffessional. Never the cheesy sales guy stuff. Even let me take one home overnight as it's for my wife. Did the final wheeling and dealing over the phone with him and Sales manager. VERY proffessional, and courteous. Had all the paperwork ready when we got there and the car was detailed and ready to go. In and out in no time. Will give names if you contact me.
    I highly recommend North Houston Infiniti. Great service, my wife loves the car....
  • Options
    bushmonstrbushmonstr Member Posts: 2
    Hey im new to this board and currently have a 3 series coupe and have to unfortunately part ways due to a lease expiring.
    I have been to 2 dealership and i want the INFINITI FX35 AWD TOURING & SPORT , i also have a vpp # . Does this seem like a deal $3000 down at 424.00 a month ? 39 months / 12,000 miles
  • Options
    That's pretty much the deal I got. I just rolled the taxes in and stuff so my payment is more. I think it's pretty good. You may want to consider less money down and more a month. I say pay out just what you have up front. It's a great car.
  • Options
    flava1flava1 Member Posts: 4
    hello all....i want a loaded FX35 AWD w/Sport, Tech, Premium & DVD...

The best quote I've received with everything is $43,700 + $499 Fee + TTL...

Out the door the pricing is approx $46.5k

Can anyone suggest if they've done better on the fully LOADED FX35?

I'm willing to drive if the price is right... i live in the southeast...

I'm considering dropping the DVD & Tech Package, but I want it!

Thanks!
  • Options
    anyone know what they are for august?
  • Options
    I would love to know all your details, I cannot get anyone in Dallas to work with me, they rarely reply and when they reply its rude and overpriced! Almost will consider driving down to houston.
  • Options
    I don't have it in front me but it was like $2??.00 over invoice with a money factor of like 3.9 and a residual of 60%. I can give you the name of the salesman if you email me but I'm not sure how to do that. I thought you just click on my profile but that's not it. I highly recommend North Houston Infiniti....
  • Options
    clpurnellclpurnell Member Posts: 1,083
    Wow thats a change.. I bought my 2003 in Dallas from Grubbs because none of the Houston dealers could even get within a mile of the deal. I got a tech package car (which in 2003 incl dvd and sport) for 400 over invoice and 2k more for my trade. and this was 3 months after they were released. Try Grubbs and Sewell in dallas if they don't work with you then try North Houston. Good luck it's a great car.
  • Options
    almdalmd Member Posts: 1
    This forum was useful to establish my target price and I would like to share my expierience.I just picked up my FX 35 awd with touring,crossbars and splashguards at Quirk Infiniti ,MA. 39m/15k lease,monthly payment is 439+tax.Paid 1st month payment+550 aq.fee+290 doc fee.They have more then 60 fx on parking lot.
  • Options
    orangenationorangenation Member Posts: 1
    I just leased FX35 with Touring, Sports, Silver Crossbars, XM, Chrome Wheels, splash guards, cargo protector from a dealer in Tysons Corner Virginia. 3000 down, $399 per month, 39 month. I just stopped by to pick up brochures, but ended up leasing it after 3 minutes of negoitiation. First offer was 449 a month, 36 month, 3000 down. Then I said 399 for 39 month, then sales person shook my hand. Went too easy, so I am thinking I must paid too much. TTL extra. Not included in 399 monthly payment. I think you can do better than I did considering it well too easy.
  • Options
    mcdudemcdude Member Posts: 4
    Hello All,
    I was very close to buyiong a used 2005 AWD FX35 wtouring package.
    NOW, with the new financing of 1.9% im considering a new 2005 FX35 AWD w/touring.

what seems to be a good deal for this car?

thank you in advance,
    Guy
  • Options
    2005 FX35 2WD with touring, rear cargo mat, roof rails, window tinting and splash guards, 15K miles, 39 months $503 per month with only first payment down. This amount includes taxes (in texas have to pay 100% of taxes on price of car ) so without taxes are almost $60 of that so of course that isn't negotiable.

The selling price is $35,549
    what do we think?
  • Options
    kodiak333kodiak333 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I'm looking to buy a 2005 FX AWD in November-December with Touring and Tech packages only. I live in Indiana and there aren't that many dealerships in the state but I'm willing to look in Chicago, Cincinatti and Louisville. Do you guys think I can get one for 40K or under? And yes I am buying, not leasing.
  • Options
    bump??
  • Options
    I would say price it out then go for invoice.
  • Options
    kg6ckg6c Member Posts: 18
  • Options
    I am in the philly area and I amlooking to buy a FX 35. Got most of the dealers to give me the car for $500 above invoice. Had anyone had a better experience in this area, if yes please provide me with more info.
    Also, if I were to lease a FX 35 with touring, with no money down, could someone please let me know how much should be paying.
    Thanks
  • Options
    I am not in your area (Dallas), but I just leased mine for $503 per month (of which about $60 was taxes as in Texas we have to pay 100% of the taxes), which was exact invoice. I had the FX35 with touring only although the one they had did have the silver roof rack, cargo mat and splash guards so they threw that in. I only paid first payment down, which wasn't a down payment as it goes towards my payments, so now i have just 38 payments. I signed a 39 month with 15K miles.
  • Options
    When the car dealers are calculating your lease cost and tax, do they base it off the Invoice Price or MSRP.
    My question is that is it is based MSRP (which is public) and the money factor (which is published and set in stone) with the Residual Value. Then why do lease prices fluctuate so much.
    I was at a dealership yesterday and they were quoting everything of the MSRP. The same dealer said if I were to buy the FX 35 he would give me $500 over invoice. Does this make sense.
    Thanks
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    Residuals are always based off of MSRP.. After all, the car will be worth the same at the end of the lease, no matter what you paid for it..

So, the lower the selling price, the lower the monthly price of the lease.. Even if the selling price (cap cost) is under invoice, the residual percentage is still multiplied by the MSRP.

Monthly lease quotes will vary, according to the selling price.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    cuecue Member Posts: 13
    Tell me if this sounds like a good deal, 2005 fx45 loaded, except for chrome wheels, dvd option in back, list $55,000. Dealer offered to sell for $48,000. Took that much off without even having to bargin a bit. no miles 36 on it, never owned, sheer platinum, beautiful suv and what a great ride I must say. I went to local dealer in RI, they did not even want to budge on price, I went to MA and already told story. Let me know, oh one more thing I qualified for 1.9% but cant afford payments that high and can take the 2.9%.
  • Options
    infiniteloopinfiniteloop Member Posts: 1
    I am planning to buy FX35 with sports and premium packages..
    What do you think is the realstic price for that?

I live in Southern Maryland (DC metro area),
    How much were you able to negotiate in your purchase?

Gene
  • Options
    bmreynoldsbmreynolds Member Posts: 15
    I live in the DFW Texas area and was quoted FX35 Touring (MSRP 38,820.00) for vpp price of $35,831.33.
    I was told that if you take MSRP and x 12% that will give you true invoice by an old infiniti employee. That takes you to a price of $34,161.60. Which if my math is correct is 1,669.73 over invoice. I was also told that their fiscal year ends in March so that is the time that they normally give their best deals.
    So, is $35,831.33 a good price or should I go for a lot less? Anyone got a better price for one? Thanks :)
  • Options
    was that price 2 wheel or all wheel?

best
    S
  • Options
    bmreynoldsbmreynolds Member Posts: 15
    It is the rwd...Thanks
  • Options
    motherbobbimotherbobbi Member Posts: 2
    If you talking of Grubbs, in Euless, Texas. My husband bought a used 2003 FX-45 loaded, but not from them. His friend finds great cars, he has another dealer. Said the car had a full warr. We do not blame our friend, but the Infiniti Dealer. It was almost new. I first thing it was low on oil, after the new oil change. There is no record here of the oil changes, it might not be under warr. Them the windows would not roll down, bring it over it's a fuse (75 miles one way). They would not warr. it. That said the man before us had a speed alert. We have one, but hooks in the ash tray plug. So we were out $688. They told us that is what you get for buying a used car. We have always bought new cars, there is someone waiting to buy the used one. I have called our buyers of the others car. Never has one Cadillac dealer said it to them. They are rude, they talk down to you. Oh, you bought a used car, this is the service manager and his workers telling us this. But I LOVE MY FX-45. Never had anything, but a Caddie. It's eye candy We are a older couple, the looks we get are great. Service sucks. They told me I have to bring the car for oil changes or go to a another Inf. We our in West Texas, it's greater drive. JERKS. My thought of GRUBBS!!

Thank, Jack and Bobbi
  • Options
    motherbobbimotherbobbi Member Posts: 2
    I have never been to Dallas. In fact Grubbs told me to go to Dallas for service. Because I did not like the treatment from them! But GRUBBS is very rude.

Jack and Boobi
  • Options
    philipnjphilipnj Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know when the 2006 models of the fx35 arrive at dealerships?
  • Options
    fxguyfxguy Member Posts: 132
    November 05.
  • Options
    msu79gt82msu79gt82 Member Posts: 541
    My dealer said December or January; so ???
  • Options
    babykampbabykamp Member Posts: 1
    I think I just got a pretty good deal on what I would consider a virtually new 2005 FX45. Only 4,500 miles and paid $43,200. Has all options - Tech, DVD, Chrome wheels. List was $56K. Only thing I am missing out on is new financing rates - this car is showroon new. Changes for 2006 aren't significant enough to pass up the deals being made.
  • Options
    mcefanmcefan Member Posts: 2
    The 2006 FX35 will be out the end of January, beginning of February 2006.
  • Options
    badadbadad Member Posts: 5
    Help for SoCal. Looking for a new car and considering the shift from my Audi A6 to an SUV. I've test driven the 2005 Murano SE AWD, but feels a little cheesey inside. Also, I keep hearing problems with the CVT and alternator on the Nissan. I like the looks of the FX35, and know that it has a conventional trans. Any thoughts on the debate? Also, what seems to be a competative lease (little to $ down) for the FX these days? I've got a good deal on the Nissan at $1000 down and $425/mo for 42 mos and 17500K/yr mileage. Thanks in advance for your help.
  • Options
    chikoochikoo Member Posts: 3,008
    2003 FX-35
    Mileage 22,100 Engine 6 Cylinders
    Body Style SUV Transmission Automatic 5speed w Manual Shift Mode
    Wheelbase 112" Drive Train RWD

Features: ABS, Air Conditioning, Alarm, Alloy Wheels, AM/FM Radio, Bucket Seating, Cassette Radio, CD Changer, Cruise Control, Driver-Side Airbag, , Heated Seats, Leather Interior, **Low Mileage**, Memory Seats, Moon Roof, Navigation, One Owner, Passenger-Side Airbag, Power Locks, Power Mirrors, Power Seats, Power Steering, Power Windows, Radial Tires, Rear Air Conditioning, Rear Bench Seat, Rear Window Defroster, Rear Window Wiper, Remote Alarm Control, Remote Keyless Entry, Side-Impact Airbags, Tilt Wheel, Tinted Glass, Traction Control, Xenon Hedlamps

Seller's Notes: 2003 Infiniti FX35 Crossover 2WD, 3.5L V6, Technology Package, Sport Package, Premium Package, Navigation System w 7" Display & Rear View Monitor, , DVD Entertainment System, 20" Alloy Wheels, Intel Key, Pwr. Sunroof, Bose Audio 6 Disc InDash CD Changer, Cassette, Homelink, Pwr. Tilt and Tele Steering,Pwr. Heated Front Seats, Pwr. Windows/DoorLocks, Heated Mirrors, Cruise Control, Front/Side/Side Curtain Airbags, Xenon Headlamps, Keyless Entry and Security System,4 Wheel ABS Disc Brakes.

Appreciate the feedabck from all the FX enthusiasts!
  • Options
    sean10sean10 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know what changes will be made to the FX in the next few years? I heard that in 2007 there will be some. Thanks.