I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

1341342343344345347»

Comments

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 54,227
    Those Subarus are here too (along with more than a few CO transplants). I think I see it mostly on Foresters. The roof racks amuse me most, as they are on year-round and never contain anything. Weird how the overlanding thing became such a lifestyle accessory. No point in being outdoorsy if you can't show it off!
    Michaell said:

fintail said:

I had to drive the fintail through a small gravel patch in a construction zone last weekend - probably as off-road as many 4x4s see. I bet CO office parks are even more amusing than Seattle for the amount of decked out off-roaders slumbering there.

Michaell said:

fintail said:

In their natural habitat - the suburbs B)

Still haven't seen one yet. I did have a facelift E-class behind me in traffic today, I initially thought it was an A-class - using the same light design across many models is dumb IMO.

Well, I don't get the Outback off tarmac all that much, either, and I know of no Chick-Fil-A's that need to be accessed via a dirt road.
    Yep, and bro-dozers too.

The latest trend are jacked up Subarus with big knobbly off-road tires on them, an industrial-strength roof rack and a row of HID lights either across the bumper or above the windshield.
  • ab348ab348 Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CanadaMember Posts: 15,954
    Funny but the comments above made me recall riding with my Dad sometimes in the 1960s when I was a little kid. He was a real estate agent and often had to visit new subdivisions while they were under construction or sometimes when the road was just roughly bulldozed open without any roadwork yet started if he was selling the lots. His mid-60s Pontiacs and Oldsmobiles would creep along slowly over ruts and rocks, through craters, and through mud. That's with bias-ply summer tires usually. Don't recall us ever getting stuck too badly.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 44,055
    Saw a new discovery today like that. Big overland style roof basket with ladder, full size tire up there (must be fun getting that down). And some plastic stuff hanging on the sides. All ready for that safari to Costco!

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD

• boomchekboomchek Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 5,528
    So apparently this is a spy pic of the new Integra. Although it's wrapped in camo, it looks a bit generic with the typical Acura grille that I'm not a huge fan of.

This is a rendering found online, now this is what it SHOULD look like. I guess we will wait and see.

2016 Audi A7 3.0T S Line, 2021 Subaru WRX

was behind a pathfinder yesterday. Doesn't look bad overall. But has huge font letters across the back spelling out pathfinder.

• tjc78tjc78 South JerseyMember Posts: 12,847

@stickguy said:
    was behind a pathfinder yesterday. Doesn't look bad overall. But has huge font letters across the back spelling out pathfinder.

That’s Nissan’s new thing. The Rogue has it too.

2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum / 2019 Volvo S60 T6 Inscription

• sdasda Indian Land, SCMember Posts: 5,011
    tjc78 said:

@stickguy said:

That’s Nissan’s new thing. The Rogue has it too.

That seems to be a trend. VW is doing it too though the font is not as large.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 30,081
    Noticed my first 2021 Elantra yesterday. Looks like they've sadly ripped off Toyota this time around. Terribly overstyled with angles everywhere.

'21 Wrangler 4xE, '07 ML63, '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c, '14 Town&Country Limited, '10 Escape XLT v6. 56-car history and counting!

• laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 3,883
    At a stop sign, pulled up behind an Audi RS7 in a cool grey color. Kinda made my A7e look no muy macho.

A fond, but bittersweet adieu to my '13 Jaguar XF. And so, I present this laurel, and hearty handshake to the new boss; '21 Audi A7 PHEV. '09 Jag XK , '05 Acura TL, '88 Acura Integra, '84 Mitsubishi Mirage Turbo & '78 VW Scirocco ; all special to me. And, of course, the '92 Nissan Sentra SE-R and '95 Saab 900s I bought for the ex... I've yet to buy a car I didn't like. Although, do I really want to drive a car that would have someone such as me as its owner?

• explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTMember Posts: 16,554
    When I was in the Cleveland area a couple of weeks ago, I saw quite a few A7/RS7's.
    2020 Ford Explorer XLT
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Coral Springs, FLMember Posts: 6,049
    While watching the Mecum auction the other night, saw a couple of 1967 Pontiac GTO's that just blew me away. They had this one maroon convertible with a black top that was an awesome combination...just awesome! Was an auto tranny as I recall, the perfect mid 60's vehicle. As for the perfect mid to late 50's one, either a 1957 or 1958 Pontiac Bonneville...both just stunning in either drop top or hard top! Ahhhh, to be able to have the resources to own & operate such Detroit iron would just be a dream come true. It would surely be the perfect world to own a few of these for everyday enjoyment!!!

2015 Audi A3 (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2)

did not mention here, but I saw and drove a new Maverick last week. Pretty impressive vehicle. assuming they can get them made should sell like hotcakes, especially once the Hybrid starts getting out there.

• ab348ab348 Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CanadaMember Posts: 15,954
    edited November 5
    In traffic today I encountered a lady driving a Mustang Mach E. When I saw it I realized I had seen them previously around here but they were so anonymous-looking that I just assumed they were another Ford CUV/SUV offering and didn't given them a second look. I got behind this one and that was when the light bulb went off. It was an blah dark gray metallic with black wheels so that didn't help. Too bad Ford didn't give it jazzier looks.

In contrast, I'm seeing new Broncos quite often, which do stand out. I think most of what I'm seeing are the regular Bronco and not the Escape-based Sport, since these ones seem on the large side. All driven by women so far, FWIW.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

I've seen several Mach E in Spokane, which somehow surprises me, but at the same time, most houses here seem to have a garage. I don't think I have seen a new big Bronco yet, which surprises me more as every third vehicle on the road here is a Toyota 4x4 with some kind of overland bric a brac. I have seen a number of Bronco Sports, local rental fleets even had/have them.
    I have seen a few Broncos on the road, and the dealer I saw the Maverick at had quite a few broncos on the lot or in the showroom.

Local dealer has a W223 S-class on display. No sticker, not listed in inventory, doesn't appear to be entirely loaded (no HUD anyway, may just be a chip/supply chain thing or not):

Oddly also had one of these new Mokes on display, I think these are EVs:

• sdasda Indian Land, SCMember Posts: 5,011
    edited November 9
    fintail said:

Local dealer has a W223 S-class on display. No sticker, not listed in inventory, doesn't appear to be entirely loaded (no HUD anyway, may just be a chip/supply chain thing or not):

With the ongoing and uncertain status of new inventory are you leaning towards buying your MB at lease end? You have such a unique and desirable car.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

Likely, yeah. I suspect in March market value will still be 10K over residual, not a lot else out there I want that I can afford, etc. With a house tugging at my wallet, even something as expensive as the used wagon seems dear, but I should be able to make it work, worst case I can sell it and make several grand even after tax.

The car is in for snow wheel change-off today, guy in the service department who took my keys oohed and aahed over it, as he hadn't seen a similar car before.
    sda said:

fintail said:

With the ongoing and uncertain status of new inventory are you leaning towards buying your MB at lease end? You have such a unique and desirable car.
    edited December 1
    Not new-new, but a sighting at work. A row of maybe 6-8 EV chargers were just installed. Today at one of them was a Citroen-esque Honda Clarity.