Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Chronic Car Buyers Anonymous

Comments

• Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,950
    edited June 2013
    Well, in place of what would be a much more interesting review of the new Mustang from Q...

I have spent alot of time in it. I just broke 1k miles on Friday. My mom is in the hospital again, so that's a long round trip I've taken many times in the past couple of weeks. I have been breaking it in, though, so I've been pretty gentle about it. I have yet to burn the tires off. Only a few hard runs from a roll merging onto highways here and there.

I will have to admit that they seat isn't the most comfortable place for me after a couple of hours. But it is so rare I do that. I would not have noticed already if it weren't for the repeated drives across NJ in such a short timespan.

I have had a couple of clutch and shifter issues pop up. We'll just have to wait to see if that dissipates as it breaks in more.

I do find it rides smoother than the 1'er did. Potholes and the like are not a teeth-clenching affair. Performance-wise, it feels much larger and heavier than the 1, although it is not that big of a difference in reality. It also doesn't have quite the passing power that the 1 did (after my mods, that is), although I prefer the quicker throttle response. So its pretty much a draw in alot of ways. The biggest advantage is exactly the reason I traded, and that's peace of mind. I am not fretting over the car in any way (well, except for the fact it is NEW and I fret over where I park it).

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,396
    First, Happy Father's Day to all of the Dad's on the board. I hope you have been able to spend some quality time with your families.

Second, I was out helping a friend of my wife's car shop this weekend. She is looking for an entry level luxury sedan so I took her to look at the usual suspects - Acura TSX, BMW 320i/328i, Infiniti G37, Audi A4. One of the conversations we were having was whether it made sense for her to buy or lease. She is still figuring out what makes the most sense but leasing seems to appeal to her, so when we were pricing out her options we were using that as her bottom line.

After driving a 2013 a G37x Premium + Nav, I asked the dealer to provide same starting numbers on a lease for a similarly equipped to what we drove. Perhaps I should have done a little more research, but I was absolutely floored to find that their starting point on a lease was about $280/month for 24 months with $1500 due at signing. From a pricing/equipment perspective, that is difficult to beat! Is this all a function of the new Q50 coming out?

Someone tell me its a bad idea for me to sell the Volvo and jump on this train...
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
  • Options
    ohenryxohenryx Member Posts: 285
    I'm sorry to hear about your mother, I hope she's improving. Back in 2005 I was doing a 100 mile round trip every day to visit my mother in the hospital, so I know how that goes. And it sounds like you're doing more than 100 miles...

If you're encountering much traffic on these trips, are you beginning to regret the standard transmission? I prefer a standard transmission myself -- that is, until I get stuck in stop and go traffic, which happens far too often where I live. I suspect I may never buy another standard, I learned to regret the last one.
  • Options
    corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,267
    That sounds like an excellent lease deal on the G37x. I would have probably leased one instead of my GLI if I heard of that kind of deal at the time. :D
  • Options
    fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,175
    I've seen ads on TV (the idiotic spot where the woman asks a race car driver for directions) touting deals like that. Not surprising - I think there's some built-up stock, the model is very long in the tooth, so sales have slowed and devotees are waiting for the oddly named new model. Good time to buy, if not having the absolute latest isn't an issue - a lot of content for the money.

I suspect similar deals are out there for the Lexus IS, as everyone is waiting for the 2014 model now.

As a former owner now leaser, there are pros and cons. Pros - new car, new tech, no repair worries. Cons - car payment, what's equity?
  • Options
    28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,396
    Frankly, I don't find it to be the most attractive car from the outside - looks a bit magoo, but content wise you get a lot for the money and I love the engine.

I've owned and leased before and really it makes no difference for my driving habits. I drive about 7500 miles a year right now, car is washed weekly and garaged the vast majority of the time.

The perk would be being able to get equity out of the Volvo to put towards a downpayment on a house and getting 4 doors simultaneously with no actual money ever out of pocket (I could cover the entirety of the lease and still have a good chunk to put towards the house). Financially it makes perfect sense, but something is holding me back - perhaps my emotional attachment to the C30.
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
  • Options
    fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,175
    I'm not a fan of the current G styling (I call it "chipmunk cheeks") or the exhaust note, but in content for the money, it's hard to beat. Certainly so at the current offers, which are probably less than a comparably equipped Camcord.

I put the equity from my previous car into a couple Vanguard funds, which are faring well so far. I don't have any regrets. It was time for a change. I too tend to get attached to a car, so it forced the cord to be cut. One sentimental pet is enough.
  • Options
    thanks.

I've gotten pretty good at dealing with manual in traffic. I just give myself enough room that crawling along at idle in first gear, I'll catch up with the stopped car in front just as they start moving away again. Works out most of the time.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,438
    That's what I do too, but sometimes the traffic is inching along rather than crawling. That's when it becomes a royal pain!

Interesting that the Live Rear Axle Mustang rides more comfortably than the IRS 135i.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options
    I am sure that the 235/50 all-season standard rubber vs the 245/35 performance rubber makes quite a difference. Mustang is also more softly sprung, I'm pretty sure.

• Options
    Definitely!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options
    rayainswrayainsw Member Posts: 3,192
    Are the Mustang tires run-flats?
    The BMW's are \ were, correct?
    - Ray
    Will NOT miss my BMW's run-flats . . .
    2022 X3 M40i
  • Options
    tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,606
    Go ahead, tell me that this one isn't a little interesting.

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

• Options
    Has anybody driven a Focus ST? Thoughts? I know roadburner doesn't like how the options are crazy bundled (want hot seats & xenon lights? that'll be $4500) and has "had it" with high HP, FWD cars. The car seems to be getting high marks from the edmunds long term test clan.

I happened to be behind a Black Focus ST last night on my way home (he was behind an '07 - '08 Shelby GT500) and thought it had that whole "sleeper" look down. Handsome wheels. That Honeycomb grill looks a bit much for me, but nothing's perfect.

• Options
    michaellnomichaellno Member Posts: 4,120
    I've looked at one closely at the dealer, but not driven one. I, too have been reading the reviews and comparison tests very closely.

My thoughts are that the ST has a factory fresh "Fast & Furious" vibe to it. As I approach my middle years, it seems a bit too much for me. If I were in the market, I think I'd go with a GTI instead. In C&D's latest comparo, they rated the '14 GTI over the ST as it was more "mature".

OTOH, I am interested in the Fiesta ST. 197HP, ~30 MPG combined and a price in the low 20's is quite the combination.

And I, too, deplore Ford's option strategy. I'd like the Xenons but not the Recaros (an expanding personal waistline makes them quite constricting), but can't get it that way. I suspect the same will be true on the Fiesta ST as well. Yet another reason why I prefer the GTI.

And - I can get the GTI with either 2 doors or 4.

For that same $25K, I'd almost be more inclined to try and find a base Mustang GT (like q's). 400+ HP vs 252 - what's not to like?
  • Options
    Long Term VW reliability scares me.

• Options
    Long Term VW reliability scares me.

And Ford's EcoToast (er, Boost) doesn't?

:P
  • Options
    Ford also doesn't provide me with some sort of automatic transmission option.

• Options
    akanglakangl Member Posts: 3,281
    Its been a bit since I've stopped by and read what was going on, although it would take me forever to catch up with you guys!

Around here, my truck is darn lucky I like it so much, seems like we've hit the mid-life crisis. Started noticing it was riding more like a boat than a 3/4 ton.....sure enough, 2 blown shocks, 1 front, 1 rear.......$710 to replace all 4 and an alignment. Gotta love it when they hit 60k.

I admit I have eyeballed some small SUVs, but can't bring myself to do it. I like the truck, even with its 17 mpg and $4.15/gal fuel. I believe my realtor would KILL me if I bought anything right now, we are closing on our new house in 7 days.

Hubby's Focus is about to turn 20k, good car with one heck of a quirky cruise control, but if that's the only issue he's ok with it.

Daughter has found a babysitting gig and will have 1/2 the money for a nice little 2001 Ford Escape that we are buying from a friend after we close on the house. Decent car, nothing special, but runs good, is cheap and AWD.

So to sum up, no new cars, closing on a new house in 7 days, oh and a new addition to the family on the way. :blush:
  • Options
    Great to hear from you!!
    How is school going?
    - Ray
    New addition to the family ... ??
    2022 X3 M40i
  • Options
    Great to hear from you!!
    How is school going?
    - Ray
    New addition to the family ... ??

School is going fine, taking 6 credits over the summer, will be taking 15 this fall. As for the new addition on the way......well its not the vehicle type, but could be used as an excuse to buy a new car........ :blush:
  • Options
    mark156mark156 Member Posts: 1,915
    Jolie, congratulations on the new arrival and the new house! And, thanks for checking in, I was wondering what you have been up to. So, you have 8 days to pick out a new vehicle, just one day after your Realtor won't kill you. :blush:

M156
    2010 Land Rover LR4, 2013 Honda CR-V, 2009 Bentley GTC, 1990 MB 500SL, 2001 MB S500, 2007 Lincoln TC, 1964 RR Silver Cloud III, 1995 MB E320 Cab., 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach
  • Options
    congratulations on the new arrival and the new house! And, thanks for checking in, I was wondering what you have been up to. So, you have 8 days to pick out a new vehicle, just one day after your Realtor won't kill you

Well the new house does have a 3 car garage...... :P

I've been teasing my realtor for weeks saying I was going to buy a new car a week before closing......I do believe he would probably lock me up somewhere to keep me away from the car lots.

I've got a few months to decide if I want to get a new car before the baby comes, I doubt it though, I like my big truck.
  • Options
    ohenryxohenryx Member Posts: 285
    2 blown shocks, 1 front, 1 rear.......$710 to replace all 4 and an alignment

May I ask what kind of truck we're talking about? I have a 2003 GMC Sierra 1500 with 112k miles. I stopped by NTB a couple of weeks ago for a $19.95 oil change (getting lazy in my old age), and they tried to sell me 4 new shocks for $500. Which, of course, is why they were advertising an oil change and a tire rotation for $19.95, so they could upsell me more work.

I had not checked the shocks (only had the truck 7 or 8 months, and nothing wrong with the ride). I was surprised to find they were original, 10 years old. I might even have bitten, except for the price. Shock absorbers on a GMC or Chevy pickup are really easy, and $500 is highway robbery.

I went home, did a little research online, and ordered 4 Monroe Sensa-Tracs from RockAuto for $144 delivered. Took me all of 2 hours working in the driveway with hand tools to save myself $350. And the ride did improve.
  • Options
    Welcome back! Thanks for stopping in & congrats on the new house & the new baby!

• Options
    May I ask what kind of truck we're talking about?

My truck is a 2007.5 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4x4 Duramax, crew cab, short bed with 60k miles on it. I'm fairly knowledgable about vehicles and maintenance, I tend to pay attention to my truck and know when something is up. Both shocks are leaking, so it's not someone telling me it needs them. Will I pay the shop I trust to put shocks on it? Yup, I don't want to deal with it and neither does hubby.
  • Options
    jolie - let me also add my congratulations on the new house and the upcoming addition to the family! Glad you were able to check in with us.

I had to replace the rear shocks on my '06 ION a year or so back. Somewhere around 75K miles (car has almost 91K on it now).
  • Options
    I guess maybe its time I put new shocks on my Prelude @ 11 years & almost 150K

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Mine aren't leaking and the struts seem okay at 186k and 14 years. :)

OEM struts aren't cheap; OEM shocks aren't too bad.
  • Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,558
    167K on the integra, and the entire suspension is original.

squeaks a bit when cold going over speedhumps. Not that I plan to experience that again!

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    Into my BMW lease and I hit 25,000 miles tonight

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,343
    Just replaced my struts at 75K.. just because..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,558
    I really want one of those. maybe after my daughter gets out of college. By then they will be old and miled up, so I might be able to afford one!

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    ronsteveronsteve Member Posts: 1,195
    I guess maybe its time I put new shocks on my Prelude 11 years & almost 150K

My initial reaction was that you could get your CCB card pulled, but that would only be the case if you have had it since new.

Crazy thing when I had tires put on the V70 last December... they recommended front struts "based on age and mileage." Ummm, I thought struts/shocks were something to replace when they showed actual signs of being worn out?
    2015 Acura RDX AWD / 2021 VW TIguan SE 4Motion
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,343
    I replaced mine, because I had some other suspension work to do (control arm bushings), and I was putting $1300 into new tires and an alignment...

A combination of protecting my investment (in tires) and wanting to make my car handle like new...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,366
    Welcome back and congrats!!!

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• Options
    edited June 2013
    First drive was a ‘demo’ – with approx 4,500 miles, Saturday morning. Second one was new, at a different dealer, on Sunday. Both these cars were V8s and relatively ‘loaded’.
    That means here:
    leather seats with both heat and vent,
    cupholders with heat and cool,
    heated steering wheel rim,
    Garmin navigation system,
    dual pane sunroof,
    keyless entry – remote start, etc etc.
    These cars are much more similar in size and weight to the Pontiac G8 GT that I had before the BMW than to what I now drive. They are fairly large, very American 4 door sedans, with V8 power.

Even with 20 inch wheels and 245/45 all-season tires, the ride is better than with the 18” run-flats on the BMW. No big surprise there. The seats are quite comfortable, supportive and are widely adjustable. The interior looks like high quality, to me. The 2-tone, light and dark brown seats, in particular looked sharp to me. The 2-toned leather steering wheel is also a nice touch. The interior materials, fit & finish appeared excellent. Outward visibility is good. The primary controls are straightforward. The touch screen would require some study.

The V8 and the [ relatively old technology, 5-speed ] transmission are fairly responsive, though it is clear that significant mass [ approx. 4300 pounds ] is being moved. Once moving, it felt reasonably agile. [ 394 lb-ft of torque at 4,200 rpm. ] The steering felt direct, accurate and appropriately weighted. The ride is firm and smooth and felt stable at all speeds I drove – including on the highway at 75+.

These 300Cs have some luxury features that I have not had recently, and would appreciate. Like the ventilated seats.

The only significant difference between the 2 that I drove [ besides the second one being new ] was exterior color. White on the demo and black on the new one. Otherwise the equipment level was comparable & the interior colors were identical.

The MSRP on these 2 300Cs was mid $40Ks – and with a $4,000 current rebate, could be purchased [ new, from my local CarMax ] for mid $30Ks. [ example below ]

The next logical [?] step after a 3-series BMW is a 5. I am well aware that this is NOT a BMW 5-series. Clearly.
    I was invited to test drive a 550i a few weeks ago. The 550i starts at over $63K. The 550i’s 450 TQ [ and low RPM grunt ] makes the BMW feel quicker, but in most other respects, for me the Chrysler does a rather good job in both comfort and dynamics. The big BMW actually weighs more than the 300C. Anyway - Again, for me, the 300C provides something like 90% of the big BMW’s driving experience – for barely over 50% of the cost. Sounds like a bargain to me . . .

The EPA ratings suggest that I would experience little or no difference in overall MPG vs my current ride – or vs that big BMW.

I knew going into this BMW lease that I would likely not be able to select something as good or better the next time around. This 300C makes my current ‘short list’ for a replacement, when the time comes – assuming a similar price is available on similar in stock units.

- Ray
    Officially starting to narrow the field . . .
    = = =
    MSRP $44,485
    Factory invoice $42,211
    You Save on MSRP $ 9,076
    Georgia No-haggle price $35,409

Note: there are actually still a few options \ groups one could add – pushing past $48K MSRP. But nothing I’d personally require.
    2022 X3 M40i
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Has anybody driven a Focus ST? Thoughts? I know roadburner doesn't like how the options are crazy bundled (want hot seats & xenon lights? that'll be $4500) and has "had it" with high HP, FWD cars. The car seems to be getting high marks from the edmunds long term test clan.

Against my better judgement I'm going to take a look at the used ST I mentioned a while back. The price has dropped to $23,900 and the thing has less than 2500 miles on it. New it stickered north of $30,000. The reason the owner traded it is because the low seat height hurt his back. It would make sense that he traded it for an Abarth, as the reviews all mention that the seating position of the Fiat is a bit on the high side.
    I've sat in an ST and I love the Recaros, but my main concern is that the ST would be a lateral move at best. The 1st generation MS3s are faster than an ST and they handle and brake just as well if not better- PLUS, the MS3 has a real mechanical LSD. Heck, just writing this has all but taken the ST out of consideration.
    So... I'm still looking. I really do like the Abarth- I just hate to buy new and take the depreciation hit. No decent 1ers have turned up. Then-of all things-I found a nice CPO 987 Boxster in Cincy. I've always preferred the Cayman, but this one is really nice- 3 pedals, heated seats, Bi-Xenons, and $5595 worth of optional Cocoa "Special Leather" and GT Silver paint:

And I'd have two years and @38,000 miles of warranty left. Hmmm...

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    The Boxster isn't an "S" though. Do you really want to be embarrassed by a Subaru? :P Great handling car, though, nonetheless. Remember, buying horses is easier than adding horses.
  • Options
    I bought the car brand new on April 27, 2002 as a leftover. It is a 2001.

As far as CCBA, I'm an amateur compared to most here on the board:

August 2009 - 2010 Acura TSX Tech ("clunked" a 1990 E30 325i project car & supplemented the lease of her 2007 X3 which we were going to be WAY over the miles on)
    May 2011 - 2011 Honda Pilot EXL w/ Navigation (bought w/ no trade)
    March 2012 - 2011 BMW 328xi (leased & traded the Acura)

The lease is up on my BMW at the end of September 2014. I expect my next punch to be around Labor Day next year.

• Options
    Roadburner, the Boxster is gorgeous. I've driven a customer's 2011 w/ PDK. The Boxster is simply a joy to drive, even the base model. The balance is just incredible. There is something you need to look out for on pre '09 Boxsters. There is a part (called the IMA I think) that breaks on low mileage cars resulting in catastrophic engine failure (is there another kind?). There is a fix for this that isn't cheap if you buy a pre '09. But the pre '09s are supposedly much cheaper so you save money on the purchase of the car.

Porsches are expensive to buy & own even by German car standards. They are insanely well built and engineered that makes the purchase price and cost if ownership well worth it. Even compare my Mom's 2011 V6 Cayenne to a new X5 with similar MSRPs and you can tell the difference. It's almost as if they design the mist expensive version of whatever car 1st, then swap out engines & other features. Go drive it and let us know what you think.

• Options
    There is a part (called the IMA I think) that breaks on low mileage cars resulting in catastrophic engine failure (is there another kind?). There is a fix for this that isn't cheap if you buy a pre '09.

Yes, I've heard something about that- which is why I like that it has the Porsche CPO warranty.

I was at the library today and just for giggles, I glanced at the Consumer Reports Auto Issue. Guess what is a recommended used car in the $25k range? A 2006 Boxster.

Of the other cars I've been seriously considering, only the 500 gets a decent reliability rating from them- the 135i, GTI, and Focus all get below average ratings(at least for the years that I can afford). That said, CR reliability rankings haven't been all that accurate for the cars that I have owned. My 2007 Mazdaspeed got high reliability marks but it had four major repairs prior to 60k miles- although in all fairness I'll note that it has been essentially problem free over the last 62k miles. In contrast, CR predicted that our 2004 X3 would be plagued with problems of all sorts and yet I had only one non scheduled repair-an SRS sensor(replaced under warranty) over the first seven years of ownership. My one major problem(the transfer case) didn't go Tango Uniform until the truck was north of 150k miles...

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    edited June 2013
    You can check for IMS bearing failure pretty easily--what you do is saw the oil filter in half during the pre-purchase inspection--if you see metallic debris in there, button 'er up and say "no thank you" or have them install the remedial kit for $4000 bucks and then you're okay.

The only other concern I could pass onto you is that Boxster clutches are only good for 80,000 miles give or take. So you'd best read the CPO agreement and see if that is covered or not---they will fail at that mileage just about like clockwork. (YRMV).
  • Options
    They WERE on the bmw, but I had swapped them to regular tires. Still, too low profile, pretty stiff suspension, and a firm seat all conspire against its luxury moniker.

• Options
    Nicely detailed write up on the 300C. As much of a handling/balance/steering 1st guy, there is simply NOTHING like a good old American V8.

• Options
    Roadburner - Porsches are exceptional cars. If you go and test drive it, I'm pretty sure you won't be driving your MS3 home.

• Options
    edited June 2013
    This deal keeps getting crazier, I don't care if we ever buy another house! Nothing like dealing with people who have seller's remorse. They have made life hell for us and our wonderful realtor. Their latest stunt was to try and have our realtor arrested for getting the key out of the lockbox on the door and trying the key to make sure all was ok for our final walk-thru Monday. They told no one they set the alarm when they moved out and it went off. They wanted him locked up......for breaking and entering......with a key! Anyway, we are signing Tuesday afternoon and moving in Wednesday. First order of business is change the locks!

This is a picture of the house last summer off the real estate listing since the yard doesn't look great right now so pics I took don't do it justice.

• Options
    Wow! That's beautiful! Is this what all of Alaska looks like? Congratulations!

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited June 2013
    Bethel is a bit different. :D

Thanks for the updates Akangl and remember that you'll have some great stories to enjoy in a couple of decades.
  • Options
    Wife and I are in Salt Lake City at the moment .. not by choice.

Daughter in law was flown from Montana to SLC Wednesday night due to some medical issues. She's in the hospital here and we drove over from Colorado yesterday to be with her and our son. Still waiting for test results, hopefully we'll know more today.

Did the drive in two parts - part one was 3 hours Wednesday night from home to Glenwood Springs. Checked into a hotel around 2:30 Thursday morning. Back on the road at 8AM, got to SLC around 1:30 in the afternoon yesterday.

First tank of gas was around 22.4MPG, but the second tank was over 26. EPA for the CX-7 is 17/23, so I was pretty pleased at how well it did.

We're heading home on Sunday, and we've decided to take I-80 back rather than I-70. May be a bit longer, mileage wise, but it's a pretty straight shot through Wyoming, then cut across US 287 down to Ft. Collins (hi, ty!), then onto I-25 back home.