Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Bluetooth Technology

Comments

• Options
    igibanigiban Member Posts: 530
    This is becoming annoying. My SE phone would have the headset setting auto on when it senses a BT device like my TL. Fine when I am in the car. But even when I leave my car the setting will stay on and then I can't use the phone unless I plug in a headset. Eventually the phone will sense that BT is lost and require no headset but that'd take quite a few min. Anyone knows a way around it?
  • Options
    stevedebistevedebi Member Posts: 4,098
    It's a bit off topic. But you could switch off the BT.
  • Options
    igibanigiban Member Posts: 530
    Thanks but I forgot to mention when trying to turn off BT on SE phone near a turned off TL it actually will say BT is busy and so you can't do that........
  • Options
    klee3klee3 Member Posts: 57
    Where can I find the list of bluetooth cell phones that are compatible with 2005 Acura TL? Please let me know. Thanks.
  • Options
    mountainman1mountainman1 Member Posts: 2
    I bought a 2005 Prius in March and we love it. Bluetooth works fine except for the downloading of the phone directory. This too, shall come.

The only way we know if a call is coming in, is by the muting of the audio system (radio, CD, Tape) and a totally silent message bar at the top of the screen that reads "incoming call". There are lots of times that we don't have any sound going in the car, and we are looking away from the screen trying to survive the traffic. Is there any capability for an audio tone or "ring" to alert us when we are busy negotiating traffic and not watching the screen? I have checked the Toyota manual and have come up with nothing.....or have I missed something.
  • Options
    cericceric Member Posts: 1,092
    Well, I am sorry to say that the problem is with your phone, not Prius. My V551 from Cingular works great with the Prius. Phone ringing thru left speaker, incoming call mutes stereo automatically, signal strength indicator, etc. The only complaint I have is with the one-shot download of the entire phone book.

Change your phone, and you will be even more happier with BT on Prius.
  • Options
    mountainman1mountainman1 Member Posts: 2
    Ceric: My phone is a V710 and I don't think Verizon supports the V551. Should the V710 be able to ring through the speaker like the V551?
  • Options
    ksyrupksyrup Member Posts: 11
    I'm buying a TL this weekend and have googled a couple of blog-type sites that seem to indicate compatibility with T-Mobile's 7100T. Anyone here have direct experience with this working? Any trouble spots or things to be wary of? Thanks!
  • Options
    Hey,
    Hope this site helps:
    http://www.pencomputing.com/wireless/motorolav710.html

Contact your dealer (of your phone) and see if there is any more software update that can improve the situation. Good luck. :)
  • Options
    newtsnewts Member Posts: 1
    I have a 605 and a Prius. Results are mixed. They paired up fine for me. I can upload 1 phonebook entry at a time to the Prius. So far so good. I can dial out and usually it works great. Sometimes I get an echo-y "robot voice" and the people can't understand me.

For incoming calls it works fine sometimes and at other times it doesn't notice that there is an incoming call. Even more so with Direct Connect. I had thought maybe it wouldn't support DC at all until one time it did. I don't know what was different but it was in call mode and I could hear DC audio and transmit as well although I did have to use the handset PTT button.

So I haven't worked it out yet. I love it when it works right. But so far it is too inconsistent to trust to normal use and I have BT turned off.

Otherwsie the 605 is a great phone. Large beautiful display, nice feel and durability. And once I got over the fact that it isn't a flip I have been pretty happy with it. It works perfectly with Headset Profile, at least with my Jabra BT200. I haven't yet been able to do anything interesting with a Palm PDA or bluetooth laptop yet.
  • Options
    mj4869mj4869 Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased an i605 with nextel and a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. After pairing and setup of my phone book the systems works just fine. That's not to say I may have difficulty later down the road but so far it works perfectly.
  • Options
    jang3jang3 Member Posts: 10
    I purchased 2005 MDX with bluetooth a month ago. Since Verizon offers only Motorola V710 phone for bluetooth...I swithed phone.

For the first few days, it worked fine for incoming and outgoing calls.

However, it became very unstable connection for incoming calls.
    When I pick up incoming calls by pressing HFL button, 7 out of 10 times, I hear nothing.
    The person who called can hear my voice.
    Then, 5 out of 10 times, it cuts off by itself.

I can physically answer the motorola phone. (Soemtimes voice still goes thru HFL, though).

I do not have ANY problem with outgoing calls.

Acura dealer was not able to duplicate problem, even thouth I demonstrated few times, and doesn't seem know much about it.
    Verizon also pointing fingers at Acura...
  • Options
    lamonklamonk Member Posts: 3
    Thank You Newts and MJ4869 for responding, I was starting to lose faith in this Forum. I was hoping somebody would respond and y'all answered the call. I am going to buy a 605 and see how it works. If the BT doesn't work as expected, I will return the phone using Nextel's 15 day satisfaction policy. Newts, what year Prius do you own, I'm wondering if BT works better in later models. I have a 2005, purchased in March 05.
  • Options
    stevedebistevedebi Member Posts: 4,098
    " Newts, what year Prius do you own, I'm wondering if BT works better in later models. I have a 2005, purchased in March 05."

I thought that the 2005 was the latest model?
  • Options
    eman5eman5 Member Posts: 110
    Is there a Verizon cell phone that fully Bluetooths with the RX400h? If not, will there be one out in the near future?
  • Options
    lamonklamonk Member Posts: 3
    Well, of course the 2005 is the latest model, but occasionally the better manufacturers, like Toyota, update the software from model year to model year, even within model years. Thats why I was wondering the model year for Newts Prius, Yo Comprendo Amigo!
  • Options
    acurasalesguyacurasalesguy Member Posts: 1
    If you haven't done this already, go to the palmone website to download the Sprint patch for the 650. I use mine in my TL and have no problems. You need the 1.08 software version.
  • Options
    frisconickfrisconick Member Posts: 1,275
    Can anyone tell be what is the best phone BT? I just bought a TL, and found out that my old phone does not have BT technology.
  • Options
    rmskormsko Member Posts: 21
    I have a 2005 MDX and have the exact same problem. I set the phone to "auto answer" for hands free and it helps a little bit, but I still have the problem about 30% of the time. I also have a Blackberry 7100 and I never experience this problem with that phone. Consequently, I'm pretty sure that the problem is with the v710 and not the Acura and there probably will be nothing that can be done about it until new firmware comes out for the v710.
  • Options
    blueboy1blueboy1 Member Posts: 1
    I have just purchased a new Lexus RX 330 and to go along with it I upgraded my phone to the Motorola v710 so I could use the bluetooth wireless car setting. But I can't transmit my phone book from the phone to the car. I called Verizon and they said they disable the feature on the phone. Does anyone know how to re enable this feature? :confuse:
  • Options
    kylepkylep Member Posts: 7
    Have a 04 TL. Just upgraded phones from the Sprint LG w/ Bluetooth to a Cingular Treo 650. I can pair the phone with the car but it drops the signal after 20 seconds or so. The people at Cingular said to check with Acura, so I thought I'd come here first. The old LG worked beautifully with the car - is the Treo not compatible? Please tell me that's not the case....
  • Options
    My dealer, Acura of Marin - they are great, told me that the Motorola V550 is good for the TL BlueTooth. Anyone know?
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    You may want to note this info for a handy resource to settle bar bets. Or maybe even buy your next car:

edmunds2Go!

Steve, Host
  • Options
    bhelsdonbhelsdon Member Posts: 134
    I have the V551 and it works perfectly.
  • Options
    Thanks, Motorola V551 it is then. :shades:
  • Options
    redupredup Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a 2005 MDX...and am seriously considering a bluetooth phone. Have Verizon so looks like I will face some issues with the v710. Will come back to the forum with some followup comments after a test run with the v710.
  • Options
    nebraskaguynebraskaguy Member Posts: 341
    Have Verizon so looks like I will face some issues with the v710.

I too have Verizon and have had issues with the V710, mainly with the functions that Verizon required Motorola to disable. However, I did an update download a few weeks ago and that has resolved most of the issues. Overall, it works well.
  • Options
    jang3jang3 Member Posts: 10
    I went to Verizon Service Center, but they not willing to help.
    Following is from FAQ on their web site:
    How do I get help setting up accessories other than headsets?
    Verizon Wireless does NOT provide technical support for setting up any
    Bluetooth accessories, other than headsets. For additional Bluetooth support
    related to Motorola handsets, please contact Motorola.

Nebraskaguy, Could you tell me how you update download?
  • Options
    Nebraskaguy, Could you tell me how you update download?

Press *228 + SEND Then follow the prompts.
  • Options
    rbrassrbrass Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased an Audi A6. There are lots of posts that suggest that bluetooth compatibility on Sprint phones is spotty. Does anyone have a recommendation on the best phone to use. I was considering the TREO 650. Thanks!
  • Options
    pascal333pascal333 Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone had any luck with the Moto V3 Razr? I have a Lexus and wonder if it is an option for me to the V551. How about in the Primus? The issues seem to be the same. Thanks! :cry:
  • Options
    If you don't mind my asking, "What issues you have with V551 and Toyota/Lexus vehicles?". I have a Prius and V551 and they work together almost perfectly (other than the missing of "whole phone book transfer" capability - you have to do it one by one....). My co-worker has a Lexus LS430. He also has a V551, which works with LS430 as well. I can't imagine that a Razr works not as good as a V551.
  • Options
    asusemichelasusemichel Member Posts: 1
    Have attempted unsuccessfully to link Treo 650 with Lexus LS430.

Can anyone help who has any success in linking Treo 650 with Lexus LS430 or Prius?
  • Options
    My dealer recommended the V551 for my wife's new Acura TL.
  • Options
    upstatedocupstatedoc Member Posts: 710
    Right on the money, the Treo 650 w/ Sprint carrier is an excellent BT phone for the TL after you download the 1.08 software update from palmone (its free). JH
  • Options
    draculadracula Member Posts: 3
    I have a bluetooth phone that I have paired with the Cadillac STS computer but it seems everytime I start the engine, the Bluetooth phone is not seen until I Connect again with the CONFIG button.

Is that the way it operates? Do I have to CONNECT every time I start the engine?
  • Options
    cltshoppercltshopper Member Posts: 2
    Just thought I'd add my experience into the mix. I was having this exact same experience regarding difficulty with answering incoming calls. I have been working with Angel at Johnson Controls (2nd Tier support for Acura HandsFree Link) and one temporary fix that she gave me appears to work. I disabled the Audible Announcement of an incoming call and the phone has worked consistently without fail with answering incoming calls. I really like this audible announcement feature so I continued to experiment. I have also been able to get it to work with the audible announcement set to RING. However, my problems immediately start again if I set the audible announcement to the option to announce "You have an incoming call". So, try that and see if it helps.

Angel says she is continuing to work with the engineers on this issue but I'm able to be a bit more patient since I have a decent workaround.
  • Options
    This BT technology seems to be a big hassle. Who needs the hassle and expense, I will just pull over and use my cell phone. :cry:
  • Options
    joe05acuratljoe05acuratl Member Posts: 1
    Nebraskaguy, After the update what is the S/W version (This is found under Phone Info / Other Information / S/W Version). I just purchased this phone and the version is 8700_01.40.0R - is there a newer version?

thanks
  • Options
    Nebraskaguy, After the update what is the S/W version (This is found under Phone Info / Other Information / S/W Version). I just purchased this phone and the version is 8700_01.40.0R - is there a newer version?

Mine is 8700_01.30.8F which I assume means yours is a newer version. I haven't done an update for about a month, so I probably need to again.
  • Options
    This BT technology seems to be a big hassle. Who needs the hassle and expense, I will just pull over and use my cell phone.

I love the BT technology. I don't talk on the phone much when I'm driving, but I've used the BT phone often - to call friends to tell them I'm running late, call a restaurant to make reservations, etc. A feature I really love - picking a restaurant or hotel from the nav system when traveling, then pressing "Call" to automatically dial the establishment. It's great. While I don't believe it's safe to talk much on the phone while driving, brief BT calls are safer, in my opinion, than pulling to the side of a highway to make a call.
  • Options
    Well I don't pull off to the side of the freeway! :P I get off the freeway, but I will give BT a try. ;)
  • Options
    getakeygetakey Member Posts: 23
    wondering if anyone has these symptoms and/or cure:
    When using the HFL, the command volume is very loud, but the actual call volume is low. I need to turn up the call volume to about the vol 20 level to hear caller, but then commands are umbearably loud.
    Also, after call, stereo volume is reset to around vol 8 range. Is that a feature or a problem?
  • Options
    wanderer2wanderer2 Member Posts: 1
    I bought the Jabra A210 and it won't pair with my Accura TL (2005). Any suggestions? :confuse:
  • Options
    My dealer, and someone here, recommended the Motorala V551.
  • Options
    rgatlrgatl Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone used Verizon's new Motorola e815 with the Acura TL's Bluetooth?

Thanks,
    rg.
  • Options
    afb53afb53 Member Posts: 4
    Did you ever get an answer on this? I am having the same problem.
  • Options
    mexibecmexibec Member Posts: 114
    Any folks with an 06 Infiniti M and the new Samsung i730 (Verizon)? If so, how is your experience? Any problem at this point? Thanks!
  • Options
    tomc100tomc100 Member Posts: 12
    Strange thing: I have the Nextel Blackberry 7520. Worked great for two weeks with the M35 blue tooth (some echo problems, but it worked). All of a sudden, it fails. Of course it is not supported by Infiniti. I have Nextel send me another blackberry. Same thing happens. It works for a week, than quits. I can pair it, but than it says my phone is not connected. Why would it just give up after a week or 2? Any possible work around? Does anyone know the blue tooth manufacturer that Infiniti uses? I love the car but their blue tooth department is not helpful at all. Anyone with any ideas of how to work around this problem. Since I had the functionality of the blue tooth, and saw how cool it was, I want it back. Please help.
  • Options
    nightcrawler29nightcrawler29 Member Posts: 146
    Has anyone paired a BT phone with Sprint carrier to the Acura TL?
    I saw a previous post recommending the Treo 650, and then there's the Sony Ericsson T607.... does anyone have any experience using these?
This discussion has been closed.