Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Hyundai Azera 2006

Comments

• snakeweaselsnakeweasel a Certified Edmunds Poster.Posts: 15,250
    And while we are on the subject of coupes, I am really looking forward to the next-gen Hyundai Tiburon when it switches to RWD (supposedly) + 3.3 or 3.8, and I am sold

I know its off topic but any word on the convertible?

2008 Sebring Ragtop, 2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2015 Honda CTX700D

• mechanic80mechanic80 Posts: 122
    I've found the ECS to be very unobtrusive. It allows a bit of spin on off-the-line hard acceleration but reins it in quickly and smoothly. In fact, the difference in that particular situation between ECS on and ECS off is hard to notice. In wet weather (haven't had it in snow yet) the ESC is a smooth operating system IMHO. It's vastly superior to the '98 Q45 I had and as good if not better than my '01 ES300. As I have yet to get into any truly hairy driving situations, these comments are really about traction control, but I have full confidence in this car's capabilities.

P.S. I'm having the special ordered gulp valve replaced today, and I hope that's the last I see of my dealer (and that check engine light) for quite some time.
  • ray_h1ray_h1 Posts: 1,134
    "BTW, what happens to your eye glasses in a wreck with an air bag equipped car?"

I was driving alone when my '96 Accord's airbags deployed in a head-on that totaled the car. My spectacles ended up on the floorboard in front of my seat. Like me, they were unbroken and still in adjustment. (Probably a fluke in both cases...)
  • Anybody tried relocating the drivers seat farther back than stock to get additional leg room?
  • shawalshawal Posts: 38
    Got mine silenced by Hyundai....it took 20 mins...it's the same diner as the door, so you loos that too.
  • joe97joe97 Posts: 2,248
    "I know its off topic but any word on the convertible?"

Hyundai had plans to build the convertible after the CCS concept came out, but now it is likely the 'vert would be built as the next-gen is released ('09 or '10 is my best estimate, one model year after the next gen coupe version is released).
  • ratledgeratledge Charleston county, South CarolinaPosts: 233
    This month's (July '06) issue of Consumer Reports doesn't have the promised Azera "in depth" content, but focuses on an "SUV Roundup" instead. However, in a half-page "first impressions" write-up of the '07 Camry, it signs off with "see how it stacks up against other sedans in the August issue...". :blush:

Maybe we'll finally get the full report promised for June next month? :confuse:
    Where are you (country)?? There is no "overspeed" beep here in the US...
  • hugobeckerhugobecker Posts: 45
    From Automotive News:
    "From the newsroom of Automotive News

Sources: Porsche, Hyundai make big gains in quality study

Porsche and Hyundai will emerge as the biggest winners Wednesday when J.D. Power and Associates releases its 2006 Initial Quality Study, industry sources say.

Porsche will vault to second overall in the study, improving from No. 32 in last year's ranking, making Porsche the top European nameplate.

Hyundai will place third, up from No. 11 in 2005. That makes the Korean automaker the top mass-market nameplate.

For the sixth year in a row, Lexus will retain the No. 1 spot.

Toyota will round out the top four, moving up three spots from No. 7last year.

The study, which measures quality after 90 days of ownership, asks owners to rate vehicle quality on 135 attributes."
  • sundevilssundevils Posts: 100
    The Consumer Reports review was never promised for the July issue. It has always been indicated as the August issue, which is distributed in July.
    No - it was originally slated for June, but we "assumed" it would fall into July about a month ago when I got my June issue... Sorry for the (un)clarification! ;)
  • donboy93donboy93 Posts: 14
    I HATE the new cars that force me to fasten my seatbelt by constantly playing that awful chime. I generally do wear the seat belt, but I do not want my car to nag me, so I took a wire cutter and cut one of the 2 wires going into the seat belt buckle, does not matter which one, and no more chime.
    "Behold the fastest Korean car ever". Downloading the issue to read the whole article... :surprise:
    The wonderful land of 60c/gallon fuel.....Sunny Saudi Arabia. Nigel :)
    From CNN.com the latest Hyundai good news....

"According to J.D. Power's survey of new vehicle owners, Porsche had 91 problems per 100 vehicles. Lexus, Toyota's luxury brand, came in a close second with 93 problems per 100 vehicles. Korea-based Hyundai ranked third with 102. The industry average was 124."

Well done Hyundai :)
  • allmet33allmet33 Posts: 3,557
    Anyone notice any issues with the dual climate control? I ask because the other day it was raining while I was driving and I had the A/C on (set at 70) and my wife was cold, so she turned her side up to 80 and there was no difference...it kept blowing out the air at 70. The only time there was a noticeable diffrence was when she turned her side all the way up to "HI", then hot air blew out while my side stayed cool.

I've got an appointment on Monday to have it looked at, but I was just wondering if anyone else had any issues with theirs.

Thanks.
  • jim101jim101 Posts: 252
    That's one way, unplugging the connect under the driver seat is another.
    The Hyundai Tech removed a "black box" from under the dash...not seat...and shorted/isolated the speaker. After re-installing, he put on the computer to check no other systems were effected, he showed me the screen.."No Problems"...then, no ringer at 75, but also no door ringer either...same speaker.
  • ricwhitericwhite Posts: 292
    I received an email from Hyundai to test drive an Azera for a $50 gift certificate at amazon.com. I guess they are not aware I OWN an Azera.

Anyway, some of you know the very bad experiences I had at three of four Hyundai dealers near me. I had to walk out in disgust. The fourth one was great.

Anyway, I went back to one of the "bad" dealers because they are close to have them sign the form and the manager recognized me from our awful meeting back in April. He was still very bitter.

Me: Hi, I was here back in April and test drove an Azera. I got this email form from Hyundai for test drive gift certificate and need it to be filled out.

Manager: (snatches the form and looks at it. It was obvious he was unaware of the promotion -- as usual. He takes out his pen and makes a big scribble on the signature line and hands it back to me) Here, you can fill out the rest.

Me: A . . . I need the "dealer code" for this line (pointing).

Manager: Well, I don't know it. (Turns around and talks to a sales rep)

Me: (I walk over to the counter and talk to the secretary) Do you know the dealer code for this dealership?

Receptionist: Sure, it's UT007

Me: Thanks. (I turn back to the manager. You know I bought an Azera. It's a very nice car.

Manager: (angrily) Well, good for you. (Turns around and walks off)

At that point I felt like flipping him off, but I just left shaking my head.

Mark these words carefully: HYUNDAI WILL FAIL AS A CAR MAKER WITH THESE TYPE OF DEALERSHIPS.

And the MAJORITY of the Hyundai Dealerships I visited were this way. I had to drive 60 miles to find one that was EXCELLENT.

But, sadly, Hyundai is doomed as a carmaker unless they can get their "independently owned" dealerships in line.
  • sundevilssundevils Posts: 100
    Here is another kiss of death - the growing consolidation of dealerships by mega-owners. My local dealership, North County Hyundai, is owned by the same people who own North County Pontiac and North County GMC (and God knows what else). The timing of my sale (Memorial Day weekend) was at the same time as the dealerships were combining many operations.

My saleswoman worked for Hyundai, which was good. But the Sales Manager who had to get involved worked for the Pontiac/GMC side and knew nothing about Hyundai. The same goes for the finance manager (even though I paid cash the finance manager handles all of the paperwork). The two guys on the GMC/Ponitac side tried to sell me some crap extended warranty that involved a deductible. They knew nothing about the Hyundai extended plan.
  • snakeweaselsnakeweasel a Certified Edmunds Poster.Posts: 15,250
    Mark these words carefully: HYUNDAI WILL FAIL AS A CAR MAKER WITH THESE TYPE OF DEALERSHIPS.

There are six Hyundai dealers within reasonable distance from me. One I have not delt with so I will not say anything about, three I have delt with their sales and have nothing bad to say about them, one I have delt with their sales and will never go back to and one I have only delt with the service department which was a breeze.

I will say this too, I was impressed a few months ago when I walked into one to look at the new Azera and the salesman recongnized me from my Elantra purchase 5 and a half years earlier.

2008 Sebring Ragtop, 2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2015 Honda CTX700D

I have to agree - the one here in Charleston SC doesn't know (deleted so Pat won't have to do so)... Even when I went in and took my $50 test drive, he was a real Pain-in-the-Rump, and claimed he didn't know the dealer code, again, similar - mine was SC007.

Anyway, after I opened the trunk without a key (much to his and the salesman's astonishment) he decided I must be a smarty, so he sicked the Finance Manager on me just to be (more of) a pain. I hadn't even discussed buying it with the salesman, yet.

Fortunately for me, there's a great dealership in Myrtle Beach, which is only 40 miles from my house (northeast, instead of 40 miles southwest). Now, here's the kicker - I never go to MB, so - the wise-guy at the SC007 site is going to get to take care of my car, assuming they find my "Bright Silver w/Black Leather Limited Ultimate" at a price I agree to - right? :confuse:
  • areza1areza1 Posts: 14
    jim101,

have you received your "STUDIE" emblem ? if so, did you install it yet?

i received my "IXION" emblem from DreamKa4u today, but am waiting to hear your experience before i attempt to remove the crooked H from the trunk ;)
  • isn't the dealer located in rivers ave?

used to live in charleston in 90's.
  • agreed. i live in baltimore and almost every dealers are mega owners. len stoller, koontz, and etc.

and from my experience, hyundais were ok. not the best, but definitely not the worst.(SC, michigan, and maryland)
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Feel free to post them. ;)

Here is the section from the Rules of the Road (linked on the left) that should be your guideline on dealer info:

6. Posts about dealers
    When posting about your experience with a dealership, you may post ONLY the dealership name, city, and state. You may not post a salesperson's name, phone numbers, email addresses, links to dealer web sites, etc.
    the black box was the chime unit - if it was ringing at 75 mph, he found one way to disable it which totally silenced it - as long as it works for you - enjoy

the previous post was about cutting a wire to disable the seat door chime - same chime as yours - in that application unplugging the connector under the drivers seat would work

in your case it was to disable the 75 mph chime
    Not yet, seems this delivery has been the longest, maybe today it will arrive - stand by for my post

I did buy small spray cans of powder white pearl and clear - when the emblem arrives I will tape off the chrome outer ring and spray the Studie center pwp and then several coats of clear