2025 Ram 1500 Factory Order Discounts from Mark Dodge Click here
Options

2017 Audi S3 Lease Deals and Prices

12346»

Comments

• Options
    crashspeedercrashspeeder Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2017
    I'm hoping I can get somebody to gauge the temperature of an offer I got yesterday. I've never leased a car before, only financed so I'm not 100% sure about everything that goes into the negotiation. I'm in NJ, where sales tax is 7%. The dealership has an S3 they can't seem to move off the lot due to its color. I plan on only putting down taxes and fees.

LEASE TERMS:
    Length: 36 months
    Miles: 10,000

ORIGINAL NUMBERS:
    MSRP: $47,910.00
    Offers: -$3,336.20
    Taxes and fees: $3,975.95
    Net: $48,549.75
    Monthly: $566.86
    Residual: $24,434.10

ADJUSTED OFFER:
    Taxes and fees: $3,341.09
    Monthly: $495.78

If I work the numbers backwards using a lease calculator I get a vehicle cost of about $42k and a money factor of about .00098, assuming I didn't screw anything up. It seems to be a good deal, correct?
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 243,834

I'm hoping I can get somebody to gauge the temperature of an offer I got yesterday. I've never leased a car before, only financed so I'm not 100% sure about everything that goes into the negotiation. I'm in NJ, where sales tax is 7%. The dealership has an S3 they can't seem to move off the lot due to its color. I plan on only putting down taxes and fees.

LEASE TERMS:
    Length: 36 months
    Miles: 10,000

ORIGINAL NUMBERS:
    MSRP: $47,910.00
    Offers: -$3,336.20
    Taxes and fees: $3,975.95
    Net: $48,549.75
    Monthly: $566.86

ADJUSTED OFFER:
    Taxes and fees: $3,341.09
    Monthly: $495.78

If I work the numbers backwards using a lease calculator I get a vehicle cost of about $42k and a money factor of about .00098, assuming I didn't screw anything up. It seems to be a good deal, correct?

Assuming this is Premium Plus model?
    .00011 MF and 51% residual for 36/10.

You can't really solve for two variables.
    Seems like you don't know the price/adjusted CAP cost or the money factor being used.
    You can't solve for one, without knowing the other one.

But, using the base .00011 MF, you'd need an adjusted CAP of about $42,000 to get the $495/mo. payment.
    $1500 marketing allowance
    $500 loyalty/conquest
    Given those two incentives, the effective discount is about $2910.
    That's about 6% of MSRP, which is good for Audi, but not any sort of blowout special.

Did you get a breakdown of the $3341, to make sure you aren't paying any garbage fees?

This seems to be a reasonable/fair deal, but I'd want to know the adjusted CAP and money factor to check all the numbers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    It seems my response disappeared after I edited it. Forgive me if this ends up in a double post. Yes, it's a Premium Plus model. Can you explain the marketing allowance? Is it available in my area? It doesn't show up on the Audi website, and the dealership only mentioned applying a $500 incentive. Let's assume that both incentives were offered, though. That's $45,910 from $47,910. If I then take the assumed number of $42,221 that I arrived at, and is similar to the number you arrived at as well, then that's 8% off MSRP. That sounds better than the average 6%.

I know there are a few things in here I don't have specifics on, but is there anything that jumps out at you as unreasonable? Is there something I should go in and negotiate better? I do plan on getting a breakdown of the fees, and plan on asking them to remove the Nitrogen air service fee, which is $295.
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 245,351

It seems my response disappeared after I edited it. Forgive me if this ends up in a double post. Yes, it's a Premium Plus model. Can you explain the marketing allowance? Is it available in my area? It doesn't show up on the Audi website, and the dealership only mentioned applying a $500 incentive. Let's assume that both incentives were offered, though. That's $45,910 from $47,910. If I then take the assumed number of $42,221 that I arrived at, and is similar to the number you arrived at as well, then that's 8% off MSRP. That sounds better than the average 6%.

I know there are a few things in here I don't have specifics on, but is there anything that jumps out at you as unreasonable? Is there something I should go in and negotiate better? I do plan on getting a breakdown of the fees, and plan on asking them to remove the Nitrogen air service fee, which is $295.

The marketing allowance is a factory to dealer incentive; use the knowledge to negotiate your best price.

The concerns would likely be bundled into those fees.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    Thanks a bunch. I think I'll likely pull the trigger, assuming the fees are valid or we can come to an agreement on them. I appreciate all your feedback.
  • Options
    schwartzkischwartzki Member Posts: 17
    Any updates for October on numbers + Incentives for a S3 Prem Plus 12 and 15k miles - 46804 whatever term is best.

Thanks!
  • Options

Any updates for October on numbers + Incentives for a S3 Prem Plus 12 and 15k miles - 46804 whatever term is best.

Thanks!

.00007 MF and 49%/47% residual for 36 months
    $2500 marketing allowance
    $500 loyalty/conquest

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    whatwhatwhat2whatwhatwhat2 Member Posts: 18
    Looking for RV and MF for 2017 S3 Prem+ in SoCal 36/12 and 36/15 and 42/12 and 42/15, plus any available incentives. Thanks!
  • Options

Looking for RV and MF for 2017 S3 Prem+ in SoCal 36/12 and 36/15 and 42/12 and 42/15, plus any available incentives. Thanks!

36/15 - .00007 and 47%
    42/15 - .00027 and 43%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    carowe8carowe8 Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2017
    Hi all --

Received a quote today, and am super new to leasing. Hoping to get a gauge on whether or not this is the kind of deal I think it is -- it's new, and been been on the lot forever, so they appear super anxious to move it.

2017 Prestige
    Quoted transaction price: $43449
    36 mo/ 15k per year
    $6k down
    $493 per mo.

Dealer has not yet disclosed taxes, but quotes a doc fee of $549 (I'll get this waived), and registration of $364 (in line with sky-high registration fees in NV).

Thoughts?

Thanks!
  • Options
    carowe8 said:

Hi all --

Received a quote today, and am super new to leasing. Hoping to get a gauge on whether or not this is the kind of deal I think it is -- it's new, and been been on the lot forever, so they appear super anxious to move it.

2017 Prestige
    Quoted transaction price: $43449
    36 mo/ 15k per year
    $6k down
    $493 per mo.

Dealer has not yet disclosed taxes, but quotes a doc fee of $549 (I'll get this waived), and registration of $364 (in line with sky-high registration fees in NV).

Thoughts?

Thanks!

What is the MSRP?
    Never a good idea to put $6000 upfront on a lease.
    Amortizing your upfront amount, that's about $650/mo. That seems like a lot, especially on the outgoing 2017 model.
    Ask the dealer for the adjusted CAP cost.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    carowe8carowe8 Member Posts: 2
    MSRP is 52430.  Thanks!  I’ll reach out for the adjusted cap cost.
  • Options
    carowe8 said:

MSRP is 52430.  Thanks!  I’ll reach out for the adjusted cap cost.

.00007 MF and 46% residual
    $500 loyalty/conquest
    complimentary 1st payment

$541/mo.+tax
    With just $1808 in fees upfront (the ones you listed, plus $895 acquisition fee)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    leasehackleasehack Member Posts: 18
    Hello can i get the numbers for the premium plus trim 36/10k please? Thank you.
  • Options
    leasehack said:

What state? The incentives are regional.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    leasehackleasehack Member Posts: 18
    Michaell said:

leasehack said:

My apologies, Pittsburgh, PA 15212
  • Options
    leasehack said:

Michaell said:

leasehack said:

My apologies, Pittsburgh, PA 15212
    .00007 MF and 50% residual
    $500 loyalty/conquest

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    isaiduajisaiduaj Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2017
    Do you have 36/10 numbers for Premium+ and Prestige in Seattle/Bellevue,WA (98004)? Thank You!
  • Options
    isaiduaj said:

Do you have 36/10 numbers for Premium+ and Prestige in Seattle/Bellevue,WA (98004)? Thank You!

.00007 MF and 50%/49% residual for P+/Prestige
    $500 loyalty/conquest

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    whysohard1whysohard1 Member Posts: 2
    Could I get the numbers on a 2017 S3 Prem+ for 36/12 & 36/15 please.
    I've seen a 2017 S3 P+ in WI (I live in IL) for $41k. Seems to be a great advertised price, it has Dynamic, Red Calipers, Audi Guard mats and First Aid kit. I'd hope I could get it for $40k although I'd shoot for $39k and see where I get to. MSRP is $45980. Thanks.
  • Options

Could I get the numbers on a 2017 S3 Prem+ for 36/12 & 36/15 please.
    I've seen a 2017 S3 P+ in WI (I live in IL) for $41k. Seems to be a great advertised price, it has Dynamic, Red Calipers, Audi Guard mats and First Aid kit. I'd hope I could get it for $40k although I'd shoot for $39k and see where I get to. MSRP is $45980. Thanks.

.00007 MF and 49%/47% residual
    $500 loyalty/conquest
    complimentary 1st payment.

$40K would be a good price

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    mikeleasemikelease Member Posts: 5
    edited December 2017
    Could I have December MF/RV and any incentives for an RS3 in Michigan?

36/12 and 36/15

Any idea on a target % off MSRP if possible?

Thanks!
  • Options
    mikelease said:

Could I have December MF/RV and any incentives for an RS3 in Michigan?

36/12 and 36/15

Any idea on a target % off MSRP if possible?

Thanks!

.00213 and 47% / 45%
    $500 loyalty

6% off MSRP is always a good starting point for Audi, but with a limited edition like the RS3 you may not get that.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    mrainesmraines Member Posts: 11
    edited January 2018
    Need January RV/MF plus any rebate or lease cash info on a 2017 S3 ...I believe Prestige (?) as its loaded and msrp is 51,190 (tech package, black optic dynamic package, b&o, etc) and salesperson says he could do a great lease as its the last ‘17 on his lot and they need to move it...quoted 591 + tax for 10k/36 sign and drive (add 25/m for 12k/36)...following up tomorrow for a breakdown on how he arrived at the price...appreciate the help and welcome feedback/advice! (Zip code is 33323 if relevant)

edit- i confirmed on the dealer’s website its actually a premium plus, did not realize...also they have it discounted from msrp to 48,119 on there...
  • Options
    mraines said:

Need January RV/MF plus any rebate or lease cash info on a 2017 S3 ...I believe Prestige (?) as its loaded and msrp is 51,190 (tech package, black optic dynamic package, b&o, etc) and salesperson says he could do a great lease as its the last ‘17 on his lot and they need to move it...quoted 591 + tax for 10k/36 sign and drive (add 25/m for 12k/36)...following up tomorrow for a breakdown on how he arrived at the price...appreciate the help and welcome feedback/advice! (Zip code is 33323 if relevant)

edit- i confirmed on the dealer’s website its actually a premium plus, did not realize...also they have it discounted from msrp to 48,119 on there...

.00007 MF and 49% residual for Premium Plus
    Prestige is 48%.
    $1000 Audi loyalty

Prestige trims sometimes aren't always listed that way. They just have the Prestige package added.

If it's Sign and Drive, the price will have to be a lot lower than listed. (which it should be, considering the dealer incentive and 2017 model).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:

mraines said:

Prestige is 48%.
    $1000 Audi loyalty

Prestige trims sometimes aren't always listed that way. They just have the Prestige package added.

If it's Sign and Drive, the price will have to be a lot lower than listed. (which it should be, considering the dealer incentive and 2017 model).
    thank you for the quick response and the info...i agree that it should be lower than the advertised msrp...i read back thru the forum here and see that its recommended to start at 6% under msrp for discount...but with the dealer incentive on the 2017 what should i be aiming for? also - someone supposedly said they got this same exact car for 480/month sign and drive tax included? is this realistic?
  • Options
    mraines said:

kyfdx said:

mraines said:

Prestige is 48%.
    $1000 Audi loyalty

thank you for the quick response and the info...i agree that it should be lower than the advertised msrp...i read back thru the forum here and see that its recommended to start at 6% under msrp for discount...but with the dealer incentive on the 2017 what should i be aiming for? also - someone supposedly said they got this same exact car for 480/month sign and drive tax included? is this realistic?
    Doesn't look realistic to me.
    I'd say the dealer is at 6% off minus $2500 to get the $591/mo.+tax price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:

mraines said:

kyfdx said:

mraines said:

Prestige is 48%.
    $1000 Audi loyalty

after some negotiating we are at 43,5 sales price plus 1893 fees for adj cap cost of 45193 = 597.34/month tax included (6%)....is this deal or winner or can i do better?
  • Options
    mraines said:

kyfdx said:

mraines said:

kyfdx said:

mraines said:

Prestige is 48%.
    $1000 Audi loyalty

after some negotiating we are at 43,5 sales price plus 1893 fees for adj cap cost of 45193 = 597.34/month tax included (6%)....is this deal or winner or can i do better?
    We don't really track pricing. The calculations look to be correct.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:

.00007 MF and 49% residual for Premium Plus Prestige is 48%. $2500 marketing allowance $1000 Audi loyalty Prestige trims sometimes aren't always listed that way. They just have the Prestige package added. If it's Sign and Drive, the price will have to be a lot lower than listed. (which it should be, considering the dealer incentive and 2017 model).
    Just to confirm...49% was for 10k/36 or 12k/36 on the premium plus?
  • Options
    mraines said:

kyfdx said:

mraines said:

Prestige is 48%.
    $1000 Audi loyalty

Just to confirm...49% was for 10k/36 or 12k/36 on the premium plus?

36/10

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    y4ngeledmy4ngeledm Member Posts: 4
    Can I get numbers for 2017 S3 Premium Plus, Tech Pack/Black Optic Pack/S Sport Pack/Carbon Pack/
    Looking to purchase end of month, the dealer is in CO but I live in NC. Not sure how the numbers would work for that. Are dealers typically ok with paying for the shipment of the car?

Thank you!
  • Options
    y4ngeledm said:

Can I get numbers for 2017 S3 Premium Plus, Tech Pack/Black Optic Pack/S Sport Pack/Carbon Pack/
    Looking to purchase end of month, the dealer is in CO but I live in NC. Not sure how the numbers would work for that. Are dealers typically ok with paying for the shipment of the car?

Thank you!

What lease term and how many miles per year?

You'll likely be on the hook for any shipping costs.

A friend of mine here in CO bought a Civic Type R last year from a dealer in KY. My friend paid the shipping costs

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    quinntheskimoquinntheskimo Member Posts: 9
    2018 Audi S3 - 36m/15k - Florida

MSRP $53,455

Selling Price $43,990 + Audi Care $699

Residual 47% (46% with 1% AC bump)

MF .00072

$2,000 down

Tax In $653/mo

6% tax

Wont take MSDs

Dont ask me how but I got an 18% discount but the residual is so poor im still way over the 1% rule. I told them to make it an even 20% off and I'll sign but they wont budge. This has all been over phone and email in the last 10 days. Do you think going in would improve my changes? Is my/their math correct?

Any help?!

• Options
    y4ngeledmy4ngeledm Member Posts: 4
    Michaell said:
    Can I get numbers for 2017 S3 Premium Plus, Tech Pack/Black Optic Pack/S Sport Pack/Carbon Pack/ Looking to purchase end of month, the dealer is in CO but I live in NC. Not sure how the numbers would work for that. Are dealers typically ok with paying for the shipment of the car? Thank you!
    What lease term and how many miles per year? You'll likely be on the hook for any shipping costs. A friend of mine here in CO bought a Civic Type R last year from a dealer in KY. My friend paid the shipping costs
    10,000 miles / 36months. Thank you
  • Options
    edited February 2018

MSRP $53,455

MF .00072

$2,000 down

Tax In $653/mo

6% tax

Wont take MSDs

Dont ask me how but I got an 18% discount but the residual is so poor im still way over the 1% rule. I told them to make it an even 20% off and I'll sign but they wont budge. This has all been over phone and email in the last 10 days. Do you think going in would improve my changes? Is my/their math correct?

Any help?!

Don't think of it as a "1% rule" - not every car can be had for that. It's more of a guideline. And, Audis do not lease that well, at all.

The cap cost has to be around $45,500 to get $653/mo - I'm guessing the $2K up front isn't covering all the inceptions and the remainder is being added to the selling price.

Ask them what cap cost they are using, and how they got there from the selling price.

And, find out what's covered in the $2K - I'm guessing there is large dealer doc fee buried in there, but what else?

A customer in the showroom is always taken more seriously than one at the end of an email thread.

That is a massive discount, however. And, you're getting the base MF as well.

EDIT - we should move this to the 2018 thread:

https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/46657/audi/s3/2018-audi-s3-lease-deals-and-prices#latest

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    edited February 2018
    y4ngeledm said:

Michaell said:

y4ngeledm said:

Thank you!

What lease term and how many miles per year?

You'll likely be on the hook for any shipping costs.

A friend of mine here in CO bought a Civic Type R last year from a dealer in KY. My friend paid the shipping costs

10,000 miles / 36months. Thank you

.00072 and 49%
    $1000 marketing allowance
    $1000 loyalty
    $1000 if you have an A3

All that, and I gave you the 2018 numbers. Sheesh. Let's try again.

.00007 and 49%
    $1000 loyalty
    $1000 if you have an A3

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:

MSRP $53,455

MF .00072

$2,000 down

Tax In $653/mo

6% tax

Wont take MSDs

Any help?!

Don't think of it as a "1% rule" - not every car can be had for that. It's more of a guideline. And, Audis do not lease that well, at all.

The cap cost has to be around $45,500 to get $653/mo - I'm guessing the $2K up front isn't covering all the inceptions and the remainder is being added to the selling price.

Ask them what cap cost they are using, and how they got there from the selling price.

And, find out what's covered in the $2K - I'm guessing there is large dealer doc fee buried in there, but what else?

A customer in the showroom is always taken more seriously than one at the end of an email thread.

https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/46657/audi/s3/2018-audi-s3-lease-deals-and-prices#latest
    Youre right - They outright admitted they are adding a $995 dealer fee since they are losing their shirt on the sale price of the vehicle. Its all just coming off MSRP because there are no incentives/rebates right now on S3. So I believe its:

First month $653
    Acq fee $795
    Dealer Fee $995
    Doc, FL, Title, Misc $368

So they are taking $2k up front and rolling the rest in I reckon

Is this one of the more legitimate deals youve seen on an S3 recently? Its what I want but sites like leasehackr are making me question the value of the lease, but often times they value getting the "best deal" over the car they are actually in love with...

I just dont know how much more to push on this deal

Feel free to move it over, I spaced and put it in here instead - not sure how to switch it
  • Options

Michaell said:

MSRP $53,455

MF .00072

$2,000 down

Tax In $653/mo

6% tax

Wont take MSDs

Any help?!

Youre right - They outright admitted they are adding a $995 dealer fee since they are losing their shirt on the sale price of the vehicle. Its all just coming off MSRP because there are no incentives/rebates right now on S3. So I believe its:

First month $653
    Acq fee $795
    Dealer Fee $995

Is this one of the more legitimate deals youve seen on an S3 recently? Its what I want but sites like leasehackr are making me question the value of the lease, but often times they value getting the "best deal" over the car they are actually in love with...

Feel free to move it over, I spaced and put it in here instead - not sure how to switch it
    Just cut and paste into the other thread.

The doc fee, sadly, is typical for Florida, and claws back some of that 18% discount.

I don't track individual deals; feel free to read back through this thread and see what others have been able to accomplish.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:

Michaell said:

MSRP $53,455

MF .00072

$2,000 down

Tax In $653/mo

6% tax

Wont take MSDs

Any help?!

First month $653
    Acq fee $795
    Dealer Fee $995

Just cut and paste into the other thread.

The doc fee, sadly, is typical for Florida, and claws back some of that 18% discount.

I don't track individual deals; feel free to read back through this thread and see what others have been able to accomplish.
    Thanks for all your help - you do good work here
  • Options
    pauelperaltapauelperalta Member Posts: 51
    HI, do you have the MF/RV for a S3 Premium Plus, 36/12K & 36/15K lease in TX? Any incentives? Any difference for the quattro and FWD versions? Thanks,
  • Options
    pauelperaltapauelperalta Member Posts: 51

HI, do you have the MF/RV for a S3 Premium Plus, 36/12K & 36/15K lease in TX? Any incentives? Any difference for the quattro and FWD versions? Thanks,

S3 only comes in Quattro version, my mistake.
  • Options

S3 only comes in Quattro version, my mistake.
    .00007 MF and 48%/46% residual
    $1000 AFS loyalty
    $1000 customer retention (if coming from an A3/S3 lease)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator