Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2017 Honda Civic Prices Paid and Buying Experience

pilotdadpilotdad Posts: 12
edited December 2016 in Honda
Hadn't seen this topic posted yet, but I'm very interested in what experiences you all have had. If you could give the price paid before taxes and registration it would be most helpful for comparisons from different states. Thank you!

Comments

• s2kroma1s2kroma1 MentorOnTheLake, OHPosts: 19
    Started shopping today for a 2017 Civic LX Hatchback Auto Trans. Received a quote from a local dealer here in OH zip 44060 of $19,427.00 (MSRP $21,335.00). Is this a good deal or not? Thanks in advance.
  • steverstever Posts: 52,683
    Replied in your other discussion.

Anyone else shopping and have numbers to report?
  • Received a quote for a 2017 Civic Coupe EX-L for $22,988 (MSRP $24,360 incl. $835 destination) excluding TTL. Processing fee is $299. I'm in the DC Metro are between DC and Baltimore, MD.
    The True Market Value price in DC is $23,228 Your quote is about 6% off MSRP.

Going by other posts (mostly the sedan) and considering that DC is in an aggressive dealer area, I think you can do better. The inventory seems "adequate". Dunno, seems to me like your quote is about $1,000 too high.

I dunno, are the coupes that much more in demand? Anyone?
  • stever said:

The True Market Value price in DC is $23,228 Your quote is about 6% off MSRP.

Going by other posts (mostly the sedan) and considering that DC is in an aggressive dealer area, I think you can do better. The inventory seems "adequate". Dunno, seems to me like your quote is about $1,000 too high.

I dunno, are the coupes that much more in demand? Anyone?

stever, I had inadvertently included the processing fee in the amount I mentioned. The price with only the destination charge was actually $22,689. The TMV for my zip code is actually $23,189 (w/o processing fee).
    Well, if we are on the same page, you're up to 7% off.

It varies, but the usual range is 8 to 12% off MSRP. I think you may be hitting the "all new 2017" syndrome. :)

If you can wait a bit, try updating your quote at the end of the month. Might save you a few hundred more bucks.
  • stever said:

Well, if we are on the same page, you're up to 7% off.

It varies, but the usual range is 8 to 12% off MSRP. I think you may be hitting the "all new 2017" syndrome. :)

If you can wait a bit, try updating your quote at the end of the month. Might save you a few hundred more bucks.

The quote was the Edmunds Price Promise price I received via the internet. I went into the dealership today and met with a salesperson. The deal currently on the table is OTD at $24,175.
    Sounds like you are getting there - that means your selling price before TTL is around $22k something?
  • Quote from NJ dealer (zip 08691) - 2017 Civic EX-T 1.5L Turbo CVT Trans. $20,555.00 (MSRP $23,135.00). This price includes destination and handling charges. Add in 7% NJ sales tax, MV fees and dealer fees I estimate OTD price of $22,400.
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 7,868
    Hello! Once again, Edmunds is partnering with Parents Magazine to help families find their perfect car. If you own one of the below vehicles and have children under the age of 12, we'd love to hear what you think of it.
    Here's a link to the survey - please give us your thoughts no later than March 1, 2017.
    Thanks for your help!

SURVEY LINK: https://goo.gl/forms/wN9bw9FtPqRb2j4a2

Kia Soul (ideally 2017, 2016)
    Chevrolet Bolt (2017)
    Honda Civic (2016-17)
    Hyundai Sonata (2015-17)
    Subaru Crosstrek (2015-17)
    Honda CR-V (2017)
    Toyota Highlander (2017)
    Chrysler Pacifica (2017)
    Subaru Outback (2015-17)

Edmunds Moderator

Need some roadside assistance? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Just purchased or leased a vehicle? Share your vehicle reviews

PF_Flyer's 2014 Versa Note Long Term Blog
    How To Start Your Own Long Term Blog

• osme02osme02 Posts: 4
    FYI, I bought a EX-T w/ Sensing (MSRP $24175) for 21.1k plus TTL and sales tax.
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 63,247
    osme02 said:

FYI, I bought a EX-T w/ Sensing (MSRP $24175) for 21.1k plus TTL and sales tax.

Congrats!

2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Share your vehicle reviews

• sunnyddsunnydd Posts: 6
    is a 2017 Honda Civic EX-T for $23,168 OTD 
    a good bargain? 
    Comes with wheels lock and auto theft 
  • ohiohondaguyohiohondaguy Posts: 33
    sunnydd said:

is a 2017 Honda Civic EX-T for $23,168 OTD 
    a good bargain? 
    Comes with wheels lock and auto theft 

Depending on your tax rate, I ran numbers based off of my local tax (7.5%) to get 23,150 OTD with wheel locks. Looks like your vehicle price is about $2000 below MSRP which puts it about $600 under invoice. Good deal.
  • sunnyddsunnydd Posts: 6
    Thank you! 
    I live in Orange country CA

• ohiohondaguyohiohondaguy Posts: 33
    sunnydd said:

Thank you! 
    I live in Orange country CA

Not a problem! Your tax rate in Orange County is 7.75% so your offer is a little better than expected!
  • aat0995aat0995 Posts: 2
    Just bought a civic ex-l hatchback with nav & sensing for 24,300 OTD without tag n taxes (bought from another state)
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 68,222
    aat0995 said:

Just bought a civic ex-l hatchback with nav & sensing for 24,300 OTD without tag n taxes (bought from another state)

Congrats on the new ride!

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• aat0995aat0995 Posts: 2
    kyfdx said:
    Congrats on the new ride!
    Thanks! It took quite a bit to get that price. Hopefully others are able to replicate it. 
  • kbs22kbs22 Posts: 13
    Just leased a 2017 Honda Civic EX-T

MSRP $ 23,135

Price Paid before TTL and Acquisition Fee: $19,663.75

Pretty happy with the deal, I shopped it around and couldn't find anyone that could beat it.
  • Hi.

Has anyone recently purchased/leased a 2017 Civic EX in Seattle area? How much off MSRP should I expect to negotiate?

Thanks!
  • carsearch56carsearch56 Posts: 12
    Hi, I got a quote for 2017 Civic EX-L for roughly $23700 total OTD in Orange County area. Is this a good price? I have several quotes between this price $24800. They're saying it's only good thru end of this month, not sure if I should wait for Memorial day to get better pricing or incentive?

I
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 68,222

Hi, I got a quote for 2017 Civic EX-L for roughly $23700 total OTD in Orange County area. Is this a good price? I have several quotes between this price $24800. They're saying it's only good thru end of this month, not sure if I should wait for Memorial day to get better pricing or incentive?

I

The current programs for Honda do expire on May 1st, so no dealer would guarantee a price after that.

However, there will be a new program to replace it. Doesn't seem likely that pricing will go up, next month.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• carsearch56carsearch56 Posts: 12
    Purchased EX-L for $23,250 OTD this weekend. Hardin Honda in Anaheim
  • gmanusmcgmanusmc SoCalPosts: 665

Purchased EX-L for $23,250 OTD this weekend. Hardin Honda in Anaheim

Great job - congrats and enjoy your new Honda!

2016 ES350 Lux/Atomic Silver
    2017 Accord Sport CVT Mod Steel Metallic
  • hitchrackhitchrack Posts: 1
    Where are all the regular civic hatchbacks with sensing? I have been hunting around at numerous dealer websites and the only hatchbacks with sensing are the sport touring trim levels. No one seems to have any of the regular ex or exl models with sensing anywhere in the country. The big problem with the sport models is the center exhaust which in my case is a no win because I need a place to put a hitch mounted bike rack. My dealer contacts don't seem to have any clue
  • Karen_SKaren_S Posts: 5,095
    Have you purchased a new vehicle in the last six months, and are you willing to talk about your experience getting a loan? If so, a reporter would love to talk to you about your experience. Please email PR@Edmunds.com by Wednesday, May 17, 2017 letting us know if you were a new or returning customer to your dealership and if the experience was different than what you expected (easier/harder to get financed, higher/lower interest rate, etc.). Thanks for your help!

Edmunds Manager UGC Click on my screen name to send a personal message. Need help navigating? Check out Getting Started in Edmunds Forums.
    Need help picking out a make/model, finding inventory, or advice on pricing? Talk to an Edmunds Car Shopping Advisor

• whiterice1whiterice1 Posts: 1
    I bought my 2017 Honda Civic Touring for $25,108 before taxes and registration in San Diego, CA. The invoice price I found for my zip listed it at $25,800 so i jumped on it! Also, I bought the interior and trunk weather mats at dealer cost for a total price of $179 before tax.
  • benjaminhbenjaminh Posts: 2,930
    Has anyone gotten more than 3000 off of msrp on a 2017 Civic?
  • huskerfan8huskerfan8 Posts: 10
    benjaminh said:

Has anyone gotten more than 3000 off of msrp on a 2017 Civic?

I'm sure it's possible on the higher trims and in the right area, Honda of tyson's corner offers 3K on their website off their higher priced trims (though they have a hefty doc fee, I've been told.)

But of course, it's supply and demand, and Civics are hot now. I wonder if things will cool off when the new Accord is released.