Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• Options
    anythngbutgmanythngbutgm Member Posts: 4,277
    edited October 2013
    Model S in that new Toyota Green color that is used on the new RAV4 and Corolla. Very sharp color IMO...

A new XC60 in a really sharp Mahogany color, second one I've seen and it's really vibrant. The new S60 and XC60 have had some subtle but classy revisions this year. I like.

Co-worker of mine actually bought a new Mitsubushi Mirage. My gosh it's tiny. I'm not sure if I was shocked at seeing 14" rims on a model circa 2014 or the styling that looks circa 2004... Even in white it just looks so dorky. Still she is getting 45mpg currently in mixed driving and that's with less than 1000 miles. I guess if your on a budget...

GO SOX!!!
  • Options
    ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Unfortunately low cost is the only appealing characteristic. The Mirage makes a Versa Note seem exciting.
  • Options
    Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,971
    Saw a new green Corolla LE at my neighbors house this morning so I went out to investigate. Great color and I liked the lines of the car...interior was pretty neat looking though I didn't care for the light brown interior, looks like it will show all the dirt that cars pick up. Looks like a 3/4 Camry which isn't a bad thing and it definitely looks better than the Civic, so much better! I think Toyota will move a bunch of these puppies over the next few years though when I went to their website, the nicer versions are getting a bit pricey. Probably best to wait awhile to purchase so the market place can settle the prices at their correct levels. But that green color really made me stand up and notice this vehicle as I don't think I've seen this color from any other make yet. Toyota took a big gamble here...and I think it is going to pay off nicely for them!

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Options
    fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,176
    Saw a 2014 X5 on the road, evolution.
  • Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,325
    a black and white PIU asking me if I had seen some door to door solicitors.
    They didn't have permits.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    CLA 250 on K street here in DC. Looked blacked out, factory appearance package? I bet a lot of them sell that way.
  • Options
    I've seen a dark trim car like that here too, and it was at the dealer. I don't know if so much aftermarket stuff has hit the market here in NA, I suspect it is factory.

I read that almost 2000 CLA sold in the first week - the hype period of course, but still fairly impressive.
  • Options
    That's what I was thinking - so new it must be factory.

The price tag will draw in a lot of Camcord shoppers, though I doubt they'll find many under $35k or so on the lots.
  • Options
    I think 34K is as low as I have seen it. It's not very big, so Camcord people might not want it - but C and 3er buyers might want the style.

2015 C-class render released

Baby S-class, indeed.
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,365
    The 2 CLA's my local MB dealer had were stickered at $37-38K each.

I think it will be almost impossible to find one without options.

At the BMW dealer last weekend, every 320i was equipped with x-drive and some sort of package and were marked at $35K or above.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    That's too much for the very low output that engine produces.

I wonder how easy it would be to tune the 320i to 325i levels. Probably not hard.
  • Options
    Don't forget, it's BMW horsepower.
  • Options
    on a car carrier. Black and looked pretty pretty good from across the highway.
    Also, a new Tiguan in the parking lot at work.
  • Options
    texasestexases Member Posts: 10,711
    First one I've see, white, black wheels (ugh), good overall. Taillights didn't remind me too much of the Camaro. Think I'd like it better in black with silver wheels.
  • Options
    That black wheels thing doesn't appeal to me at all, flat or glossy.
  • Options
    tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,932
    My buddies new Focus is silver with almost all black wheels. For some reason, it looks pretty good on that car. Generally, I'm in the hate crowd for black wheels and also these matte black paint jobs.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,558
    maybe we need an "I spotted a middle aged interesting car" thread?

anyway, neighbor up the street seems to have gotten himself another toy. There is a red (very red) Saturn Sky in his driveway. No plates yet, so I assume a temp tag in the front window. Can't recall last time I saw one of those!

not stock. The paint looks odd to me. Almost like Matte, but too bright. Just looks off. And having driven by when he is playing with it, Lambo doors! That car also looks hideous with the top up. Very kit car-ish.

He is somewhere in him mid-40s at least with a couple of early teen boys. Daily driver is a 2010 or so Stang GT in burgundy, and he already has a C4 Vette in the garage that I have not seen him drive in ages. So not sure what this odditiy is for!

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    lemkolemko Member Posts: 15,261
    ...a silver Cadillac XTS hearse! I thought the funeral car industry gave up on Cadillac when they dumped the DTS, but I was proven wrong.
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    I wouldn't be caught dead in a car like that.
  • Options
    I think the most hearse-like modern car is the Lincoln MKT, which doesn't appear to be a tough conversion:

• Options
    berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    Now that just ain't right. Did J Mays try to emulate the new Honda Odyssey?
  • Options
    robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    When designing the XTS, Cadillac consulted with the funeral car industry to ensure the XTS would be a viable vehicle for conversion.
  • Options
    imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,155
    >Odyssey

You nailed it. I looked at that Lincoln and couldn't place what was wrong about it. It's the kick in the rear beltline that's wrong.

Same thing that makes the ODDyssy, ODD.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• Options
    Saw a private plated Cadenza, and a 2014 E - the facelift seems to be selling OK.
  • Options
    Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,971
    Saw another new Forte in that blue color and it is really a nice looking mini Cadenza...I think Kia will move a whole bunch of these puppies alongside the Hyundai Elantra's...they are a nice alternative to the Honda and Toyota offerings with more features for a lower price. Not quite sure how well the new Corolla will do as I still don't see that many on the road. I still think that Honda has lost it's way in this segment and just needs to shrink the new Accord to 3/4 size and they'd have a home run on their hands!
    Was looking at Autotrader and found a local cool ride, a drop top, right down the street and am planning to take a run over there and check it out. It's the perfect color combo though it's a slush box but for me, that's perfect. It has some miles though, 88.3k, but for a toy I don't think that's totally terrible. It's a 2005 325Ci drop top in a stellar gray over gray combo and I am going to go over tomorrow to take a gander just to see. I know the misses would go nuts if I brought this puppy home but I think in time, she would absolutely love it and even drive it to be honest. By doing this, I could split my miles between it and the Civic and just keep the Civic longer cause it really is so cheap to keep and it's paid for. I can pay cash for this one also and they're asking $11,495 but who knows how long it has sat on their lot. Bet if I offered them $10.4k they'd probably take it but would love to start down around $10k and come up a bit. Doubt they have a line of folks wanting this puppy as the color combo might not be everyone's favorite, seems black or white does a lot better down south here for some reason. Saw it earlier on Autotrader and it was calling to me for some reason...it is calling my name! And how much fun it could be for all of us to!

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Options
    a new 2013 Corolla. EEEK.
  • Options
    Just saw a Ferrari FF station wagon
  • Options
    way better than my post. :)
  • Options
    anythngbutgmanythngbutgm Member Posts: 4,277
    New 3-Series GT, actually liked this one a lot. It doesn't have that ungainly, fat rear that the 5-series version has...
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    a new MDX and on the way home 2 new 2014 Corolla's. They remind me a lot of the last gen Ford Focus.
  • Options
    bright blue with an AT. pretty sharp and nice interior. sat in one at the BMW dealer.

• Options
    Today saw a yellow 2014 Corvette and 2x CLA.
    here
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,409
    I saw a whole truckload of C7 Corvettes.... They ship them with custom car covers on... the wheels are uncovered (chrome, ugh), and there are plastic panels so they can see to drive them on and off the trailer.. We are about three hours north of the factory.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    ...I spotted a CLA being driven by a fairly young man.

Shortly thereafter I spotted a 640 grand coupe being driven by what looked like a 17 yo kid with similar looking passengers. He pulled into a local college campus so I followed the car until it pulled into one of the student lots. Someone is having a nice college experience.
  • Options
    texasestexases Member Posts: 10,711
    edited November 2013
    "the wheels are uncovered (chrome, ugh)"

Tough call, which do I like less, chrome or black wheels...I pick both ;-)

edit - on a Stingray, that is. Overall, black wheels bug me more.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,409
    I've seen some black wheel applications that I really like... but, chrome on a modern car almost always looks terrible... especially if the car is supposed to be sporty...

So, I'm voting against chrome more than black... ;-)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,365
    I think it depends upon the application.

I see a lot of big black wheels on jacked up pickups and Jeeps that I think look pretty good.

I put some black aftermarket wheels on my Saturn ION - they did have silver on the hub, so they weren't totally cheesy, IMO.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    my daughter texted me this AM when she got to school telling me she saw a nice white 128i BMW with the red seats. In student parking, so apparently another of the kids living in one of the houses we can't afford go a license and a car they shouldn't have.

saddest thing, every car in the HS lot ends up looking like a Taliban ride by the end of the years with dents and scratches. the idea of sending something that nice to that parking lot upsets me!

• Options
    I can deal with chromes on a few luxury cars, especially older models, but don't like them on new mainstream cars. Black wheels are a bit douchey for me, unless they are really discrete - they seem to double the aggression on lifted trucks. Chromes on a Vette aren't offensive to me - I see the vehicle as still being a midlife crisis car for middle class guys who have dreamed about it, and that "style" seems to go with the territory. Kind of anachronistic, but it's the target market.
  • Options
    Funny thing, it's actually a "Gran Coupe", like on a big 70s Mopar. "Gran Fury" comes to mind as well, and "Gran Torino". Not sure why BMW suits chose the name.

And for the car, gotta love the trust funders/devilspawn of crooked investor visa types. Or it could be a real bootstrapper, right.
  • Options
    And for the car, gotta love the trust funders/devilspawn of crooked investor visa types. Or it could be a real bootstrapper, right.

I can't comment on the source of the kid's family money - it can be the son of a dentist or the son of a gangster. Being a member of the lucky gene club isn't an issue to me. It's what that member does for himself in the future is what matters.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Dentists buy their kids 90K cars to take to college? I know the northeast is an insane den of financial witchcraft and thuggery, but that seems a bit much.

Someone that spoiled will probably do no more than declaring themselves "self employed" while working for a family business, while saying they "built it" and that more breaks are needed to create jobs and that things will trickle down.
  • Options
    The real bootstrappers drive hoopties, work vans, or beat-up pickup trucks. They have nothing to prove.
  • Options
    I bought a $650 car at 16 that I was still driving in college. Not all us Northeasterners are corporate gangsters, thugs, and criminals.
  • Options
    True.

I inherited a 1972 Old Cutlass from my immigrant parents in 1981. I traded it on a 1984 Cavalier while in college - I worked almost 40 hours a week to pay for it and my tuition going full time at a state college.
  • Options
    tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,932
    I've got chrome wheels on my 2012 LaCrosse. I think on that car it works, especially being black.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• Options
    I can live with that, or really, on a Caddy too - the brand is supposed to have panache, and not be a total Euro clone. Just no whitewall tires please.

Today spotted a Q50 and a Rolls Phantom cabrio, the latter parked in a very dull area of Glendae, stood out like a sore thumb.
  • Options
    I still have my cheap teenage car. But don't worry, I don't think corporate criminals ever drove Broughams - other kinds of criminals, well.... ;)
  • Options
    Spotted a Cadenza today.
  • Options
    andys120andys120 Member Posts: 23,392
    Saw a new Tesla S which looked very sharp until it ran a stop sign. I also spotted a Nissan Leaf, it might be the first I have seen but at a glance it's not that different than a Juke which is unaccountably fairly popular. I wondered if people look at cars before they buy them, then I saw a new Nissan Armada and thought "apparently not").

2001 BMW 330ci/E46, 2008 BMW 335i conv/E93