Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2017 Toyota Tacoma Lease Deals and Prices

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,100

Hi There,

I am looking at a 2017 Toyota Tacoma V6 4X4 SR5 Double cab in Massachusetts. However, I really like the offroad Access Cab, but don't want to pay a huge premium. Does the below sound about right or could I get a better deal?

Im looking to lease, and have been quoted for a 2017 Toyota Tacoma V6 4X4 SR5 Double cab a MF: 0.00225 with $2999 down gives me a payment of $269/month.

I believe MSRP is around $34K, Invoice according to KBB.com is like $31,600. Assuming a 73% residual value (which I have seen thrown around here) gives me $24,800 off MSRP. If I can negotiate around invoice pricing, I would be financing $7,200 over 36 months which gives me a payment of about $200/month plus tax and fees.

I think I should be around $250/month, right assuming I put enough down to cover tax and fees?

Or am I missing something?

Hi There,

I am looking at a 2017 Toyota Tacoma V6 4X4 SR5 Double cab in Massachusetts. However, I really like the offroad Access Cab, but don't want to pay a huge premium. Does the below sound about right or could I get a better deal?

Im looking to lease, and have been quoted for a 2017 Toyota Tacoma V6 4X4 SR5 Double cab a MF: 0.00225 with $2999 down gives me a payment of $269/month.

I believe MSRP is around $34K, Invoice according to KBB.com is like $31,600. Assuming a 73% residual value (which I have seen thrown around here) gives me $24,800 off MSRP. If I can negotiate around invoice pricing, I would be financing $7,200 over 36 months which gives me a payment of about $200/month plus tax and fees.

I think I should be around $250/month, right assuming I put enough down to cover tax and fees?

Or am I missing something?

You aren't financing $7200. You are financing $31,600.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• kmantacomakmantacoma Member Posts: 2
    How did I do?

I got a 2017 SR5 Double Cab for $1k down (includes 1st payment) and $300/month for 36months 12k miles.

MSRP was around $35k, sales price was $32K, residual was 78% and MF 0.00224

How did I do?

I got a 2017 SR5 Double Cab for $1k down (includes 1st payment) and $300/month for 36months 12k miles.

MSRP was around $35k, sales price was $32K, residual was 78% and MF 0.00224

That's a cheap lease. You have to love Tacoma residuals. Congrats!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• powhoundpowhound Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2017
    I am starting to explore leases for 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, 4x4, 4 door. Ideally would like to add the Tech package which gets it to $38140 MSRP.

This is my first lease, I have learned a lot by reading through this forum. What should I expect for leasing 36 months at 12k mileage a year? What would be the current residual and MF on that model? What have people been getting off the MSRP?

Located in Denver CO

Thanks for the help!
  • socalmike20socalmike20 Member Posts: 3
    Looking to lease 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD PRO - MSRP 44,438 (Sale price 46,438) 36mo/12k lease. What kind of MF can I expect. San Diego, California. Are dealers working with US Bank on leasing or only TFS?
    powhound said:

I am starting to explore leases for 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, 4x4, 4 door. Ideally would like to add the Tech package which gets it to $38140 MSRP.

This is my first lease, I have learned a lot by reading through this forum. What should I expect for leasing 36 months at 12k mileage a year? What would be the current residual and MF on that model? What have people been getting off the MSRP?

Located in Denver CO

Thanks for the help!

.00225 MF and 69% residual
    Add 3% for stick-shift.

Haven't really followed pricing. Got about $1500 off my $36K Tacoma back in June, but that info is over three months old.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Looking to lease 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD PRO - MSRP 44,438 (Sale price 46,438) 36mo/12k lease. What kind of MF can I expect. San Diego, California. Are dealers working with US Bank on leasing or only TFS?

.00225 MF and 66% residual

While US Bank leasing is pretty much nationwide, not every region/dealer works with them.
    But it doesn't look like they are competitive on the TRD PRO model, in any case.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jeremy_b4jeremy_b4 Member Posts: 14
    Any numbers through US Bank for October with a 36/15 on SR, SR5, and TRD Sport all double cab with AT?   Thanks!!
    jeremy_b4 said:

Any numbers through US Bank for October with a 36/15 on SR, SR5, and TRD Sport all double cab with AT?   Thanks!!

Don't have the USBank numbers for this month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jeremy_b4jeremy_b4 Member Posts: 14
    How about TFS numbers for 36/15 on double cab AT for SR, SR5, and TRD Sport for Indiana?
    jeremy_b4 said:

How about TFS numbers for 36/15 on double cab AT for SR, SR5, and TRD Sport for Indiana?

.00225 MF and 68%/67%/66% residual
    69% for the Sport, if stick-shift

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jradglensjradglens Member Posts: 7
    Looking or MF and residual on an automatic 2017 Tacoma Limited 3.5L V6 4x4 Double Cab in MA zip 02466, 36/12 39/12. MSRP of $41,123.
    jradglens said:

Looking or MF and residual on an automatic 2017 Tacoma Limited 3.5L V6 4x4 Double Cab in MA zip 02466, 36/12 39/12. MSRP of $41,123.

.00225 MF and 67%/65% residual for 36/39 months.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• boxingsubieboxingsubie Member Posts: 3
    Hi, looking for mf and rv Tacoma TRD Off Road Manual transmission. 36/12 and 48/12 in Washington state. Tfs and whatever else you know of. 

Thanks!

Hi, looking for mf and rv Tacoma TRD Off Road Manual transmission. 36/12 and 48/12 in Washington state. Tfs and whatever else you know of. 

Thanks!

.00225 MF and 72%/63% residual

TFS numbers are all we have, this month.
    I don't see the USBank leases advertised this month, which makes me think the super high residuals are gone.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• bayareatoyotabayareatoyota Member Posts: 5
    Hi,
    I was looking for the MF & Residual for a 2017 TRD Off Road Double Cab in Northern Calif. 24 month / 15K per year and 36 month / 15K per year.
    Thank you
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,262

Hi,
    I was looking for the MF & Residual for a 2017 TRD Off Road Double Cab in Northern Calif. 24 month / 15K per year and 36 month / 15K per year.
    Thank you

Manual, automatic or long bed?

.00225 MF

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• bayareatoyotabayareatoyota Member Posts: 5
    Xbayareatoyota said:
    Hi,
    Thank you

.00225 MF

Sorry...

Shortbed & automatic

Xbayareatoyota said:
    Hi,
    Thank you

.00225 MF

Sorry...

Shortbed & automatic

67% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• mveach_74mveach_74 Member Posts: 4
    I owe 6 more payments of $230 on my Civic, that is what the trade payoff is. Recently, dealer contacted me and said they can't go any lower than $420 a month with $750 down. This was the worksheet given to me for $437 a month with $500 down before they lowered it a bit. Either one of these a good deal? I wanted to stay at $400 with nothing down. 48 month lease/12K miles per year. $22K residual. It's a 2017 TRD Sport, V6, 4x4, crew cab in VA. 

mveach_74 said:

I owe 6 more payments of $230 on my Civic, that is what the trade payoff is. Recently, dealer contacted me and said they can't go any lower than $420 a month with $750 down. This was the worksheet given to me for $437 a month with $500 down before they lowered it a bit. Either one of these a good deal? I wanted to stay at $400 with nothing down. 48 month lease/12K miles per year. $22K residual. It's a 2017 TRD Sport, V6, 4x4, crew cab in VA. 

Why not wait 6 months, then pull the trigger? That alone will save you about $30/mo - and get you to your $400/mo target. It's not like the deals on the Tacoma are going to get worse.

Stick shift, automatic or long bed? Each have a different residual value.

MF is .00225 for all Tacomas, through TFS.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

Why not wait 6 months, then pull the trigger? That alone will save you about $30/mo - and get you to your $400/mo target. It's not like the deals on the Tacoma are going to get worse. Stick shift, automatic or long bed? Each have a different residual value. MF is .00225 for all Tacomas, through TFS.
    I was thinking the same thing. Wait till my Civic lease is about a month away from being done. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on a good deal. It's also the short bed (standard) and an automatic. Does everything else they wrote me up seem normal then? Maybe bring the worksheet back in 6 months and ask for the same deal but without the trade payoff? Thanks for your help!
    mveach_74 said:

Michaell said:

mveach_74 said:

Why not wait 6 months, then pull the trigger? That alone will save you about $30/mo - and get you to your $400/mo target. It's not like the deals on the Tacoma are going to get worse.

Stick shift, automatic or long bed? Each have a different residual value.

MF is .00225 for all Tacomas, through TFS.

I was thinking the same thing. Wait till my Civic lease is about a month away from being done. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on a good deal. It's also the short bed (standard) and an automatic. Does everything else they wrote me up seem normal then? Maybe bring the worksheet back in 6 months and ask for the same deal but without the trade payoff? Thanks for your help!

60% residual for 48/12; but, the 36/12 residual is 69%, which might give you a better payment.

The only thing I'd be concerned about is the amount of inventory of the 2017's 6 months from now. Might not be able to find the trim / color / options you want.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

So if I wait till April when my lease is up and pay $230 every month like I am now and then get a deal of $400 a month for 48 months.... overall I will be paying $20,600. But, if I take the deal right now and let them pay off my car and pay $420 a month with a $750 down payment, I'll be paying a overall total of $20,910 and be driving the truck right away... This is a tough decision
    mveach_74 said:

So if I wait till April when my lease is up and pay $230 every month like I am now and then get a deal of $400 a month for 48 months.... overall I will be paying $20,600. But, if I take the deal right now and let them pay off my car and pay $420 a month with a $750 down payment, I'll be paying a overall total of $20,910 and be driving the truck right away... This is a tough decision

And, one we can't make for you .... :smile:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

The part I'm having trouble understanding is that I would pay approximately 21K over the course of 4 years for the lease and then the residual is 22K so if I decided to finance the truck, in theory I'd be paying about 43K total for it which is more than the 36K it's listed at...
    mveach_74 said:

The part I'm having trouble understanding is that I would pay approximately 21K over the course of 4 years for the lease and then the residual is 22K so if I decided to finance the truck, in theory I'd be paying about 43K total for it which is more than the 36K it's listed at...

That's the interest at work. .00225 is 5.4%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• johnciv6johnciv6 Member Posts: 66
    Hi, what about Washington numbers for

sr 5 speed manual, access cab 4x4

Thanks!
    johnciv6 said:

Hi, what about Washington numbers for

sr 5 speed manual, access cab 4x4

Thanks!

.00225 MF and 69% residual for 36/15

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• yotalife223yotalife223 Member Posts: 20
    Hello!

Jusrt wondering what the numbers are for Northern CA on a TRD sport access cab manual 4x4?

...and can a dealer lie about these figures when you call them?

Hello!

Jusrt wondering what the numbers are for Northern CA on a TRD sport access cab manual 4x4?

.00225 MF and 65% residual for 36/15

Residuals can't be altered by the dealer
    Standard money factors like this one can be marked up, if they want.

I'm guessing they can say anything they want on the phone, just like anyone else.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

Hello!

I'm guessing they can say anything they want on the phone, just like anyone else.
    Gotcha, this deslers internet department didn't sound to versed on this info when I called this morning - probably suprised someone was asking.

Is there only for 36/15 or can you give me for 36/12 (preferable)?
  • tacomapietacomapie Member Posts: 3
    Could someone give me the mf and residual for a 2017 tacoma trd off road doublecab 4x4 automatic 36/12 in Kentucky? Also an SR5 with the same specs.

kyfdx said:

Hello!

Gotcha, this deslers internet department didn't sound to versed on this info when I called this morning - probably suprised someone was asking.

Add 2% for 12K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

tacomapie said:

Could someone give me the mf and residual for a 2017 tacoma trd off road doublecab 4x4 automatic 36/12 in Kentucky? Also an SR5 with the same specs.

.00225 MF
    69% residual for either trim.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

What about with tier 2 credit?

kyfdx said:

kyfdx said:

Hello!

Add 2% for 12K/yr
    im confused, wouldnt interest go down if you're using less mileasge (thus increasing residual)?
    tacomapie said:

.00280 MF

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

kyfdx said:

Hello!

Add 2% for 12K/yr
    im confused, wouldnt interest go down if you're using less mileasge (thus increasing residual)?
    Add 2% to the residual.... there is no percentage for interest, as it's a money factor.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

.00280 MF
    Thank you, sir.
    tacomapie said:

kyfdx said:

tacomapie said:

.00280 MF

Thank you, sir.

That is the same color as our Tacoma. B)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• tomlexustomlexus Member Posts: 27
    Thanks for sharing all this info. Looking for MF and residual in North Carolina. 36/12 4x4 Double cab, auto transmission. Comparing residuals for trim levels SR5 V6 vs TRD Sport V6. Also, does any alternate configuration (including manual transmission) or trim level offer a materially higher residual? Thanks,
    tomlexus said:

Thanks for sharing all this info. Looking for MF and residual in North Carolina. 36/12 4x4 Double cab, auto transmission. Comparing residuals for trim levels SR5 V6 vs TRD Sport V6. Also, does any alternate configuration (including manual transmission) or trim level offer a materially higher residual? Thanks,

.00225 and 69% (SR5) or 68% (TRD Sport Auto); add 3% for TRD Sport stick shift

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• tomlexustomlexus Member Posts: 27
    I just had a dealer in NC quote me 78% for 36/12 on an automatic 4x4 SR5 V6 Double cab. Is that possible?
    edited November 2017
    Hey there, think after doing numbers for 36 months, I want to do a 48 month lease on the 17 Access Cab TRD sport manual 6spd so 48/12. What are the numbers now? And is asking to use US Bank still great for lowering monthly in Northern CA?

Also, where do these numbers come from? I want to be able to show my dealer legit numbers/sources so they can't screw with me. Thanks again for the help, once you see this info you realize how bad of deals people get.

Thanks!
    tomlexus said:

I just had a dealer in NC quote me 78% for 36/12 on an automatic 4x4 SR5 V6 Double cab. Is that possible?

If it's from a 3rd party bank, it's possible.

But, we don't have any way to confirm it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Hey there, think after doing numbers for 36 months, I want to do a 48 month lease on the 17 Access Cab TRD sport manual 6spd so 48/12. What are the numbers now? And is asking to use US Bank still great for lowering monthly in Northern CA?

Also, where do these numbers come from? I want to be able to show my dealer legit numbers/sources so they can't screw with me. Thanks again for the help, once you see this info you realize how bad of deals people get.

Thanks!

The data is confidential, so we can't share sources.

4x4 or 4x2?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

Thanks!

4x4 or 4x2?
    no worries, as long as its accurate.

4x4

Michaell said:

Thanks!

4x4 or 4x2?
    no worries, as long as its accurate.

4x4
    .00225 and 58% for 48/12

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited November 2017
    ok, im beyond lost after reading LeaseHacks way of calculating a monthly payment.

if I worked the dealer down to $32k gross capitalized cost for a 17 access cab sport manual, what should my monthly payments loook like with 0 driveoff?

i keep seeing people in the low 3s here but on lease hack its giving me 400+ on their calculator