2024 Chevy Blazer EV lease from Bayway Auto Group Click here

2024 Jeep Grand Cherokee lease from Mark Dodge Click here

2025 Ram 1500 Factory Order Discounts from Mark Dodge Click here
Options

Chevrolet Tahoe Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• Options
    kylechoffmankylechoffman Member Posts: 79
    google gmac, open the site, click on auto loans in the middle of the page - new window opens and payment estimator is on the right. Click on the payment estimator link and open new window - plug in your info and it will spit out estimates based on all of their programs.
  • Options
    zoesamzoesam Member Posts: 33
    RE; adding leather, I don't know, I had the opposite issue, I had to have cloth. BUT, I am confused by your post, b/c it refers to an LT2 Tahoe & that should already have leather. Leather is the standard interior on an LT2 or above.

Re; the dealer demo. I took it to my trusted mechanic & had them check it out. Most mechanics offer an inspection for around $99 & mine was willing to do a mini-inspection for approx $50, but b/c I'm such a good customer, they gave me a brief but thorough inspection for free & took it on a quick test ride & then gave me their opinion. I was mainly looking for signs that someone had drove it really hard for those 6K miles or had done a bunch of off-roading. The body condition already told me that serious off-roading was unlikely. The mechanic was able to quickly & easily show me that it had most likely been driven the way the dealer claimed - by a sales manager as a commuting vehicle. If I'd had concerns, i'd have spent $99 for the full checkout, worth it to save a few thousand $$. And of course it is still under the remainder of the warranty.
  • Options
    ced33ced33 Member Posts: 5
    I had after market leather installed in a prior vehicle and was planning to do the same until I did a web search on Tahoe Leather Recall. According to GM the passenger seat airbag switch only work with cloth if that is how it left the factory. GM is only recalling 804 vehicles which they installed leather after rentals or lease return, but "BECAUSE A REPLACEMENT LEATHER SEAT COVER THAT IS COMPATIBLE WITH THE PASSENGER SENSING SYSTEM IS NOT AVAILABLE" why would any other aftermarket leather seat cover be any better?
    The leather is nicer, but is vehicle safe? I am confused as to why dealers would be doing it if GM recalled other ones. Would you still put aftermarket leather in?
  • Options
    nflguynflguy Member Posts: 90
    I was thinking of saving some money by getting the base model LS and having leather added. After reading that last post, I would be concerned the passenger airbag wouldn't work. Does the dealer replace the cloth interior with leather pre-sale or do you have it done after you buy the car??

Do all trim levels come with side airbags? and do all come with Dual climate control? My wife likes it hot and I need it cold in the car .
  • Options
    skazskaz Member Posts: 7
    i have been offerd a fully loaded chevrolet tahoe ltz - the elctric running boards.. a sticker price of 53,140. if i can get a selling price of 49k with the 0% financing on an 07 is that a good deal or can i do better
  • Options
    I'm thinking of offering GMS price minus 2k (becuase of the dealer holdback).

I wish this board had quicker responses.
  • Options
    I was told the LTZ suspension stinks unless you plan to go offroading alot.
  • Options
    what is GMS?
  • Options
    Employee/supplier discount = GMS
  • Options
    mark16mark16 Member Posts: 11
    You should be able to do better. Chevy is still offering 4k in rebates and some other small incentives. Offer dealer 42k.
  • Options
    11k off MSRP plus o% financing can be achieved? I thought it was one or the other.
  • Options
    Doubtful you'll get the 0% as well but 11K off sticker is realistic.
  • Options
    mjb11mjb11 Member Posts: 2
    LT 3 flex fuel 07 tahoe
    3 row passenger,3rd row seat
    electric sliding sunroof
    heated washer fluid system
    sensing wipers
    power lift gate with lift glass
    2nd row heated seats
    rear seat entertainment system
    MSRP: 46775
    dealer asking 36775 + TTL
  • Options
    if that was a 4wd and in the color I wanted, I would buy it - thats exactly what im looking for and cant find it in socal.
  • Options
    mjb11mjb11 Member Posts: 2
    This is a 4 wheel drive. The color is misty gold. I'm in New York and did locate this car. Thank you for your help.
  • Options
    We are trying to decide between two 2007 Tahoes LT3 trim

Both come with LT3 options (Heated leather seats etc)

Plus:

Remote start

Rear parking assist

Electric sliding sunroof

Bose Speaker system

Both vehciles come with the standard 17" wheels

Car #1 Is Dark Blue Mettalic with Titanium/Grey leather interior.

Car #2 Is Silver Birch with Ebony/Black leather interior

How popular is either choice here?

Also, A buddy told me he knows a dealer who can get me the 20" wheels for 500 bucks. Are they worth it????
  • Options
    rockman59rockman59 Member Posts: 250
    Car #2 Is Silver Birch with Ebony/Black leather interior
    Also it comes with 2nd row captain/bucket chairs and a typical fold down third row. Are second row captains chairs considered a plus?
  • Options
    It comes down to personal preference. I have 2nd row bench and can easily seat three. 3rd row seat is an option but a hassle to use.
  • Options
    So captains chairs in second row isn't considered an upgrade?
  • Options
    Captains are an upgrade. I would assume they feel more spacious, comfortable than a bench as they are contoured to the passenger.

I think the other poster was aluding to the fact that its personal preference as you lose a seat.

I would be hard pressed to buy captains with a baby, but i would prefer them as it seems like its easier to access the rear seats./
  • Options
    Were expecting our first in Feb. Why does having a baby make it difficult to have 2nd row captian chairs? Cant the baby seat sit in the captains chair as it would on a bench seat?
  • Options
    Anyone know what the extended warranty costs on the Tahoe and if its worth it??
  • Options
    rockman59rockman59 Member Posts: 250
    Anyone know what the extended warranty costs on the Tahoe and if its worth it??
    The cost is determinded by how many miles you want to cover and a what point in the vehicle's age you buy the warranty. GM has a good warranty that you can use at any GM dealer anywhere. Be careful when buying a warranty from and indie type company. Many of these small guys come and go and you could be left with no coverage.
  • Options
    Quote --- Were expecting our first in Feb. Why does having a baby make it difficult to have 2nd row captian chairs? Cant the baby seat sit in the captains chair as it would on a bench seat?
    ------------------------------------------------------------

I never stated that having a baby makes it difficult to have the captains chairs. In terms of safety, the middle seat in the second row is the safest in terms of impact zones for infants. Also, if you have side curtain airbags, its not the best to put a baby in the captains chairs next to the rear doors.

This is all information provided by the National Highway Traffic Safety Admin.

They dont say you cant do it, just recommend a middle seat for infant seats. My Volvo XC90 has side curtains, thus i put my child in the middle (which totally blows as I have to reach farther). But then heer seat wouldnt fit behind my drivers seat since im 6'1"
  • Options
    This concerns me. We were planning to put our baby in one of the captains chairs. The Tahoe were looking at comes with side airbags. We had preferred a 2nd row bench but all the LT3 models we have seen have captains chairs instead of the bench.
  • Options
    73shark73shark Member Posts: 325
    My wife had an XC90 for four months but its middle second row seat actually would slide forward. Not sure if that was an option or not as bought used and not a Volvo guy.
  • Options
    have found a dealer who will sell me the 2007 Tahoe I want (LT3 with sunroof and rear parking assist, side airbags for all rows, and 20' premium wheels). It does have those 2nd row captain chairs instead of a bench though.

For $30,900 plus TTL

The vehicle has 240 miles becuase it was a dealer trade.

The only things that would have been nice but this one doesn't have are the navigation system and DVD and rear parking camera. I figure rear parking assist should be good enough.

Good deal?
  • Options
    zoesamzoesam Member Posts: 33
    Sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me. I paid 32K for LT1 w/6000m a few wks ago. I love the rear park assist & I test drove a couple w/the camera & actually found the camera distracting. The only down side I've found to the regular rear sensors is that the audible signal is not very helpful if you've got the stereo blasting. But obviously that's a user issue :-)
  • Options
    All seats in the second row move back and forth, including the middle seat.

To the guy that got an offer for 32 or 30K for that LT3, thats a rediculous deal - if it is 4wd even better. If I was offered that with the financing rates, I would lock it up this evening.
  • Options
    My local dealer doesn't want to sell to me for a fair price, so I found a dealer about 250 miles away that said they would do a dealer trade with my local dealer to get the tahoe I want and then turn around and sell it to me for the 30k.

Now here is the dilema:

They can send a driver to my local dealer to pickup the Tahoe and then drive it to my house and do the deal here.

Or for 400 bucks more they will take the Tahoe back to the new dealer (250 miles away) and replace the stock 17" wheels with 20" painted aluminum premium wheels.

The catch is that I would then have to fly down or drive down 250 miles to the new dealer and pickup the Tahoe as opposed to having it delivered to my house.

Are 20" painted alumnimum/premuim wheels worth the hassle of a short flight (117 bucks) followed by a 5-6 hr drive back home in the new tahoe if I'm getting the wheels for 400 bucks?

The new dealer should find out today if my local dealer will make the trade.
  • Options
    The 2nd row captains chairs in the 2007 tahoe will move back and forth??

GMAC is offering something like 10.4% right now. I went through Capital One Auto and got 6.6% and approval for up to $17,500. We plan to put 18 or 19k down and finance around 15k.
  • Options
    No in the volvo they do - that was a reference to another post.

Not to knock you but why would you ever put 18K down on a car that you can finance at 0%? You can put that money in a bank and make 5% easily on it in an index savings account. If you total that car, you will surely lose money..
  • Options
    My local dealer doesn't want to sell to me for a fair price, so I found a dealer about 250 miles away that said they would do a dealer trade with my local dealer to get the tahoe I want and then turn around and sell it to me for the 30k.

Now here is the dilema:

They can send a driver to my local dealer to pickup the Tahoe and then drive it to my house and do the deal here.

Or for 400 bucks more they will take the Tahoe back to the new dealer (250 miles away) and replace the stock 17" wheels with 20" painted aluminum premium wheels.

The catch is that I would then have to fly down or drive down 250 miles to the new dealer and pickup the Tahoe as opposed to having it delivered to my house.

Are 20" painted alumnimum/premuim wheels worth the hassle of a short flight (117 bucks) followed by a 5-6 hr drive back home in the new tahoe if I'm getting the wheels for 400 bucks?
    ----------------------------------------------------------

If the guy is going to drive down to dealer trade in your area, tell him to toss the 20's in the car he drives down and you can go have them installed later. Saves you the flight, plus the 2 hour drive.
  • Options
    I picked the rebates over the 0%. The final price of 30,842 (with the premuim wheels) was after GMS price and rebates.

My wife and I don't want a monthly payment too much over 300 bucks. If the final price of the car with ttl and everything is 33k and we put 18k down then we would only have to finance 15k and at 6.6% that comes to about $309 a month.
  • Options
    I will have full coverage insurance. I was also told about special coverage you can buy that will replace my tahoe with a brand new tahoe instead of just giving me used value. I plan to speak with my insurance rep about this soon.
  • Options
    edward23edward23 Member Posts: 26
    At 0% with a purchase price of 37K (adding back in the 4K incentive) your monthly looks to be a little over 500 a month, if I'm not mistaken. I'm assuming we're talking 60 months here, btw. Anyways...you figure the difference in payment to be 200 bucks a month. You take the difference, multiply it by 60, take that out of the 18K and put it aside, and whatever you have left over...is a BONUS.
  • Options
    "If the guy is going to drive down to dealer trade in your area, tell him to toss the 20's in the car he drives down and you can go have them installed later. Saves you the flight, plus the 2 hour drive."

Actually its more like a 5hr drive if traffic and weather are good..

I don't think they have a local shop around here and I'm sure the dealer they are trading from won't let them use that shop would they??

I will still ask what you suggested though. I will also see how much they would charge to drive the Tahoe back to my house after putting the new wheels on at the new dealership. I mean, if the charge would be the same as the cost of a flight, and gas back or even just slightly more then its worth not going through the hassle and have them bring it to me..
  • Options
    I was told if you take the 0% then you don't get the rebates.

37k purchase price financed at 0% over 60 months is $655.21

Assuming sales tax rate in Texas is 6.25% on new cars.

37k + tax at 0% AND 4k rebate would bring the monthly payment to $588.00

I'm getting GMS of 37k minus 8k in rebates/Dealer cash.

Assuming I Take the 0% and convince the dealer to give me 4k out of the 8k in rebates/dealer cash. The payment should be 621 a month. If I take the 8k in rebates and put 18k down then my monthly payment should be about $309. Thats a difference of $312.00 per month.

$312 times 60 is $18,720

Man, This really has me thinking.
  • Options
    Actually, isn't it 616 per month? Unless I'm missing something I just divided 37000 by 60.

Either way, my initial calculations were way off...I don't know where I got 500 a month from.
  • Options
    You have to add in Tax as well. 37k is just sales price.
  • Options
    Create a spreadsheet to see what is better for you. I understand getting lower payments but in reality/ the long run, would you rather pay interest to someone to have your car just to have a lower monthly payment or use your 18k you would put down to offset the monthly payments, all the while keeping the interest.

Either way, if the payments are the same whether you put 18 down or use it to pay the diff in the payments, if you do the later you are not paying someone interest on your purchase.
  • Options
    Scenario 1 - 37000/60 = 616.67 a month. TTL on top of this 2420 so total price of 39420. 39420/60 = 657 a month. There is 1.9 on 72 months - that payment would be 579 a month.

Scenario 2 - 309 a month with 18K down. (no idea how many months you are doing this for) - at 6.6% you will pay over 1600 bucks in interest in the first two years of this deal (go to bankrate and use the auto calc and look at the amort table).

I guess with all the rebates and that it offsets the depreciation and interest.

I wish you could gift the GMS program - I know wholesale/manager fleet manager at one of the local yukon dealers - i wonder if he can best the gmc program.
  • Options
    Anyone able to pull this off on a 2007 Tahoe? I got one quote for an 07 Tahoe (LT2 trim) and the MSRP is 39495. His asking price is 36775. With the rebate of 5K, it goes down to 31775, but that's at whatever their "regular" APR is. If I want 0%, he's quoting the 36775. This is just the first offer from him though....

Just wondering what I should expect from dealerships on 07 Tahoes....
  • Options
    What extras does this LT2 have? Sunroof, dvd etc??
  • Options
    i suspect you will see flexing in dcember on both.
  • Options
    I got a whole list of option numbers. I swear I've never seen so many options for a vehicle...it's impossible to keep track of them all. I don't see anything that says sunroof...I just assumed it came with the LT2. It doesn't have the DVD entertainment system.
  • Options
    But if I wait until December, what will be left?

My wife really wants white and it seems the only white with leather interior left are white with ebony. I've had 3 dealerships tell me that all they have in white exterior in LT2/3 trim is with ebony interior. I assume that's not a popular combination.
  • Options
    I wouldn't wait until December unless your flexible on color. We wanted the LT3 and there are very few 07 left in the area in any color. We were lucky to find one that had what we wanted.
  • Options
    Here is my 2 cents

#1 Find out if you have a friend or family member who gets the GMS Discount. They can assign you a number so you get the discount as well. It's supposed to just be immediate family members but I know for a fact that it doesn't really matter. They just mark you down as child etc when they request the number.

If you get the GMS Discount then I'm guessing the price drops to about $35,000

There are 5,000 in advertised rebates going on..

That drops you to 30,000

The Dealers receive all kinds of bonuses and incentives from the manufactuer. They also receive what are called dealer bonus certificates. These are certificates the manufacturer gives the dealer for having inventory.

Request the dealer apply 2k of those certificates to drop the price an additional 2k. If he says he doesn't know what a DBC is then he is lying. It is possible that particular dealer has already used their DBC but another dealer might still have some they can use.

When the dealer starts talking about invoice price and how they need to charge a few hundred above invoice to make a profit. Consider this..

I have a friend who gave me the REAL invoice for the Tahoe I'm looking at. The MSRP of my Tahoe is 42k. If the dealer sells the Tahoe to me at $30,000 they will still make a profit of $3,200 due to hold back and other GM dealer incentives.

Dealers can sell cars for below invoice and still make a few thousand in profit.

Just remember that 99% of dealers lie becuase the less you know the about rebates and dealer incentives from the manufacturer, the more they can pocket. They assume the only info you have is the info they give you.

If you find a dealer who won't play ball, just shop around until you find one who will. That's what I did.