Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Mazda5 Owners Accessories & Modifications

Comments

• rlyonrlyon Posts: 57
    My amp is under the front passenger seat. Not many will fit but the Alpine F250 fits.

As for my sub-
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2328523
    You don't splice the wires, you completely cut them. Out from the radio goes to the amp's input speaker level. Then the wires coming from the speaker side of those you just cut also run to the amp but to the speaker output side. If you turn off the amp, the speakers won't play?? I assume you will amp the BAs, they will need the amp on so the fuse switch sounds like a unnecessary step.

A really good place to go for answers and info is- http://www.msprotege.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=30&f=11

They helped me build my system and helped me with every question along the way. Mazda related too.
  • OK>>>> here we go.. I need my front speakers to sound.... if I cut them, how will they get sound? I am putting in a sub box.. :confuse: NOT amping my BAs.
    Oh, why aren't you amping the BAs? They'll sound 100% better amped as the HU maybe puts out 15w. I assumed you were amping them and you'd need the speaker wires cut and ran to the amp-which is why they call it speaker level. You'll need to cut the speakers wires behind the HU whether you add a LOC or you run speaker level. The speaker wires leaving the HU are the inputs for the amp. Then the amp has to run it's output to your speakers. Thus, you cut the wires. If you are putting in a sub AND and amp, or just an powered sub? I guess you could just splice the wires then bhind the HU and run to the sub/amp, but it won't sound nearly as good if the BAs were amped also.
  • Understood, except I only have a 2 channel amp which is a sub amp... I have had this amp from a previous install on different car/different sound system setup. Just need extra bass... I am happy with my BAs coming out of the HU just the way they are.. Thanks for the input... and hopefully when it stops raining here I can install this setup... I greatly appreciate all the input and help finding that grommet in the firewall :shades: ;)
    Ah I see, np. Well good luck, I hope you get it going to your liking :)
  • OH.. wait, one more question.. any thoughts on the way to wire the remote lead other than at the hu? :confuse:
    Fuse box or cigarette lighter are all I can think of.
  • zwegersdzwegersd Posts: 2
    I've been waiting since you posted this message to see it. I'm really interested.
  • medicmanmedicman Posts: 4
    Hey there, I placed the receiver on the middle console to the left of the cup holders, keeps it discreet and out of the way . It is still easy to use from that location.
  • fowler3fowler3 Posts: 1,919
    For those interested in leather seats check out:

http://www.classicsofttrim.com

Consider the leather side bolsters with suade seat inserts for more comfort and cooler sitting. You can get the saude perferated.

Fowler3
    I;m not sure if this one was mentioned or not but they have tons of leathers and patterns to fit the 5.

http://www.katzkin.com./05/FC/mainFS.html
  • riproyriproy Posts: 57
    Has anyone had these installed? Was it done at the dealer? Are they Mazda product or aftermarket? It seems the sideskirts would reduce the need, but i would still like to have some. I noticed a post some months ago describing how an owner did it himself. Would like to hear the experience of others. Have you put them on and found them useless? Eyesores? Regret the decision?

Thanks for your input.
  • forhgforhg Posts: 1
    has anyone found an add-on for increasing power?
  • riproyriproy Posts: 57
    Has anyone north of the border purchased these? I am especially interested in winter replacements for the 17" rims. Since the stock rubber is quite expensive, i thought this would be one way of decreasing wear on the tires. Aside from the inherent advantage of winter tires in the winter.

Would like to hear where you bought them, costs, and whether it was worth it for winter driving.

Thank you.
  • wa98stratwa98strat Posts: 66
    check out
    cosmno racing (intakes)
    Hiboost.com (turbos) While Hiboost doesn't specifically make a turbo for the 5. The engine compartment of the3 and the 5 are almost identical. Many of the performance parts for the 3 will bolt right up to the 5.

You should take a look at the 5 forums on mpvclub.com or msprotege.com. They're mor active than this board ( and more performance oriented!)
  • fowler3fowler3 Posts: 1,919
    Europeans do not get the 2.3 engine.

But what they do offer is a choice of interior trim colors. Mazda has a beautiful light beige and taupe trim with beige carpeting which looks much better than the black. The bottom of the dash (on the glove box and across) is painted beige too.

We need to bug Mazda to offer it on the USA models.

fowler3
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 9,202
    Beat the heat (that's my plan anyway) at our weekly Mazda chat tonight. See you there!

PF Flyer
    Host
    Wagons, & Hybrid Vehicles

The Mazda Club Chat is on tonight. The chat room opens at 8:45PM ET Hope to see YOU there! Check out the schedule

Edmunds Moderator

Silver 2012 Nissan Versa Hatchback & White 2019 Nissan Rogue S

Need some roadside assistance? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Just purchased or leased a vehicle? Write your own vehicle review

• mrmcc33mrmcc33 Posts: 6
    Has anyone installed the roof rails themselves? Easy? Tough? Useless?
    You mean the Mazda OEM rack? They are EXTREMELY easy. Took about 10 minutes.
  • menmy5menmy5 Posts: 12
    Agreed, very easy and it comes with clear instructions. I got ours from rosenthal mazda - http://www.finishlineperformance.com/mazda5/index.html - though you may find a better price.
  • mrmcc33mrmcc33 Posts: 6
    Thanks! They came as part of the deal - picking them up tomorrow.
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 9,202
    Beat the heat (going to need to do that here in the East!) tonight and stop in for a bit of car chat!

The Mazda Club Chat is on tonight. The chat room opens at 8:45PM ET Hope to see YOU there! Check out the schedule

Edmunds Moderator

Silver 2012 Nissan Versa Hatchback & White 2019 Nissan Rogue S

Need some roadside assistance? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Just purchased or leased a vehicle? Write your own vehicle review

• boytoysboytoys Posts: 8
    Made my own template this morning for the front driver and passenger carpet. Feel free to use it. Link is available here.http://www.canadahobby.com/Mazda5/boytoys/
  • adamricadamric Posts: 1
    Anyone have an online owners manual that they can send me a link to?
  • Just download it from the mazda.ca website. All you have to do is join the owners section (you don't need to be an owner to join)
  • minisubminisub Posts: 8
    hi,
    I recently purchased new Mazda 5 with GPS option, however the DVD maps don't have our new street. I was wondering who do I contact to get the updated DVD maps or how much it would cost? I noticed the company who make the GPS for M5 is same company who makes Hertz Never Lost.
    Any luck. I am in GTA and looking to get winter rims/tires for my new 5 too..
  • wusterwuster Posts: 153
    If you find out first, let the rest of us know.

My street isn't on the Navi map either. :cry:
    check this link, pics of 7th seat of a euro 5 from an ownerlink title