Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Subaru Tribeca Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    njjulianonjjuliano Member Posts: 83
    Fitzmall is generally a good gauge on what prices should hover Beating their price almost makes it a no brainer.

Be careful of "OTD" prices, especially when its OTD except for taxes. That's not OTD. If a salesman uses OTD and then says before taxes, its more opportunity for other things to be included in the tax without your knowledge. Its in the salesforce's best interest to blurry the line of what "Out The Door" means, tranlates to more room for tactics to mess the buyer.
  • Options
    eric106eric106 Member Posts: 13
    hi first post here. i really don't no to much about leasing. anyways my wife wants to get the limited 2008 tribeca. the one she was looking at is i think 34,000. now what do u guys think i should be paying for this car. say a 39 month lease. i was hoping in the low 400.00's. with 1500 down.also with 12,000 miles a year. thanks eric
  • Options
    tom142tom142 Member Posts: 1
    Hello. Just posting my cost on a 2008 base 5 psg Tribeca (not limited edition). I drove it home today, what a great car! I paid $27,987 and the dealer added the roof rails and cross-bars at no cost. I paid another $590 to have a trailer hitch installed, bringing the total vehicle cost to $28,577. I paid $349 processing fee, 3% tax, and tags & titling fee. Total cost came to $29,918.13. Judging from what I've seen I feel pretty good about the deal and am real pleased with the car. I bought this Tribeca at Perry Subaru in Virginia Beach, Va. Good-luck and happy shopping!
  • Options
    g_threadgillg_threadgill Member Posts: 2
    Hi, Just bought my 08 from Chaplins Subaru in Bellevue, WA two weeks ago as a gift for my wife. They tried to sell me a 07 instead but was able to swing a 08 Limited with all options except for nav and dvd (didn't care) for only $80 more than my 05 Outback. Very impressed with their sales and service dept. as other dealers just tried to pull a fast one on me. We had a 405 mi road trip last week and avg 21.8 which I thought was very respectable for a vehicle of its size. The one thing I was not happy with is the color selections for interior. I wanted a grey interior with black exterior and you cannot get that combo. So we settled on the grey exterior, and to my surprise, it is a stricking vehicle. So far I have not seen another on the road, and I like it that way, being around here everyone has Acuras, when looking at the Acura dealership, I was wearing blue jeans and was treated like crap, or looked like I couldn't afford one, so their loss. We are now a 4 Subaru family and unless I need a pickup, I will never buy a American car again. :shades:
  • Options
    jeffmcjeffmc Member Posts: 1,742
    Congrats from a fellow Puget Sounder. :) I like the grey exterior - it's pretty dark (could be mistaken for black at night, I think) but won't show dirt & swirls like black would. I've seen one '08 on 405 so far.
  • Options
    eric106eric106 Member Posts: 13
    i am in NJ and want to lease a limited 2008 5pass tribeca. the mspr is 32,000. now what would be the going money factor and residule value. thanks.
  • Options
    g_threadgillg_threadgill Member Posts: 2
    Thanks, I still have not seen another yet. You probaly seen ours out on the 405,as we travel that road often. My wife enjoys it a lot, and now is glad we did not settle on a 07. We appreciate your comment.
  • Options
    morey000morey000 Member Posts: 384
    [g_threadgill] wrote: "...unless I need a pickup, I will never buy a American car again."

My Tribeca was built in Lafayette, Indiana, USA.
    Where was yours built?

I wouldn't write the American car companies off just yet.
  • Options
    googzgoogz Member Posts: 7
    Well, finally decided on a model and price. Got the 2008 7-passenger Limited for $30,500 OTD (before taxes). Very happy with the deal...looking forward to picking it up and now getting to enjoy the vehicle!
  • Options
    therizinostherizinos Member Posts: 7
    Congrats! That's an excellent price. Can you please share the dealer and salesperson you worked with?

Thx
  • Options
    ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    That does sound great. I see 5 seat Limiteds go for that much.
  • Options
    pmtrepmtre Member Posts: 55
    On 11/10/2007, our first day looking at the 08 Tribeca, We were quoted 36 mo. 15k/yr MF .00090 Resid 54% / 5 pass/ limited. We are in MA.
    Best Deal was $ 419/mo. Inc tax & fees MSRP was 33,463. This was over the phone so we didn't see it in writing. Another dealer quoted in writing 419/mo. with $1393.00 down/

I hope this helps. We like the numbers and the vehicle.
  • Options
    ba12ba12 Member Posts: 2
    What is a good price for 07 Limited with NAV/DVD? I'm in the Atlanta area. I know there is the $3500 rebate plus financing incentive right now on remaining 07s. One dealer started at invoice of around $35,000 and then subtracted rebate without even a fight. Appreciate the help.
  • Options
    reeffishreeffish Member Posts: 1
    I am also in the market for a 2008 7 passenger limited, could you tell me the name of the dealership. Thanks!
  • Options
    handcuff68handcuff68 Member Posts: 3
    Members don't waste your time with Somerset Subaru in NJ. The Business Manager is very disrespectful and thinks that it is funny to make fun at customers offers. Here is the statement E-mailed to me on 11/14/07 in reference to my asking price. $380.00 per month is a dream price. However when you wake up from your dream, I will be willing to lease you a vehicle. That is not how you speak to customers. I reported his immediately.
  • Options
    walterqwalterq Member Posts: 16
    Looking to buy Tribeca in northeast (I have to travel from Ontario anyways) ... any suggestions of volume dealer with best prices?
    Thks,
    WQ
  • Options
    I think Van Bortel is a good place to start. I believe they're a no-haggle dealer in NY.
  • Options
    topneurotopneuro Member Posts: 8
    An Out The Door (OTD) price is not a price before taxes.
    The final negotiation price of the vehicle (which includes destination fee since this fee is not negotiable), plus all Sales taxes, tags, registration, all dealer fees real or imaginary, is the OTD.
    Of course as expected OTD will be influence by the state where you buy and/or register the car, therefore for comparison purposes specify Final negotiation price of the vehicle and also the OTD.
  • Options
    pmtrepmtre Member Posts: 55
    Hi,

My wife wants to go shopping today. She has her sights set on 2008/ 5 pass lmtd/ MSRP $33887.00 dealer wants $399.00 OTD door. no money down. Sign and drive. This is $20.00 /mo. better than the other best offer we had a 2 weeks ago. There is one or two other dealers we can ckeck withl. Anybody getting any better deals?
  • Options
    maryh3maryh3 Member Posts: 263
    I looked at an 07 base model, 5-seatTribeca a few months ago but rejected it because I thought the 7 passenger Tribeca would be better for my needs. However, since then I have purchased a new minivan and was hoping to give my old high mileage minivan to my college-aged son. Needless to say he is objecting. The dealer has contacted me saying he REALLY wants to move this 07 model. How low do you think he will go? I would be buying it for my kids as a safe vehicle. If it goes to a college though, it will sit out subjected to the elements since they have no garages there. I don't mind dealers making a profit, however, I am compromising on what I want, so he will have to compromise too.

The invoice on this vehicle is 28936
    Rebate is 3500

It has about 5000 miles on it (demonstrator)

What do you think is his bottom line - even if he has to take a small loss?
  • Options
    css1css1 Member Posts: 247
    Offer him 25k TOTAL including TTL out the door - not a penny more.

28936-3500-2000+TTL= +/- 25K depending on your state tax.

It's a used car no matter how you look at it.
  • Options
    I agree. Looks like someone is about to pickup a bargain, too...
  • Options
    div3804div3804 Member Posts: 7
    I am not sure that which year model I should get 2007 or 2008. 2007 has 3500 manu. rebate. if 2008 is any better then please let me know why I should get 2008. I live in NJ and have 2008 legacy GT and love it. any input is appriciate. What should be final price OTD price for 2008 7 passanger LTD model or I will be better off with leftover 2007.
  • Options
    Body styling is different, so it's your personal preference whether that's an improvement or not, but there were many other improvements in the '08 model. Most significant change is the new, larger 3.6L engine, which puts out more horsepower and torque, gets better fuel economy, and runs on regular unleaded instead of premium. Transmission was improved. Suspension was tweaked for smoother ride. With larger side mirrors plus the redesign of the D pillar & rear side glass, rearward visibility was improved. Raised roof rails were added for better utility. Access to the 3rd row was improved. Tweeter placement was altered for better clarity. Key and remote are combined instead of 2 pieces. Plus, when it's time to trade or sell the vehicle, you'd be getting an additional year's worth of resale value with the '08 and it'd likely be easier to re-sell than the '07 because of the styling changes.

To me, those changes are worth quite a bit... particularly the engine and transmission. And if you drive a typical amount, you'll save at least $1500 in fuel costs over 5 years filling up with regular unleaded instead of premium. (Figuring 20 cents/gallon difference in fuel grades and 15k miles driven per year.) That $1500 would recoup quite a bit of the price difference between an '07 and an '08.

About $1500 below invoice is a good target for an '08. So you should be able to get an '08 7-pass Ltd without DVD or navigation for around $30,500-$31,000. That includes any rebates, but doesn't include any taxes or fees.
  • Options
    08 Beca is a no brainer, unless you can get 07 for > $6K less and need to save the $.

Course you also could buy the Land Rover LR2 and spend more time in the shop.
  • Options
    08 for the engine alone. It's worth more. Plus the cheaper fuel.

I think you'll actually come out ahead in the long run (resale, fuel costs), but even if it did cost more I'd say 08.
  • Options
    pez1413pez1413 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking at the 2008 B9 limited with a navigation system. MSRP is $35,640. Dealer in eastern PA is offering it to me for $33,557. Does this seem reasonable?
  • Options
    ripdmupripdmup Member Posts: 1
    35k to 33k seems a bit to high to me.They are giving a 3500 incentive.35,0000 - 3500 = 31,500 $$$ Just to start,Seems a better deal could be made even from that 31,500. Just my .02 worth.
  • Options
    2008 no longer called "B9". Believe above references a 2007 B9 which you do not want. Looks like a 5 Pass Limited, no add-ons. Dealer is offering for invoice ($33,557) which isn't bad for a low-mid volume dealer. If you go to a high volume dealer, you can negotiate $1,000 - $1,500 off this invoice price. (FitzMall $1,500 off for example)
  • Options
    eltipoeltipo Member Posts: 21
    I've been looking at the local dealer's website nd they are showing an 06 5-pass limited w/gray interior on sale for $26,075 from $32,920. I am thinking I could shoot well lower than that. I have yet to contact them because I am still on the fence about the vehicle. Any ideas would help.

Thanks,
  • Options
    A new 08 would run about $30k. I think that price is high.

$32,920 was probably the MSRP when it was brand new. A 2 year old model should be 20-30% cheaper than the actual selling price of a new one, so that's a bit on the high side.
  • Options
    qdexterqdexter Member Posts: 3
    Not sure if it is too late, but I just bought a new '08 7-pass Ltd Tribeca w/o DVD or Nav and with Back up sensors, compass mirror, rear bumper cover and cargo tray for $30,200 inlcuding $750 dealer rebate. The MSRP was $34,640. I picked it up on January 2nd. I negotiated the deal via email with Concordville Subaru in Glen Mills, PA.
  • Options
    Nice deal. Last time I looked 5 pass. LTDs were that much.
  • Options
    tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,606
    Are we talking new or used? Two weeks ago here in Seattle, I saw a used 06 5-pass limited with Nav for $20.5K. I thought long and hard on that one. $26K sounds high to me, especially since the 7-pass is more in demand than the 5-pass...

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

• Options
    eltipoeltipo Member Posts: 21
    I believe it is a new vehicle. Seems like local dealers in my area like to put their new closeouts on their specials page.

I currently drive a Jeep Wrangler and think the B9 would be better for my newborn son's sake. I am thinking that with a good trade in for my current vehicle and decent pricing on this closeout I can be driving a pretty nice new car. Are the differences in model years that dramatic that I would not want to pursue this one?

I really appreciate the insights.
  • Options
    You can get all the info you ever wanted to know about Tribecas here, including pricing. 06 to 07 is not so dramatic (07 has an aux in plug for the stereo ;) ), but 07 to 08 is pretty dramatic...

• Options
    Hey now, don't forget the real cargo cover was added in 07!! ;)
  • Options
    I think the backup cam if you get the GPS, too.
  • Options
    How could I forget? :P

• Options
    texsteelertexsteeler Member Posts: 9
    Greetings all, brand new to club Tribeca.

I suspect there is a lot of money to be saved if you can travel to the sunbelt to buy your Subaru. Here in South Texas, most people think Subaru means you misspelled Suburban.

I bought my limited 7pax w/ 12K m this week. Great condition, $22.9K. I think that's well below KBB. I've seen this vehicle listed MUCH higher on dealer websites around the country. The dealer told me they get a lot of visitors from the snowbelt because it's so hard to find a good used Subaru up north.
  • Options
    lenasboyslenasboys Member Posts: 11
    Sounds like a pretty good deal! I purchased my 2006 B9 Tribeca in November 7pass. limited with a set of snow tires, and some other accessories for $24,995
    It had 19,500 miles on it. The only thing it didn't have was the dvd/nav. system. Guess the nav. system doesn't work here in Alaska, and since they come as a pkg. the dealer doesn't get
    very many up here.
    Congratulations on your purchase - definitely a good deal and choice! :shades:
  • Options
    I purchased my 7pass. Limited Black w/ gray interior this last November.
    It had 19,500 miles and included a set of snow tires and a few extra added accessories, for $24,995
    They were asking $29,995, but after a few days of negotiating, we got them to go down to what we were willing to pay.
    I did alot of the process online and by phone. We are extremely happy with the experience and love our Tribeca! :blush:
  • Options
    ylzylz Member Posts: 45
    Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum but am about to purchase a 2008 Tribeca 5 Pas/Limited. Now I am really torn about getting the black exterior with beige interior or the diamond gray exterior with gray interior. I wanted black on black but obviously that's not possible. The beige interior is much nicer in person and I always wanted a black SUV. But people keep telling me to stay away from black cars cause they're so dam hard to keep clean. Has anyone that had a black car share some insight to this. Now the diamond gray color is also gorgeous on the outside. You guys let me know which one you like better. Thanks.
  • Options
    lkconferlkconfer Member Posts: 10
    About a year ago we bought an 06 Tribeca that is silver with a gray leather interior. We really liked the color combo because they flow so very well with the overall styling of the vehicle. The 06 also has the chromed grill that fits nicely with the styling, and the two tone gray dash flows well with the silver metallic trim. The silver also shows less road dirt. My wife's other option was black, but like you, we could only find it with a beige interior, which my wife hated. At least the don't have that ugly reddish-brown color anymore (personal taste, no offense to owner's of reddish-brown Tribecas)!
  • Options
    If you live someplace dry and not dusty, and if you have a lot of time to keep your vehicle detailed, maybe the black would be OK. Otherwise, go for the gray... it's dark enough to have nearly the same "pop" visually that black does. Gray will also age better since it won't show swirls/dings/chips/scratches like black would.
  • Options
    daalendaalen Member Posts: 2
    Hi all,
    There doesn't seem to be a forum for the new Tribeca, so here's my price for an '08 without the B9. $34,790 for a white limited 7 passenger with navi/dvd/puddle lights (love those things)/dimming mirror. I think that's a pretty decent price (before taxes etc. but including destination), don't think they're moving too fast here in SoCal though. Can't wait to pick it up this afternoon. Cheers!!
  • Options
    Sounds like a good deal! White is a good color - that was our second choice, if we couldn't get black. Definitely doesn't show dirt as much as black!
    Enjoy your new ride!
  • Options
    Congrats in advance.

Some competing crossovers have "crossed over" the $40k mark, too.
  • Options
    cars4robcars4rob Member Posts: 2
    I found a 2007 5 Pass Limited Tribeca with 5000m for $25000. It doesn't have a Nav system. Is this a good price? How about having to run 91 Octane? With gas @3.50 per gallons it seems to high. We have driver the 2008 and really like it. Any thoughts problem ideas? Good Place to purchase a Tribeca on the web? Thanks.
  • Options
    daalendaalen Member Posts: 2
    Well,
    A new one is about 6,000 more expensive (per carsdirect). So it depends on if you'd rather save $6k and driver the old look with weaker engine (if you haven't driven the older model, make sure you do since the engine was upgraded for 08 and 07 has a different drive in that regards). What I did for mine was email all dealers in my area (they were very responsive), I went back and forth a little and cut into their holdback a ways but that was their loss :-). I'm sure they made money in the end. Love my '08!