Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2016 VW Touareg Lease Questions

kenger1kenger1 Posts: 22
edited October 2015 in Volkswagen
Wondering what the residual / money factor for a new lease on a 2016 TDI. Plan to purchase in the next week.

Thanks!!

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 128,257
    kenger1 said:

Wondering what the residual / money factor for a new lease on a 2016 TDI. Plan to purchase in the next week.

Thanks!!

.00001 MF and 48% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr. $4000 lease cash.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• kenger1kenger1 Posts: 22
    edited October 2015
    What would residual be for 36mo/12k miles?

Could you throw in the numbers for V6 Lux @ 36mo/12k miles as well.
    kenger1 said:

What would residual be for 36mo/12k miles?

Could you throw in the numbers for V6 Lux @ 36mo/12k miles as well.

Add 2% to go from 15K/yr to 12K/yr.

.00001 MF and 46% residual for 36/12. $5000 lease cash

Edmunds Moderator

• Hi, I was wondering what the Nov. residual and money factor are for a 2016 v6 Lux at 10k miles a year?
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 121,743
    geo1688 said:

Hi, I was wondering what the Nov. residual and money factor are for a 2016 v6 Lux at 10k miles a year?

.00040 and 46% for 36/10. $6000 lease cash.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Looking for a money factor and residual on a v6 lux, 15k/36 months. Thanks again!
    tfabrizio said:

Looking for a money factor and residual on a v6 lux, 15k/36 months. Thanks again!

.00040 and 43%. $6000 lease cash.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• firesquall001firesquall001 Posts: 2
    edited November 2015
    Am looking for a lease w/Tech and driver assistance, gas, 10K/36 months. Thank you, Michaell for quick headsup!

Am looking for a lease w/Tech and driver assistance, 10K/36 months. Thank you!

Gas or TDI?

• Michaell said:

Gas or TDI?
    Gas, Thanks Michaell

Michaell said:

Gas or TDI?
    Gas, Thanks Michaell
    .00040 and 46%. $6000 lease cash.

• jpp75jpp75 DenverPosts: 1,403
    Michaell said:

Gas or TDI?
    I thought there was a stop sell on the TDI right now?
    edited November 2015
    jpp5862 said:
    Gas or TDI?
     I guess we'll know next month when the lease numbers come out.  The November lease numbers are empty for the 2.0 L TDI 

• jpp75jpp75 DenverPosts: 1,403
    Michaell said:

jpp5862 said:

Gas or TDI?

I guess we'll know next month when the lease numbers come out.  The November lease numbers are empty for the 2.0 L TDI 

Makes sense, I know all the dealers I've looked at have taken the TDIs off their website and one semi-local dealer has all the TDI models (2.0 and 3.0) parked in an empty lot behind the dealership just sitting there.
  • talon4x4talon4x4 Posts: 21
    edited December 2015
    Nevermind. Wife doesn't like the Touareg and I couldn't delete the comment. :-)
    talon4x4 said:

Nevermind. Wife doesn't like the Touareg and I couldn't delete the comment. :-)

LOL... okay.

My wife really wants a Macan. Here is hoping your wife doesn't feel the same way!

Edmunds Moderator

• parris69parris69 Posts: 24
    edited December 2015
    Can we get the December numbers for V6 LUX 3 yrs 10k / yr lease?

thanks!
    parris69 said:

thanks!

.00040 and 49%. $4750 lease cash.

• Michaell said:

thanks!
    Thanks Michaell!

so $618 / mo for 36months, 0 down, 10k / yr miles on a V6 Lux doesn't seem to be a good deal, right? Colorado...

parris69 said:

Michaell said:

parris69 said:

thanks!

Thanks Michaell!

so $618 / mo for 36months, 0 down, 10k / yr miles on a V6 Lux doesn't seem to be a good deal, right? Colorado...

Would need to know the MSRP and selling price, plus the tax rate, to fully evaluate the quote.

Which dealer?

• Michaell said:
    Michaell said:

thanks!
    Thanks Michaell!

Would need to know the MSRP and selling price, plus the tax rate, to fully evaluate the quote. Which dealer?
    $46,610 + Tax (6.825), MSRP $55,180
    deqler is called Emich Volkswagen

thank you!
    parris69 said:

Michaell said:

parris69 said:

Michaell said:

parris69 said:

thanks!

Thanks Michaell!

Would need to know the MSRP and selling price, plus the tax rate, to fully evaluate the quote.

Which dealer?

thank you!

I get $612/mo with those numbers. Only way to improve on the quote is to get a lower selling price.

Have you reached out to other VW dealers in Denver? McDonald, perhaps? Get the dealers to compete against each other to earn your business.

• Michaell said:
    Michaell said:
    Michaell said:

thanks!
    Thanks Michaell!

Would need to know the MSRP and selling price, plus the tax rate, to fully evaluate the quote. Which dealer?

thank you!
    I get $612/mo with those numbers. Only way to improve on the quote is to get a lower selling price. Have you reached out to other VW dealers in Denver? McDonald, perhaps? Get the dealers to compete against each other to earn your business.
    Will reach out to McDonald today!
    thank you so much for your help!

• The other dealer offered $599/mo first months payment on them... 

I'm just a bit concerned about a new Touareg model coming out soon with (probably) better technology and stuff...?
    parris69 said:

The other dealer offered $599/mo first months payment on them... 

I'm just a bit concerned about a new Touareg model coming out soon with (probably) better technology and stuff...?

But the lease numbers won't be as good ....

Word of advice ... don't negotiate the payment, negotiate the selling price just as if you were buying. Then, make sure the MF isn't marked up and extra fees aren't slipped in. That will get you the best lease payment.

• morekolmorekol Posts: 16
    edited December 2015
    Can I have the MF and Residual numbers for 2016 Lux Gas version for 3 years 12k/year please? The numbers I see are for 10K I think.
    Also, can you itemize this $4750 lease cash, all I see on VW's web site is $1k loyalty (which does not apply to me) or $1.5k competitor discount.
    Final question, what do you think about the car itself, I see dealers only carry between 1 to 3 of these, makes me wonder what is the reason for that, people don't like it, recent issues VW had, ... ?
    ps, I am looking in to Los Angeles are dealers.
    Thanks,
    morekol said:

Can I have the MF and Residual numbers for 2016 Lux Gas version for 3 years 12k/year please? The numbers I see are for 10K I think.
    Also, can you itemize this $4750 lease cash, all I see on VW's web site is $1k loyalty (which does not apply to me) or $1.5k competitor discount.
    Final question, what do you think about the car itself, I see dealers only carry between 1 to 3 of these, makes me wonder what is the reason for that, people don't like it, recent issues VW had, ... ?
    ps, I am looking in to Los Angeles are dealers.
    Thanks,

.00040 and 48% for 36/12.

The $4750 lease cash is a factory to dealer incentive; use that knowledge to negotiate your best deal.

These are kind of pricey compared to the competition (Pilot, Highlander, QX60), hence the big incentives. Guess you'd have to test drive one to see if it's your cup of tea.

• morekolmorekol Posts: 16
    edited December 2015
    Thanks for your response. So that 4750 to dealer cash incentive is in addition to the 1500 lease rebate they have. TrueCar.com shows a minimum price of around 49.5k for a 55.5k config, I wonder if that includes this 4750 or not!
    We were thinking of getting a Mercedes GLC but finding one with the packages we wanted is so difficult as the car is very new. You are right, we'll test drive the car to see if that is something my wife would even like. At least the car does look good (I think).
    Thanks.
  • We test drove the 2016 TDI version before they were pulled. It is practically the same as a Porsche minus the price tag. The engine is slightly smaller as well so the get up and go wont compare, but the body and ride is the same. I absolutely love the vehicle. I wish it wasn't quite as expensive. If it was 5 - 8k cheaper we would own one, but the price tag Volkswagen has on it is kind of silly. Good luck!
  • Ended up buying a 2016 LUX V6. 10k miles / yr, 36months. Sign and drive event so 0 down, first month payment on VW, $599/mo out the door. The adaptive cruise is a lot of fun, car rides great, seats are comfortable... 

They are pricy compared to other German brands but honestly, I couldn't get any other German SUV's price even close to this with similar equipment.

Also, a similarily equipped Touareg in Central Europe runs close to $82k USD. Not to mention they're built just a few hundred miles from there.

Happy New Year!