Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Mazda5 Owners Accessories & Modifications

Comments

• I've talked to a couple of stealerships and most of them won't have any stock until late september. But the 5 uses the same rolling stock as the 3 so it shouldn't be too hard to find rims and tires. personally I'm getting either Pirelli Winter Carving or Hankook Icebear 404's.

I do know that you can get the Pirelli's with rims from Gyro MAzda for around $795 which seems to be a competitive price

BTW I would get 16 inch rims (even for the GT) it opens up your tire options tremendously
  • minisubminisub Posts: 8
    hi all,
    I have an Q tower Yakima rack from my other car and I want to use it on my M5, has anyone used the Q tower on the M5? From Yakima website it states you need get Q12 and Q131 Clips, I wonder if anyone had experience with them and how it fits on the M5? The main thing I am looking for is does the clips interfere with power windows and do they fit pretty snugly onto the car? Anyone who has experience with these would be appreciated.
  • minisubminisub Posts: 8
    Okay, NAVTEQ is company you have to call according to Mazda. Currently Mazda 5 model map update is not available and not even on their website. The support guy told me they release new maps every 12-14 months and the cost is $199. Personally I think that's bit much just for newer maps. :mad: I wonder if all Mazada uses the same GPS system? Here's their website:
    http://www.navteq.com/updates/updates.html

I think maybe it's a good idea to make copy of your current DVD maps in case your original breaks.
  • rlyonrlyon Posts: 57
    Thanks for the link, saved me the trouble of finding it out. I see that you can submit issues with the maps like new roads, new street signs, etc. I will have to submit at least 4 for my city that have changed recently. Also, phone numbers don't always pull up addresses. THose who submit new map fixes should at least be entitled to a discount off the update cost ;)
  • wusterwuster Posts: 153
    The nav in the Mazda5 is the same one in the Mazda3. So the Mazda3 DVD should work for the Mazda5, and according to their website, there is an update for 2005 and older Mazda3's.

I'll have to check the version of my DVD.
  • I was in for the 24k oil change, and asked about the turbo and intercooler parts that are for the Mazda 6 Speed. I was told that yes, it can be added, and that by the time you add up all the parts you need, it would cost ~ $4000 Canadian, plus taxes and installation. I'm thinking it might need a few extra parts or upgrades as well - exhaust, etc. I would like to see the extra power, and I'm guessing with the turbo, I could probably see around 240hp?? I think I'll wait another 2 years when my warranty expires then add it. Doing it now would more than likely void the warranty.
    Interesting, please report back your findings. Still, I will have to post at least 4 roads and/or street signs that have changed or been added in the past year or so. There's no way they'd be on any updated DVD. I'll just have to do my part to ensure everyone gets a perfect map no matter what city they are driving in.
  • wusterwuster Posts: 153
    Heck, I want to report my neigborhood in Leesburg, VA and about half of Ashburn, VA.

It's pretty funny when I drive beyond the roads shown on the map. It really throws the navi system off and it keeps telling me to make a u-turn. It's also fun to see the car traveling on the screen with no roads.
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 9,184
    The post on the ipod adapter has been moved to the Mazda5 Audio & Entertainment Questions discussion.

Edmunds Moderator

Silver 2012 Nissan Versa Hatchback & White 2019 Nissan Rogue S

Need some roadside assistance? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Just purchased or leased a vehicle? Write your own vehicle review

• mazdalvrmazdalvr Posts: 16
    I have found some pictures of the Mazda 5 or the Premacy in Japan at the Tokyo Auto Salon it looks awsome! I am hoping we will get our hands on some of the parts they used.
    Where are the pics?!
  • mazdalvrmazdalvr Posts: 16
    go to the photo search option and type in mazda5 or go to my page and look in my photo album.
  • denrhizdenrhiz Posts: 1
    Hi Boytoys,

Where did you get the carpet materials you used?
    I'd like to make one to protect my carpets. Thanks for sharing!

-denrhiz
    Awesome stuff, thanks.

Edmunds Moderator

Need some roadside assistance? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• crail29crail29 Posts: 3
    Has anyone bought the heavy duty rubber floor mats from Weather Tech? I'm a little leery of Mazda's own "all weather" mats, since they seem to be made of vinyl.
    No problems with Mazda's mats so far other than the knobbed texture under the driver's feet that was worn a little flat. Overall, for what $60 I'm pretty happy, just wish the Mazda Emblem was painted or made to stand out from the rest of the mat.

Edmunds Moderator

• msalmsal Posts: 3
    I've surfed a bit and the lowest prices for me seem to be from the south Austin, TX dealer. Free shipping on orders over $100 to 48 states.

www.mazdastuff.com
  • Visit my page and click on the corksport link! they have a body kit it looks good! and some other mazda goodies
    Join us for our weekly Mazda Club chat and meet & greet some of your fellow forums fanatics! ;)

The Mazda Club Chat is on tonight. The chat room opens at 8:45PM ET Hope to see YOU there! Check out the schedule

Edmunds Moderator

• kw_dakw_da Posts: 76
    Hi,

Has anyone put splash guards on their M5 that has side sills? I understand that the OEM will not fit. Any recommendations?

thanks
    Hi,

Has anyone added foglights to your M5? Is it hard to do? Is it worth the $210?

Thanks
  • smariasmaria Posts: 279
    I got foglights added to my 2006 Mazda5 Sport when I first bought it, but I took the easy way out and had the dealer install it for me. I was charged $300 for it (I guess about $90 was for labor), but the installation was done well, as far as I can tell it came out exactly the same as the fog lights on the Touring model.
  • :confuse: Does anyone have the soft cargo liner (Mazda part number 0000-8K-L06) for the Mazda 5? I just recently purchased a new 2006 sport edition and want to add a cargo liner. I want to know about the quality of the one from Mazda? Is it worth it?
    Thanks
  • I recently purchased a new 2006 sport edition (w/ sunroof). I want to put on a roof rack, but I'm not sure if the Mazda roof rack is the corect choice after reading the discussions on this board. I noticed that Yakima says that their Q Towers will fit the 5. Has anyone tried these yet? I would be very interested to know how they work.
    Thanks
  • These are two options I'm thinking about getting to add on my 5. My question is, has anyone added the deflector after having their 5 for a while? How much of a difference in the noise level did you notice? The price isn't very high for the part, so it seems like it would be a good investment, even if the noise was only reduced a little. The step plate addition seems to be a no-brainer, as I've seen other cars' bumpers scratched up and want to avoid that - again a cheap part but how much would I be charged for installation? Thanks for your input.
  • kev604kev604 Posts: 30
    My local dealer said that if I bought the step plate they would install it for free. There really is no installation all you do is take off the adhesive and stick it on top of your bumper, you can do it yourself.
    I considered the step plate but passed on it because I was worried that over time it might peel, seen this happen on other vehicles.

The dealer will probably charge installation for the moonroof wind deflector. Whatever they charge you it won't be worth it. Again a very simple item to install, if you've ever bought anything from Ikea and put it together yourself then your more then qualified to install the wind deflector yourself.
    I never considered the wind deflector because I find the Mazda5 moonroof small and with the wind deflector on it that would cover half of the moonroof. Just my personal opinion.

I am also interested in the cargo cover and am wondering if anybody out there has one? My local dealer said they don't even stock one and have never sold one.
    Hi,

I bought the cargo cover. It's spring loaded and fits in the covered slots in the back of the M5. When you lower the rear seats, it gives you a covered trunk area. I like it. Haven't figured out a good place to store it if I'm using the seats. I bought from finishlineperformance which has free shipping for greater than $150. This place mazdastuff.com also has it and free shipping for > $100. Both these places were cheaper than the dealer's new car "discount" price.

The Mazda seatcovers are also quite nice if you like the color. A bit pricey, but you get 6 seats that are designed to not interfer with the side airbags (they have open sides).

David
  • riproyriproy Posts: 57
    Yes, they were a great purchase. We really like them, even if they were a bit expensive (we had to pay duty to ship them to Canada as well). I haven't tried putting them on the third row since ours is down most of the time - can you fold the seats down flat with the seat covers on?