Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Chronic Car Buyers Anonymous

Comments

• Options
    oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,676
    venture said:

tjc78 said:

Gave Sirius up in the truck, too many other (better) options through my phone

I used it for many years. They finally made me angry enough to cancel. I thought I would miss it. I don't.

The new BMW has free it for a year, I have not used it.
    Many of the new cars I drive have Sirius for the first few months. As much as I try I just can’t find anything I like, except the Beatles channel and I can only listen to so much of that. I wish I had a channel list to scroll through. It comes in handy when in the mountains where regular radio fades out but I can’t see paying money for it.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    corvette said:

I just got a recall notice on my Kia Soul. It said something about the Kia engines needing to be reprogrammed because the computer might cause excess emissions under certain conditions.

My question is, will the reprogramming cause a lose of performance or gas mileage like in the VW emission scandal?

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,155

Many of the new cars I drive have Sirius for the first few months. As much as I try I just can’t find anything I like, except the Beatles channel and I can only listen to so much of that. I wish I had a channel list to scroll through. It comes in handy when in the mountains where regular radio fades out but I can’t see paying money for it.

On both of my GM cars, if I push on the "tuning" knob center, I see a list of all the channel numbers and their names for SiriusXM I can receive. I can scroll through them by turning the "tuning" knob. Then I hit the center again when I have one I want to listen to chosen, and the radio switches to that station.

I use that during college football season to try to listen to certain teams like the Buckeyes or Michigan finding which of the various sports channels have the game. Otherwise for music it's pretty easy just to pick my preset Soul Town station and Blend.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• Options
    My plan has been the $5/mo for 12 months plan for most of the channels that I want to have. After taxes and fees that runs about $6.75 per car.

• Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,323
    We have traditionally taken more than half a dozen long road trips a year and when on the road we like to listen to games, so Sirius is great for that. Also, I like the DJ's for a human touch.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,558
    what are you doing with the Ford?

Nice color on that truck. But man, the front ends have just become so danged huge. Something I really don't care for. Makes it too hard to see the front of the car (or anything ahead of you).

Best "car" I ever drove for front visibility? The big Freightliner Ryder truck. fairly short hood, but sloped down nicely and had very defined edges and a dead flat front. and of course you sat up very high (so the dashtop was down low too), I could get that thing within a few inches of the car ahead if I wanted, with no worries. Well, other than the scared look on the people in the car!

now backing up, let's not discuss that.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    oh, logged in to check my XM account. my annual plan goes through 6/6 so I have time. Added a note in my phone calendar (though I probably already had one) to check on that in late May.

• Options
    ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,096
    henryn said:

The only truck they had without the huge console was a leftover 2022 model, a demonstrator with 5,700 miles. They were willing to take $12k off the MSRP, but I really don’t like demonstrators. So I drove 2 blocks down to the Chevy dealer. They had a very nice 2023, with only 5 miles, and the bottom line was only $3,792 more than the Ram demonstrator. Very similar trucks. For being a year older, and having 5k miles already on the clock, I wanted more difference, but that wasn’t happening. So, I bought the Chevy!

Nice-looking body-on-frame station wagon pickup! Nice color too, I like red vehicles. :) Congrats!

But I can’t help but notice that it has the huge console?

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• Options
    henrynhenryn Member Posts: 4,289
    ab348 said:

henryn said:

The only truck they had without the huge console was a leftover 2022 model, a demonstrator with 5,700 miles. They were willing to take $12k off the MSRP, but I really don’t like demonstrators. So I drove 2 blocks down to the Chevy dealer. They had a very nice 2023, with only 5 miles, and the bottom line was only $3,792 more than the Ram demonstrator. Very similar trucks. For being a year older, and having 5k miles already on the clock, I wanted more difference, but that wasn’t happening. So, I bought the Chevy!

Nice-looking body-on-frame station wagon pickup! Nice color too, I like red vehicles. :) Congrats!

But I can’t help but notice that it has the huge console?
    No, no console. That is a fold down arm rest, and it does not interfere with my right knee. The huge center console extends out to the dash, and forces my right knee into an upright position. After an hour or so of driving with the right knee upright, it starts to ache.
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado, 2019 Chrysler Pacifica
  • Options
    stickguy said:

what are you doing with the Ford?

Nice color on that truck. But man, the front ends have just become so danged huge. Something I really don't care for. Makes it too hard to see the front of the car (or anything ahead of you).

Best "car" I ever drove for front visibility? The big Freightliner Ryder truck. fairly short hood, but sloped down nicely and had very defined edges and a dead flat front. and of course you sat up very high (so the dashtop was down low too), I could get that thing within a few inches of the car ahead if I wanted, with no worries. Well, other than the scared look on the people in the car!

now backing up, let's not discuss that.

I traded in the 2013 Ford work truck. I had an offer of $10.9 from Carvana, and took the printout with me. The dealer initially offered $10k, and I told them they had to do $10.3 to come out equal after the savings on sales tax, and they did so.

• Options
    Interesting note: The owners manual does not mention the type / weight of oil, or how many quarts it takes, or anything about an oil change. I thought maybe I was just missing it, so I downloaded a PDF copy and searched. Not there. Nothing. Easy enough to find online, but since when did they start leaving that out of the owner's manual? And a search for "service interval" returns no hits. Weird.

The salesman was bragging about the integrated Google account (you get Google maps and Google assistant without a linked smartphone), but it turns out you have to pay $24.99 a month for OnStar to get the integrated Google. I will definitely pass on that.
  • Options
    speaking of Carvana, since I am "on the clock" I decided to run my truck through Carmax, just for a reality check. They decided it was too rare or new, so I needed to take it into the store. OK, no biggie.

so since I was there, I ran the Acura. It turns 3 next month, 18,000 miles. Carmax offered $36,000 (we only paid $39,900ish for it). Told the wife we should just sell that, and keep 2 trucks! she was, let's just say, not a fan of that idea.

so I fired up Carvana and ran the Maverick. Floored to get offered only $400 less for that. Sticker was only about $30,500 or so. Now I am really curious what Carmax will offer.

too bad I am not getting the new one now, so I could try to get the dealer to match. Quite curious what they would offer but I would be shocked if it was close to that. This is probably enough to make it worth selling now to lock the money in not worry about paying sales tax on the new one. Especially since the value would have to stay high for 3 months more at least. As long as it arrives before July when i need it to take on our beach vacation!

• Options
    henryn said:

Interesting note: The owners manual does not mention the type / weight of oil, or how many quarts it takes, or anything about an oil change. I thought maybe I was just missing it, so I downloaded a PDF copy and searched. Not there. Nothing. Easy enough to find online, but since when did they start leaving that out of the owner's manual? And a search for "service interval" returns no hits. Weird.

The salesman was bragging about the integrated Google account (you get Google maps and Google assistant without a linked smartphone), but it turns out you have to pay $24.99 a month for OnStar to get the integrated Google. I will definitely pass on that.

look at the engine. might be on the oil filler cap.

• Options
    jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,566
    henryn said:

————————————————
    Well with no info about oil/change interval, are you sure you didn’t buy an electric truck.? :o

Still looks good though. Good luck with it.

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • Options
    henryn said:

It was a very nice day here in Houston. 72 degrees, sunshine, low humidity. I decided to get out of the house and do a little car shopping. Looking online, Ford had nothing in stock to interest me. They had a few, yes, but they were showing very small discounts off MSRP. So I started at the Ram dealer, and actually found one truck without the huge console. But (you knew there was going to be a “but” right?)..

They had a dealer add of 4 items, 3 x $999 and 1 x $399, a total of $3.4k. I didn’t even bother to read the sticker, I told them “cancel those items completely, honor your online price, and we can do business”. It only took about 5 minutes to close the deal. Well, actually, it took a couple of hours to get everything completed, but the negotiations only took 5 minutes. All in all, a very pleasant experience.

These pictures are lifted from the dealers web site, and they don't do justice to the color. Radiant Red Tintcoat, a $495 option.

Nice looking truck. You may like the ride better than you F-150 unless you plan on doing actual truck things with it.

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,336
    @henryn - congrats on the new truck. Does that have a special Texas package on it, based on the illegible script on the front door? What trim is it? What engine?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,438

@henryn - congrats! Sharp looking truck. I love the color! My Dad just ordered a Radiant Red Tahoe RST.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options
    Michaell said:

@henryn - congrats on the new truck. Does that have a special Texas package on it, based on the illegible script on the front door? What trim is it? What engine?

It's the LT trim level, crew cab, with the Texas Edition package. 5.3L v8, the big screen (13.4 inch) Color Touchscreen, and 12.3 inch Digital Driver Information Center.

• Options

henryn said:

It was a very nice day here in Houston. 72 degrees, sunshine, low humidity. I decided to get out of the house and do a little car shopping. Looking online, Ford had nothing in stock to interest me. They had a few, yes, but they were showing very small discounts off MSRP. So I started at the Ram dealer, and actually found one truck without the huge console. But (you knew there was going to be a “but” right?)..

They had a dealer add of 4 items, 3 x $999 and 1 x $399, a total of $3.4k. I didn’t even bother to read the sticker, I told them “cancel those items completely, honor your online price, and we can do business”. It only took about 5 minutes to close the deal. Well, actually, it took a couple of hours to get everything completed, but the negotiations only took 5 minutes. All in all, a very pleasant experience.

These pictures are lifted from the dealers web site, and they don't do justice to the color. Radiant Red Tintcoat, a $495 option.

Nice looking truck. You may like the ride better than you F-150 unless you plan on doing actual truck things with it.
    The wheelbase is fairly similar, as the F150 had the 8' bed, so the ride isn't that much different. The automotive writers all swear the Dodge (excuse me, Ram) rides much better, but I didn't notice any difference on a short test drive.

• Options
    henryn said:

Michaell said:

It's the LT trim level, crew cab, with the Texas Edition package. 5.3L v8, the big screen (13.4 inch) Color Touchscreen, and 12.3 inch Digital Driver Information Center.

Thanks! Guess I shouldn't be surprised that it's 2WD, given that you're in Texas. Hard to find any 2WD trucks here in Colorado.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,928

@henryn
    Great truck and color. Congrats!

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• Options
    ventureventure Member Posts: 2,883
    tjc78 said:

@henryn

Great truck and color. Congrats!

+1

2020 Ascent Limited, 2024 Subaru Legacy Sport

• Options
    mlevinemlevine Member Posts: 581
    Congratulations on new truck.
  • Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,950

Congrats @henryn

Good grief! $54k and not even 4wd. I probably should kept my F150 with the way these prices are. XLT 4x4 with turbo, had everything I could want, and only $48k sticker.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    edited February 2023
    henryn said:

Page 340 of your owners manual says "Viscosity Grade
    Use SAE 0W-20 viscosity grade engine oil for
    the 5.3L and 6.2L V8 engines."
    It also specifies that it should be Dexos 1 Generation 3 quality oil
    for your 5.3 liter engine.

About the maintenance schedule, GM used to do it in a spreadsheet style
    for light service and severe service in the owner manual. Now they do it in paragraph
    form. Starts on page 417 of your owner manual.

"Maintenance Schedule
    Tire Rotation and Required Services
    Every 12 000 km (7,500 mi)
    Tires are rotated to achieve a more uniform
    wear for all tires. The first rotation is the
    most important.
    Anytime unusual wear is noticed, rotate the
    tires as soon as possible, check for proper
    tire t..."

Congratulations on your new truck. And
    that color is beautiful in real light.

https://www.chevrolet.com/bypass/pcf/gma-content-api/resources/sites/GMA/content/staging/MANUALS/6000/MA6526/en_US/2.0/23_CHEV_Silverado_1500_OM_en_US_U_84883873B_2022DEC14_2P.pdf

There's a QR code on the very last page and the text
    says scanning it gives maintenance schedules.... That
    may be in spreadsheet format?

• Options
    ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,096
    henryn said:

OnStar is very expensive now. I think they have split it into 2 or 3 levels of packaging so if you want the full meal deal it gets pricey. I have never found it particularly useful although I have never needed to use it in an emergency. I guess enough people still subscribe and pay the monthly tariff that they make money though.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• Options
    mjfloyd1mjfloyd1 Member Posts: 3,280

Is there much difference between the 5.3 and 6.2 liter V8s?

• Options
    au1994au1994 Member Posts: 3,389
    Love the new truck and that particular red Chevy has is great. A supplier of mine has a new Silverado and the inside is really nice.

Sounds like a solid deal too.
    qbrozen said:

Congrats @henryn

Good grief! $54k and not even 4wd. I probably should kept my F150 with the way these prices are. XLT 4x4 with turbo, had everything I could want, and only $48k sticker.

Funny, I feel like Pavlov’s dog with this market. I saw the sticker price and thought “hey, thats a good price” 😟

2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe Granite Crystal over Saddle
    2024 Audi Q5 Premium Plus Daytona Gray over Beige
    2017 BMW X1 Jet Black over Mocha

• Options
    mjfloyd1 said:

Is there much difference between the 5.3 and 6.2 liter V8s?

In terms of what? Performance? Gas mileage? Price? Design?

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options
    qbrozen said:

Congrats @henryn

If you built the exact same F150 you had a few years ago, what would it's current sticker price be?

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,343

On both of my GM cars, if I push on the "tuning" knob center, I see a list of all the channel numbers and their names for SiriusXM I can receive. I can scroll through them by turning the "tuning" knob. Then I hit the center again when I have one I want to listen to chosen, and the radio switches to that station.

I use that during college football season to try to listen to certain teams like the Buckeyes or Michigan finding which of the various sports channels have the game. Otherwise for music it's pretty easy just to pick my preset Soul Town station and Blend.

When I had the Audi TDI, as you scrolled, it displayed the actual song playing on each channel, as well. I really liked that feature.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,343
    @henryn Nice truck! Congrats!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    nyccarguy said:

qbrozen said:

Congrats @henryn

If you built the exact same F150 you had a few years ago, what would it's current sticker price be?
    Good question.

Let's see...

Hmmm... can't recall if I had heated seats. Well, without them, I come up with $57,280. So almost a 19% increase in 5 model years. Nearly 4%/year.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    ab348 said:

henryn said:

OnStar is very expensive now. I think they have split it into 2 or 3 levels of packaging so if you want the full meal deal it gets pricey. I have never found it particularly useful although I have never needed to use it in an emergency. I guess enough people still subscribe and pay the monthly tariff that they make money though.
    The '06 ION we bought for my stepdaughter to take to college had OnStar - we thought that was a good feature as she was driving back and forth to school pretty much every weekend (100 miles, one way). Never had to use it in an emergency, but it was nice to be able to talk to her while she was on the road (the service had its own phone number for the car).

IIRC, the '08 VUE also had OnStar, and we used the service a few times for step-by-step directions to be sent to the car (this was before smart phones, Google Maps, and in-car navigation).

Now, I'm not sure I see the point of it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    edited February 2023

@nyccarguy said:
    In terms of what? Performance? Gas mileage? Price? Design?

Performance, reliability

Seems like on Leasehackr, some shun the 5.3 but I have no idea why

• Options
    The 5.3 had issues in the past. Not sure if they've been resolved. I don't keep up on it.

• Options
    OnStar had a tracking ability, besides the stolen car tracking implemented with police department involvement. For a few dollars a month, owner of the car could see where the car was in almost real time. That would be very good for folks with youngsters driving the cars, locally or off at college.

• Options
    breldbreld Member Posts: 6,710
    @henryn - congrats on the truck! Looks great!

2024 Audi Q8 e-tron - 2024 Corvette - 2024 BMW X5 - 2023 Tesla Model Y

• Options
    breldbreld Member Posts: 6,710
    Taking the E450 in for regular service later this morning so I’ll get to browse the Mercedes lot.

I picked up the Polestar earlier this week. First off, they said it would be ready on Monday, but I got no call. So left a message at the end of the day. Nothing on Tuesday with additional follow up by me. Finally, Wednesday morning I called the Volvo service (which is the same location) just so I could talk to someone, and they guy says the Polestar service advisor has been out sick and I should have received a notification to that effect.

Now…I have sympathy for someone getting sick, but if one advisor goes out sick and the service department can’t pick up the slack, it makes me at least a bit apprehensive about dropping $85k on a Polestar 3.

And the bill was over $800…new tire, wheel repair and an alignment. Tire was marked up over what the online stores say (though to be fair, all of those were back ordered), install of the tire was $60 (huh?) and there was a “shop charge” of like $45. I asked the service manager about that and he seemed to stumble on the explanation, but I gathered it’s a percentage surcharge they tack on to the bill to “cover shop materials.”

Expensive pothole encounter.

2024 Audi Q8 e-tron - 2024 Corvette - 2024 BMW X5 - 2023 Tesla Model Y

• Options
    au1994au1994 Member Posts: 3,389
    qbrozen said:

The 5.3 had issues in the past. Not sure if they've been resolved. I don't keep up on it.

My fleet guys tell me its valve train related but usually doesn’t appear until 150k+ miles.

2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe Granite Crystal over Saddle
    2024 Audi Q5 Premium Plus Daytona Gray over Beige
    2017 BMW X1 Jet Black over Mocha

• Options

@kyfdx said:
    0.9 liters

No it’s 900 mL😂

• Options
    @breld, IIRC it was your dealings with the service department that caused you to drop the Discovery.

That's a bummer of a bill, however.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,928

Most of the 5.3’s issues are related to the cylinder deactivation from what I’ve read.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• Options
    28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,396
    breld said:

Taking the E450 in for regular service later this morning so I’ll get to browse the Mercedes lot.

I picked up the Polestar earlier this week. First off, they said it would be ready on Monday, but I got no call. So left a message at the end of the day. Nothing on Tuesday with additional follow up by me. Finally, Wednesday morning I called the Volvo service (which is the same location) just so I could talk to someone, and they guy says the Polestar service advisor has been out sick and I should have received a notification to that effect.

Now…I have sympathy for someone getting sick, but if one advisor goes out sick and the service department can’t pick up the slack, it makes me at least a bit apprehensive about dropping $85k on a Polestar 3.

And the bill was over $800…new tire, wheel repair and an alignment. Tire was marked up over what the online stores say (though to be fair, all of those were back ordered), install of the tire was $60 (huh?) and there was a “shop charge” of like $45. I asked the service manager about that and he seemed to stumble on the explanation, but I gathered it’s a percentage surcharge they tack on to the bill to “cover shop materials.”

Expensive pothole encounter.

You should look into submitting it to the municipality for reimbursement. I've had some success with that in the past.
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
  • Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,323
    edited February 2023
    I've seen this on several YT channels with current model trucks. Not sure how prevalent it is.

From a GM centric site.

A few days ago, we published a report highlighting the valve lifter issues some General Motors customers were experiencing in certain vehicles equipped with either its 5.3L V8 L84 gasoline engine or 6.2L V8 L87 gasoline engine. In light of this article, we’ve decided to provide some insight into how GM typically handles valve lifter issues on vehicles still covered under warranty.

If a customer brings their vehicle to a GM dealership and reports a valve lifter problem, the dealership will first determine whether or not the customer has experienced a previous valve lifter issue with this particular vehicle. If they have not and the vehicle has less than 8,000 miles on the odometer, the dealer will replace the lifters on both cylinder banks. If the vehicle has more than 8,000 miles, only one bank of lifters will be replaced.

If the customer has experienced prior valve lifter failures, dealers can choose one of three options: replace one bank of lifters and offer the customer a 60-month, 100,000-mile Powertrain Component Coverage Letter, replace the entire engine, or reach out to the District Manager of Aftersales for further guidance. The solutions are similar for a customer that has experienced valve lifter issues in the past and had one bank of lifters replaced. In this case, the dealer can replace one bank of lifters and offer a 60-month, 100,000-mile Powertrain Component Coverage Letter or reach out to the District Manager of Aftersales.

The aforementioned valve lifter problem affects 2019-and-later model-year Chevy Silverado 1500 and GMC Sierra 1500 pickups, as well as 2021 model-year full-size GM SUVs, including the Cadillac Escalade, Chevy Suburban, Chevy Tahoe, and GMC Yukon. More information on the issue is available in our dedicated report.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    sdasda Member Posts: 6,988
    tjc78 said:

Most of the 5.3’s issues are related to the cylinder deactivation from what I’ve read.

That seems to be an ongoing issue for GM all the way back to the ill fated V8-6-4 of the 81 Cadillac. Honda has had issues too with VCM. Our 2010 Pilot had a TSB that addressed the issue that we experienced around 80k. I find it curious that the new Pilot with the 3.5 V6 will no longer have that feature even though it 'improved' gas mileage.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• Options
    Dodge also has issues with its cylinder deactivation.
    I turned it off in my Charger to stop the CEL from coming on.

• Options

henryn said:

Page 340 of your owners manual says "Viscosity Grade
    Use SAE 0W-20 viscosity grade engine oil for
    the 5.3L and 6.2L V8 engines."
    It also specifies that it should be Dexos 1 Generation 3 quality oil
    for your 5.3 liter engine.

About the maintenance schedule, GM used to do it in a spreadsheet style
    for light service and severe service in the owner manual. Now they do it in paragraph
    form. Starts on page 417 of your owner manual.

"Maintenance Schedule
    Tire Rotation and Required Services
    Every 12 000 km (7,500 mi)
    Tires are rotated to achieve a more uniform
    wear for all tires. The first rotation is the
    most important.
    Anytime unusual wear is noticed, rotate the
    tires as soon as possible, check for proper
    tire t..."

Congratulations on your new truck. And
    that color is beautiful in real light.

https://www.chevrolet.com/bypass/pcf/gma-content-api/resources/sites/GMA/content/staging/MANUALS/6000/MA6526/en_US/2.0/23_CHEV_Silverado_1500_OM_en_US_U_84883873B_2022DEC14_2P.pdf

There's a QR code on the very last page and the text
    says scanning it gives maintenance schedules.... That
    may be in spreadsheet format?

Thanks for the heads up. The printed owner's manual, from the glove compartment, only has 157 pages. The downloaded PDF file does run over 400 pages, and has the information you quoted. I guess I didn't do enough searches within that PDF.