Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Honda Civic Sedan 2006

1828384858688»

Comments

• Options
    patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Wow, shipo!! :surprise: Keep us posted.
  • Options
    shiposhipo Member Posts: 9,148
    Thanks Pat... No word yet... Hmmmm...

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • Options
    Does the shift knob pivot fairly freely at the end of the stick? I pointed that out to the sales person who gave a standard sales person response, "They all do that."

Uhhh, yeah right. So, the question is, do all shift knobs twist or was this one just loose?

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • Options
    dudleyrdudleyr Member Posts: 3,469
    The one on my 2007 Accord pivots fairly easily. I suppose I could give it one more turn to tighten it up. Just need to unsnap the boot twist and resnap.
  • Options
    vvileyvviley Member Posts: 46
    This probably doesn't help you as much since I drive a 6-speed, but my shift knob is pretty much solid. I haven't noticed any play in the knob itself, but oddly enough, the boot is not attached to the knob. It looks like an intentional design, but it's still weird to me.
  • Options
    Thanks folks, I appreciate your input. ;-)

So, the Group President of my wife's division called her today and the negotiations have started. It looks like maybe about 95% odds that we're moving to HK in July.

With the above in mind, I wondered about the feasibility of having a car in HK and it does seem doable. In fact, many Ex-Pats bring their cars with them and either take them home when they leave or simply sell them in HK and split. That then begged the question, "Is it a better deal to buy here and ship over or to buy there?" The answer to that is still an unknown; however, a quick check of the Hong Kong Honda web site shows some interesting things. First off, the HK version of the Civic is only available with an Alloy Wheels, Automatic Transmission :P and Leather Interior, and is available with Automatic Climate control. Hmmm, how do I get my hands on a 5-Speed EX with leather and climate control? ;-)

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • Options
    You can probably get a lot of interesting cars in HK. Honda Fit could work - it will be easier to park. HK is pretty crowded.

My father had a very nice Nissan Stanza in Sri Lanka. Had all the options you could not get in the states, but still had a nice small efficient engine with a manual transmission.
  • Options
    Thanks for the response.

Yeah, I thought about the Fit, however, I also find myself wondering about back seat room. My 13 year old is already 5' 6" and growing at the rate of 4" per year.

I'll keep y'all posted. ;-)

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • Options
    I have issues with headroom in most cars and found the back of the Fit to be much better than the Civic. I think the overseas fit has just been redesigned as well.

I would have a ball getting a car in HK. Probably wind up with some Espace type vehicle with a diesel engine and a stick shift.

I was there about 20 years ago, and I still remember looking out my hotelroom at a building accross the street and the lights were on at midnight and people were working away doing some light manufacturing - HK is always busy. Another thing that struck me was all the scaffolding is bamboo.

Get some good electronic equipment while you are there, and a fake Rolex. Sometimes they change the name just a little so they are legal. I remember seeing some Polex brand watches.
  • Options
    patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    You might check out the Fit. I edit the consumer reviews for that vehicle and I consistently read praise for how much room the car has.

4" a YEAR? Yikes! How do you keep him clothed? ;)
  • Options
    4" a YEAR? Yikes! How do you keep him clothed?

'Tain't cheap. ;-)

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • Options
    "I would have a ball getting a car in HK. Probably wind up with some Espace type vehicle with a diesel engine and a stick shift."

Yeah, if I could find some cool (as in not available in the U.S.A.) diesel variant or something like that then I wouldn't have to decide between paying HK prices or shipping one over from here. ;-)

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • Options
    sameerqsameerq Member Posts: 4
    Not sure if this is the right forum, but I'll try...

Recently bought a 2007 Civic EX. Don't like the Floor Mats that the dealer gave me. Wanted to buy the OEM Honda Floor Mats, but most Parts / Accessories websites say that those are for DX only. However, the Honda website shows the same Floor Mats for EX also.

Does anyone know if those mats can fit the EX also?

Thanks!
  • Options
    drmbbdrmbb Member Posts: 80
    OEM Honda floor mats are standard on the EX (check Honda's web site). My dealer installed them in my 2007 EX/AT sedan during the wash/wax/prep while we did the paperwork. The only ones you'd need to buy (OEM) would be the all-weather Honda mats.
  • Options
    eldainoeldaino Member Posts: 1,618
    are they really oem? my ex had mats, but they don't have the civic logo like the ones that you buy from the accesories dept.

even building an ex on honda's website still allows you to select a 'add floormats' option; i think that there are 2 different kinds; the cheapo ones that is kind of a courtesy mat, and then the real deal. surely if it was standard you couldn't select it as an option.
  • Options
    The ones with the "CIVIC" logo imbedded in them are extra, yes. And you can certainly buy those and put them in your car - they will fit fine in a DX, LX or EX. But the EX includes pretty good quality floor mats standard. These ones do not have the logo, but do have the attachment tabs to hold them properly in place. Mine certainly do not look nor feel cheapo, to my mind. They just don't have the logo, which is hardly worth $99 for, IMO.

The only other floor mats I could see buying would be the all-season, for the winter months (but I'll probably pick those up this fall from a local after market parts shop).
  • Options
    sameerqsameerq Member Posts: 4
    Right. I also got some from my dealer that don't have the Civic logo. To me, they seem kinda cheap. :-) The carpet on them is not really the same as the carpet in the car. I'm comparing these with the ones I have in my '99 Civic, and the carpet on the mats was exactly the same as the car.

Anyhow, my only concern was that most Parts / Accessories websites say that the ones with the Civic logo are for DX only...
  • Options
    see to me they seemed cheap. my 01 civic coupe had the mats that actually had the civic logo and they were worlds better than the mats in my newer civic. the ones in my 06 civic felt light and flimsy, so i guess the 99 bucks buys you more than just a civic logo.
  • Options
    Hey gang, spending the week in Hong Kong and as it turns out, the hotel we're staying in had a new car show in what amounts to an out of doors lobby the other day.

At this car show were three different Civics, a Hybrid Sedan(which I get the impression isn't even available here, yet), a standard Civic Sedan and what is called a Civic VTi Sedan, so I kicked the tires and picked up a few brochures (the Hybrid didn't have a brochure, however, it looked like it was optioned pretty much like the VTi). Interestingly enough, both of the standard gasser versions of the Civic came standard with the following equipment:

- 4-Wheel disk brakes
    - Cornering Toe Correction System (whatever the heck that is)
    - Front Fog Lights
    - Honda Anti-Theft system
    - Full Leather Interior
    - Power Retractable Mirrors
    - Alloy Wheels
    - 205/55 R16 Tires

In addition, the VTi had the following extra equipment standard:
    - Side Mirror Turn Signal Lights
    - Cruise Control
    - Side Air Bags
    - Factory Leather Steering Wheel
    - Automatic Climate Control

Too bad some of these goodies aren't available on the Civic back in North America. :(

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • Options
    k5ldbk5ldb Member Posts: 62
    Man, if you could get that without leather it would be just about perfect. Let's see... trade leather for nav... yeah, pretty close to perfect.
  • Options
    Personally I LOVE leather seats, so much so that if I do end up with a new Civic, I'll be puttin' in some aftermarket skins. Nav? Well that's a different story. For my daily driver I probably wouldn't spend a buck three fifty for it, however, for Mrs. Shipo I'm more than happy to spend a couple grand. :blush:

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • Options
    you could just buy an 08 and honda will already have loaded the skins up for ya! they'll warm the outside mirrors and those seats for you too....

k5ldb: did this civic have the jdm styled front end? or did it simply look like ours with different equipment levels?
  • Options
    k5ldbk5ldb Member Posts: 62
    I think you've got me mixed up with someone else. I haven't seen the cars. I just said I'd trade leather for nav if I could.
  • Options
    thierrythierry Member Posts: 16
    Any other 2006 Civic EX owners ever had a defective 12 volt battery from the factory? Only 14 months after purchase of a new '06 Civic EX, it's become apparent that my original equip. battery will not hold a charge. Any similar experiences? :mad:
  • Options
    kenlwkenlw Member Posts: 190
    You will be much better off buying/leasing there. The import requirements are likely extensive, and expensive. It may not meet all the legal import requirements.
  • Options
    beedublubeedublu Member Posts: 236
    How do you 06 Civic Sedan owners like your cars for long trip comfort? And by that I mean 8-hour-plus drives? Any aches or pains that you notice?

The reason I'm asking is that I presently own an 04 Malibu that seemed OK on short drives but has turned out to be a disappointment on long trips -- despite the many adjustments for steering wheel (tilt & telescope), driver's lumbar support, even adjustable foot pedals. After about the fourth hour, my lower back aches, plus my right shoulder (although I suspect that's due mostly to all the hours I spend mousing on the computer). :D

I'd like an Accord, or better yet a CR-V, but my budget can only cover a Civic LX or possibly EX.
  • Options
    doan4udoan4u Member Posts: 105
    I have no complaint at all. ;) I drive 2 trips to Los Angeles, CA this spring from Houston Texas. The cruise control really help me allots. It was 3000 mile plus round trip. If you a tall person. I wouldn’t recommend it. :P
  • Options
    mamamia2mamamia2 Member Posts: 707
    Has anybody done that? The only way is to replace the rubber insert, but getting a 26 inch insert is next to impossible at any auto part store.... Od course, nobody wants to visit the dealership for it, but maybe that's the only solution?
  • Options
    You can order them from a number of places online. www.handa-accessories.com has them for under $10 for a pair of refill blades. I'm sure there are other places to get them too.
  • Options
    nighthawk1nighthawk1 Member Posts: 3
    Looking for someone with a black civic 2006 or 2007 to trade trunks with. I do not want the wing on the trunk of my Si and want to trade the whole trunk so that I am not left with any holes. i am in central NJ. I will meet you at whatever body shop you agree to. my Si is brand new and the trunk and wing are in perfect condition. Please email me if anybody is interested. Thanks,
  • Options
    mamamia2mamamia2 Member Posts: 707
    I just went to my dealer and bought ONE (the 26") for about $10.... The other one I already got from the store (for half that price)....
  • Options
    michelleomichelleo Member Posts: 3
    Maintenance code B1 keeps showing up along with my oil life. I just got the oil changed and was reading the manual on how to change the oil code, but, it doesn't seem to work and the B1 code and old oil life is still there.

This is what I am doing -
    1) I hit the Sel/Reset button until the oil life and B1 code show up;
    2) I hold the Sel/Reset button for 10 seconds, but nothing happens - there is no blinking, nada. How does the B1 code get reset?
  • Options
    On my 2007, I just held it down until it did start blinking - I don't know how long it was, but it might well have been longer then 10 seconds. Once it started blinking, I let off the button, then pressed and held it again until the oil life reset to 100%.
  • Options
    michelleomichelleo Member Posts: 3
    It worked when I got home. I think there's another little trick - the engine can't be cold. Before, I was holding it down as soon as I got in. This time, I waited until I got home and it worked just fine.
  • Options
    po68nypo68ny Member Posts: 3
    Does anyone know of a solution to the problem of vibration / resonance around 1500 rpm. I'm told by the dealer that the computer is allowing the car to shift into 4th gear too soon but no solution seems to be in place that I'm aware of.
  • Options
    targettuningtargettuning Member Posts: 1,371
    This issue has absolutely been addressed and as far as I know the Honda service bulletin issued to fix it has been sucessful (it was for me and many others here). I no longer remember the number of the TSB but if you search under "lug bug" you will no doubt find all you need. By the way short shifting into 4th isn't the cause, it is the serpentine belt/tensioner. The serpentine belt is replaced as is the belt tensioner if I remember right.
  • Options
    defieldingdefielding Member Posts: 35
    My 99' CRV is in for a new timing belt, they broke the pulley and are waiting for a new one. The dealership supplied me with a 2006 Civic sedan as a loaner. I've been driving it for a week and I love it. It seems to do everything very well. It's a very solid car and I am amazed that the little 1800cc. motor has so much power and yet is only running 2000rpm at 100kmh (60mph). Lots of room, great handling, comfortable seats with plenty of up and down adjustment, cool dash lighting, lots of fun!
    I always thought that you can't go wrong with a Civic, this only serves to enhance that belief.
  • Options
    ampeg500ampeg500 Member Posts: 8
    Hey ffracer, all you have to do is take out fuse 37 and you're good to go! No more DRLs.
This discussion has been closed.