Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2007 Toyota Camry

Comments

• njeraldnjerald Member Posts: 689
    Right on!

I was comparing I-4 autos.
  • mackabeemackabee Member Posts: 4,709
    I didn't say it was sluggish/slow. I guess I'm used to "head snapping" acceleration having driven 350Z's turbo MR2's and such (the Avalon did that for me although I did drive it on the freeway). I was also being careful with the car since it's going to belong to someone soon. Once we get more in I'll take one on the expressway and open it up.
    Mackabee
  • k_oss_mrldk_oss_mrld Member Posts: 3
    i took out a v6 SE last night and, although it was certainly more capable than the I4, I still wasn't blown away like the first time i drove a new Avalon. My dealership probably won't get any I4 5Ms in, but I have a feeling that's the best buy. A CE 5M has a sticker around $18ish, and any aftermarket place can do keyless and remote start for around 200 bucks. I've never had a power seat, so who the heck needs one? My boss keeps trying to talk me out of it, saying that the Camry has always been an "old man's car" but I think this new generation is sexier than anything else we sell.
  • klunkmanklunkman Member Posts: 80
    Just got back from test driving a silver XLE V6 with Nav. From what others have posted, it seems that every dealer got a silver XLE V6.

Power. It doesn't have the ultra sensitive throttle that the Avalon has, but make no mistake, this thing goes. You may have to depress the accelerator a little more firmly to draw the power, but it's there, with a throaty growl to boot.

Instrument panel. Very attractive. The multi-information display in the middle of the speedometer protrudes out from it, as does the gear selection display from the tach, giving the instrument panel a three-dimensional look. Very cool.
    XLE Instrument Panel

CD slot. Others have asked where the CDs go in the Nav models. There's an eject/close button that you press, then the disk information comes up on the display and you touch a load button on the screen. The whole screen then swivels down and out 90 degrees, exposing the CD slot and the Nav DVD slot. Again, cool.

Rear seat legroom. I'm 6'2", and with the driver seat positioned the way I like it, there was still plenty of leg room behind the driver seat for a 6+ footer.

Luxurious. The one word I came away with after the drive. This could be a Lexus.

Slabsided. I like the overall look of the vehicle, but if you picked apart the individual aspects of the car, I'd have to say the side of the car is a little on the thick side. But then, that's been a Toyota trait for several years now (previous Camry, Avalon, ES330, etc)

Would I buy one? Yes.
  • klunkmanklunkman Member Posts: 80
    i took out a v6 SE last night and

Strange. I haven't seen anything but XLE's at the dealers in my area. And the dealer I test drove at said that they didn't expect any SE's for a couple of weeks.
  • joecarnutjoecarnut Member Posts: 215
    I drove a titanium 4 cyl a/t today.

It did ride smooth and fairly quiet, although we didn't take it up to freeway speed or over rough roads. But it did seem to handle well and drove like it had a smaller footprint than it really does.
    The zigzag shifter will take some getting used to.

It also seemed a tighter build feeling compared to a Gen 5 I drove awhile back.

I was not that impressed with the guage look though. Maybe it needs adjustment in brightness or something but it appeared kind of cheap or basic to me. Not a sharp drawn look.
    Maybe it would look better at dusk.

Anyways the camry is going to be one of a few contenders for my choice of new vehicle this summer.

Cheers,
    Ken
  • dampfnudeldampfnudel Member Posts: 131
    Can you get a XLE 4-cylinder with navigation (like on the Accord EX4) ?
    Of Course, go to toyota.com for pricing, features, and options.
  • kdhspyderkdhspyder Member Posts: 7,160
    We have an SE V6, no S/R and the ubiquitous XLE V6 in siler as well :) .

A wider variety is just around the corner too. LE 4c Base is next up.
  • fredvhfredvh Member Posts: 857
    In your opinion is the XLE I4 auto worth $4000 more than the LE I4 auto?
    Only you can answer that!!

In the Northwest region, comparing 5 spd. automatics, the XLE is $3,975 MSRP, $3,389 more invoice than the LE.

If you buy the LE and add the options: moonroof w/dual illum visor mirrors and rear personal reading lights; Alloy Wheels; 6 disc CD/Bluetooth, 8 spkr. radio; auto dim/compass mirror; that are standard on the XLE, it will cost you $2,885 MSRP.

That makes the XLE premium of $1,090 for the following features:

. Foglights
    . Heated Outside mirrors
    . Chrome Exhaust tip
    . Multi-function information display
    . Leather Steering Wheel
    . Better interior fabric
    . Wood grain interior accents
    . Chrome accents on door handles
    . Power Passenger Seat
    . Reclining rear Seats
    . Plasma Ionizer
    . Dual Zone Cimate Control/rear seat vents/steering wheel controls
    . Homelink
    . Jam Protection on power windows
    . Sliding Center arm rest
    . Trunk Cargo net
    . Rear Window sunshade
    . Alarm on Engine Immobilizer

Do you need those or do you think they are worth $1,090 MSRP more (less if a prudent buyer).

Also if you want to get options not available on the LE (leather, heated seats or NAV), the XLE is your choice.

What can you not live without/what's your budget????????
  • alpha01alpha01 Member Posts: 4,747
    Great post, man. Very good analysis of the difference between a loaded LE and a XLE (sans Leather, NAV, Heated seats).

I think one of the best all round family cars is a moderately optioned LE V6. I'll take mine with moonroof, alloys, and VSC.... for $25K.

~alpha
    To me personally?... No; ... and I sell them. I am a cheap buyer though and traditionally prefer used Camry's with 40-50K mi on them but that's because I will have 150000-200000 miles on one in 4 yrs.

I do understand the appeal of nice features and have owned $30K vehicles. If my current rides weren't such 'tools' I'd probably opt for something nicer that wouldnt be worn out and used up in 4 yrs.

This is what you get for $4000 in an XLE vs an LE

Sun roof
    16" Alloys vs 16" steel
    heated outside mirrors
    Dressed up interior look
    trip MID
    leather wrapped wheel/shifter
    4 way power passenger seat
    dual climate control
    6 CD changer w/8 speakers + BT
    auto-dimming mirror w/ compass
    rear window shade
    sliding center armrest
    anti-theft alarm
    rear reading lights
    homelink
    dual illuminated vanity mirrors
    cargo net.

all the above is standard on the XLE but only available a la carte on the LE. Is it worth $4000 to you?

If I was going to keep mine 6-8 yrs and only put 12-15K miles per year on it then I'd likely opt for the XLE.

:blush: oops .. I got sidetracked and didnt see njerald's earlier excellent reply.
  • kmalveakmalvea Member Posts: 9
    I had a question which is like really messing me up ..thinking about it ...does the xle 4 cyl has the 5 sequential shift in it right ...plz someone help me out cuz i am getting this car on march 31 as a 17 birthday present and i was really happy about the sequential shift so is it in the 07 camry xle cyl 4
    No sequential shift on 4s.

~alpha
    So the moonroof is standard in the ....Camry xle 07 right?

and also i have another question for people who have driven the camry ..where is that direct tire pressure monitor located ...because the toyota websits doesnt speek of its location in the car...?

thanks the help :)
    Yes, moonroof is Std. on '07 XLE (I-4 and V-6).

The senders are in each wheel but I don't know where the indicator is on the dash. I am guessing it is just a basic alarm indicator that shows a low pressure in a tire.

Some higher end displays show the actual pressure reading in each tire on a display.
  • lmacmillmacmil Member Posts: 1,758
    "cuz i am getting this car on march 31 as a 17 birthday present"

I need to talk to your parents, no 17 year old should get a brand new car for a present or any other reason ;)
    Couple came in to pick up their XLS Avalon which they had contracted last Sat, saw the new XLE V6 w/ Navi @$31600 and switched vehicles on the spot.
    Lol nah haha i am just quite happy i am getting it lol cant wait hehe.....i guess i will then be the youngest owner of the camry xle 2007 on this forum...
  • tidewatertidewater Member Posts: 69
    I believe that getting Navigation on the XLE 4 cly would be very difficult. I see a number of XLE V6 with Navi, but not a single 4 cyl. Additionally, Toyota.com does not show Navi in the 'option packages' that can be built.

I'd like to get Navi on the XLE 4 cyl, but don't believe it will be reasonably available, at least at present.
    Just for all the people who dont know i did ask ...the sales person today and he had said that there are more diffrent types of wood interior avlable..i didnt not get time to ask him ..what colors cuz he had to a toyota metting to go to so yeah,...and it was down here at springfield toyota..dont know about other toyota dealership offering diffrent colors of wood.. and i am prolly thinking it will be like sorta a package.

-Malvea
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    They car just barely came out. You probably won't see masses of any variation yet.
    With my zip code (98422) it shows as:

Option Combination #C $3,340
    - 50 State Emissions(FE)
    - Heated Front Seats (Requires Leather)(HD)
    - Leather-Trimmed Seats & Door Trim w/Integrated Armrests & Dual Front & Rear Map Pockets[15](LA)
    - Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) w/ Traction Control (TRAC)[12](VS)
    - Voice-Activated DVD Navigation System[13] w/JBL® AM/FM 4-Disc In-Dash CD Changer w/Satellite Radio Capability[7], MP3/WMA Playback Capability, Aux Audio Jack, Hands-Free Phone Capability Via Bluetooth®[8] Wireless Technology, 8 Speakers in 6 Locations and FM Diversity Reception(NV)

If I wanted Nav on a vehicle I would facory order it. I've never purchased a vehicle off the dealers lot.
  • jtigerjtiger Member Posts: 3
    Without much discout, the Camry LE V6 is similar in price to Avalon XL or Maxima SE as they are heavily discounted. Camry LE V6 has the better transmission. However, both Avalon and Maxima are considered a step higher than Camry. Tough choice. What do you think?
    After staring all day today at the new Camry and an Avalon side by side I will opt for the Camry just on looks alone. The more I see it in different angles the better looking it gets to me. It finally looks sportier and desireable than just being an appliance vehicle;

Since they have the same engine in the V6 it's no choice between an XLE V6 vs an XL Avalon both for ~ $29K
  • bartalk3bartalk3 Member Posts: 692
    You think that's bad--a 17 year old getting a new car. Over on the Luxury Performance Cars board a 15-year old says his father is going to buy him any new car up to $60,000 for his 16th birthday, and he's asking advice of the BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Lexus afficionados over there!
    I think that before your parents give you a new Toyota, they should insist that you study your English lessons. Then, as a reward, if you actually become literate, you get the car. By the way, I'm only 16 and I'm getting an XLE, so I'll be the youngest XLE owner on this board.
  • petomlinpetomlin Member Posts: 103
    "a 15-year old says his father is going to buy him any new car up to $60,000 for his 16th birthday"

Just because this happens all the time, it doesn't make it right. This is just a symptom of what's wrong in our society. :(

sorry for the short pontification.
  • suave_tequilasuave_tequila Member Posts: 116
    Hey congrats!
    Though camry's arent that nice, which is why I bought the Lexus IS 350. BTW I'm 17! :shades:
  • ix1is1ix1is1 Member Posts: 55
    Wow congrats to you too suave, I'm going to be the youngest to own the camry. BTW I'm not even born yet.
    YOU "bought"?

Wow! That is impressive. What do you do for a living? Just curious.
  • trucker50trucker50 Member Posts: 108
    Toyota is going to announce Monday that they are going to add Camry production at the jointly owned Subaru plant in Lafayette, Indiana. The Subaru plant has been running at about half capacity since its split with Isuzu last year. It should create about 1000 jobs and when production is up and running it will greatly reduce or ELIMINATE Camry imports from Japan. The announcment Monday will say how many they intent to build at Lafayette. :D
  • lisalulisalu Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone noticed the reflection on the windshield from the dashboard in the center area where the clock and airbag light are located? Also, when I turned west toward the sun, the glare from the dash was severe. (I guess because the dash is so wide.) Nice car except for those 2 issues.
  • library1library1 Member Posts: 54
    Methinks we have a clue about the discussion on the Honda Odyssey vs. D/C Minivans! ;)
    Come on guys.......It's a Japanese Buick for God's sake.
    Sorry, but, I'm not following you. :)
  • doug52doug52 Member Posts: 25
    I am very tempted by the prices posted by this dealer, even if it requires a flight from Denver (could visit family along the way back) and privately selling my Subaru (which would be a hassle, to say the least). Denver dealers seem almost a monopoly - even now, only modest discounts on the 2006 models.

On its website, Fitzgerald states that destination fees are included in invoice price, which was certainly news to me and contrary to the TMV calculations posted here. Any thoughts or clarification would be welcomed. Thanks.
    I might do that to but I will try Costco, Dealernet, and Autobytel after I fax all the dealers within 100 miles for their best price on the exact vehicle that I want.

Fitz sells a lot of cars and I've never heard of a bad transaction from anybody online.

They have more 2007's Camrys showing in their new inventory (in stock and coming) than all the dealers in Washington and Oregon.

I'm not planning on buying for a month or two and can wait for the exact vehicle that I order whomever it is from.

I plan on paying less than $25,000 for a XLE 4 cyl, with Leather, bunwarmers, and VSC/TC.

I will add floor mats, rear spoiler, rear bumper applique, mudguards, sport pedals from the Aftermarket. EBAY already has 2007 Camrys and accessories listed.
  • rmartinez1rmartinez1 Member Posts: 12
    I have been a camry guy since 95. I have had 3, one of each of the models since then. But thursday I sat in a 07, touched it, walked around it, drove it,poked it and I decided to stay with my 04 Accord. Why? Because the accord Ex-L still packs all what I need in a convinient seamless cheaper priced package. I may revisit what I consider my favorite car, the Camry, but just not yet. I will wait until I think they get it right. :shades:
  • mary99mary99 Member Posts: 65
    Maybe instead of discounting the Malibu more with the freed up funds, they'll hire some Japanese executives to help them with the quality.
  • killerbunnykillerbunny Member Posts: 141
    Come on guys.......It's a Japanese Buick for God's sake.

What's wrong with Buicks? They are comfortable and reliable. They would have been very dominate if there weren't such fierce foreign competition.

And Japanese Buick? Even better. A perfect solution for the very purpose of A--->B transportation. If you want some driving fun, step up to a Porsche. I don't see anything below $30k substaintially better.
  • 210delray210delray Member Posts: 4,721
    Back in the Dark Ages when I was in high school, hardly any of us owned our own cars. And of the few that did, most were old junkers (the cars, that is). Of course, I didn't grow up in a high-zoot area.

How times have changed!
  • lmacmillmacmil Member Posts: 1,758
    There's a dedicated discussion devoted to this topic, btw.
  • trucker50trucker50 Member Posts: 108
    naw they wouldn't be UAW jobs....Toyota is more into quality and productivity then that.

Back to the Camry though, does anybody know how the Camry's 4 cylinder performs compared to the Accord's? I've heard some pretty good things about the Accord 4.
    The Camry's 4 is smoother at idle and quieter under full throttle, but they are both the most refined 4s on the market, in my opinion. The Accord's 4 moves that vehicle about 8 tenths of a second quicker to 60, owing to marginally more power (166 horses vs. 158) and the Accord's 150 fewer pounds. To most buyers of these vehicles (especially Camry buyers), not a big deal. To me, I can tell the difference, though the Camry (based on the previous generation) is still very acceptable.

One final note- previously, I stated that the Camry PZEV was rated at 153 horses. Its actually 155.

~alpha
  • yankeryanker Member Posts: 156
    By all means take it on some rough roads. i bought a Honda without trying out on anything but smooth as glass country roads. Big mistake. i assume the Camry will do well but you need to feel the difference.
  • joecarnutjoecarnut Member Posts: 215
    Definitely intend to do that.

I won't be buying till the summer time at the earliest. Maybe Christmas time.

But thanks for the good advice.
    Ken
  • liaisonliaison Member Posts: 49
    Does anyone know how the Toyota Navi compares with the Honda Navi. I am looking at an 07 Camry SE with Navi but also considering the Honda Accord with Navi. The only problem is the SE does not come in Beige. The SE is $2000 cheaper but without leather. Camry Navi comes with Bluetooth but at this time I don't have a cell phone with BT. Honda has XM radio and heated seats. Are there any other differences that I overlooked?
    How was your Honda on rough roads? What was the big surprise?