Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Subaru Tribeca Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    That price seems decent, but I think I'd spend about $4 grand more and get a new 08.
  • Options
    occkingoccking Member Posts: 346
    In Aug 06, I purchased a 7 pass limited Tribeca with NAV for around 26k, with 10,000 miles. $25,000 seems like quite a bit for a vehicle approaching 2 years old. I ran high test in my 06 most of the time, but on several occasions used regular with absolutely no difference in performance or mpg. I kept very close check on computer mileage (usually around 21 mpg) and actual mileage for the time I had the car (traded it in recently with 65,000 miles) was probably slightly over 20 mpg (probably averaged 75% highway driving) My biggest complaint was the very "rough" ride the car gave over anything but smooth surfaces. I never drive an 08 but heard the suspension on both the 07's and 08"s had been changed a bit to get a better ride. Don't really know how much "peppier" the larget V6 is in the 08 compared to the 06 and 07 but I find what I had was adequate. But, I came from a 4 cylinder Ouback, and the Tribeca felt like jet compared to that one.

Good luck in whatever you decide, but 25,000 seems quite high for the vehicle you are interested in
  • Options
    robotb9robotb9 Member Posts: 82
    Our 2006 5-passenger Limited (no DVD., no NAV) will reach the end of its 3 year lease at the end of July. 36,000 miles now, will probably be ~40,000 at end of lease. Excellent condition, suits our needs well. Purchase option price is ~20,600. Should we just buy it, or look for a deal on a 2008? Not very interested in leasing again (wasn't my idea in the first place).
  • Options
    You know the vehicle better than anyone, and by your description, I would keep it.

Unless the 2008 has some very compelling advantage to you in particular, keep your 06.
  • Options
    cars4robcars4rob Member Posts: 2
    thanks, for the response. We have not decide on anything yet. But the newone keeps looking better all the time. I am very slow when it comes to purchasing cars.
  • Options
    jeffmcjeffmc Member Posts: 1,742
    Test drive an '08, then if you like your '06 well enough, keep it. Sounds like it's working well for you, so no reason to spend the dough unless there's something compelling for you about the '08. You're putting on only 13k miles/year, so your '06 should go another 5 years at that rate with ease. Your monthly payment on $20,600 will certainly be much cheaper than a new '08!
  • Options
    cibaciba Member Posts: 3
    Got a 2008 7-Passenger Tribeca to be delivered to deal tomorrow.

$29,300 otd

Options:
    Bumper underguard
    Mud guards (shouldn''t call these an "option" as they're required in Oregon)
    Auto dimming mirror/compass (w/o homelink)
    Cargo Tray
    Cargo cover
    Dealer installed roof rails

Couldn't get a limited because I'm too tall to fit in just about anything with a moon roof.
  • Options
    Great price, I didn't think those were any less than $30k.
  • Options
    subysuvsubysuv Member Posts: 1
    Hi sweet subie

I'm looking at Plaistow dealer they have #3 08's used 3Kmiles and 7Kmiles and 4 07's 15k and 18K . 07's running around 25K, 08's 30's all LTD's.

What do you think how much they will be able to drop the price.?

Anyone else have experience with this Plaistow Dealer?

Thanks!
  • Options
    jbd115jbd115 Member Posts: 8
    Anyone have any buying experiences for a 2008 Subaru Tribeca Limited 7 passenger with Navigation System? I have read elsewhere that people can get deals about 1000-2000 below invoice. Any help is appreciated.
  • Options
    theroux1theroux1 Member Posts: 13
    We just picked up our fully loaded 08 leftover for $6200 off the MSRP of $39,011. Plus we got 2.9% financing for 63 months. I think this is a good deal.
  • Options
    chooch5chooch5 Member Posts: 1
    I was looking for a 3 row SUV with a DVD and navigation for my wife. She loved the Accura MDX but I'm not paying 40K OTD. I searched online for the dealers stock & requested a price. Found the Tribeca with the options & color she wanted from John Kennedy in Plymouth Meeting PA. Got a great price. $31,700 plus T&T. Test drove it, dealer said it was the bottom included a cash discount of $3500 which I paided. Took my POS Explorer as a trade to cover the tax & tags. Also took the 6 yr/60K warrenty. Oh, I didn't know this is acutally a FORD.
  • Options
    That's a really good price. Even less than we paid and I thought that was a good deal! I guess they are getting despirate.
  • Options
    Congrats. I'm sure you'll find the Tribeca is a lot more refined.
  • Options
    jeffmcjeffmc Member Posts: 1,742
    "Oh, I didn't know this is acutally a FORD."

?? Not sure where you got that info... it's not. Subaru has no connections to Ford. Tribeca is built and sold only as a Subaru model, by the fine workers at the Subaru Indiana Automotive factory in Lafayette, IN, side-by-side with Outback and Legacy.
  • Options
    wanttobuy2wanttobuy2 Member Posts: 1
    Hi

Can any one suggest me what price they have paid for 2008 Subaru Tribeca 7 Passengers or 2008 Subaru Tribeca 7 Passengers Limited Edition. The MSRP for 7 Passneger is 31000 and Invoice is 29056. What prices should i offer?
  • Options
    skiguy2skiguy2 Member Posts: 8
    I scored an 08, 7 seater with Nav/DVD... tossed in the remote starter ..just had to say bye bye to 172500+ miles on my 97 OBack... price was like 28, 886.. sticker price was over 39.. they were happy to see this leave the lot..it had 7886 miles..great to upgrade and we did drive an 07 but the 3.6 engine sealed the deal...
    and I know lots of people wish the gas ank were bigger but hey the that keep the fill up price down for 16.9 gallons instead of near 20
  • Options
    Congrats. Great price, wow. That should be well in to the mid 30s.
  • Options
    It sounds like a great deal. We paid about $4k more with 0 miles and without the remote starter.
  • Options
    sloboundslobound Member Posts: 2
    Seriously thinking about getting my wife an '08 Tribeca Limited Edition 5 passenger w/Nav (60 miles on odometer). Options include reverse assist sensors, puddle lights, autodim mirror, luggage compartment cover, and rear bumper cover. Dealer sticker shows $36,543 MSRP. Received a call from the sales guy offering $7K off sticker + TTL without any haggling on my part. That would make the deal at $29,543 + TTL. Do you think this is a good deal for an '08 or go for an '09? Thanks!
  • Options
    I think that you can do better than that. We got ours in August and saved almost $8k off MSRP. They must really want to move them by now.
  • Options
    ccolt1ccolt1 Member Posts: 4
    I just purchased a 2008 base model 5 passenger new in Nov. for 28,400 and the msrp was 30,650. plus the 4000.00 cash back so it was 24,400 plus tax and license. also get lifetime oil changes from the dealership.I hope this was not to bad of deal.This was also in California.
  • Options
    Wow, is all I can say. I remember when that was a $29,000 vehicle.
  • Options
    ccolt1ccolt1 Member Posts: 4
    I take it that is was not a bad deal? I love the car and it's GREAT in the snow!!
  • Options
    tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,606
    "I take it that is was not a bad deal?"

You take it correctly.

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

• Options
    Absolutely. That's not much more than we paid for a loaded Forester.
  • Options
    sjtashsjtash Member Posts: 27
    I was offered 2 deals both for 12,000 miles per year base 7 pass, bank fee, taxes and dmv fee down plus first month:

1. 36 months
    29,500 selling price
    51% residual
    6.72% (.0028) Money Factor
    498.36 monthly pmt

2. 42 months
    29,500 selling price
    47% residual
    3.72% (.0016) Money Factor
    408 monthly pmt

Is this a good deal? What have others paid? The only real negotiating point is the selling price. I am awaiting quotes on the Special Edition and Limited.
  • Options
    SigmeadSigmead Member Posts: 4
    Do you really have to lease? obviously the 42mo deal is better due to lower money factor, but either way, when you factor in having to pay tax, which in some states is on the full selling price, and given the residual, is it worth it versus buying, especially with some of the deals on either 08's, the 09's and some program cars that are out there with low mileage and substantial warranty. Paying 3.72 interest in any case when purchase financing can be had at 2.9 or lower, just doesn't seem like a good deal, especially when factoring other up front costs like tax and acquisition fee (which is usually 600, so that's a sunk cost as well for the lease, in addition to the tax if paying on full amount).

I did the analysis myself and ended up buying. Got an 09 limited 7pass with 13k miles under 25k. Only thing I would lease right now is a Honda where residual can run 55% and higher depending on model.

hope that helps.
  • Options
    bjssbjss Member Posts: 51
    Been considering a Tribeca based on everythign I read/hear...noticed that 2 dealers in my area still have 08's on the lot (also looks like they have been there a while - Feb/March 08 mfg date). Stickers range from 32-36K...how much do you think I can reasonably offer? Only about 4-5 left.
  • Options
    You should be able to save at least $10k. We saved $7,000 way back in August.
  • Options
    billyk1billyk1 Member Posts: 16
    Looking at an 08 CPO 7 passenger limited w/RES, NAV. Car has 9k miles. No haggle dealership is asking for 26k. Sticker is almost 40k. Thoughts?
  • Options
    lkconferlkconfer Member Posts: 10
    I'd recommend taking the deal if you like the vehicle. You probably won't find a much lower price with all the goodies included. You may be able to get them to throw in some extra accessories that you can't live without. They usually cost the dealer very little. Maybe even a lifetime oil change deal (they are a pain to change the oil yourself).

We bought a fully equipped 06 Tribeca with RSE and NAV in Feb of 07 for $26,900. It was a dealer demo with 16K on it, and we couldn't beat the deal back then when the earlier versions just weren't selling. My wife loves the car. It now has over 50K and runs and looks like new. I kinda grew to prefer the ugly mouse nosed earlier version over the drab and commonplace Chrysler Pacifica cloned faces of the newer models, although I wish I had the 3.6 running regular gas and back-up cam. My wife watches the way she drives and averages 19.5 MPG mixed/ 26 hgwy according to the onboard computer. I average ~22 mixed with my 2002 Forester S, although it probably needs a minor tune up with 100K on it.

I don't think you will regret the purchase of the Tribeca. They are great vehicles for the price with unmatched handling and safety in its class (IMHO) . You could spend a lot more on an Acura, Toyota, Volvo, or even Lexus without getting that much more (or maybe even less) for your money. However, you may want to consider a Subaru extended warranty once you near 36K miles. We shopped around and got a good price from a dealer other that where we bought the Tribeca. I know that some say it's better to bank the money for repairs, but we bought the 6 yr/100K warranty for piece of mind. These days, having something go wrong on a technically advanced vehicle like a Tribeca, the price of the warranty would be paid back on the first visit.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    Great deal, the first owner paid $10 grand and barely used it, plus Subaru is tossing in the long warranty. Go for it before they come to their senses.
  • Options
    dollyhdollyh Member Posts: 5
    dear Car Man - Pleasantville NY Subaru is offering me a 42 mo lease at $496/mo, based on msrp of $33,672 and money factor of .00120. I also need ti buy extended warranty at $544. From what I am reading on your site, it seems an expensive lease and a low residual. I am locked into leasing due to the business so am thinking Lexus 09 is a better lease deal. your thoughts?
  • Options
    Why would you "need" to buy an extended warranty? That seems ridiculous.

You're fully covered except for the last 6 months, and even then the powertrain is fully covered.

Sounds like the dealer is trying to pad their profits by $544.

I'm not against extended warranties, but on a lease? :confuse:
  • Options
    thndersnow2thndersnow2 Member Posts: 5
    New to Subarus and general car buying here.. I'm interested in an 08 Tribeca. At first I considered an 06 or 07, but I would like some of the features that they added such as the XM capability, the auxiliary port, new engine, correction of blind spot, etc.

I see one dealer offering 2008 Subaru Tribeca Limited 7-Passenger for $23,495 sticker (this may be their online price as I have not gone to see the actual vehicle).

1. Miles: 8,141 (Does this mean it was a demo? What exactly does it mean for a car to have been a demo?...)

2. Does the price seem really low (implying there might be some issues)?

3. How much do you think they would come down from the sticker price?

Thanks for the input! =)
  • Options
    It may vary by state, but I think in some places over 5000 miles means it's used.

In fact I'm looking at a used 08 Miata with 3000 miles, so I don't see how 8141 miles could be called new.

It may have been a demo, a loaner car, or a program car. Them's a lot of miles, though.

The price has been dropped accordingly, in fact I think it's a deal, just know you are not buying a new vehicle. Your neighbors don't need to know that, though. ;)
  • Options
    ember75ember75 Member Posts: 2
    Really? We're looking at an '08 Limited with Nav and the best we are getting is 7500 off. They're offering 6K off of the '09's. Think we'll go with the '08 though for the $1500 savings.
  • Options
    bug4bug4 Member Posts: 370
    FYI: Just purchased a 06 Tribeca, based model, with 21,400 miles, new tires and virtually new condition for $18,000. Wouldn't have minded an 08 or 09, but I thought this was a much better value. (Could have purchased a new one for around $27,000). It was a dealer car, driven by one of the dealer's sons, serviced religiously at the dealership and then parked for almost one year (put only 2000 miles on it after 2007). Its sure a neat car/truck! All the other similar models I looked at (all with more mileage) were priced around $19,000+.
  • Options
    Congrats, great deal. 3rd row comes with several extras so that really adds value.
  • Options
    mizmob9mizmob9 Member Posts: 2
    hey everyone , just bought my new b9 today. Picking it up on tuesday!

Its a 2006 limited black with tan leather interior , 7 passenger , no nav but dvd , 32k

We settled on 18,000 flat and its in flawless condition

i got the extended gold warranty for free and its certified!

I really had a great buying experiance with subaru , I currently own a maxima and I dropped them since subaru was willing to wheel and deal.
  • Options
    johnoldjohnold Member Posts: 4
    Considering these possibly for purchase and would like opinions on what is best deal...

07 Limited 7 Pass Leather DVD Nav Rear Camera XM ready 44K miles $20000
    This is a one owner who I think serviced it well looking at carfax, but he put some miles on it.....but this is not being sold be a subaru dealer so wondering why they did not keep it and certify it ? Should I be worried about that ? Should I be worried about 44K ?

07 Limited 7 Pass Leather Nav Rear Assist XM ready 30K miles $19000...this one is at a Subaru dealer and certified....

Thanks for any thoughts or opinions...

JO
  • Options
    mizmob9mizmob9 Member Posts: 2
    are you talking 06 or 07?

all the 07's I saw were in the 20's with nav and rear

seems weired, an 07 with same miles as an 2006 would sticker for the same price and yours even has nav and such?

sounds fishy
  • Options
    Congrats, sounds sweet. I had an 06 loaner for a week and we loved it.
  • Options
    Buy the one from the dealer.

With the $1000 you'll save you could easily purchase an aftermarket DVD, probably for half that much. And you'd have fewer miles plus it's certified.

Definitely the $19k one.
  • Options
    tribeca69tribeca69 Member Posts: 2
    I just traded my 2001 Outback in on a new (used) 2008 Tribeca 5 pass. They had a brand new ( 0 miles ) in the back for 32k. They also had the exact same car in the front with 10k miles for 22k. No brainer. I drove it home the same day. I think that is the best deal I have yet seen. Go to Autotrader.com and search for Tribecas and get a feel for what they are going for. So far I am avg about 21 hwy/city and 24 on hwy trips. Not to bad. My outback did just a little better.
  • Options
    Sweet, congrats. $10,000 off plus free break-in service. ;)
  • Options
    isuzutruckisuzutruck Member Posts: 3
    Interested in 2009 Tribeca Limited. Many NJ dealers have them on their lots(new & used) and some of them have not moved for awhile. Sales data for this model appears to be on the decline(-59%). Contacted several dealers expecting heavy discounts, but that does not appear to be the case. The best price I got so far was 31k for 7pass limited w/nav and 28.9k for 5pass limited no nav plus TTL. Considering that many appear to be still on the lots, are bigger discounts possibly on the way or is this as good as it will get? I've even considered a 2008 or 2009 CPO low mileage, if the price is right. Any suggestions?
  • Options
    The prices are pretty good. I think the lowest I've seen for a new one is about $27k, and that's not a Limited, so $28.9k is probably close to the best price you'll see. You may do slightly better.

They are bargains used to I would check those out, but try to get an 08 for the 3.6l boxer.
  • Options
    devon5devon5 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought an 06 Tribeca 7-Pass Limited Edition for $17,778 out the door. The price before fees/taxes is $16,300. Is this a good deal? The sticker price was $21K, but it doesn't mean anything when I already expect to haggle with the sales guy. He was nice though.

It has 65K with all leather, 3rd row, Nav, towing package, no DVD, new tires, blue with tan interior. Carfax clean with 1 owner.

I really like this SUV. Been looking at Tribeca for several months now, but never test drive one before. Only test drive this SUV and was sold on it's road control and amenities.

Salt Lake City, UT