Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Bluetooth Technology

Comments

• johnnyflashjohnnyflash Member Posts: 1
    Planning on buying a 06 Saab 9 3. I have a Nokia 6255i that I plan on using in the car. Any one with any experience with either?
  • pchandlerpchandler Member Posts: 8
    Has anyone tried sprint's new Samsung A940? I am getting my new Acura next week and am looking for a sprint phone that will work with the bluetooth in the car.
    Just got my 06 RL. The sprint samsung A940 is crystal clear with the hands free link. The signal strength and battery power do not show up on the display. Anyone know if there is a setting that can correct this?
  • gmeythalergmeythaler Member Posts: 7
    acura website
  • gmeythalergmeythaler Member Posts: 7
    have you upgraded your Treo software lately?
  • els1els1 Member Posts: 4
    Did you ever find a solution to your problem. I'm having
    the same issue with my new Motorola E915??
  • bennyb1bennyb1 Member Posts: 3
    Hi. DOes anyone know if the Motorola V360 is compatible with the TL? I know that the V330 is, and the V360 is just the upgrade to the v330.

Thanks!
  • brokergbrokerg Member Posts: 3
    Does anyone know if the new Samsung MM-A900 through Sprint works with the RL. I think the phone just became available last week.

Thanks
  • okwhynotokwhynot Member Posts: 1
    My Razr from Verizon is working well with my 2006 TL, signal stregnth, battery life, etc. all show up on HFL. I've had to turn on bluetooth seek or whatever you call it each time I get in the car, but just found the bluetooth on option, hopefully that'll solve that.

The problem I'm having is with 'sending' numbers during a call. I.e. putting in your code during voicemail etc. I followed the instructions, but everytime I do it, the phone call turns into a high pitched signal noise, and I have to turn off and turn back on my rzr before I can make another call with it. Anyone experience this?
  • philbakerphilbaker Member Posts: 12
    Yes, my Treo 650 (Sprint) works on the RL. Hpwever it doesn't work without my initiating one call first. Then it always works both ways.
  • stevenyc7stevenyc7 Member Posts: 3
    I just wanted to know how you got that to work. If you go to www.acura.com/handsfree on that website they tell you that for SPRINT specifically samsung 940 is NOT comatible. I called Samsung today (I have 06 TL) to ask of the A920 will work with my car, that's the phone I am interesed in buying. And they said that no Samsung will work with acura.
    I have the 06 TL. Wanted to buy the Samsung A900, or A920 for my car to use hansfree. Was told by Samsung that all samsung bluetooth phones will not work with acura. Is this phone comatible with this car. I see some people using A940 with RL when on the acura (www.acura.com/hansfree) is specifically sais that A940 by samsung is not compatible. Please any help would be appreciated. I'd love to buy this phone today if I knew it would work with the TL.

Thaks
    Steve.
  • astrobufastrobuf Member Posts: 1
    On the Acurazine web site there are several messages indicating that folks did get an A900 and A940 to work with their TL, RL and MDX vehicles. There was a software update required. Apparently it is presently no longer available, but should be reissued. The patch fixed many but not all problems.

Astrobuf :mad:
    When I first got my car (06 TL)and I would push the telephone button, it would make a beep and whatnot, but I did not have a bluetooth phone at the time. Now when I puth that button nothing happens, as if its broken. Also when I go to HandFreeLink on the lcd in the car and push "select" it sais booting up, and just stops there. The car is not moving nothing. I called Acura they told me that I have to go to the dealership. Anyone had a similar issue that they might possibly help me with this??

Thanks

Steve.
  • tgeorge3tgeorge3 Member Posts: 1
    I just took deliivery of my 06 Range Rover and would like to know if you found a phone to work in the cradel or ? I was told by the dealer that Nokia 6100, 6220, 6230 work but as you I can't find anyone that still manufactures these models.

Thank you

Tom
  • surftamersurftamer Member Posts: 6
    To solve the problems of sending additional numbers to enter voicemail, etc:

Create a newm phone contact (name it voicemail, for example) and enter the numbers, like #27345 and save it.

Make the call to your primary number, and when it answers, press the send button and say "Call Voicemail"...the system will then send the additional numbers you stored.

Works great for me after a lot of trial and error
  • natergatornatergator Member Posts: 1
    I am also having this issue with my '06 TSX. Called Acura and they said that they are still testing this phone (Razr V3c) and won't know if its compatibility for another 6 weeks.

Does anybody else have this issue or know of any workarounds?
  • naviboynaviboy Member Posts: 6
    I'm a big music fan and have been irritated that when playing a CD and then making/receiving a call the CD is only muted, not paused/stopped. The other day I had a pretty long call and ended up missing half of the CD I wanted to listen to... do all systems do this?
  • minivandanminivandan Member Posts: 17
    I have the same phone - Siemens SX66 (w/Cingular) and Acura says it isn't compatable. I can pick up calls (sometimes)on the BT, but have about a 20% success rate in making them.

Anyone else have a Siemens SX66
  • kj2005kj2005 Member Posts: 17
    Does anyone know if the newest Toyota Bluetooth compatability is 2.0 compliant? Does anyone have any experiences good or bad with their device in a '06 Sienna?
    I have the Siemens SX66 and I have the same issue with the Acura RL and TL... sometimes I find that I need an incoming call after pairing to complete the 'linking' between the devices. Very odd.

The Sienna system though does work better with the phone, although it isnt perfect either.

In both cases, from all the phones I've tested, it is the Siemens phone which is the issue...I think it is compliant with Bluetooth, but has a terribly low/inconsistent signal.
  • tljotljo Member Posts: 5
    Hi Naviboy,
    Next time you make a call check the CD timer display
    and make note of the time. When you end your call
    it should pick up at the same time. If not have your unit checked because mine does not just mute the sound
    it also pauses/stops the CD
    GOOD LUCK and enjoy the great sound of DVD-A :shades:
  • goodegggoodegg Member Posts: 905
    My Motorola V555 hooked up easily with the Hands Free Link in my Acura. This phone was not listed on Acura's website as being compatible, but it is. Paired with HFL quickly and easily. No more missing calls because you couldn't hear the phone ringing cause you were pumping the tunes.
    Actually, I did specifically test this...but while playing MP3 files on a CD (not an Audio CD). I will see if an actual Audio CD reacts differently...
    It would be interesting if there is a difference since in both situations you're playing from a local disc.

Thanks for the info! (I rarely play audio cds).
  • navguy1navguy1 Member Posts: 181
    Check for the approved Bluetooth cell phones via LetsTalk.com. Most Motorola, Nokia and SonyEriccson phones work if they come from Cingular. ;)
  • laxcoachlaxcoach Member Posts: 36
    i have an 04 tl and considered getting a new phone with bluetooth, but i've read that the quality is like hearing someone talk through a tunnel. looking for honest opinions on the clarity and ease of use of the voice activated phone. is it worth it? thanks for your input!
  • goodegggoodegg Member Posts: 905
    I'm told by the people on the other end of the call that the clarity of the call is just fine. I think the quality of the signal and the service you have (digital/analog) may affect your call.

Overall its a great feature, especially when receiving a call since the system automatically turns the radio volume down when your phone rings. I've missed calls in the past cause I couldn't hear my phone ring over the radio.

And XM is awesome BTW!
  • stoneman1stoneman1 Member Posts: 1
    Do you have any more information on the patch and when it will be available for the A900? I could not find any information on Acurazine. Where did you hear it will be reissued?
  • jstreetjstreet Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2005 RL and just got the A900. I can't get it to work well at all. When dialing out, the bluetooth drops after the connection is completed. Anyone have any ideas?
    The A940 work just out of the box. The A900 requires a software update. if you go thorough the menue settings then others the update phone software it will up date your software without having to go to a store or anything. I can initiate and answer calls without a problem with both phones. the A900 will not let me hang up a call, i have to wait for the other party to hang up or open the phone and hit end. The A940 will hang up without a problem. I have the A940 and my girlfriend has the A900, the A900 is much cooler, hopefully they will come out with another update soon to make it even better.
  • edspider1edspider1 Member Posts: 195
    Has anyone tried or seen the Parrot 3200 bluetooth add-in kit in operation? It looks like a nice way to add bluetooth to a car that doesn't have it. Parrot has many options and are common across the pond. I didn't find any references in this forum.
  • thaispicethaispice Member Posts: 3
    After joining the Prius owner community this month, I promptly bought a Bluetooth-enabled Motorola v360 mobile phone. I am able to establish a Bluetooth link between the phone and my car. However, whenever I leave the car, the Bluetooth link is broken, and when I re-enter and restart the car, the phone does not automatically reconnect to the car, even though I have "Auto-connect" selected on my Prius Bluetooth settings and Bluetooth "always on" selected on my phone settings.

Please, does anyone have any advice on how to maintain the Bluetooth connection?? I of course would rather not have to buy a new phone. Thanks in advance.
  • fndlyfmrflyrfndlyfmrflyr Member Posts: 668
    Our Prius has no problem with either Motorola E815 (or a previous LG) Bluetooth phone. Finds it every time. The broken link is normal when you leave the car. It takes ours a minute or so to re-establish the link after we return and 'start' the car. Bluetooth range for our combination is about 50 feet or so.

Note: Sound quality from the car speaker isn't great. The phone numbers on the car screen go blank when the car is moving. However, pressing a blank (no-number showing) preset number does work (the number is called). There is a kit available to make all of the car screen functions visible and functional when the car is moving.
  • thaispicethaispice Member Posts: 3
    Even when I restart the car and wait a minute (or an hour), the car doesn't find the Motorola v360. Are there certain settings you would suggest I try on the phone and/or the car? Also, if you get into your car and immediately try to dial someone, does your Prius connect with your phone automatically, i.e., before a minute elapses?

A friend suggested that my problems may exist because the 2006 Prius supports only version 1.1 of Bluetooth, whereas my phone might be v. 1.2. Any thoughts?
  • fndlyfmrflyrfndlyfmrflyr Member Posts: 668
    My settings are like yours. Bluetooth 1.2 is supposed to be backward compatible with 1.1, so even if the car is 1.1 and the phone 1.2 they 'should' work together. The fact the phone and car connect the first time during the day, but not the second time, is a puzzle and my be due to 1.2.
  • minihopefulminihopeful Member Posts: 14
    I also have the Moto E815 with my '05 TL. Just curious, but are you having any problem receiving calls in the voice-prompt mode? Whenever I press the HFL talk button to answer an incoming call, the system picks up the call but then immediately switches back to the audio system mode. The caller tells me it feels like I've placed them on hold. To "re-answer" the call, I'd have to press the talk button again, then press the end button. This will alow me to stay on the call. Quite an annoyance, really. I contacted Acura, and they indicated the voice-prompt mode doesn't work with the E815. The HFL system only works properly in the ringer mode, which is what I've done. I rather like the sexy female voice, though.
  • upstatedocupstatedoc Member Posts: 710
    Hello,

Trying to get an idea how well the A900 works in the TL. I currently have a treo 650 w/ the "patch" that works well despite not being on the approved list. Anyone currently have this setup? (A900/TL) Thanks.
  • buyer777buyer777 Member Posts: 70
    Anyone use the Verizon-Blacberry 7130 with the Acura TL?
  • adamsfamilyof6adamsfamilyof6 Member Posts: 2
    You mention the KIT that makes the Toyota Sienna screen functions operable while the car is moving...

Where can I find this kit?

Respectfully,

-Wes
  • adamsfamilyof6adamsfamilyof6 Member Posts: 2
    Car: 2006 Toyota Sienna
    Option: BlueTooth
    Phones: Nokia N70 and Sony Ericsson p910a
    Problem: Unable to register either phone

Does anyone know why these two perfectly good phones are unable to connect to the BlueTooth on our new 2006 Sienna? The RazrV3 works fine...

Much obliged

-Wes
  • rjjjtjdjrjjjtjdj Member Posts: 1
    Acura said the A900 should be compatible in a couple of weeks. Something about new software update from satellite and to try and use the HFL every week.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
  • confusedontlconfusedontl Member Posts: 15
    Anyone else having this problem??? I just paired my Razr phone with my Acura TL and my battery does not keep a charge. It was fully charged yesterday and this morning my phone was off and dead. I was wondering if anyone else was having a problem like this. Thanks!!
  • mdchachimdchachi Member Posts: 275
    I think keeping bluetooth on full-time will eat up the battery. Are there any power-save settings?
    Not that I know of. I will read the manual.
  • tljotljo Member Posts: 5
    I have a Moto E815 that I leave on all the time
    and most nights I leave it sitting in the car( on ). The
    phone is only a few months old so the battery is also
    new. I only recharge about every 4 days. My old phone was about 18 months old and the battery only lasted about 1 day.
    Ok. I will look into getting a new battery. This phone is a year old. I really dont want to get anthoer phone. I purchased this razr when it first came out at 400.00. If it's not the battery then I just will turn off the bluetooth. Thanks!
  • upstatedocupstatedoc Member Posts: 710
    My Razr (1 week old) has auto shut off of blue tooth when not in range of car (30 feet, I think), is your phone "on" within that distance overnight? Or, maybe the older Razrs dont have auto shut off. Keeping bluetooth on constantly I think drains the battery.
    I checked my phone and it does have the auto off. It turns off when I am away from my car 30 ft. My battery is still going dead. My husband has a black razr that he just got in December and his is fine. I guess my phone is just older and not updated. Thanks guys!
  • mdchachimdchachi Member Posts: 275
    Try complaining and see if you can get a new battery. Might help to upgrade the software too.
This discussion has been closed.