2024 Chevy Blazer EV lease from Bayway Auto Group Click here

2024 Jeep Grand Cherokee lease from Mark Dodge Click here

2025 Ram 1500 Factory Order Discounts from Mark Dodge Click here
Options

Chevrolet Tahoe Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• Options
    rockman59rockman59 Member Posts: 250
    Really the only specification that I want is leather seats and a black vehicle. I have had a dealer tell me that it would be "cheaper" for me to get an LS (vs. LT) and have them install the leather for me. Is this a good idea?
    Thanks for the info. This is valuable. In your opinion assuming the dealer offers the 4K customer cash back with the "Certificate" would I still be able to get additional discounts via negotiations with the dealers?
  • Options
    acowboyfanacowboyfan Member Posts: 27
    OK, this is getting stranger by the minute. I just got a call from my dealer (and this guy is the sales mgr) saying that GM had reversed course on everything they had told him yesterday, and that GM was now offering 0%/60 IMMEDIATELY on 07 Tahoes. Like, today. This is in lieu of rebates, so it's an either/or situation. But on a 5-year loan, you would have to get $6K in rebates to do better than 0%. Act fast, because apparently this is a 4-day only deal, expiring 10/1. Not sure what the program will be afterwards.

Otti - FYI, in pricing, I was able to get $600 below invoice, before any rebates. Now, keep in mind that this is because my dealer contact is a "guy" of one my father-in-law's friends, and he gives us his best deal without having to haggle with him. But, just to price check I've been getting quotes from other dealers, and they've been leading off with $1000-$1500 above invoice. I imagine that if I had negotiated with them I would have gotten them lower. You can probably get dealers down to invoice just by working one against the other. Get some internet quotes, and tell them that Dealer X is offering you a certain number, and get them to match it.
  • Options
    miltrmiltr Member Posts: 4
    Has anyone been able to verify the 0%/60 that acowboyfan mentioned? If it does exist can someone let me know. I've got my eye on an LTZ at the local dealer and can get it for 38K (demo with 1500 miles). If the 0% is on I want to pick it up tonight.

Thanks!
  • Options
    It's still not showing up on Chevy's website yet (they have the old incentives up still), but the GMC website has it up for Yukons. I can't imagine that GM is doing it on Yukes but not Tahoes (of course, if that is the case I'll buy a Yukon I suppose).

I'm waiting for the dealer to call me and tell me that my Tahoe is ready (he had to get it from a different dealer), and when he does I will double check with him and make sure it's still on.
  • Options
    From the GM website, for the CA region (not sure about anywhere else as I haven't checked): http://www.gm.com/shop/currentoffers/index.jsp?state=CA&region=we&x=20&y=11

0% for 60 months *or* $4K cash back on all 07 Tahoes, Yukons, and Escalades (and Trailblazers and Envoys, for that matter).
  • Options
    beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    Yes, wow--talk about a quiet intro. You just have to read or ask on your own to even find out...so I wonder if it'll really have much effect on helping sales.
  • Options
    kylechoffmankylechoffman Member Posts: 79
    Question - Has GM ever offered 0% for 72 months? I wouldnt mind holding out if its entirely possible or if they would offer crazy rebates that would offset the rate later in the year.

Im in no rush to buy, have an 06 xc90 which unfortunately do to a baby and a massive pup, plus another baby in a year so will need the room. But would like to know now if waiting wont hurt.

Anyone with input would be valued.
  • Options
    zoesamzoesam Member Posts: 33
    My info from 2 different dealers today matches what acowboyfan wrote. I easily (very easily) got both to bump to $5K just by asking & sounding confused about the 'aged' discount which recently expired.

Don't know if GM has ever offered 0% at 72 mos, but sales guy today offered 1.9% for 72 mos. I'm 99% sure that was his quote, but I didn't write it down, so double check to be sure.
  • Options
    0%/72 is certainly possible - in fact, my dealer has pretty much said that he expects the incentives to get better in November. The only problem at that point is inventory. I was pretty particular with what I wanted (loaded 3LT in a certain color) and as of right now there are only 3 in SoCal that fit the bill. So I'm pulling the trigger right now. If you are less picky - like say, you'll take an LS in any color - then you might do well to wait.

There is a lot of inventory left in SoCal, but it's almost all LS's and LTZs. There are almost no 1/2/3LTs left on the lots.
  • Options
    in san diego - there are a lot - most are 4x4 too.
  • Options
    Looking at the GMAC the 1.9% for 72 months is available.

For the 4K rebates, they are offering 10.4% which is horrible. I can get 6% at my credit union to offset the APR but its still not better than the 1.9.

I got an offer of 38K for a 44500 Black on Black LT2 package. 4x4, Remote Start, Z71 suspension package, third row for 38, 200 plus TTL.
  • Options
    Ok...I'm in Central Florida and I can confirm the 0/60 1.9/72. Went over to both of the local dealers yesterday. Neither of the sales managers even knew about it until I insisted that they look it up. They were surprised and dissapointed that there was no advertising. Special ends Monday.

Anyway. One dealer had 2 demos but only wanted to go invoice (NUTS). Both were fully loaded LTZ's with Nav and everything else. Said his best price was 46K. Both had 4K miles.

Went to the other and after some haggling and walking out last night he called this morning. It wasn't an aged unit (had only been on the lot about a month (I've been checking). Numbers are below

07 LT3 Z71 Tahoe 4X4 (6 miles)
    DVD Entertainment
    Sunroof
    2nd row captain's chairs (heated)

MSRP: $48,375
    Invoice: $44,530
    Sale Price: 43,700
  • Options
    b_man07b_man07 Member Posts: 3
    I got a quote for an 2007 LT1 tahoe down here in Houston for 29,000 after the 5000 rebate. I guess you add back the 5000 if you select the 0%. Here are all the specifics that the dealer gave me.

List Price: $39,000.00
    Invoice Price: $32,000

Features
    dual zone air conditioning
    power steering
    ventilated front disc / solid rear disc
    power windows
    tilt-adjustable steering
    4-wheel ABS
    daytime running lights
    passenger airbag occupant sensing deactivation
    AM/FM in-dash single CD player with CD MP3 Playbac
    alloy
    cruise control
    remote power door locks
    premium cloth
    power mirrors
    rear defogger
    heated mirrors
    clock
    compass
    intermittent front wipers
    roof rack
    steering wheel audio and cruise controls
    privacy glass
    trip computer
    intermittent rear wiper
    OnStar
    automatic transmission
    additional power outlet(s)
    floor mats
    keyless entry
    onstar system
    passenger air bag
    power drivers seat
    rear arm rest
    running boards
    Federal Emissions Requirements
    3.73 Rear Axle Ratio
    Locking Rear Differential
    Vortec 5.3L V8 SFI Engine w/Flex Fuel Capability
    Luggage Rack Center Rails

Seems like a pretty good deal to me.....What do yall think?
  • Options
    msachdevmsachdev Member Posts: 3
    LTZ Black LT3 Package, no NAV, but has DVD entertainment 2nd row bucket, power gate, 20 inch rims and leather.

Sticker on the website for dealer is # $46,225.00 They say it is 47 and change (after the rust proof crap) car has 3000 miles on it (demo) I want 60 months 0% I offered 39500 out the door. they came back with 43000 out the door. I left.

what do you all think?
  • Options
    My loaded 3LT (Nav, DVD, camera) has a list of 45,395 with an invoice price of $41,749, and I got it (well, am getting it - I pick it up tomorrow) for $41,200. And it's not a demo. I think the price you offered was fair for a car that barely qualifies as new.
  • Options
    b_man07, 2wd or 4wd? I can tell you that I was turned down today twice on my offer of an LT1 dealer demo w/6K miles. I offered 28K. They refused, I left. They called me a few minutes later, I bumped a little, they still refused. It's been sitting on their lot for over 1 1/2 YEARS! Maybe they already made quota for the month, who knows. They want $30K for it. "Mine" had some additional options that yours doesn't & mine was 4WD.

Anyway, based on my experience today, if ur talking for a brand new LT1, it sounds pretty good to me. Some dealers here are advertising 12K off MSRP on the aged 07's which is a little more than what ur being offered. Thanks for posting, you made me feel better about my decision to walk! Please post if/when you make your deal.
  • Options
    p.s. Weren't you the first time buyer? Are you planning to trade a vehicle &/or finance? A dealer may be willing to offer what looks like a spectacular deal on a new vehicle price b/c they assume a higher profit margin from your trade &/or finance. I know it can make your head spin, but there's plenty of books out there that explain how they'll re-coup their profit from your trade & from trying to get you to finance w/them.
  • Options
    ottiotti Member Posts: 6
    I think I am getting a fair deal but need your opinion.
    Sun Roof, Z71, 3LT Equipment, 2nd row bucket seats, 3rd row 3 passenger seats, Bose system. (No Nav or DVD)

MSRP $47110 includes $900 Destination Charge

Dealer inv. $43444.20 - (minus) Dealer Holdback & adv/finance Credit = true dealer invoice $41481.60

Dealer Offer $35600 + TTL ($39K OTD)- Includes 5K rebate and 3K in discount.

If add this up correctly (assuming there are no other allowances or rebates (Mystery to me) the dealer is making 6.5% profit.

Any thoughts?
  • Options
    b_man07b_man07 Member Posts: 3
    No trade, taking the 0%..I'll let you know what happens..
  • Options
    nflguynflguy Member Posts: 90
    I'm shopping for a 2007 tahoe LT3 package. I emailed two local dealerships. One responded that that they have a Tahoe LT3 with Smooth ride suspension and rear view camera system, 2nd row bucket seats and 20 x 8.5 aluminum polished wheels for 11k off MSRP of 46,095.

The 2nd dealer emailed me about a 2007 Tahoe LT3 with Sunroof, Z71 off road package, Z71 Suspension, 18" Aluminum Wheels, rear parking assist, 2nd row bucket seats. This car has a MSRP of $45,015.00 and via email they offered it to me for 35,113 plus ttl.

Aside from general advice on these two SUVS/Offers. Does anyone know the difference between smooth ride suspension and Z71 Suspension? We won't be using our SUV offroad anytime soon.

Also, I just found out that I get a GMS discount through my mother. I wonder how much more that could reduce the price.

I was thinking of offering 31k out the door for one of these vehciles.

Any thoughts??
  • Options
    How much are taxes, tile and license on a typical 30k SUV?
  • Options
    Depending on where you live, figure on 10%, with most of it being sales tax. My 3LT had a sales price of 41,200 (I took the 0% instead of the rebate), and my TTL was about 4 grand, with only about $600 being the TL of the TTL.
  • Options
    msn Auto shows the Tahoe LT3 invoice price as $35,750. I was told by a buddy that I should offer Invoice minus whatever rebates are in play. Sinc their are currently 5k in rebates does that mean an offer of 32k out the door would be a fair offer?
  • Options
    newowner20newowner20 Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking for some guidance on what is a fair offer price for a '07 Tahoe 4X4 LT3 in Chicago with the following options: sunroof, block heater, nav, rear view camera, entertainment package. I'm getting zero financing.
  • Options
    If it's just a 3LT with no other options that would boost the price, that sounds like a fair offer to me. You could probably do better - why not offer them $30,750, since you have $5K available in rebates?
  • Options
    sounds like the common theme is offering 12k plus under msrp. I have received offers for about 9k under invoice here in san diego. :(
  • Options
    Maybe I missed it somewhere, but where is the $12K under sticker? I paid about $4500 under sticker but took the 0% financing, so I guess I could have gotten it for $9500 under sticker. But $12K under sticker is pretty tough to get - that makes the dealer lose money on the car, which they are not usually inclined to do.
  • Options
    That's in Colorado that they are ADVERTISING 12K under sticker. I haven't tried asking for that. I do have a good rep at that dealer & she tells me it's on the old "aged" Tahoes/Subs & ran thru either Sat or today, I'm not sure. There is not a lot of 07 inventory here on the Tahoes, though there's quite a bit on the Yukons. Not all the inventory is "aged".

S'posedly the incentives all ran thru today, but end of month was Sat, so most of the dealers thought they only ran thru Sat. Got a vm from GMC sales rep this AM but claiming there's new incentives, but I haven't checked it out yet.
  • Options
    mlgreenmlgreen Member Posts: 1
    Hi, i'm looking to buy a used 07 4x4 tahoe with with the LT2 package. The invoice for the color and options i'm looking for come to 37,869. With the current 5K rebate i'm looking at a little under 34K for one brand new. Is it safe to say that I should be able to get a used 07 LT2 with under 14k miles for 30k or under? Maybe I should just buy new, the dealers around here are asking 35k plus for these cars when they could be had new for cheaper (with the current rebates).
  • Options
    Just talked to the GMC guy, the "new" incentive is the same as it's been all weekend $5K total. Here there's been a lot of confusion by the sales reps, they thought the 5K was only good thru Sat (they don't sell cars on Sun here), but GM's website always said it was good thru 10/1.
  • Options
    Depends on where you live, but I DON'T think it's safe to say you can get it for $30K or less. Read my post #223. I am looking at an LT1 w/6K miles & they are not budging from a little over 30K. I worked em hard over a few days, then sent over 'good cop' (my husband) 1 hour b4 closing time on the last day of month & they REALLY wanted him to buy it that day, they threw us a few bones BUT would NOT budge on the price. I figure if they let him walk on the last day of the month when he had a cashiers check in hand, that that really is their lowest price.

Of course YMMV & I imagine it could be different if you buy used from a private party.
  • Options
    Ok. Picked up the Tahoe on Sat. Options and final numbers are below.

Options:
    LT3 Z71 4X4
    Rear Entertainment
    Sunroof
    2nd Row Captains Chairs
    Rear Park Assist.

MSRP: 48,375
    Invoice: 44,530
    Selling Price: $43,500

Best price I could get in Central FL, plus it was the color the wife wanted. Probably could have got another $500 - 750 off but didn't want to have someone buy it from up under me. ride is great and you can't be 0%.

I spoke with my salesman today and he said they sold 5 of the remaining 8 they had, including all of the Z71 models.
  • Options
    if anyone is near sacramento, there is a dealer in elk grove with 36 4wd Tahoes on the lot.
  • Options
    Got an offer for the following:

2007 White on Black Leather Tahoe
    LT2 package
    Rear Seat Ent Package

45K MSRP
    Offer from Dealer - 35K Net cost (Not sure what net cost means)

Thinking of offering 35K OTD.
  • Options
    boorobboorob Member Posts: 1
    I've been surfing this board for 3 months, waiting for the best deal on a new or used Tahoe. I even found a wholesaler that gave me his Manheim auction login, but the Tahoes were either nasty or selling too high. This past Friday, as the new rebates came in, I had several of the local dealers call me, wanting me to buy from them. Best offer was $1k under invoice on an LT3, less the $5k rebate. It was a good deal, but none of the dealers had exactly what I wanted on the Tahoe. One of the dealers had an LTZ demo, loaded up MSRP of $51k with 16k miles on it. I paid $33,400 OTD(includes 5% sales tax)with an additional 3 yr, 36k miles warranty added to the 16k already on the vehicle. We love this ride and it was well worth the wait. I never imagined how sweet this baby looks and ride. I love it!
  • Options
    mark16mark16 Member Posts: 11
    I'm still checking but may be eligible for the GM Supplier discount. Does anyone know if it's possible to use GM card points towards the purchase of a new vehicle alone with the supplier discount?!?

Not sure if this double dipping is allowed....

Thanks!
  • Options
    Picked up my new Tahoe today.

It was a dealer demo w/6300 miles, OTD price including taxes & minus rebate = $32,758. Also got a free alignment plus an extra free tank of gas. They would've gone with a longer warranty instead, but that wasn't a good choice for me. It was an aged unit.

Options:
    LT1 4X4
    Bose speakers
    6 CD changer
    rear park assist
    dual zone air
    all airbags
    3rd Row bench seat

Edmunds pricing for this as a used 07 Tahoe w/6K miles was

Trade-in: 29,053
    Private party: 31,116
    Dealer Retail: 32,784

As a new car Edmunds price

MSRP: 41,910
    Invoice: 38,216
    Their asking price (including rebates which were only 3K at the time): 33,988 + 400 ADP + sales tax 6.4%.

If I was more flexible on options, I would've waited for a better deal, but I've been looking for months & it's very hard to find cloth seats w/the Rear Park Assist & I had to have those 2 things. The rest of the option list was exactly my dream options & as an added bonus, tho' I would've bought any color, this was my first choice. And it matches my metallic blue fingernail polish I was wearing today :)

The rear park assist has come in handy twice already & I only drove it home from the dealer & did a few errands on the way.
  • Options
    Just had a yukon dealer quote the following for yukons "If those dealer in San Diego have some older inventory, than they would qualify for an additional 2000 in rebates. Unfortunately, my only white 4WD Yukon doesnt qualify for that aged inventory discount"

Not sure if this only applies to GMC or possibly Chevrolet as well.
  • Options
    Don't know about the aged rebate, but the GMC dealers here have a ton of 07 inventory, mostly Denalis, as opposed to the local Chevy dealers which have had very little Tahoe inventory.
  • Options
    To your point, I was offered the following:

2007 4wd Yukon Dealer Demo with 7K miles

Power Front driver & passenger
    Heated Front driver and passenger
    Remote start
    rear park assist
    power fold mirrors
    2nd row captains chairs
    third row 2 passenger seats
    Power sunroof
    Heavy duty trans cooler

Dealer asked 35300 plus TTL

Black on Black leather

OR

A 2007 New LT Tahoe

White on black leather
    Entertainment package
    LT2 package

Same price 35500

Which is a better deal??
  • Options
    Seems to me it just depends on which options you want. 7K miles is just like a new vehicle...so no big deal there. Pick the one with the goodies best suited to your needs.
  • Options
    I believe the LT2 Tahoe pkg includes some of the options you have specified for the Yukon (rear park assist for example). Same engine? One of the Yukon Denalis comes w/a different engine & a nicer 6 speed transmission but worse gas mileage. Is the Tahoe also 4wd & do you care?

I think the better deal is the one that suits you best as far as options, engine, etc. If you're not mechanically inclined & are leaning towards the dealer demo, I'd have it checked out. Mine dealer demo needed an alignment which I neg. for them to do.

FWIW, the GMC dealers claim the brand has more cachet & will get you more on resale.
  • Options
    Im a bit leary of dealer demos only bc like you said, im not mechanical and known nothing about cars.

I want leather and a tahoe dealer offered to add leather to a tahoe - is that a bad idea?

im almost tempted to just suck up the payments and get the loaded tahoe at 38K (msrp of 48900) and not deal with any issues.

Everything im looking at is 4wd. Never thought about retrofitting one with leather.
  • Options
    Three Vehicles Im looking at - Not sure which is the best deal.

2007 4wd Yukon Dealer Demo with 7K miles

Power Front driver & passenger
    Heated Front driver and passenger
    Remote start
    rear park assist
    power fold mirrors
    2nd row captains chairs
    third row 2 passenger seats
    Power sunroof
    Heavy duty trans cooler

Dealer asked 35300 plus TTL
    Used MSRP looks like 48K
    Black on Black leather

OR

A New 2007 New LT Tahoe

White on black leather
    Entertainment package
    LT2 package
    MSRP 44900
    Same price 35500

OR

A New 2007 Tahoe LT
    LT3 Package
    Power Liftgate
    Power Sunroof
    Rear Ent Package
    20 Inch Aluminum Rims
    MSRP 49K
    Dealer asked 39K

Which is the best deal?? Outside of the demo, im generally seeing 8-10k off msrp. I dont really need a dvd package and probably could have one put in later for cheaper when my daughter gets old enough to face forward in a seat.
  • Options
    73shark73shark Member Posts: 325
    It was last year in May when I got mine.
  • Options
    bjammbjamm Member Posts: 5
    I was just offered the following:

07 Tahoe 2wd

Black with Black/Titanium Leather

LT3 Option pkg
    2nd row power, 3rd row 3passenger seat
    Rainsense Wiper
    Power Sunroof
    Power Liftgate
    Locking Differential
    Bose premium system
    DVD Navication
    Rearview Camera
    Offroad package

MSRP 48,825

Dealer asking 38 + ttl

Looks decent however I dont need the offroad pkg, and really dont need the 3rd row seating. So -3k for those two dealer should be asking about 35,500. Id offer 32k? Thats about what I want to spend.
  • Options
    Im a bit leary of dealer demos only bc like you said, im not mechanical and known nothing about cars. I want leather and a tahoe dealer offered to add leather to a tahoe - is that a bad idea?
    What's to worry about a dealer demo...that's what a warranty is for and if there were any problems that came with the vehicle from the factory they would have been fixed by now. As far as adding leather, I have been told by many that the quality of leather you get at an aftermarket shop is better than what comes from GM. Any local upholstery shop can do the leather job.
  • Options
    Looks decent however I dont need the offroad pkg, and really dont need the 3rd row seating
    It is almost impossible nowdays to find a Suburban without the 3rd row seat. You can alway sell the seat on Ebay or Craig's list...they are in demand. Make the dealer an offer of what you want to pay...they may just take it and getting the offroad package won't hurt your value come trade-in time.
  • Options
    Its it possible to get the 5k in rebates on the tahoe PLUS get 0% ?

I really need the 5k off to get the tahoe to a price I can afford. That is 5k after my GMS price. I'm wondering what kind of apr I will get if I put 18k down and finance 15k ?

Bank of America pre-approved me for 7.37% but that seems high to me.

Anyone know what APR % the dealers are offering people who take the rebates??