Options

2016 Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    photog72photog72 Member Posts: 22

I'm in Texas and had a similar detailed offer as vitycent on a EX-L V6. I've yet to find a dealer in my area that doesn't have the pro pack on every car on the lot. They will negotiate off some, but at best they want $1K (in my limited experience). Has anyone in TX had luck getting one without Propack?

Dealership let me walk from their final offer of $27,800 less TTL on an EX-L V6 with Pro Pack. Just trying to see how fair their offer was.

I bought my '16 Touring without a pro pack. Well, it didn't have the tray in the trunk, but had everything else. I refused to pay for add-ons. I told 'em to take off what you can/want. I didn't want the tint ($300), but they threw that in. I'm still going to strip it and put my own darker tint on. So, yes, it's possible to get an Accord without paying for that junk. Try at the end of the month, perhaps?
  • Options
    rarekatrarekat Member Posts: 26
    I have received this quote from an another dealer on the 2016 Accord EX-L model:

MSRP: $29,505.00
    Discount: $4650.00
    Sale Price: $24,855.00

Edmunds TMV is at $26,599 and Invoice is at $27,175.

Dealer adminstrative fee is $598. Tax is $797 and Tags is $127. This is in NC state.

Total OTD price is $26,377.

Also, the dealer has offered a protection package (all weather mats, trunk tray, splash guards and 3M door edge guards) at a price of $594.

Can you please comment on this deal? Is it worth getting the protection package? Any suggestions? Thanks.
  • Options
    rarekat said:

I have received this quote from an another dealer on the 2016 Accord EX-L model:

Dealer adminstrative fee is $598. Tax is $797 and Tags is $127. This is in NC state.

Also, the dealer has offered a protection package (all weather mats, trunk tray, splash guards and 3M door edge guards) at a price of $594.

Can you please comment on this deal? Is it worth getting the protection package? Any suggestions? Thanks.

Pro Pack = Protection Package. Either have them take it off (physically) or take it off the bill of sale. Do not pay for stuff you don't want, nor need. Cars come just fine from the factory. The all weather mats may work for you, during the winter. I would buy them alone, outside of the package if I lived in the snow belt. Looks like a good deal otherwise. The pro pack is pure dealer profit. Don't do it!
  • Options
    xxlckxxxxlckxx Member Posts: 2
    Hi all!
    I don't need a second car now, but with a baby on the way in Jan 2017. With that said, I know that the 2017 Accords are arriving and 2016 Accords are going out pretty soon, and already seeing people here paying below invoice for it. If I wait until December or Jan to purchase an Accord, would the 2017 be harder to negotiate for a deal given they are a newer MY? Would there be any 2016 left for a bargain by then?

FWIW, I'm looking at the EX-L V6 - will be financing and not leasing.
  • Options
    xxlckxx said:

Hi all!
    I don't need a second car now, but with a baby on the way in Jan 2017. With that said, I know that the 2017 Accords are arriving and 2016 Accords are going out pretty soon, and already seeing people here paying below invoice for it. If I wait until December or Jan to purchase an Accord, would the 2017 be harder to negotiate for a deal given they are a newer MY? Would there be any 2016 left for a bargain by then?

FWIW, I'm looking at the EX-L V6 - will be financing and not leasing.

Depends where you are. Major metro area with lots of Honda dealers, you MIGHT have a 2016 or two left. Otherwise, I wouldn't count on a 2016 at that time of year. It's still possible to get a good deal on an Accord then... black Friday, end of year sales, etc.
  • Options
    pereraupererau Member Posts: 13
    xxlckxx said:
    Hi all! I don't need a second car now, but with a baby on the way in Jan 2017. With that said, I know that the 2017 Accords are arriving and 2016 Accords are going out pretty soon, and already seeing people here paying below invoice for it. If I wait until December or Jan to purchase an Accord, would the 2017 be harder to negotiate for a deal given they are a newer MY? Would there be any 2016 left for a bargain by then? FWIW, I'm looking at the EX-L V6 - will be financing and not leasing.
    I'm new to car buying, so I can't answer your question, but in my searches in northern California, I have seen quite a few of the V6 exl without Navi, but the latter are getting really hard to find in anything but black or white.
  • Options
    dayglowdayglow Member Posts: 6
    Hi Guys! Looking at buy a 2016 Accord Coupe EX. Here is a quote I received from a dealer in Texas.

2016 EX Manual
    MSRP: $26,835
    Invoice based on NADA is: $23,789 before Destination of $835
    Sale Price (with Destination fee) before TTL: $21,848

Sale Price (with Destination fee) before TTL: $22,991 for an Automatic EX

What do you guys think?
    Still need to work out administrative fees
  • Options
    tonyg2016tonyg2016 Member Posts: 728
    dayglow said:

Still need to work out administrative fees

you do not have a REAL quote unless you work out the fees; that is where they will try to bend you over!

http://www.edmunds.com/car-buying/what-fees-should-you-pay.html#chart

• Options
    speedy19speedy19 Member Posts: 71
    Help- I am somewhat perplexed. I am looking for a 2016 Honda Accord EX with Honda Sensing. (Not EXL)
    I have read through the last 10 pages on this forum.
    There are people who are getting 2016 Accord EX-L (which MSRP is higher than a 2016 Accord EX w/ Honda Sensing (HS) FOR A LOWER PRICE than I have been quoted. I have called over 30 dealers in the Texas Area. Nobody is coming close.

SHould I wait till end of month?

Deal 1: Brand new 2016 Honda EX with Honda Sensing (10 miles on car) WITH HAIL DAMAGE (Fixed and not noticeable now). NOT RECORDED ON TITLE and dealer is willing to put this in the contract. Car Has Dealer Tint on it (they arent adding this to the price).
    BEST PRICE = $23,000 (This is NET of the 1k Dealer cash they are getting).
    So I would pay $23K + TTL
    So this is about $3100 below Invoice.
    I can finance @ 0.9% for 60 months.

Deal 2: Brand new 2016 Honda EX with Honda Sensing. (10 miles on car)-
    BEST PRICE = $24713 + TTL (Net of 1k dealer cash back)

Deal 3: Brand new 2017 Honda EX with Honda Sensing.
    Best Price = 25388+TTL = $26387 with 1K back in DownPayment cash (so basically my Out the door price is $25387)

Why am I being charged so much on Deal 2 compared to others who are getting an EX-L (Whose MSRP and Invoice is higher than mine???)
  • Options
    @rarekat where did you get that deal>
  • Options
    @rarekat Hi - is there more dealer cash back on the EX-L?
  • Options
    @mc4nam is there more dealer cash back on the EX-L?
  • Options
    @stever,
    @mc4nam, @brian125 does anyone know what the real dealer cash back is on the ex-l and the ex 2016 models?
  • Options
    vitycent said:

If it helps, I live in TX.

Im in TX As well - for some reason the cars here arent priced as well as those in CA for example
  • Options
    speedy19 said:

vitycent said:

If it helps, I live in TX.

Im in TX As well - for some reason the cars here arent priced as well as those in CA for example
    Depends where in Texas. Here in the Houston area, there are a lot of Honda dealers. Competition helps in lowering pricing.
  • Options
    tonyg2016tonyg2016 Member Posts: 728
    accord prices vary greatly. best prices in the Dc area and the So. Ca area. you guys have price envy - figure 1000-1500 delta depending on region.

lease cash: ex and below 1350
    ex-l and higher 1850

i know this is the BUY forum but the difference carries over; 500 extra on ex-l and above, 2016 pricing
  • Options
    photog72 said:

rarekat said:

Pro Pack = Protection Package. Either have them take it off (physically) or take it off the bill of sale. Do not pay for stuff you don't want, nor need. Cars come just fine from the factory. The all weather mats may work for you, during the winter. I would buy them alone, outside of the package if I lived in the snow belt. Looks like a good deal otherwise. The pro pack is pure dealer profit. Don't do it!
    speedy19 said:

@rarekat where did you get that deal>

@speedy19 - This is in NC.
  • Options
    speedy19 said:

Help- I am somewhat perplexed. I am looking for a 2016 Honda Accord EX with Honda Sensing. (Not EXL)
    There are people who are getting 2016 Accord EX-L (which MSRP is higher than a 2016 Accord EX w/ Honda Sensing (HS) FOR A LOWER PRICE than I have been quoted. I have called over 30 dealers in the Texas Area. Nobody is coming close.

Deal 1: Brand new 2016 Honda EX with Honda Sensing (10 miles on car) WITH HAIL DAMAGE (Fixed and not noticeable now). NOT RECORDED ON TITLE and dealer is willing to put this in the contract. Car Has Dealer Tint on it (they arent adding this to the price).

Best Price = 25388+TTL = $26387 with 1K back in DownPayment cash (so basically my Out the door price is $25387)

Why am I being charged so much on Deal 2 compared to others who are getting an EX-L (Whose MSRP and Invoice is higher than mine???)

@stever,
    @mc4nam, @brian125 any comments on this? appreciate anything.
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,831
    speedy19 said:

@stever,
    @mc4nam, @brian125 does anyone know what the real dealer cash back is on the ex-l and the ex 2016 models?

All we see is $1000 on the EX or $1250 on the EX-L.

If there has been any mid-month changes, we wouldn't know about it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    Hi @accordcrv did you ever buy the car?
    I am in the market for the exact same car
    accordcrv said:

Hello Users,

I am in market for 2016 Accord EX with HONDA Sensing in Orlando, Florida area. Can any body please share there buying experience and Itemized amount they paid for the car. I see most dealers are charging $ 700 dealer fees in Orlando area.

I own 2008 Accord Sedan which i plan to keep, thinking between 2016 Accord or CRV as my second vehicle, just worried about the 2015 CRV vibration issue i read online. I can wait for 2016 CRV too as i am interested in getting SENSING which is only available on 2015 CRV touring model (don't want to spend that much on CRV).

Mine is family of 2 adults and one 6 year old kid. With one more kids in about year.

Any advice or input will be very helpful, thank you in advance.

Hi @
    accordcrv said:

Hello Users,

I am in market for 2016 Accord EX with HONDA Sensing in Orlando, Florida area. Can any body please share there buying experience and Itemized amount they paid for the car. I see most dealers are charging $ 700 dealer fees in Orlando area.

I own 2008 Accord Sedan which i plan to keep, thinking between 2016 Accord or CRV as my second vehicle, just worried about the 2015 CRV vibration issue i read online. I can wait for 2016 CRV too as i am interested in getting SENSING which is only available on 2015 CRV touring model (don't want to spend that much on CRV).

Mine is family of 2 adults and one 6 year old kid. With one more kids in about year.

Any advice or input will be very helpful, thank you in advance.

Hi @accordcrv did you ever buy the car?
    I am in the market for the exact same car
  • Options
    speedy19 said:

speedy19 said:

@stever,
    Update _ I got a discount on Deal 1 of another 500.
    Selling price of $22,500
    should I pull trigger? Wait a few weeks? any help appreciated! @stever @brian125 @mc4nam
  • Options
    Michaell said:

speedy19 said:

@stever,

@Michaell - I am in the process of purchasing the ex-l.

However I don't see any cash back incentives on the ex or the ex-l. None of the dealers who I have got the quotes from, have mentioned about this. Where is this advertised? Thanks.
  • Options
    brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    speedy19 said:

speedy19 said:

speedy19 said:

@stever,
    Update _ I got a discount on Deal 1 of another 500.
    Selling price of $22,500
    should I pull trigger? Wait a few weeks? any help appreciated! @stever @brian125 @mc4nam

Supply is limited and demand is up on 2016 models in your area . BUY vehicle its a very good price provided they Fixed damage.

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• Options
    2016 Ex w/ Sensing Invoice w/ dest / charge =............................ $25,883

• Options
    Hi @brian125

Looking at either EX Manual or the V6.
    I wanted your opinion on this deal for a V6 EXL Coupe Accord.

MSRP $31,860
    Invoice Price $28,373

Sale Price $26,431
    Destination $835
    Sales Tax $1,704.13
    Inventory Tax $61
    Title $33
    Inspection $23.75
    License $134
    Doc fees $189

Out the door $29,410
    $1900 off of invoice but want to see if they can include the destination fee in the sales price

Does this seem okay?

Thanks!
  • Options
    This is in Texas by the way
  • Options
    V-6 EXL coupe is $29,207 If your sale price is $26,431 without destination included there is some more room for a discount . Might take you till months end to lower price but could pay dividends.

Overall its a solid deal as it stands.

• Options
    rarekat said:

Michaell said:

speedy19 said:

@stever,

However I don't see any cash back incentives on the ex or the ex-l. None of the dealers who I have got the quotes from, have mentioned about this. Where is this advertised? Thanks.
    These incentives are factory-to-dealer; dealer can choose to pass them along to the customer (hint: most will)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    Michaell said:

rarekat said:

Michaell said:

speedy19 said:

@stever,

These incentives are factory-to-dealer; dealer can choose to pass them along to the customer (hint: most will)
    @Michaell - I have an OTD price quote of $26,250 on an Accord EX-L. The dealers in my area have not mentioned about passing these incentives to me in the prices they have quoted me.

Would you suggest I ask them if they are offering me (or will they offer me) the incentive as well because Honda doesn't advertise any of these incentives that they have passed to the dealer.

Appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.
  • Options
    rarekat said:

Michaell said:

speedy19 said:

@stever,

rarekat said:

Michaell said:

rarekat said:

Michaell said:

speedy19 said:

@stever,

@Michaell - I have an OTD price quote of $26,250 on an Accord EX-L. The dealers in my area have not mentioned about passing these incentives to me in the prices they have quoted me.

Would you suggest I ask them if they are offering me (or will they offer me) the incentive as well because Honda doesn't advertise any of these incentives that they have passed to the dealer.

My guess is that the selling price offered by the dealer already includes that incentive.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:

rarekat said:

Michaell said:

speedy19 said:

@stever,

rarekat said:

Michaell said:

rarekat said:

Michaell said:

speedy19 said:

@stever,

My guess is that the selling price offered by the dealer already includes that incentive.
    @Michaell - Appreciate all the feedback. Thanks.
  • Options
    kawankukawanku Member Posts: 10
    Hi everybody... I am trying to get 2016 Accord (maybe LX) in Los Angeles area (I am helping my niece who just moved down there as a student). Could somebody tell me which dealers should I reach out and what kind or pricing that I could expect?

I live in Georgia and I have bought my car from a dealer in Woodstock earlier this year and they quoted me an LX for $18.6 K without Tax Tag Title ($20.7k with everything incl. dealer fee 499)
    I am not familiar at all with LA or So Cal area dealers so any advice - will be appreciated....
  • Options
    kawankukawanku Member Posts: 10
    kawanku said:

Hi everybody... I am trying to get 2016 Accord (maybe LX) in Los Angeles area (I am helping my niece who just moved down there as a student). Could somebody tell me which dealers should I reach out and what kind or pricing that I could expect?

I live in Georgia and I have bought my car from a dealer in Woodstock earlier this year and they quoted me an LX for $18.6 K without Tax Tag Title ($20.7k with everything incl. dealer fee 499)
    I am not familiar at all with LA or So Cal area dealers so any advice - will be appreciated....

I only got a response from one dealer - Norm Reese Cerritos - 2016 EX-L for $25,488 (I know it is not LX, but I think my niece would like EXL now).
    I saw somebody posting in pg 26 that the car price is $24600 for EX-L in California (not sure where).
    Would I be delusional to expect to pay like 24,100 in Los Angeles?
    I paid 24,200 (plus tax tag and dealer fee) in Atlanta when I got it in June 2016 (which makes me believe that price should be a bit lower now).

Please anybody - if you could help me out... If this is in Atlanta, I could already be on my merry way...
    I just never dealt with Los Angeles dealers....
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited August 2016
    TMV in LA is $26,078, which is about $1,000 below invoice.

I'd get some quotes from a bunch of SoCal dealers and then focus on the two or three best. Best pricing should be early next week at month's end if you can hang out a little while longer.

My guess is that another $1,000 below invoice is doable today - i.e., $25,000. Not sure about getting the other $800 off to hit your target.

Norm Reeves has way more reviews here if that means anything.
  • Options
    chimneychimney Member Posts: 3
    Hi Everyone,
    I am in Southern California, Ventura area, so close to LA. I am looking to buy a new 2016 Honda Accord EX-L with Honda Sensing. I know how to do it, thanks to all the posts from @brian125 and @stever. Is $2500 under invoice the best price anyone has been quoted so far this month in SoCal? Are prices expected to go lower than $2500 under invoice at the end of August? Would prices be better at the end of September? Thanks in advance for your help!
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    16 models are limited make your best deals today thru end of the month. Use target price ranges to decide which direction you go . Ask for 1000 to 1500 below invoice on any 17 model in SoCal

• Options
    tashi101tashi101 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks everyone for their valuable input

Finally I bought my car today

2016 Honda Sport Sensing
    Car price : 21871
    Tax (Chicago suburb): 1687
    Doc fee: 169
    Plates and Title: 221

Total: 23948

• Options
    tashi101 said:

Thanks everyone for their valuable input

Finally I bought my car today

2016 Honda Sport Sensing
    Car price : 21871
    Tax (Chicago suburb): 1687
    Doc fee: 169
    Plates and Title: 221

Total: 23948

Congrats!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    mpletz8mpletz8 Member Posts: 2
    Hey everyone,

1st time poster here. I was looking for some information on 2016 Honda Accord Sport, and stumbled across this thread and hoping for some help on what I should be doing. I have virtually no knowledge on car buying tips, etc, but have been trying to do research to be prepared, and everyone here seems to know a great deal about the wonderful car buying experience.

We live in PA and have been looking at purchasing a 2016 Honda Accord Sport, test drove one the other day but the dealer was only willing to go $2,200 below MSRP so we walked.

I've been going back and forth via e-mail with another dealer and he says he'll go $4,255 below MSRP of $25,900; is that good? What other factors/fees should I be considering?

I do have a 2005 Jetta to trade-in as well but I know what I should be getting there, I think.

Any help is greatly appreciated! We're going to the other dealership tomorrow morning.
  • Options
    mpletz8

looks to me like your last quote of $4,255 below MSRP puts you @2k below invoice on the sport model. I would build on that offer with the rest of targeted dealers to beat price. Same with your trade in .

Check out Honda dealer rater for reviews in your State and shopping area.

• Options
    rsthollandrstholland Member Posts: 3
    kawanku said:

kawanku said:

I only got a response from one dealer - Norm Reese Cerritos - 2016 EX-L for $25,488 (I know it is not LX, but I think my niece would like EXL now).
    I saw somebody posting in pg 26 that the car price is $24600 for EX-L in California (not sure where).
    Would I be delusional to expect to pay like 24,100 in Los Angeles?
    I paid 24,200 (plus tax tag and dealer fee) in Atlanta when I got it in June 2016 (which makes me believe that price should be a bit lower now).

Please anybody - if you could help me out... If this is in Atlanta, I could already be on my merry way...
    I just never dealt with Los Angeles dealers....
    I bought a 2016 Accord Sedan EX-L with a MSRP of $29,505 for 24,400 With the ProPak two months ago in No.Ca. I used the strategy that brian125 has layed out in this thread.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Hey Bob, long time no see. Congrats on the new ride!
  • Options
    txhayden09txhayden09 Member Posts: 3
    We just bought a 2016 Honda Accord LX - Basque Red Pearl with Ivory Interior for $18,300. The car was a service loaner with 1,142 miles. Car came with 6 oil changes and they are repainting the hood because I noticed rock chips. The advertised price was $18,999 (they have to include the dealer fee in the advertised price in GA). Basically came out $5K less than sticker. They only had this one and a champagne colored one for the $18,999 price.

The interesting part came when they tried to offer GAP/Service Contract/Extended Warranty. They offer only Allstate products and not HondaCare. When I asked about it, the sales manager was like "we boycott HondaCare". I would have thought they had to offer HondaCare. I got in on my 2015 CR-V because of problems with my 2012 so I was surprised this dealer didn't. We didn't take any add-on's and got the car as-is. We took it home and are waiting for the appointment to get the hood resprayed now.
  • Options
    mpletz8mpletz8 Member Posts: 2
    I've been e-mailing around and one dealer said they couldn't match while another said they'd match plus throw in the all weather package....is the original deal a decent deal, maybe I could get them $500-1K lower?
  • Options
    laughinlaughin Member Posts: 17
    brian125 said:

Make phone calls, send emails, and E-price quote requests to dealers as far as your willing to travel . Tell each dealer X price gets your business Today . Once you have your best price or best quotes narrowed down ask for the OTD price . Work on getting each dealers lowest selling price w/ destination included FIRST nothing more. You could pretty much get a ball park figure yourself by adding your state tax , dealers doc fee , Dmv fee's to your lowest totals . Then let dealer confirm final pricing before agreeing.
    Read thru some of my 4300 comments posted on my home page you will find many email approach type emails to dealers I posted for buyers in here to use.

We know in states like MA, CA, MD, VA, pricing can start @2500 below invoice and go as high as 3300 below invoice price.

I have posted a lot of very good informative email requests to dealers for buyers in these forums maybe someone can find a few and post them

Hi Everybody, has anybody in Southern California been able to buy an 2016 Accord LX cvt or Sport cvt for $2500-$3000 under invoice. The quotes i'm getting from Edmund's internet sales price quotes is only about $600-$1000 under invoice. Does the $2500 under invoice include any rebates such as college grad or military. If anybody was able to purchase for$2500 under invoice, can you please give me the name of the dealership. Thank you very much.
  • Options
    I am in SoCal and I've been offered $2500 under invoice for the 2016 Accord EX-L twice over the past 24 hours--once on a walk in and once on internet. I am assuming that means I can do better. Sorry that doesn't help you with LX or Sport.
  • Options
    chimney said:

I am in SoCal and I've been offered $2500 under invoice for the 2016 Accord EX-L twice over the past 24 hours--once on a walk in and once on internet. I am assuming that means I can do better. Sorry that doesn't help you with LX or Sport.

Can you give me the name of the dealership? They may give a good price on the other trims also.
  • Options
    Ocean Honda in Ventura gave me a good low price on walk-in with no negotiating whatsoever other than my indicating that I'd waited for the last few days of the month (per Brian!) to get the best price. Thousand Oaks Honda gave highest prices so far (only 2k under invoice) with several emails negotiating the price, they still refused to budge on their first offer. Norm Reeves in Cerritos gave best prices so far on first contact, but their deal includes mandatory Honda Financing. Hope that helps. Let me know what you find. And do follow Brian's advice, it saves SO much time.
  • Options
    Chimney, thanks for the dealer info.
  • Options
    J53072J53072 Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2016
    Bought 16 Accord EX w Sensing for $23383+$303.27 in doc+extra fee from Grossinger in Chicago (Salersperson Gilbert was great). Thought it was a decent deal. Price offered (through website request) is $2500+ below invoice.

Was quoted similar by a few dealers for EX -without- sensing.