Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 Subaru Crosstrek Lease Questions

Comments

• iutoddiutodd Member Posts: 27
    Thanks! Those 24 month numbers are not good.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,184
    iutodd said:

Thanks! Those 24 month numbers are not good.

Subaru is encouraging 36 month leases....

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Yeah that makes sense. I've been all over the map thinking about a new car and the Crosstrek seems like a decent combo of size and comfort. I really don't want an SUV. So it's either the Crosstrek or the Outback I guess..
    iutodd said:

Yeah that makes sense. I've been all over the map thinking about a new car and the Crosstrek seems like a decent combo of size and comfort. I really don't want an SUV. So it's either the Crosstrek or the Outback I guess..

You might want to drive it. I had one as a loaner when the wife's Outback was in for service. I liked it well enough, but not 100% certain I could live with the CVT and 4-cylinder every day. The Crosstrek is kinda heavy compared to the Impreza.

But it looks so much cooler ..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

I think I'm gonna drive both the Outback and Crosstrek this weekend. Both have 2017 models starting to flow into dealers so the 2016s seem to have decent enough deals on them right now....
    And part of the reason for purchasing this vehicle is to have a solid road trip companion - I think the Outback might be better suited to road trip duty. We can't afford a 3.6 but I think a 2.5i will be OK.
    iutodd said:

And part of the reason for purchasing this vehicle is to have a solid road trip companion - I think the Outback might be better suited to road trip duty. We can't afford a 3.6 but I think a 2.5i will be OK.

We took our Outback (3.6R) from our home in CO to AZ last summer. Got a solid 28 MPG for almost 2000 miles, most of which was 80MPH interstate. Awesome cruiser, and great range with the large gas tank.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• mmiektranmmiektran Member Posts: 2
    Hi, looking to lease a crosstrek premium w/eyesight+ starlink+blindspot+rear x. MSRP is 26532., down to 24,500. Looking for MF and residual for MA.
    mmiektran said:

Hi, looking to lease a crosstrek premium w/eyesight+ starlink+blindspot+rear x. MSRP is 26532., down to 24,500. Looking for MF and residual for MA.

What lease term and how many miles per year?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• mmiektranmmiektran Member Posts: 2
    36 months and 10/12 k
    mmiektran said:

mmiektran said:

36 months and 10/12 k

.00165 and 67% / 66%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• pbx9188pbx9188 Member Posts: 16
    Looking for MF and Residual on a 36/12 for a 2016 Subaru Crosstrek 2.0i Limited w/ Moonroof+Nav+Keyless Access. MSRP $29,046 asking $27,062. Thanks in advance
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,968
    pbx9188 said:

Looking for MF and Residual on a 36/12 for a 2016 Subaru Crosstrek 2.0i Limited w/ Moonroof+Nav+Keyless Access. MSRP $29,046 asking $27,062. Thanks in advance

.00160 MF and 66% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• ak062414ak062414 Member Posts: 6
    Hi, could you please advise MF and Residual on a 36/12 for a 2016 Subaru Crosstrek 2.0i Special Edition (Pure Red). MSRP of $26,870 in NJ. Thank you.
    ak062414 said:

Hi, could you please advise MF and Residual on a 36/12 for a 2016 Subaru Crosstrek 2.0i Special Edition (Pure Red). MSRP of $26,870 in NJ. Thank you.

66% and .00165

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• ak062414ak062414 Member Posts: 6
    Thank you very much!
  • weswazweswaz Member Posts: 23
    Do lease figures not come out until the 1st of the month? Will a dealer ever have access to them before the beginning of the month? I've got one dealer with a 2016 coming in in the color we want before the end of the month. Another dealer won't have it until after the 1st. I'd think I'd rather wait until July if a lower MF was available, even at the expense of a lower residual, assuming the payment was about the same.
    weswaz said:

Do lease figures not come out until the 1st of the month? Will a dealer ever have access to them before the beginning of the month? I've got one dealer with a 2016 coming in in the color we want before the end of the month. Another dealer won't have it until after the 1st. I'd think I'd rather wait until July if a lower MF was available, even at the expense of a lower residual, assuming the payment was about the same.

The sales manager might get the info on the evening of the 30th, but that's about it, as far as early warning.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jake1965jake1965 Member Posts: 3
    Looking for MF and Risidual on a 2016 Crosstrek Limited 2.0i moonroof and winter package. MSRP 27,300.  12k, 36mos.  Lease. Upstate NY.
    jake1965 said:

Looking for MF and Risidual on a 2016 Crosstrek Limited 2.0i moonroof and winter package. MSRP 27,300.  12k, 36mos.  Lease. Upstate NY.

65% and .00145

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• sloki33sloki33 Member Posts: 1
    First time poster.  I live in the Bay Area and I was wondering if this seems like a fair deal.  Crosstrek limited option package 23(moonroof, eyesight, keyless access).

MSRP $28,849
    S/P $26,003
    $995 down
    15k miles/year 36 month lease
    payment (including tax) $347/month.  

Thanks in advance.
    sloki33 said:

First time poster.  I live in the Bay Area and I was wondering if this seems like a fair deal.  Crosstrek limited option package 23(moonroof, eyesight, keyless access).

MSRP $28,849
    S/P $26,003
    $995 down
    15k miles/year 36 month lease
    payment (including tax) $347/month.  

Thanks in advance.

63% and .00145.

Using your prices, I get a payment of $282/mo before tax.

I would ask the dealer to provide the adjusted capitalized cost - if higher than your selling price, find out what's been added in.

And, get a full accounting of what the $995 up front covers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• djwdjwdjwdjw Member Posts: 21
    Hello, Looking for the residual and mf 36/12 for Crosstreks (have not finalized on trim levels yet), in the DFW Texas area. Thanks
    djwdjw said:

Hello, Looking for the residual and mf 36/12 for Crosstreks (have not finalized on trim levels yet), in the DFW Texas area. Thanks

MF ranges from .00095 to .00150, 36/12 residual from 59% to 66%

When you know what trim you land on, we can get more specific.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

I am presuming that it will be a

2.0i Premium CVT

or a

2.0i Limited CVT
    djwdjw said:

I am presuming that it will be a

2.0i Premium CVT

or a

2.0i Limited CVT

.00150 MF and 65% residual for Premium
    .00145 MF and 65% residual for Limited

36/12.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• colorado33colorado33 Member Posts: 23
    edited August 2016
    Hello,

I'm looking at a 2.0 Limited CVT w/ EyeSight/Nav/Keyless/etc. I live in Colorado, and here is what I was offered by a dealer:

Manufacturers List Price: ​ $29,440
    Internet Price: $26,222 ​ Plus $489 Dealer Handling Fee plus Tax
    36 Month Close End Lease (with approved credit)
    12,000 miles per year
    Cash due at signing: $328.28*
    35 Monthly Payments:​ $328.28*
    *Includes about 8.25% sales tax

Is this a good deal? What payment should I be looking at? (Tier 1, possibly [but unlikely] Tier 2). A big-name dealer offered me like $410/month on the same car.

Hello,

I'm looking at a 2.0 Limited CVT w/ EyeSight/Nav/Keyless/etc. Here's what I was offered by a dealer:

12,000 miles per year

Is this a good deal? What payment should I be looking at? (Tier 1, possibly [but unlikely] Tier 2).
    36/12 on Crosstrek Limited is 65% and .00145 for tier 1. Tier 2 MF is .00170

We would need to know the adjusted cap cost - the "Internet Price" plus all taxes and fees you are adding into the deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Wow, thanks for the fast reply! I've just emailed the dealer for that info. Is the money factor better on a 10k/year lease?

Wow, thanks for the fast reply! I've just emailed the dealer for that info. Is the money factor better on a 10k/year lease?

Money factor is the same. The residual goes up 1% compared to 12K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited August 2016
    I just got the numbers back from the dealer:

12,000 miles per year

for the 12,000 mile lease I have quoted you the MF is 0.00145, Residual is 65% of MSRP and the adjusted cap cost is $27,613.20

I just got the numbers back from the dealer:

12,000 miles per year

for the 12,000 mile lease I have quoted you the MF is 0.00145, Residual is 65% of MSRP and the adjusted cap cost is $27,613.20
    I get the same payment, to the penny.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited August 2016
    Does anyone know (ballpark) what the credit score thresholds are for each tier? I have a 658-679 FICO between all 3 (from myFICO) and my now-seemingly-unscrupulous dealer is trying to tell me that is Tier 2-3 and that I am wrong about my score. Most importantly though: what is the MF for Tier 3?

Does anyone know (ballpark) what the credit score thresholds are for each tier? I have a 658-679 FICO between all 3 (from myFICO) and my now-seemingly-unscrupulous dealer is trying to tell me that is Tier 2-3 and that I am wrong about my score. Most importantly though: what is the MF for Tier 3?

I don't have ballpark numbers; I have the specific scores for each credit tier.

Tier 1 (which we quote) is for any score 700 or higher.

Tier 2 (680-699); add .00025 to tier 1 MF
    Tier 3 (660-679); add .00050
    Tier 4 (660 or lower); add .00080

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• subarurookiesubarurookie Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2016
    I am from CO and looking to lease a Subaru Crosstrek Premium with EyeSight. Firstly, what is the money factor and residual on the premium trim at 36/10 (so that I can double check their math).

Secondly- I was offered this on a 36/10 lease:
    MSRP: $26,840
    Selling Price/Adj Cap Cost: $24,159
    Money Factor: .00150
    Payment: $276/month plus tax

When I calculate this myself, I get (rounding) $245, but my dealer says that I am wrong.
    Another dealer told me I was forgetting about "acquisition" and documentation" fees (but wouldn't those have been included in the adj. cap cost I was given?).

I am from CO and looking to lease a Subaru Crosstrek Premium with EyeSight. Firstly, what is the money factor and residual on the premium trim at 36/10 (so that I can double check their math).

Secondly- I was offered this on a 36/10 lease:
    MSRP: $26,840
    Selling Price/Adj Cap Cost: $24,159
    Money Factor: .00150
    Payment: $276/month plus tax

When I calculate this myself, I get (rounding) $245, but my dealer says that I am wrong.
    Another dealer told me I was forgetting about "acquisition" and documentation" fees (but wouldn't those have been included in the adj. cap cost I was given?).

66% and .00150 for Crosstrek Premium.

With your prices, as is, I get $242/mo plus tax.

Confirm with the dealer what they are using as the "adjusted" cap cost - it may be different from the selling price you've been quoted to allow for the acquisition and dealer fees.

Which dealer is this?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• subarurookiesubarurookie Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2016
    -

Flatirons

No experience with them .. we bought the wife's Outback from Groove on Broadway.

Confirm the cap cost they are using to get their payment .. the math doesn't lie.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Hopefully this is not a dumb question, but honda captive leases include gap protection and maybe a few other benefits. Does the Subaru captive fin/lease include similar?
    djwdjw said:

Hopefully this is not a dumb question, but honda captive leases include gap protection and maybe a few other benefits. Does the Subaru captive fin/lease include similar?

Yes. The only major brand that does not bundle gap is Toyota.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited August 2016
    Thanks for your help Michaell, was able to lease a Crosstrek premium pkg 14 for > $700 under the (edmunds) published "invoice" price with @ the above tier 1 36/12 lease numbers. The only dealer shenanigans I later detected was charging me for the TX dealer inventory tax ($48) - they try everything to get the last $. Got a Subaru sunshade after complaining about that :)

FWIW, I continue to be wowed by the little Crosstrek (which is primarily my daughters car) and Eyesight. I think I will put an Outback or Forester on my short list.
    djwdjw said:

Thanks for your help Michaell, was able to lease a Crosstrek premium pkg 14 for > $700 under the (edmunds) published "invoice" price with @ the above tier 1 36/12 lease numbers. The only dealer shenanigans I later detected was charging me for the TX dealer inventory tax ($48) - they try everything to get the last $. Got a Subaru sunshade after complaining about that :)

FWIW, I continue to be wowed by the little Crosstrek (which is primarily my daughters car) and Eyesight. I think I will put an Outback or Forester on my short list.

Congrats! My wife loves her Outback with Eyesight.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• logitraxlogitrax Member Posts: 98
    Hello! Any changes for September Money Factor and Residual for the Premium and Limited trims? I'm in New York.

Thanks for all you do!
    logitrax said:

Hello! Any changes for September Money Factor and Residual for the Premium and Limited trims? I'm in New York.

Thanks for all you do!

What term and mileage?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

logitrax said:

Thanks for all you do!

What term and mileage?
    Oops, sorry about that! 36 months, 12k per year. Thanks so much!
    logitrax said:

kyfdx said:

logitrax said:

Thanks for all you do!

What term and mileage?
    Premium: .00120 MF and 63% residual
    Limited: .00115 MF and 63% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

logitrax said:

kyfdx said:

logitrax said:

Thanks for all you do!

What term and mileage?
    Premium: .00120 MF and 63% residual
    Limited: .00115 MF and 63% residual
    Thanks a lot - very much appreciated!
  • Want to know if this is a good lease deal:
    Subaru Crosstrek 2016 Limited
    San Francisco
    MSRP $28,918
    Popular Package #1 ($624)
    Auto Dimming Mirror w/Compass
    Rear Bumper Cover
    Splash Guards
    All Weather Floor Mats
    Rear Seat Back Protector
    Also: Moonroof, Keyless pushbutton, Nav
    36 months 10000 miles per year with 1000 down payment
    Monthly Payment is 363

Want to know if this is a good lease deal:
    San Francisco
    MSRP $28,918
    Rear Bumper Cover
    Splash Guards
    All Weather Floor Mats
    Rear Seat Back Protector
    Monthly Payment is 363

What is the adjusted cap cost the dealer is using to quote that payment?

64% and .00115

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Michaell said:

Want to know if this is a good lease deal:
    San Francisco
    MSRP $28,918
    Rear Bumper Cover
    Splash Guards
    All Weather Floor Mats
    Rear Seat Back Protector
    Monthly Payment is 363

What is the adjusted cap cost the dealer is using to quote that payment?

64% and .00115
    Hmm, not sure. I have someone doing the work for me.
    (Truth be told, trying to decide between the Crosstrek Limited and VW Golf SE - i know very different cars - both around the same price range.)